Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

New Nike Vapor X Bag!

34 replies to this topic

#1 rlheiman

rlheiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11035
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

I just got this today in the mail.  I really excited to see how it works on the course, but initially it looks really good and is super light.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Falcon36

Falcon36

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125937
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

Nice :clapping:

Does it come in black?

#3 rlheiman

rlheiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

View PostFalcon36, on 03 November 2011 - 12:43 PM, said:

Nice :clapping:

Does it come in black?

Yes there is a black version, and a couple of other really bright colors: blue, orange, pink and grey/lime.

#4 moonshine

moonshine

The Trace!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31690
  • Ebay ID:chasj_r1
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:58 PM

Waterproof pocket? Nice looking!

#5 visiondr

visiondr

Rookie

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136262
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

Nice, I've heard these were coming out.How many full-length dividers?... it's hard to tell from the photo.

#6 iGolfism

iGolfism

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 145525

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

Looking forward to your opinion... my previous Nike X-treme Element stand bag was sold off for two reasons-
1. no putter slot (which the new Nike Vapor X clearly has from your pictures)
&
2. the grip end of my irons often tangled inside the bottom of the bag... if you could let me know if this still happens I would be most grateful.

regardless congrats on a gorgeous bag.Posted Image

#7 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 9,293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 2374

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

This is the exact bag that I will probably buy to replace my 4 under. Nike was able to make a true carry bag with all the bells and whistles. The elastic type fabric of the pockets is awesome.

#8 GatorNate11

GatorNate11

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117979
  • Ebay ID:gatornate5
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

Give me the orange! :partytime2:

#9 misterlau

misterlau

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113603
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:19 AM

View Postvisiondr, on 03 November 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

Nice, I've heard these were coming out.How many full-length dividers?... it's hard to tell from the photo.

I'm interested in how many full lengths as well.
What's your initial impression of the straps and stand mechanism?

The bag actually looks really good, I just wish it had a top handle like the SM3.5 or Ogio bags. Maybe we've just been spoiled, but I'm surprised that not all stand bags have this feature by now. Something so simple yet so damn functional.

#10 misterlau

misterlau

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113603
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

Ugh, I just looked it up on Nike's site and disappointed myself.

The 5-way top has only 2 full length dividers, so it's got to be the two lower horizontal dividers. So really only 3 fully separated compartments, and the putter well isn't really fully divided off.

Those expandable stretch pockets are a pretty cool idea though.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 rlheiman

rlheiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

yep, only 2 full length dividers. I would have liked to see a few more, especially the putter section.

It did work pretty well out on the course.

The pockets are really nice and very functional.  Lightweight, well balanced and great colors.

Leg mechanisms are initially stiff but seem to be loosing up a little.

#12 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Hall of Fame

• 9,293 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

View Postrlheiman, on 07 November 2011 - 11:12 AM, said:

yep, only 2 full length dividers. I would have liked to see a few more, especially the putter section.

It did work pretty well out on the course.

The pockets are really nice and very functional.  Lightweight, well balanced and great colors.

Leg mechanisms are initially stiff but seem to be loosing up a little.
Do the grips get tangled like the Ping 4 Under?

#13 rlheiman

rlheiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

Yes the grip do bind a little, but not that bad.  My other bags have grips binding together too so not really much difference just that this bag is much lighter and some really nice details, like the stretch material pockets, the waterproof valuables pocket, and comfortable shoulder straps.

#14 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Hall of Fame

• 9,293 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:32 PM

View Postrlheiman, on 08 November 2011 - 03:14 PM, said:

Yes the grip do bind a little, but not that bad.  My other bags have grips binding together too so not really much difference just that this bag is much lighter and some really nice details, like the stretch material pockets, the waterproof valuables pocket, and comfortable shoulder straps.
Thx-

#15 iGolfism

iGolfism

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Any chance of a pic with the bag fully loaded with your lay out? thanks.

#16 rlheiman

rlheiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

Here is a basic pic of my set up.
Posted Image

I tried to get one looking down the putter well area, not the best pic but I tried.
Posted Image

#17 kitsoasis

kitsoasis

fried chicken

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38807
  • Ebay ID:kitsoasis
GolfWRX Likes : 150

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hot pink stand bag!

That's got kitsoasis written all over it

#18 iGolfism

iGolfism

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Thanks for pioneering and the very Posted Image. much appreciated.  Posted Imageand their members, come through again for the rest of us. cheers.

#19 averagejoe

averagejoe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92163

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:55 AM

Thanks for the pics. I just saw the orange one at my local RogerDunn and it looks even better in person. I will definitely be looking to get one of these in the near future.

Wondered if anyone had any more insight into something I read online, " The seam-welded, no-stitch technology enhances water-resistancy for playing in the elements"
Does that mean that the entire bag is waterproof?

Here's the entire presser from Nike on the bag.

Nike Golf is introducing its lightest golf bag ever, the Nike Vapor X. Weighing in at less than four pounds, the Nike Vapor X weighs one pound less than the average carry bag.

Possessing a sleek, sporty look, the Nike Vapor X was created by using minimal materials to provide a lightweight design. With Nike's new lightweight golf bag, golfers will experience more stamina and less fatigue during their round through the benefit of carrying less weight on their back.

Available at retail on November 1, 2011, the new Nike Vapor X golf bag features new, ergonomically designed strap system with therenowned Nike Max Airô curved technology. This new strap system combined with several other innovative features promises to enhance the playing experience by elevating performance and maximizing functionality.

While compact in size, the Nike Vapor X offers six functional pockets that provide a generous amount of storage space. The seam-welded, no-stitch technology enhances water-resistancy for playing in the elements, and the waterproof fleece-lined valuables pocket provides a safe location for cell phone and other valuables during the round. The Stretch-fit pockets of the Nike Vapor X have been created with dynamic expandable technology, allowing for increased storage capacity.

A versatile bag that is designed for walking the course, the Nike Vapor X offers many functions, including a 5-way divider and putter-well configuration for 14 clubs. So the golfer can easily find items in their bag, the Nike Vapor X provides intuitive icons for the waterproof pocket, glove patch, GPS/rangefinder loop, pen-sleeve and insulated water-bottle sleeve.

Known for incorporating "Nike AIR" technology in its footwear products, Nike Golf is now applying this same technology to the shoulder straps of its golf bags. The Nike Vapor X features new Nike Max Airô Curved carry straps, a dual-strap design designed through extensive consumer insights and developed with Nike AIR technology. By curving the air bag within the strap, Nike Golf designers have created a golf bag that more ergonomically fits the shoulders. The die-cut mesh back pad has a new, tighter pattern, allowing for ventilation. These two features combine to provide superior support and optimum comfort while walking 18 holes.
Offered in seven color-ways, the Vapor X complements many of the upcoming men and women's apparel and footwear lines for the 2012 season.

#20 averagejoe

averagejoe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:10 AM

So I ended up picking up the orange and have only had a chance to take it out to the range.

Weight wise it's awesome. The binding of the grips is something I'm not too thrilled about. I ended up switching around the configuration and thin I may have found one that works to my liking. I'll have to post pics when I get a chance.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 Golfjunki71

Golfjunki71

LEDLIYLBSIWB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,413 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2196
GolfWRX Likes : 1055

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

Just got mine. Lightweight and no club tangling. Nice bag
Sldr White
3w
Titleist 913H 17 Fubuki
Titleist AP2714
Titleist Vokey 54M 60S Indigo
Newport Select 2014

#22 driverwedge3putt

driverwedge3putt

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71845
GolfWRX Likes : 157

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

any more reviews? looks awesome
913D2 Tour AD DI 6
SLDR Mini 16 Tour AD DI 7
Titleist AP2 714 3-PW PXI 6.0
Vokey SM5 52F 56S 60S Tour Issue S400
Scotty SquareBack

#23 averagejoe

averagejoe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

View PostGolfjunki71, on 25 November 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

Just got mine. Lightweight and no club tangling. Nice bag

Could you post pics of your set-up?

I LOVE this bag but the one problem I do have is club tangling.

#24 Timbo22

Timbo22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143995
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

Hi all,

Got an orange nike vapor x bag yesterday. Previous bag was a 10 year old taylormade r7.

First impression, material seemed a bit cheap. Not many pockets. Smaller than the r7 with less finish. Materials on r7 lot more solid, full length 5 way dividers, more pockets. So at first along with the colour (its really bright!!!) I was thinking 'what have i done'

To  answer my own points, after 29 holes:

Material - its not cheap, its just light! I was shocked how much lighter this bag was, I could honestly barely feel it. The strapping system is excellent

Pockets - fits everything. It is small, but its also very light so this was a happy trade off. I don't carry much, two sleeves, couple of scrubbers, tees, markers, notebook, cereal bars, a snood, couple of other bits and bobs. But i just got it all in. Just.

2 way dividers - only once did i experience grip tangle on the round, and thats happened with the r7 bag. Its no biggie. I slide my clubs in reaaaaaaaaaaaaaal slow anyway after a good clean anyway (mental issues) so its not an issue

Colour - I like it!

Overall I'm really happy. Its sooooo lightweight and comfortable. Its a great bag. Functional, lightweight. I think Nike  have done a great job. Its also my first Nike kit. the only think i would like is a carabiner  style thingy for attaching my golf towels to, but i'll buy one for that so no biggie.

However anyone thinking about this bag, its for walking. You pay for the light weight in small  size and minimal pockets. If you play the majority of your golf with a cart or buggy i wouldn't recommend it. Get a cart bag and you can keep ALL your crap in it, and access your sticks more easily.

But for walkers, its a great buy. Very strongly recommended. 10/10

Oh and it also fits superstroke fatso putter grips!

#25 Charlie875578

Charlie875578

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136068
  • Ebay ID:chuck875578
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

That's a nice bag. What do those go for? The stand on my Ping bag is all screwed up.

#26 Timbo22

Timbo22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostCharlie875578, on 17 April 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

That's a nice bag. What do those go for? The stand on my Ping bag is all screwed up.

I'm in the UK, we get ripped for golf gear. £99 from my pro. Ebay lowest is £89. I think thats a pretty good price compared to the competitors. My mate has the lightweight Titleist and i think his materials feel a little more solid, but its also more costly.

#27 grbz

grbz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87660

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:50 AM

Any update on this bag? Grip tangle, stand mechanism, straps, etc?

#28 Timbo22

Timbo22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:34 AM

apart from my review above I can add its very waterproof. IF you stand out in the rain solidly for four hours, yes you're getting wet. England just had wettest June for years and years and never needed to dry out clubs after a round.  A few months on I'm very pleased. It matches my yellow z-star nicely as well. Fluro ftw.

Tangle - not really
Straps - excellent
Stand - very good

#29 Moes22

Moes22

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41566

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Does it fit well in a cart? My past nike bags were great for walking but I had to put in them in the cart sideways because the kick stand mechanism on the bottom was too big.

#30 grbz

grbz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87660

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Thnx Timbo.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors