Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

New frontpage and news section. Do you like it?

55 replies to this topic

#31 future dvm

future dvm

C.T.I.D

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118576
  • Ebay ID:teeingoff17
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

I really like the frontpage, and actually really like the new forum layout.  Would love to see the tweaks before they happen, but I'm sure you guys will do an amazing job.  Thanks so much!  You guys rock :clapping:

Tour Issue Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5
Adams Super LS 13 FW, Super LS 15 HB
Adams Super 9031 16, 20, 23, DHY 27
Cleveland TT 7-PW
Cobra Trusty Rusty 51, 55
Ping Karsten 1959 Zing

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56190
GolfWRX Likes : 511

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:47 AM

I severely dislike it, to the point I'm stunned anyone could think it's an improvement. Like others, I bookmark directly to the forums and the switch to black is exactly as others have described -- cold and corporate and straining to the eyes.

Initially I hoped it was a short term glitch or a problem with my computer. Second visit, nope, they tinkered for no reason. At least it isn't as bad as Sand Trap's alteration a couple of years ago, which all but ended my participation on that site.

I post on plenty of college football sites. The current obsession among young fans is to force black into the color scheme at virtually every school. They want to drive to the games in their black cars while wearing black jerseys. When someone voices disagreement they are shocked and dismiss it as old timer stale nonsense. Frankly, once I grasped that this change was intentional and not a glitch, my next thought was Golfwrx and Golf Digest are caving in to that crowd and mindset.

I hope I'm wrong, and it was merely short term inept handicapping, easily excused upon correction, a color scheme mulligan.

#33 easyyy

easyyy

Founder & Still a Ho

• Rules Official
  • 10,606 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 1860

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

View PostAwsi Dooger, on 06 December 2011 - 02:47 AM, said:

I severely dislike it, to the point I'm stunned anyone could think it's an improvement. Like others, I bookmark directly to the forums and the switch to black is exactly as others have described -- cold and corporate and straining to the eyes.

Initially I hoped it was a short term glitch or a problem with my computer. Second visit, nope, they tinkered for no reason. At least it isn't as bad as Sand Trap's alteration a couple of years ago, which all but ended my participation on that site.

I post on plenty of college football sites. The current obsession among young fans is to force black into the color scheme at virtually every school. They want to drive to the games in their black cars while wearing black jerseys. When someone voices disagreement they are shocked and dismiss it as old timer stale nonsense. Frankly, once I grasped that this change was intentional and not a glitch, my next thought was Golfwrx and Golf Digest are caving in to that crowd and mindset.

I hope I'm wrong, and it was merely short term inept handicapping, easily excused upon correction, a color scheme mulligan.

I love the conspiricy theory that some have suggested. That we caved to Digest. They had no influence of input into the design. It was to be honest myself and a small team of rouge developers in the offices here in Detroit and Arizona. We had two looks and asked a panel of the mods to comment on which one and they all liked this over the old one. Th poll was a 100% for the frontpage over the old. I liked the version 2 that you can't see but they didn't. They meaning mods. Mods.... are guys like you. Members turned mods.

Not corporate. Not the man. Not Digest or any other. Just us Golf Ho's doin what we do. :)

On a personal not I have worked tireless on this for the last month. I think I have logged 160 hours into it, so I am totally bias. I do love it. I mean that. I benchmarked more sites and looked at a lot of the newer up and comers and believe this is the coolest look we could have put forward. We will be tweaking over the winter to try to "knock your socks off".

We aim to inspire and set the trend. I guess in this situation you can't please all the people all the time. I will do it right however and impress.

Richard

in WRX we TRUST
richard@golfwrx.com

#34 joekelli

joekelli

A member of the exclusive "Kingdom 14"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63983
  • Ebay ID:joekelli300
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

Like the front page but do not like the black in the forums. Also would like to see larger pictures of the items in the store.

#35 Lecoqchateau

Lecoqchateau

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113666
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

I think there is some layout issues here.

My PC runs on Window XP Pro with Firefox 8.0

Front page looks fine but forum page layout is off.

Here is screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails

• forumpage.JPG

#36 darkhelmet

darkhelmet

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128147
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

Could use some more color.  B&W is a bit drab.

Also, the sign-in box seems to overlap the tabs at the top of the screen.  It's fine once I'm signed in, but when I'm being prompted for sign-in information, the box extends down into the tabs.

#37 Boogaloo_Jones

Boogaloo_Jones

I hit stingers with my putter...

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83989
  • Handicap:17.1
GolfWRX Likes : 791

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:50 AM

View Poststage1350, on 05 December 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

There's a front page?  My bookmark goes straight to the forums.

Wait, there's a forum....my homepage is the bst...smh.

But the layout looks great!  Looks very refined, simpler, and classic.  I'm also used to the menu/toolbar being on the right but now its on the left, its just something I have to get used to.

Great job by the WRX staff!  :)
Cobra BioCell Pro/ Kiyoshi White
Ping G25 4w
Cobra Bio Cell 3h
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro-Aerotech stiff
Slighter Redmond Custom

#38 Skaffa77

Skaffa77

Dismal River. There's nothing dismal about it!

