Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 4 votes

Bourbon


943 replies to this topic

#901 TexasGolfer91

TexasGolfer91

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481148
  • Joined: 09/05/2017
  • Location:Houston, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:35 AM

View PostHilltopper413, on 21 September 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

View PostTexasGolfer91, on 21 September 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

A golf forum with a Bourbon thread. Now this is what I'm talking about.

Has anyone else tried the Maker's Private Select? Picked up a bottle at Total Wine here in Houston about a month ago. 110.3 proof, finished in Maker's 46, Roasted French Mocha, and Toasted French Spice oak finishing staves.

It's delicious, but packs quite a punch. Thinking I will need to save this one for when it cools down some this winter. Wondering if anyone else has seen this or tried it.

Also, I have been drinking Maker's for years now. It's my go to, as my usual drink is an Old Fashioned. Love the smoothness of it. What are some recommendations going into the fall and winter for a nice bourbon to sip neat or with a single cube on the patio as it cools down? Reading previous posts, I have marked down Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Angels Envy so far. Any recommendations?

As a Kentuckian I feel I need to respond, but I always hesitate to make too many suggestions.  I'm never sure what bourbon's are readily available in the shelves in other parts of the country. Luckily, almost everything can be found in and around Louisville as long as you know the right people or are diligent in your search.  Having said that here are a few suggestions that I would think could be found most places (in no particular order):

Michter's American Whiskey
Noah's Mill
Blanton's
Angel's Envy
Elmer T. Lee (may be hard to find)
Four Roses Small Batch
Elijah Craig 12 year (the age Statement may be gone now)
Eagle Rare

Hilltopper, thanks for the suggestions!! Will hit the shop later today and see what I can find!

TM R15 9.5*
King Cobra Baffler 18* 2 Hybrid
King Cobra Baffler 23* 4 Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 16 4-PW
Callaway MD 3 50*,54*,58* - S- Grind
Odyssey O-Works 7s Red 35"
Chrome Soft

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#902 Swoosh-Thud

Swoosh-Thud

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42744
  • Joined: 11/26/2007
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

Anyone know of a Pappy's expert:

I'm trying to date my bottles of 23 yo and Google doesn't cut it. I know 2  were bottled in 2005 labelled "A" bottles. A third bottle just has a number on it, no letter.

Edited by Swoosh-Thud, 23 September 2017 - 04:55 PM.

JBeam ZY-11 10* Basileus Alpha S  / Crazy 435ii 10.5* Basileus AAA X
Tour Issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5* & 18* UST VTS SIlver 7S
Apex Pro Recoil 95 R  //  Steelhead XR Pro Recoil ES 760
Vega VM06 50 - 54 - 58 Shimada W
Slighter Auburn

2

#903 Doc420

Doc420

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19444
  • Joined: 09/14/2006
  • Handicap:lots
GolfWRX Likes : 387

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

View PostSwoosh-Thud, on 22 September 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Anyone know of a Pappy's expert:

I'm trying to date my bottles of 23 yo and Google doesn't cut it. I know 2  were bottled in 2005: A319 and A614. A third bottle just has a number on it #267.
let me know what you are looking for. If the info can be found I could try to help you. I have many connections at buffalo trace.

3

#904 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

    Beef is my spirit animal...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Joined: 06/09/2005
  • Location:Springfield MO
  • Handicap:+0.4
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 470

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

Picked up some Larceny Bourbon over my lunch break today (to try tonight of course).

Any thoughts?  Seems to be pretty highly regarded and wasn't very expensive ($25ish after tax).
Ping G400 8.5* LST - Ping i25 14* - Ping Anser 17* - Adams 9031 23* - Ping I200 5-W - Ping Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - Bobby Grace Let's Face It.  

4

#905 the bishop

the bishop

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439390
  • Joined: 09/03/2016
  • Location:Richmond, TX
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1298

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

View PostJ-Tizzle, on 03 October 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

Picked up some Larceny Bourbon over my lunch break today (to try tonight of course).

Any thoughts?  Seems to be pretty highly regarded and wasn't very expensive ($25ish after tax).
I love Larceny.  Great daily drinker for the $$

Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - UST Proforce V2 hi launch - S
Callaway X-Hot 15* - Project X - S
W/S D100 19*/22* -  Matrix Ozik Altus - S
Dynacraft Prophet MB Forged - FST Pro 125 - S
Maltby MG Tour Grind 52/56/60 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Scotty 5W

5

#906 TexasGolfer91

TexasGolfer91

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481148
  • Joined: 09/05/2017
  • Location:Houston, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

Picked up some Eagle Rare last night at Costco, tried it out and loved it! Solid recommendation all, appreciate it!

Still on the hunt for Blanton's Single Barrel, checked 3 stores in Houston and can't find it anywhere!
TM R15 9.5*
King Cobra Baffler 18* 2 Hybrid
King Cobra Baffler 23* 4 Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 16 4-PW
Callaway MD 3 50*,54*,58* - S- Grind
Odyssey O-Works 7s Red 35"
Chrome Soft

6

#907 ws6

ws6

    Pacific Dunes

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15560
  • Joined: 06/18/2006
  • Location:Seattle and Oregon
GolfWRX Likes : 421

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

Weller Antique 107 is my preferred low cost choice, but it is hard to find.  I like Eagle Rare as my first alternate (so I drink it a lot).

7

#908 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

    Beef is my spirit animal...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Joined: 06/09/2005
  • Location:Springfield MO
  • Handicap:+0.4
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 470

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

View Postws6, on 04 October 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

Weller Antique 107 is my preferred low cost choice, but it is hard to find.  I like Eagle Rare as my first alternate (so I drink it a lot).

I have half a bottle of Antique that I almost refuse to drink just because I know I'll never find anymore, lol.

Eagle Rare is very solid, little more expensive than just WL Wellers, but still great for the price.
Ping G400 8.5* LST - Ping i25 14* - Ping Anser 17* - Adams 9031 23* - Ping I200 5-W - Ping Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - Bobby Grace Let's Face It.  

8

#909 fsusp

fsusp

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95166
  • Joined: 09/25/2009
  • Location:Florida
  • Ebay ID:fsusp
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

Just finished a bottle of Walking Stick. Bought it on a whim. It was quite good.

Worth your time if you like to experiment.


Iím a big fan of John Bowman, Eagle Rare, Basil-Haydenís, and Walking Stick has a similar sweetness.
Titleist 917 D3 w/Rogue Silver extra stiff
TM SLDR 3w w/Fubuki 70 stiff
Titleist 816 H2 w/Diamana extra stiff
United SSB1s. 4-PW. Shimada tour mid stiff.
Vega wedges, 50, 54, 58.
Xenon Cutlass or SGC Norwood or Edel or Dave Curry Big Oak Havana

9

#910 fsusp

fsusp

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95166
  • Joined: 09/25/2009
  • Location:Florida
  • Ebay ID:fsusp
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

View PostHilltopper413, on 21 September 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

View PostTexasGolfer91, on 21 September 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

A golf forum with a Bourbon thread. Now this is what I'm talking about.

Has anyone else tried the Maker's Private Select? Picked up a bottle at Total Wine here in Houston about a month ago. 110.3 proof, finished in Maker's 46, Roasted French Mocha, and Toasted French Spice oak finishing staves.

It's delicious, but packs quite a punch. Thinking I will need to save this one for when it cools down some this winter. Wondering if anyone else has seen this or tried it.

Also, I have been drinking Maker's for years now. It's my go to, as my usual drink is an Old Fashioned. Love the smoothness of it. What are some recommendations going into the fall and winter for a nice bourbon to sip neat or with a single cube on the patio as it cools down? Reading previous posts, I have marked down Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Angels Envy so far. Any recommendations?

As a Kentuckian I feel I need to respond, but I always hesitate to make too many suggestions.  I'm never sure what bourbon's are readily available in the shelves in other parts of the country. Luckily, almost everything can be found in and around Louisville as long as you know the right people or are diligent in your search.  Having said that here are a few suggestions that I would think could be found most places (in no particular order):

Michter's American Whiskey
Noah's Mill
Blanton's
Angel's Envy
Elmer T. Lee (may be hard to find)
Four Roses Small Batch
Elijah Craig 12 year (the age Statement may be gone now)
Eagle Rare

Iíve had all these except Noahís Mill. Iíll have to try it.

Iím sure Iím in the minority, but I was not wowed by Angelís Envy. I donít think Iíd go out of my way to have it again.

I often forget about Michterís. Thanks for the reminder of that one!

Titleist 917 D3 w/Rogue Silver extra stiff
TM SLDR 3w w/Fubuki 70 stiff
Titleist 816 H2 w/Diamana extra stiff
United SSB1s. 4-PW. Shimada tour mid stiff.
Vega wedges, 50, 54, 58.
Xenon Cutlass or SGC Norwood or Edel or Dave Curry Big Oak Havana

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#911 Big Driver

Big Driver

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11750
  • Joined: 02/11/2006
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Ebay ID:corbothegreat
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:26 PM

Love Eagle Rare as my regular drinker, Woodford or Knob Creek every once in a while. Pappy if I'm lucky...

11

#912 1puttTUT

1puttTUT

    Lefty with occasional game

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354761
  • Joined: 12/29/2014
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:4.6
  • Ebay ID:pmtuttle21
GolfWRX Likes : 797

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:19 AM

I have a hard time not buying Basil Hayden's at costco for $39.99 every time I go there. It's become my go-to over the last couple years.
Cobra LTD 11.5D w/ Elements Chrome 6F4
TM M2 16.5* w/ Fujikura Motore F3 80s
Cobra F6 19* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 913H 21* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 915H 24* w/stock garbage shaft
Cobra forged TEC 6-PW w/ KBS Tour 120s
Titleist 714 AP2 GW w/ Nippon Modus3 120s
Titleist Vokey SM4 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
Bettinardi BB2 or SC Newport 2.5

12

#913 Hilltopper413

Hilltopper413

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 289885
  • Joined: 01/02/2014
  • Location:Kentucky
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

View Postfsusp, on 05 October 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

Iíve had all these except Noahís Mill. Iíll have to try it.

Iím sure Iím in the minority, but I was not wowed by Angelís Envy. I donít think Iíd go out of my way to have it again.

I often forget about Michterís. Thanks for the reminder of that one!

I wouldn't necessarily say you're in the minority on Angel's Envy.  It doesn't "wow" me either.  But I've never heard anybody say they flat out didn't like it.  It's a safe recommendation to those looking to branch out a bit.

Out of those listed Michters is near the top if I were to rank them.  Lots of people get confused and by the Michter's "Bourbon", but the American Whiskey is the special stuff.

If I had to rank the ones I listed (cost not a factor) it would probably look like this:

Blanton's
Michter's
Elmer T. Lee
Noah's Mill
Elijah Craig 12 year
Eagle Rare
Angel's Envy
Four Roses Small Batch

The top 3 would definitely make my top 10 favorite bourbons along with several others that are hard to find outside the bluegrass state.

Edited by Hilltopper413, 10 October 2017 - 08:36 PM.


13

#914 1puttTUT

1puttTUT

    Lefty with occasional game

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354761
  • Joined: 12/29/2014
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:4.6
  • Ebay ID:pmtuttle21
GolfWRX Likes : 797

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

View PostHilltopper413, on 10 October 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

View Postfsusp, on 05 October 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

Iíve had all these except Noahís Mill. Iíll have to try it.

Iím sure Iím in the minority, but I was not wowed by Angelís Envy. I donít think Iíd go out of my way to have it again.

I often forget about Michterís. Thanks for the reminder of that one!

I wouldn't necessarily say you're in the minority on Angel's Envy.  It doesn't "wow" me either.  But I've never heard anybody say they flat out didn't like it.  It's a safe recommendation to those looking to branch out a bit.

Out of those listed Michters is near the top if I were to rank them.  Lots of people get confused and by the Michter's "Bourbon", but the American Whiskey is the special stuff.

If I had to rank the ones I listed (cost not a factor) it would probably look like this:

Blanton's
Michter's
Elmer T. Lee
Noah's Mill
Elijah Craig 12 year
Eagle Rare
Angel's Envy
Four Roses Small Batch

The top 3 would definitely make my top 10 favorite bourbons along with several others that are hard to find outside the bluegrass state.

I really like the Michters sour mash when I'm looking to switch things up a bit.
Cobra LTD 11.5D w/ Elements Chrome 6F4
TM M2 16.5* w/ Fujikura Motore F3 80s
Cobra F6 19* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 913H 21* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 915H 24* w/stock garbage shaft
Cobra forged TEC 6-PW w/ KBS Tour 120s
Titleist 714 AP2 GW w/ Nippon Modus3 120s
Titleist Vokey SM4 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
Bettinardi BB2 or SC Newport 2.5

14

#915 ws6

ws6

    Pacific Dunes

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15560
  • Joined: 06/18/2006
  • Location:Seattle and Oregon
GolfWRX Likes : 421

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:53 AM

I managed to score a bottle of Weller Antique 107 in a liquor store in Portland tonight.  I was happier about the 107 than the 4 dozen KSigs I got last week.  First bottle of 107 I have seen in a couple of months, and the store had only one.  


15

#916 TexasGolfer91

TexasGolfer91

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481148
  • Joined: 09/05/2017
  • Location:Houston, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:52 AM

Picked up at Weller Reserve Friday and loved it. Usually a Makers guy but this took the cake for me at a price that was about 2/3 of makers! Also picked up a bottle of Belle Meade to try out. Heard great things but excited to see for myself!
TM R15 9.5*
King Cobra Baffler 18* 2 Hybrid
King Cobra Baffler 23* 4 Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 16 4-PW
Callaway MD 3 50*,54*,58* - S- Grind
Odyssey O-Works 7s Red 35"
Chrome Soft

16

#917 Srixon-Ian

Srixon-Ian

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65937
  • Joined: 09/18/2008
  • Location:Texas
  • Ebay ID:ozfan30
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:47 AM

I managed to get a 1.75L of Weller 107. I was very happy about that. I still have a case of Weller 12 as part of my stash.

17

#918 1puttTUT

1puttTUT

    Lefty with occasional game

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354761
  • Joined: 12/29/2014
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:4.6
  • Ebay ID:pmtuttle21
GolfWRX Likes : 797

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

One of the stores near me has black maple hill rye for $135. Is that a good price? I doubt I will buy it regardless, but I am curious.
Cobra LTD 11.5D w/ Elements Chrome 6F4
TM M2 16.5* w/ Fujikura Motore F3 80s
Cobra F6 19* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 913H 21* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 915H 24* w/stock garbage shaft
Cobra forged TEC 6-PW w/ KBS Tour 120s
Titleist 714 AP2 GW w/ Nippon Modus3 120s
Titleist Vokey SM4 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
Bettinardi BB2 or SC Newport 2.5

18

#919 Hit 'Em Straight

Hit 'Em Straight

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 480284
  • Joined: 08/27/2017
  • Location:South Jersey (Philly Burbs)
  • Handicap:12.9
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:42 PM

For a good value buy, check out the Jim Beam Double Oak.  I imagine Jim Beam is pretty consistent with pricing nationally, and around here it's a modest price increase for a nice step up in quality.  But cheap enough that if it ends up in a Highball that's just fine too.

19

#920 Cspackler6

Cspackler6

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 315063
  • Joined: 05/15/2014
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:16 PM

Hey, was wondering if anyone is willing to help me pick my next bottle. I'm not an expert and haven't tried a ton. With so many options it's hard to choose what to get next. Looking for a good value bottle ($30-$70). Buffalo trace is decent to me and love WT101. It just tastes right to me.  My least favorite is woodford reserve. Considering larceny, blantons, Russell reserve, 4rose SB, or weller12 if I can find it. Always hear good things about these but haven't tried any. Is there some that I should consider before these?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#921 TexasGolfer91

TexasGolfer91

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481148
  • Joined: 09/05/2017
  • Location:Houston, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

View PostCspackler6, on 15 November 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

Hey, was wondering if anyone is willing to help me pick my next bottle. I'm not an expert and haven't tried a ton. With so many options it's hard to choose what to get next. Looking for a good value bottle ($30-$70). Buffalo trace is decent to me and love WT101. It just tastes right to me.  My least favorite is woodford reserve. Considering larceny, blantons, Russell reserve, 4rose SB, or weller12 if I can find it. Always hear good things about these but haven't tried any. Is there some that I should consider before these?

Always enjoyed the Four Roses SB. A great sipping bourbon. Would recommend Walking Stick, which I first tried a few weeks ago, outstanding. Should be in the $45-$50 range.
TM R15 9.5*
King Cobra Baffler 18* 2 Hybrid
King Cobra Baffler 23* 4 Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 16 4-PW
Callaway MD 3 50*,54*,58* - S- Grind
Odyssey O-Works 7s Red 35"
Chrome Soft

21

#922 Cspackler6

Cspackler6

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 315063
  • Joined: 05/15/2014
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll add walking stick to the list. I only get 2-4 bottles a year(1-2 being wt101) so my navigation through the whiskey world is long and slow. Hell, I still have a bottle of Willet PSR from last December I haven't broke into yet.

22

#923 Tim Schoch

Tim Schoch

    Swing like it already happened.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 656 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49536
  • Joined: 02/22/2008
  • Location:Troy, VA
  • Handicap:14
  • Ebay ID:DejaGolf
GolfWRX Likes : 268

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

Jim.
Jack.
Maker's.
Old Forester
God help me, I like the Jim Beam Red Stag.
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
TaylorMade Burner driver 10.5* REAX Reg
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX Reg
TaylorMade Burner 5-wood 18* REAX Reg
Hogan Apex Edge 4-E, SW, LW - Apex Edge 3 Graphite
Ping Pal 4 BeCu or Odyssey 2-Ball Blade putter

23

#924 I.AM.PACO

I.AM.PACO

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444952
  • Joined: 10/27/2016
  • Location:DALLAS TX / SAN DIEGO CA
  • Handicap:1.8
  • Ebay ID:N/A
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

Bought this recently .. OMG !!! it's good

AE1.jpg
WITB
*********************
Driver - COBRA F7+ / Veylix Naked TINI Prototype 75X
3 Wood - COBRA F7 FW / Veylix Ulysses Arcane Proto 85X 8X
4/5 Wood - COBRA Fowler Railer Proto - Xphlexxx Folwer Candy Pistol Pete 85X
Hybrid - COBRA F7 5H / Veylix 988 Rainbow 92X
Utility - COBRA KING Utitlity / Modus 130S
Irons - COBRA KING Forged Tour / Nippon Modus Tour 120S
Wedges - COBRA King 54 / 58 / 62 / Nippon Modus Tour 130S
Putter - CLEVELAND 8.0 2135 35' - Murdered out - Black shaft
Ball - SRIXON XV

Posted ImagePacos_tweet  -  I only follow hot models / cheerleaders / tequila / beer & Abigail Ratchford ... duh ;)

24

#925 Tim Schoch

Tim Schoch

    Swing like it already happened.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 656 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49536
  • Joined: 02/22/2008
  • Location:Troy, VA
  • Handicap:14
  • Ebay ID:DejaGolf
GolfWRX Likes : 268

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:47 PM

Okay, winter is coming and so is the thirst. I'm taking notes, boys and girls. Thanks for the info.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
TaylorMade Burner driver 10.5* REAX Reg
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX Reg
TaylorMade Burner 5-wood 18* REAX Reg
Hogan Apex Edge 4-E, SW, LW - Apex Edge 3 Graphite
Ping Pal 4 BeCu or Odyssey 2-Ball Blade putter

25

#926 Kyle M

Kyle M

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33100
  • Joined: 06/27/2007
  • Location:Western New York
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Iíve been a blantons guy since around 2004. To me itís just right.

26

#927 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

    Beef is my spirit animal...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Joined: 06/09/2005
  • Location:Springfield MO
  • Handicap:+0.4
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 470

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:36 AM

View PostKyle M, on 18 November 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

I've been a blantons guy since around 2004. To me it's just right.

Haven't been whiskey shoppin in a while.  I know Wellers was impossible to find for a while, same with Blantons.  I'd like to give Blantons a try once I can find a bottle.
Ping G400 8.5* LST - Ping i25 14* - Ping Anser 17* - Adams 9031 23* - Ping I200 5-W - Ping Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - Bobby Grace Let's Face It.  

27

#928 68bronco

68bronco

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438600
  • Joined: 08/28/2016
  • Location:Raleigh
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

*Thread revival*
My home bar currently has the following bottles:

1.  Blantonís x 3 1/5.  2 are unopened.
2.  Willett PSR. - I scored a handle!   Unopened.  
3.  EH Taylor Small Batch x 2.  1/5 is unopened.
4.  EH Taylor Rye.  Unopened.  
5.  Weller Antique
6.  Barterhouse OB 20 yo.  Unopened.
7.  Buffalo Trace.  Handle.  
8.  Elijah Craig SB x 2.  No age statement.  2 are unopened.
9.  Old Forrester Prohibition.

Desperately seeking:  more Wellers, Elmer T Lee, Stagg, more Willett.

Has anyone sampled the EH Taylor Single Barrel?  If so, is it better than the Small Batch?  I realize it is about $20 more expensive but still wondering if I should purchase.

28

#929 HackerDave

HackerDave

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57404
  • Joined: 06/06/2008
  • Location:Michigan & Hilton Head SC
  • Handicap:11.6
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:21 PM

I just picked up a bottle of EH Taylor small batch.  They had a bottle of the single barrel and the more expensive Rye.  I could pick one and being cheap, I went with the small batch, which I have enjoyed before.

My cabinet currently has EH Taylor, Blantons, Woodford Reserve, Makers Mark,  Angels Envy, Four Roses Single Barrel and Eagle Rare, which is my go "house" bourbon.

29

#930 TexasGolfer91

TexasGolfer91

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481148
  • Joined: 09/05/2017
  • Location:Houston, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:24 PM

Has anyone tried Belle Meade? Guy at the store recommended it the other day and I have it at home now, but haven't cracked it open to try it

TM R15 9.5*
King Cobra Baffler 18* 2 Hybrid
King Cobra Baffler 23* 4 Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 16 4-PW
Callaway MD 3 50*,54*,58* - S- Grind
Odyssey O-Works 7s Red 35"
Chrome Soft

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors