Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Foresight Sports GC2 Launch monitor and simulator

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 slahitou

slahitou

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18810
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Looking for feedback for the GC2 unit, both as a satnd alone launch monitor, and the simulator, if anybody tried it.

Thanks!!!!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 wheeler

wheeler

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81996
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

i have played with it.  Appears to be super accurate, Driving range sim is cool.  Only downside is price--$7k plus just to get started.  If money were no object I would definitely have one.

#3 slahitou

slahitou

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

I know is expensive, but this is going to my shop in Argentina, need something better for fitting than the Zelocity I am currently using, and if I can also turn it into a good and accurate simulator it would be great.  Do you think is better than the Flightscope??

#4 dlefty

dlefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2476
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

I have yet to use it in the "simulation" mode.  However, I will say, as a stand alone launch monitor unit, I have used them all to some extent, and if you are looking for top of the heap accuracy, in the easiest to set up product, in a compact package....ForeSight is it.  Do NOT need a stand alone computer, as the unit will provide the basic data via the LCD screen.  Can USB it into a computer and utilize some really great visual aid, as well as comparison charts / graphs.

Now, if you are looking for more advanced features such as club delivery, etc., that's where units such as TrackMan and FlightScope come into play, but along with that is a slightly more complex set up and use.

Big fan of ForeSight, very easy to use, and VERY accurate......there is a reason they are taking over equipment manufacturer R&D facilities and popping up more and more on the range at tour events.
CALLAWAY Big Bertha V-Series driver
CALLAWAY Big Bertha 3w
CALLAWAY X2Hot hybrid
CALLAWAY Apex Pro irons
CALLAWAY MD2 wedges
ODYSSEY putter

#5 slahitou

slahitou

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

Thanks!!! Please keep comments coming!!!

#6 goatbarn

goatbarn

smashin' goats

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106244
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

Go to Ottawa Golf Forum, then go under the Home Simulation section. The most information in one place regarding DIY, home simulation including several conversations from real GC2 owners about the simulation side of the unit. Very informative.

#7 Baz444

Baz444

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146921
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

The pro installed one at my local club. I have used it with him both for fitting and in sim mode and it seems to give very accurate info.
His golf studio seems to have got alot bussier since it was installed, and he loves it (no surprise there)

#8 Huntster

Huntster

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146777
  • Handicap:11.3
  • Ebay ID:abraxas1971
GolfWRX Likes : 140

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

One of the local golftec's use this.

#9 J.W.

J.W.

Made For or Real Deal?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32437
GolfWRX Likes : 1617

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

View Postdlefty, on 12 December 2011 - 03:35 PM, said:

I have yet to use it in the "simulation" mode.  However, I will say, as a stand alone launch monitor unit, I have used them all to some extent, and if you are looking for top of the heap accuracy, in the easiest to set up product, in a compact package....ForeSight is it.  Do NOT need a stand alone computer, as the unit will provide the basic data via the LCD screen.  Can USB it into a computer and utilize some really great visual aid, as well as comparison charts / graphs.

Now, if you are looking for more advanced features such as club delivery, etc., that's where units such as TrackMan and FlightScope come into play, but along with that is a slightly more complex set up and use.

Big fan of ForeSight, very easy to use, and VERY accurate......there is a reason they are taking over equipment manufacturer R&D facilities and popping up more and more on the range at tour events.

I would echo this post.  I've seen it side by side against TrackMan and it spit out nearly identical numbers.

Pros- Less expensive, accurate, very portable, stand alone unit

Cons- It doesn't come with the TrackMan name and doesn't give you the advanced AoA etc.

#10 tx33

tx33

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98844
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:13 AM

View Postslahitou, on 12 December 2011 - 02:24 PM, said:

I know is expensive, but this is going to my shop in Argentina, need something better for fitting than the Zelocity I am currently using, and if I can also turn it into a good and accurate simulator it would be great.  Do you think is better than the Flightscope??
FWIW, when spending that kind of money: get the Flightscope X2. It's radar based (GS2 is camera based), provides more data on flight & AoA and a good software package. For fitting/teaching that is a definite plus. The GS2 is way overpriced imho. If they'd offer a version minus the sim function for something like 2k it would make for a great driving range device. Just my 2cts.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Stretch

Stretch

#golfwrxproblems

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106949
GolfWRX Likes : 227

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

View PostJ.W., on 13 December 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

I would echo this post.  I've seen it side by side against TrackMan and it spit out nearly identical numbers.

Pros- Less expensive, accurate, very portable, stand alone unit

Cons- It doesn't come with the TrackMan name and doesn't give you the advanced AoA etc.
There will be an add-on available for the GC2 to also give you club head tracking. Probably going to push the price up close to FlightScope X2 territory though.

It's going to be interesting to run this side-by-side with a TrackMan/FlightScope. The doppler units are solving for the face conditions from the club and ball parameters that they do directly measure, whereas the GC2 is "seeing" the actual impact. Theoretically, there shouldn't be any significant variance, but you never know.

Edited by Stretch, 14 December 2011 - 06:48 AM.

#12 slahitou

slahitou

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:33 AM

Thanks everybody for your help!!!

#13 chasm

chasm

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4827
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Can anybody add anything now that there is the club head measurement module available?  I would also have thought that a camera system is more accurate as regards certain measurements, in particular spin rates. Is that the case?

#14 svsvincenzo

svsvincenzo

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149871
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

Bump...

#15 Stretch

Stretch

#golfwrxproblems

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106949
GolfWRX Likes : 227

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:07 AM

View Postchasm, on 08 May 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Can anybody add anything now that there is the club head measurement module available?  I would also have thought that a camera system is more accurate as regards certain measurements, in particular spin rates. Is that the case?
One potentially major advantage of a camera-based system is it can tell you exactly where on the club face you made contact with the ball -- which radar monitors can't.

I have heard that getting accurate club tracking has proved to be much harder than Foresight anticipated, though. We'll see. Their published tolerances for the new unit are:

Posted Image

Edited by Stretch, 18 May 2012 - 05:11 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

iCheech

GolfWRX Sponsors