• 6,211 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23067
  • Ebay ID:Skaffa77
GolfWRX Likes : 363

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

I noticed it immediately and I guess I'm a person who likes simple layouts without the need for a rainbow of colors to garner attention.  Personally, I like the B&W look...very sharp and very clean looking.   As far as the home page, I typically bypass it, but think it's a lot more attractive than the endless links that we had on the previous layout.

Sadly Richard, you will not make everyone happy, but I think overall it seems to be well received.

#39 TheBoomer

TheBoomer

Major Winner

• 2,140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67458
GolfWRX Likes : 237

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

View PostTopspin2, on 05 December 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

Love Golfwrx - BUT to be honest - too corporate! Was this look "sold in" to a Golf Digest board meeting? The attraction of GolfWrx has always been the underground nature of the beast. Slightly ahead of the rest of the field. Now it looks like every other website that carries ads for anything and everything. Pix are too small to garner interest - the ad for Aetna Medicare (Aetna Medicare?) is 4 times the size of the teaser story pix. I have to scroll halfway to China to get to real Golfwrx-type stealth stories, buzz and the like.

IMHO, it's a sell-out. Golf Digest probably said how can we be more hip and cool and so bought into GolfWrx. Why else do we have Ben Hogan's Timeless Tips in the home page? How about "DJ shows you how to pound it 320+"? And hey, I can't blame the guys at Golfwrx who've been grinding all these years providing us with a fabulous forum while they've probably been eating peanut butter sandwiches.

On the "look" side - C'MON MAN! I have an HDTV and a 24" monitor, so I want SPLASH! However, the site now looks like it'll display correctly on grandpa's old 15" CRT Dell.

I'm tellin' ya - this is new Coke and I don't like it!

You have no idea how far off you are !!!!!
This site was not made to become a cash machine and its not being ran like one either.

MB
TESTING
WITB Link

#40 DallasPanic

DallasPanic

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20278
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

Looks great, nice work guys!!!

Titleist 913 D3 9.5* Oban Devotion 6/05
Titleist 913fd 15* UST VTS TourSPX Red7
Bridgestone J40 18* Diamana 'Ahina X
Bridgestone J40 4-W KBS C-Taper
Miura MB-5002 48* DG S400
Miura Wedge Series 55* & 59* DG S400

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#41 swa

swa

• Rules Official
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91609

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

doh, Posted Image  thanks for pointing this out.  we're working on it now...

View Postdarkhelmet, on 06 December 2011 - 09:41 AM, said:

Could use some more color.  B&W is a bit drab.

Also, the sign-in box seems to overlap the tabs at the top of the screen.  It's fine once I'm signed in, but when I'm being prompted for sign-in information, the box extends down into the tabs.

if I lived . I would be ~ by now

#42 mtomaro09

mtomaro09

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136089
  • Ebay ID:tomarogolf
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

Nice work.  I see the store is finally up and running.  I am assuming that the towels wil be in shortly.  Look forward to getting one.  As far as the complainers go, it will all be second nature after a week or so.  All the changes appear to be cosmetic and you can still do everything you could before with a few added features.  I like the changes and will continue to spend 23.5 hours a day on here!!!

Edited by mtomaro09, 06 December 2011 - 01:53 PM.

#43 Asleep

Asleep

• Marshals
  • 8,473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

View Postswa, on 06 December 2011 - 01:03 PM, said:

New frontpage and news section.
Nice work, Aaron.  :clapping:
Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.

#44 easyyy

easyyy

Founder & Still a Ho

• Rules Official
  • 10,606 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 1860

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

View Postfuture dvm, on 06 December 2011 - 12:23 AM, said:

I really like the frontpage, and actually really like the new forum layout.  Would love to see the tweaks before they happen, but I'm sure you guys will do an amazing job.  Thanks so much!  You guys rock :clapping:

Thank you. I have thin skin even though I need to hear the bad opinions also. Even that jerk above tha said I sold out. I actually listened and added my favorite teaching video from Sevan. I found that here.

To fill in the Instruction content enough to go live I went to our partner Golf Digest and search for the best editorial instruction content I could find. Posted that.

View Postjoekelli, on 06 December 2011 - 08:14 AM, said:

Like the front page but do not like the black in the forums. Also would like to see larger pictures of the items in the store.

I would like the pics larger also. Our developer can "make it rain"... so I am sure he is reading this.

in WRX we TRUST
richard@golfwrx.com

#45 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Hall of Fame

• 6,593 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 584

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

View Posteasyyy, on 06 December 2011 - 12:10 AM, said:

frontpage is for the newbies I guess. I don't go there either. Many do though. We get a lot of traffic there. In a few months the forums will have a few tweaks to. This skin is only temporary.

Richard

Yeah, I think Stage and I are kinda old school, BTW I think the changes look great!  Seriously.

Titleist 910 10.5
Nike Covert 3 wood,Ping I20 5 wood
Titleist 910 H 21*
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 4-P
SC Bullseye Flange
Miura 53* Y grind, SM2 58.12

#46 the4hornes

the4hornes

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12692
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

I like, I love it, I want some more of it!

#47 swa

swa

• Rules Official
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

View Posteasyyy, on 06 December 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

I would like the pics larger also. Our developer can "make it rain"... so I am sure he is reading this.

expect larger pictures of the swag in the store sometime this weekend

7522774-rain-computer-key.jpg

#48 dpark

dpark

5 and counting

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3344
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:12 AM

Like others have said, many of us who have been here awhile bookmark directly into the forums. I rarely if ever go to the homepage.

On the forums, the change doesn't mean much to me. I am a member at a bunch of different sites, many non-golf related. They all navigate pretty much the same to me. Kinda like rental cars, I can pretty much get into any car and get going and figure out the little stuff (windshield wipers, cruise control, side-view mirrors) at the first stop light I am at.

As long I can can quickly get to "replies to my posts", "new posts since last visit", and mark all forums as read and have decent search capabilities, I really could care less about colors.
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver
1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood
1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1978 Ben Hogan Pennyback Medallions 2-E
1980 Ben Hogan Special SI Sand Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

#49 QEight

QEight

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129410
  • Handicap:15,4
GolfWRX Likes : 157

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:40 AM

View PostAwsi Dooger, on 06 December 2011 - 02:47 AM, said:

Initially I hoped it was a short term glitch or a problem with my computer. Second visit, nope, they tinkered for no reason.

Exactly my thoughts. The chosen font in capital letters is very bad to read. The pull down menus do not need capital letters. And they do work slow the first time (Chrome).
Titleist 950R
Titleist 910f 3W
Titleist 735cm
Vokey wedges
Odyssey Tri-Ball SRT

#50 Riuzzi

Riuzzi

Kwok'd!

• Marshals
  • 2,377 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1065
  • Handicap:7

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

Thanks for all of the comments guys! As easyyy has already stated a couple of times in this thread, this skin is only temporary.

Skærmbillede 2011-12-07 kl. 14.03.13.png

Aaron, I'm not sure if this is a problem on my end, but this looks a little off. I have to scroll right to see the "advanced search" button.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#51 Outlier

Outlier

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105230
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:55 AM

My only initial suggestion was that the new deal is too much WHITE;  however reading this all I can say is...."What he said".

Love Golfwrx - BUT to be honest - too corporate! Was this look "sold in" to a Golf Digest board meeting? The attraction of GolfWrx has always been the underground nature of the beast. Slightly ahead of the rest of the field. Now it looks like every other website that carries ads for anything and everything. Pix are too small to garner interest - the ad for Aetna Medicare (Aetna Medicare?) is 4 times the size of the teaser story pix. I have to scroll halfway to China to get to real Golfwrx-type stealth stories, buzz and the like.

IMHO, it's a sell-out. Golf Digest probably said how can we be more hip and cool and so bought into GolfWrx. Why else do we have Ben Hogan's Timeless Tips in the home page? How about "DJ shows you how to pound it 320+"? And hey, I can't blame the guys at Golfwrx who've been grinding all these years providing us with a fabulous forum while they've probably been eating peanut butter sandwiches.

On the "look" side - C'MON MAN! I have an HDTV and a 24" monitor, so I want SPLASH! However, the site now looks like it'll display correctly on grandpa's old 15" CRT Dell.

#52 Outlier

Outlier

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105230
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

EASY -please don't call me a jerk too Posted Image

View PostOutlier, on 07 December 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

My only initial suggestion was that the new deal is too much WHITE;  however reading this all I can say is...."What he said".

#53 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Hall of Fame

• 9,316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 2397

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

I like the new look and think it is a refreshing upgrade.

I have been having one problem. When I get a new message- the notification near my username doesn’t load correctly and the number "1" is out of place. Plus the message does not pop up on the top portion of the page. Not sure if you guys are aware of this.

Keep up the good work!:welcomeani:

#54 DLiver

DLiver

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55921
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

I think the changes are excellent. In general, I think you guys keep working hard to improve the site. In fact I think you do a better job of continually adding usable features than any other forum I've visited. Kudos.

#55 stage1350

stage1350

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,621 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 664
  • Location:5 stars, 5 diamonds, 28 tables, 600 slots. Life is good...
  • Ebay ID:stage1350
GolfWRX Likes : 1250

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

One thing that I'd like to suggest is the removal of the automatic dropdown menus of "Home, News, Equipment", etc.  It blocks the command buttons below it.  One click or right click to drop down would be nicer.

Tour Issue SLDR 430 9°w/ Oban Devotion 8
X-Hot Pro 3Deep 13° w/ Project X-10A2
Tour Issue 585.H 17° w/ Diamana Thump X
Mizuno MP-63 3-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 TX
Vokey SM-5 54°M and 60°M w/ DG Tour X7
Bettinardi Solid Copper BB2 RJB1982

#56 swa

swa

• Rules Official
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

larger pictures have reached the store: http://outfitted.golfwrx.com

when viewing a product's page, you can click on the featured image to pop a new window with large versions of all the pictures...

View Postswa, on 06 December 2011 - 09:30 PM, said:

View Posteasyyy, on 06 December 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

expect larger pictures of the swag in the store sometime this weekend

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors