Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Footjoy Sport or Superlites?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Footjoy Sport or Superlites? (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Footjoy Sport or Superlites?

1. Sport (34 votes [72.34%])

Percentage of vote: 72.34%

2. Superlites (13 votes [27.66%])

Percentage of vote: 27.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OK_Golf

OK_Golf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59380
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

I tell myself I'm a walker, but I ride at least as much as I walk.  Either way, I want comfort for walking, durability and good traction, both wet and dry.

Interesting to hear everyone's opinion.

Thanks Wrx.

Edited by OK_Golf, 18 November 2011 - 04:07 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 BMC

BMC

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108173
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 314

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

Superlites are great walking shoes.  Have two pairs.
Titleist 907D2
Ping Rapture V1 3 wood
'91 MacGregor VIP 3-SW
TM Monte Carlo 7 putter

#3 oscarpepper

oscarpepper

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117152
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

Find some icons on sale or dryjoy tours on sale.

#4 rhyno18

rhyno18

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132138
  • Ebay ID:rhyno18
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

I have a pair of the Superlites that I've had for about 18 months or so now, and they've been great.  I don't have any experience with the Sports.

#5 OK_Golf

OK_Golf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59380

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

Thanks Wrxers.

Are the FJ sports what Adam Scott wears?  Just curios, doesn't really make or break a decision.

oscarpepper, thanks for the input, but regarding ICONs I'm a pretty casual dresser and from a comfort standpoint I've heard the ICONs are not anything special.  I have heard the dryjoys tours are great once you break them in, so that may be an option.

Thanks for the input rhyno18 and BMC.

Any other input?

#6 sgniwder99

sgniwder99

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107399
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

I've got both, and I'd have to say that the Sports, once broken in, are far more comfortable shoes--to me, anyway.

I did exactly what you did, which was get two pair (one black, one white) when they went on closeout for about $70. I'd noticed that a lot of PGA and Euro Tour players wear them--including Adam Scott, yes (as well as McIlroy, Manassero, Watney, and several others)--and thought that was a pretty good deal on a shoe that is apparently considered good enough for competitive use by some of the best in the world. But after I got them I wasn't sure I really liked them. They felt awfully stiff out of the box. After a few rounds with them, though, I came to really like them, and now I pretty much wear them every time I play. They're still somewhat firm, but they feel very stable and supportive.

The Superlites, by contrast, feel really nice right out of the box, but as I've worn them more I've gotten to feel like there's not nearly as much heel stability or support in them, and they are actually kind of uncomfortable if I wear them to walk a full 18--almost as if I had been wearing a pair of loafers that have no heel support at all. Kind of hard to describe, and perhaps not everyone has experienced the same thing. But that's my .02 about both shoes.
Nike VR Limited 9.5 (A'hina S)
Ping Rapture v1 14, TEE CB4 16.5 (RIP S)
Titleist 910H 19 (A'hina S)
Adams CMB 4, MB2 5-9 (CTaper S)
Odyssey Black Series #5
Mizuno MP-T Series 47, 53, 58 (CTaper S)

#7 TigaTigaWoodsYall

TigaTigaWoodsYall

Master of the Shank

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141961
  • Ebay ID:Walkerl0717
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

The new fj sports are my favorite looking shoes, I wish I had a pair. Tried em on, they were really comfortable, but I'll stick with my cell fusions until I need a new pair. And yes Adam Scott rocks em, they make your feet look smaller too IMO

#8 RickKimbrell

RickKimbrell

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85054
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

I didn't vote because I bought a pair of each this year on sale.  Both are comfortable, both wear good.

#9 Spumoni

Spumoni

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9539
  • Ebay ID:kkjsoccer
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

I just got a pair of the superlites. Very comfortable.  For me they ran a 1/2 size too big.

#10 henricogolfer

henricogolfer

My ball went where?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134412
  • Ebay ID:henricogolfer
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

I have both, both are great. Supertitles better out of the both for walking comfort. Sports a better overall shoe, but took longer to break in. You can not go wrong with either.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 The Duck

The Duck

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34420
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

Two pairs of Superlights.

all my rounds are walking.   ~60+ a year
Great on the feet for walking or jogging during the round.
Wear out faster than higher $$ shoes but at the $60 price I can live with it.

I have to be careful with shoes due to high arch usually use $30 insoles to replace the Crap from the OEM.

Dryjoys and WetJoys are too roomy to use even with an insole.

#12 mr_duffer

mr_duffer

Brimmer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1889
  • Handicap:2.6
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

I have Superlites and have been very pleased with them.
913 D3, 9.5* Diamana S+ 62S
RBZ 15* Tour Issue, Diamana D+ 72S
RBZ 18* T.I. RUL 70 , 22* Rescue 904HB
2013 X Forged 5-PW, PXi 5.5
XG 7
Mack Daddy's 54*TG, 58*TG, PXi 5.5

#13 JoEY C

JoEY C

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128099
  • Ebay ID:Joey_c80

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Have the sports and dont like em that much. Not very comfortable. Sorry cant help u on the superlites

#14 ReidStylez

ReidStylez

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139646
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

I love my superlites. First pair of golf shoes but honestly it took me till the back 9 of my first round in them to realize I was actually in golf shoes they were that comfy!

#15 Green Valley

Green Valley

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106187
  • Ebay ID:tlaureto
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

View Postoscarpepper, on 19 November 2011 - 09:09 AM, said:

Find some icons on sale or dryjoy tours on sale.

Where are the sale at for these shoes?

#16 lukesmurf59

lukesmurf59

Look at me, look at me... WHA-PANG!! LET'S GO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122208
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Of those two, the sports are far more stable, comfortable, supportive and better looking.  (Well, looks are just personal preference)  I would also recommend the Synr-G, I just bought a pair at my local golf show and really like them.  The sports are the most comfortable FJ shoes, fit like a nice dependable sneaker, just a fraction comfier than Synr-G.  I really didn't care for the superlites as they didn't give me enough stability.  Most sports can be had for $60 now, the superlites are also cheap but I think the Sports a much better shoe and value.  My Synr-G cost $79 (over $100 off baby!) at the show which was of course having sales but most big stores have them for like $100.  Ebay might have them for cheaper.
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT 60S
Titleist 913f 13.5 Diamana S+ 72 S
Callaway Razr X Tour 18 Fubuki AX 400h X
Callaway X Utility Prototype 18 PXi 6.0
Callaway TA X Prototype PX Flighted 6.0
Odyssey Metal X #7 Arm Lock

#17 lukesmurf59

lukesmurf59

Look at me, look at me... WHA-PANG!! LET'S GO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122208
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

The cheapest I've seen icons was about $100 on ebay and I would strongly suggest staying away from the Dry Joys Tour.  They fit like a wooden clog. Myself, about a dozen sellers and some other friends agree that they just seem to fit funny.  For the record, I know one seller who said he can hardly sell them and FJ doesn't like that everyone on tour is wearing the $120 shoes rather than these or the $250 icons.  The only guy on tour I can think of that wears the Dry Joys is Ben Crane, or at least, he's the one in all their adds for that shoe.  He must have some messed up feet.
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT 60S
Titleist 913f 13.5 Diamana S+ 72 S
Callaway Razr X Tour 18 Fubuki AX 400h X
Callaway X Utility Prototype 18 PXi 6.0
Callaway TA X Prototype PX Flighted 6.0
Odyssey Metal X #7 Arm Lock

#18 DriveIt"N"3Putt

DriveIt"N"3Putt

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63932
  • Ebay ID:ckmarty
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

I couldn't handle how the synrg felt when walking, the heel kept lifting up. I have a pair of superlites and just got today a pair of sports. I like the superlites but they don't stay dry very well. The sports are more comfortable and more stable than the superlites.  I would have went with the dry joy tours, but the styling of the new ones I just don't like.

#19 Onyx Z

Onyx Z

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129053
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

i just got last years blue/white FJ sports on sale at budgetgolf.com

for the price, you really cant beat them! and theyre really comfortable for a golf shoe.

btw, they ran small for me. i typically wear an 11.5 or 12 in Nike, but got an 11 and they fit just right.

#20 mozgolf

mozgolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29434
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

View Postmysterymanmarty, on 19 March 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

I couldn't handle how the synrg felt when walking, the heel kept lifting up. I have a pair of superlites and just got today a pair of sports. I like the superlites but they don't stay dry very well. The sports are more comfortable and more stable than the superlites.  I would have went with the dry joy tours, but the styling of the new ones I just don't like.

Same problem with the SYNR-G great looking shoe, well made, tones of lateral support when swinging, but heel lift is just ridiculous from a higher end shoe from a/ the biggest golf footwear manufacturer. You have to be very careful with sizing to get a good fit

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 IsleOfMan

IsleOfMan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138830

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Are we talking the saddle-style Superlites?  Or the more modern looking ones similar to the "Street" that have been on closeout for about a year now?  I have the latter and they are quite narrow... this is one of the main reasons I bought them as I don't care for "traditional" golf shoes with their puffy leather and wide/flat lowers.  They have required some breaking in to really feel flexible enough to walk in.  My main complaint is the included laces are too short for me to tie them appropriately for my foot (a pretty standard 10.5m), but once the laces were replaced with some longer ones they've been great.  They always feel a bit tight when I first put them on but that's gone by the time I've warmed up (15-20 min on the range).

#22 The Duck

The Duck

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34420
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostOK_Golf, on 18 November 2011 - 04:07 PM, said:

I tell myself I'm a walker, but I ride at least as much as I walk.  Either way, I want comfort for walking, durability and good traction, both wet and dry.

Interesting to hear everyone's opinion.

Thanks Wrx.

Had  both,  the  superlites  just  squeezed  my toes and   only  last  6months of  walking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors