Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 21 votes

judging players by their bags


3889 replies to this topic

#3841 Chuck905

Chuck905

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400908
  • Joined: 10/27/2015
  • Location:Niagara Falls
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:22 PM

Epic Subzero 8*
Steelhead xr 3 and 5 wood
3-PW Mizuno 900T
Callaway MD Forged 52-10 and 58-8
Ping Redwood Anser at 36" Length


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#3842 Aaronwilson_95

Aaronwilson_95

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442640
  • Joined: 10/06/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:36 AM

View PostWidespreadPanic, on 12 September 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

View Postlil, on 11 September 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

View PostAaronwilson_95, on 11 September 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

View PostTexasGolfer91, on 11 September 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

Curious about thoughts on my setup :

TM R15 9.5*
King Cobra Baffler 18* 2 Hybrid
King Cobra Baffler 23* 4 Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 16 4-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 3 50*,54*,58* - S-Grind
Odyssey O-Works 7s Red 35"
Chrome Soft
I think you're a 9 or so . Likely struggle a tad off the tee and with iron yardages . Just a guess judging by the chromesoft ball. My guess is your a baller with your hybrids however


Here's my bag
Epic subzero 8* elements chrome TX
GBB 3 wood hazdurs red 6.5 76
Subzero 5 wood hazdrus red 6.5 76
23&27 apex hybrid with kbs hybrid shafts
6-p apex pro 16 irons KbS 120 stiff
50-54-58 Md forged
54 bent to 56 so 12 bounce and 58 bent to 60 and all the bounce grounded off

Counterbalanced garsen Spider

Srixon Xv ball

That part is interesting!  Why would you think someone is struggling just cause they play the Chrome Soft?
Im guessing he said that bc there have been mentions of the CS jumping on some iron shots. Its pretty absurd to guess somebody has distance control issues bc they play the CS soft though.
I personally played the chromesoft and would hit a few really confusing 175 yard 9 irons 30 yards deep etc . Could never get distances dialed down with the chromesoft

2

#3843 jranderson110

jranderson110

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477942
  • Joined: 08/07/2017
  • Location:Johnson County Kansas
  • Handicap:9.6
  • Ebay ID:jordan.anderson32
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:07 PM

What are your thoughts on having the whole bag match a brand? I ask this question, because I don't think I've seen a single person on here that has an entirely matching set, but I see them on the course a ton.  Obviously, it's common at the pro level because of money, but what about amatures that have a fully matching set.

For instance:

1. 917D3 Titleist
2. H1 Titleist Hybrid
3. AP2s
4. Vokeys
5. Scotty Putter

I use Titleist  as an example, but could be done with any golf brand....
Another question to go along with that: If there's a bunch of guys with matching sets, what does the brand they choose to have match say about them?

Edited by jranderson110, 15 September 2017 - 02:08 PM.


3

#3844 jpdx

jpdx

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430484
  • Joined: 06/26/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

View Postjranderson110, on 15 September 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

What are your thoughts on having the whole bag match a brand? I ask this question, because I don't think I've seen a single person on here that has an entirely matching set, but I see them on the course a ton.  Obviously, it's common at the pro level because of money, but what about amatures that have a fully matching set.

For instance:

1. 917D3 Titleist
2. H1 Titleist Hybrid
3. AP2s
4. Vokeys
5. Scotty Putter

I use Titleist  as an example, but could be done with any golf brand....
Another question to go along with that: If there's a bunch of guys with matching sets, what does the brand they choose to have match say about them?

I've reviewed some bags on here and one of the best...Swing Blues, judged mine (http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry13899168). if you like, go ahead and give my updated gamer bag a review since it's a full matching branded bag:

Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 12.5* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300
Nike Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
Nike Method Matter m4-12
Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

Couple clues: I typically walk and as such I drop the 58* because I found that I rarely hit it and it makes walking 18 a bit easier.

Edited by jpdx, 15 September 2017 - 03:41 PM.

Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 12.5* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300
Nike Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
Nike Method Matter m4-12
Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

back up/other bag in progress
Nike Vapor Pro driver 9.5* Diamana Blueboard
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 wood stock r flex shaft
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 hybrid stock r flex haft

Nike Vapor Pro 4-PW DG s300
Cleveland cg15 54* and 58*

Nike Method Origin b2-01

4

#3845 Gstew1930

Gstew1930

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477542
  • Joined: 08/04/2017
  • Location:Houston
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:56 PM

Love this thread

Let's see if anyone can get close

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 9.5 fujikura atmos black 7x

Titleist 915F 13.5 & 18 degree Diamana white board x-stiff

Nike vapor pro 3-pw DG x100 amt

Cleveland cg 15   52 & 58

Bettanardi QB8

Taylormade TP5

Nike Vapor Fly Pro - Fujikura Atmos Black 6x
Titleist 915F 15 degree - Diamana Whiteboard 70x
Nike Vapor Speed 2 Iron - Aldila R.I.P. 105x
Nike Vapor Pro 3-PW - DG AMT X100
Cleveland 588 52 & 58
Odyssey O Works #7
Bridgestone Tour B X

5

#3846 18thbunker

18thbunker

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143863
  • Joined: 10/24/2011
  • Location:Denver
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:12 AM

Good thread......let me play....Thx.

Driver - Titleist 915F D3 10.5 Diamana Blue Stiff
3 Wood - Titleist 915F 15 degrees Diamana Blue Stiff
5 Wood - Ping I25 18 degrees PWR65 Stiff
Hybrid - Titleist 915F 22 degrees Diamana Blue Stiff
Irons Mizuno MP68 4-PW DG 300 Stiff
Wedge 1 - Callaway MD3 54 degrees TT Tour Issue
Wedge 2 - Callaway MD PM 60 degrees KBS Wedge Shaft
Putter - Ping Sigma Doon Counter Balanced 35"
driver - Titleist 915 D3 10.5
fairway - Ping I25 18 degree 5 wood
hybrid - Ben Hogan VKTR 19 & 23
Irons -   Mizuno MP68 3-PW
wedges Mizuno MP-T5 50-58
putter - Ping Sigma G Doon

6

#3847 EvanScottKing

EvanScottKing

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 443226
  • Joined: 10/12/2016
  • Location:South San Francisco Bay, California
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

View Postjranderson110, on 15 September 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

What are your thoughts on having the whole bag match a brand? I ask this question, because I don't think I've seen a single person on here that has an entirely matching set, but I see them on the course a ton.  Obviously, it's common at the pro level because of money, but what about amatures that have a fully matching set.

For instance:

1. 917D3 Titleist
2. H1 Titleist Hybrid
3. AP2s
4. Vokeys
5. Scotty Putter

I use Titleist  as an example, but could be done with any golf brand....
Another question to go along with that: If there's a bunch of guys with matching sets, what does the brand they choose to have match say about them?

Will take this first bit just as it pertains to me personally, but it appeases my OCD tendencies when things match.


View Postjpdx, on 15 September 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

I've reviewed some bags on here and one of the best...Swing Blues, judged mine (http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry13899168). if you like, go ahead and give my updated gamer bag a review since it's a full matching branded bag:

Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 12.5* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300
Nike Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
Nike Method Matter m4-12
Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

Couple clues: I typically walk and as such I drop the 58* because I found that I rarely hit it and it makes walking 18 a bit easier.

So I'll start off by saying you're a Nike guy...

The driver spec'd as it is makes me think you're probably someone with with a negative angle of attack on the driver.  It's either that or you've got one of the flattest swings out there.  The Flex 440 is one of the few options available that gives you the smaller headshape of a full-size 440cc driver while still being able to loft-up and get the height you need in combination with the Blueboard shaft so you're not just going out hunting birds or rabbits 100 yards down the fairway with every tee shot.  Might not be the longest off the tee, but I'd doubt you have any issues finding the fairway and your game now favors accuracy and plotting your way around the course.

I'm pretty sure there are still a lot of guys on tour who bag similar 3 woods to this one and it wouldn't surprise me if it was one of your favorites too.  I'd also guess you probably get this out there close to as far as your driver on a well struck one and because of that it gets it's chances from the tee occasionally.  You probably go up in weight a touch with the blueboard for this one compared to your driver, but nothing beats that feel and launch for your game.

Three hybrid rounds out the top corner of your bag and gives you length and height from the fairway or tee if need be with more confidence than you'd have shooting an equally lofted fairway wood.  Lining up at the ball with this thing is as easy as take aim and fire.  At least it feels that way with it's bright neon and volt colors.

Vapor fly pro irons in the bag with S300 - this is a solid combo, but also one that's making it difficult for me to get a feel for your age, swing, etc.  These are great sticks.  They also work for such a wide array of golfers across different skill levels.  Part of me thinks you might be a player in your mid-teen years working at cutting strokes off your index while playing for your HS; and another part of me thinks you might be closer to expecting grandkids to come along soon like a guy I know who plays a similar set-up.  Your bag has me stumped.  Either way I'd wager that iron play is one of the better parts of your game.

Carrying a couple (occasionally) specialized wedges probably helps keep things simple when evaluating how to play a shot.  It can be a huge help to the game when you aren't locking yourself into paralysis by analysis and waffling between flopping one up soft or playing a lower, spinny/checky pitch onto the green.  You just hit your shot and let the rest of the short game clean-up.

Putter is a tidy shape and doesn't have any unnecessary frills.  Thing just rolls putts and so long as you're feeling good about it any given day the putting can get hot.  When you're not though the putting stats take a real slump and are one of the most frustrating parts of your game in terms of consistency.

Really neat and fun set-up.  Let me know how bad I botched this one; as I mentioned it had me stumped in parts.
Bag is comprised of Callaway & Edel.  WITB

7

#3848 jslane57

jslane57

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426950
  • Joined: 05/27/2016
  • Handicap:<5
GolfWRX Likes : 2038

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

View PostGstew1930, on 15 September 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

Love this thread

Let's see if anyone can get close

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 9.5 fujikura atmos black 7x

Titleist 915F 13.5 & 18 degree Diamana white board x-stiff

Nike vapor pro 3-pw DG x100 amt

Cleveland cg 15   52 & 58

Bettanardi QB8

Taylormade TP5

Hmm, does the ball go farther these days, or are athletes taking over golf? Gstew is the argument for athletes taking over golf. Wearing Nike baseball cleats all through high school and college, Nike was the clear choice for this transition to golf. I'm envisioning a strong guy who is fit. 28 years old, 6'2" and 200 lbs. Maybe a little inside take away, then full on hit. Beautiful high draws off the tee that clear trees and roll onto the fringes of par 4 holes. With the occasional miss the golf course by 50 yards to the right! LOL. On narrower holes, the miss is worrying, so the strong 3 wood is the club of choice. Really it should always be, but when the driver is on, look out! Best driver days are when teeing it low and letting it fade, but from behind the ball, the shot looks like a clanker compared to the high draw. Why no 56? Don't need one. Besides, the 3 iron is also used from the tee a ton! If a club was to be pulled to make room for another wedge, it would be the 7-iron, but that just feels funny. The Bettanardi is a beautiful flat stick, but why no Scotty? Or no Vokey? Or no ProV1X? Gstew doesn't want to look like he's just going with the name brands, and he hates that Nike closed shop. But it is almost time to shop for new wedges. Now what wedges will Rory go with next season???
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" -Einstein

8

#3849 LOOK1979

LOOK1979

    RunFast1979

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 385016
  • Joined: 07/08/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:35 AM

I would only go with the same Brand in my bag if I was being paid or if that what worked best for my swing.

Callaway Sub Zero
TM M1 2016 model 19*
Tm M2 2016 16. High Launch
Ping G25 22* hybrid
Srixon 765 4-W - 2 flat
Cleveland Wedges 54 & 58 - 2 flat
EVNROLL Putter ER1 - 2 flat one degree strong

I was custom fit at for everything. This is what works best for me at this point.
Most golfers probably wouldn't play one brand if they were properly fit for their clubs.

That's just my opinion.

9

#3850 Gstew1930

Gstew1930

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477542
  • Joined: 08/04/2017
  • Location:Houston
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:58 AM

View Postjslane57, on 16 September 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

View PostGstew1930, on 15 September 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

Love this thread

Let's see if anyone can get close

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 9.5 fujikura atmos black 7x

Titleist 915F 13.5 & 18 degree Diamana white board x-stiff

Nike vapor pro 3-pw DG x100 amt

Cleveland cg 15   52 & 58

Bettanardi QB8

Taylormade TP5

Hmm, does the ball go farther these days, or are athletes taking over golf? Gstew is the argument for athletes taking over golf. Wearing Nike baseball cleats all through high school and college, Nike was the clear choice for this transition to golf. I'm envisioning a strong guy who is fit. 28 years old, 6'2" and 200 lbs. Maybe a little inside take away, then full on hit. Beautiful high draws off the tee that clear trees and roll onto the fringes of par 4 holes. With the occasional miss the golf course by 50 yards to the right! LOL. On narrower holes, the miss is worrying, so the strong 3 wood is the club of choice. Really it should always be, but when the driver is on, look out! Best driver days are when teeing it low and letting it fade, but from behind the ball, the shot looks like a clanker compared to the high draw. Why no 56? Don't need one. Besides, the 3 iron is also used from the tee a ton! If a club was to be pulled to make room for another wedge, it would be the 7-iron, but that just feels funny. The Bettanardi is a beautiful flat stick, but why no Scotty? Or no Vokey? Or no ProV1X? Gstew doesn't want to look like he's just going with the name brands, and he hates that Nike closed shop. But it is almost time to shop for new wedges. Now what wedges will Rory go with next season???

😂😂 it's pretty scary how accurate you are. I had to double check your profile to make sure we didn't know each other lol. Played college baseball

Nike Vapor Fly Pro - Fujikura Atmos Black 6x
Titleist 915F 15 degree - Diamana Whiteboard 70x
Nike Vapor Speed 2 Iron - Aldila R.I.P. 105x
Nike Vapor Pro 3-PW - DG AMT X100
Cleveland 588 52 & 58
Odyssey O Works #7
Bridgestone Tour B X

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#3851 jpdx

jpdx

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430484
  • Joined: 06/26/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

View PostEvanScottKing, on 16 September 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

View Postjpdx, on 15 September 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

I've reviewed some bags on here and one of the best...Swing Blues, judged mine (http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry13899168). if you like, go ahead and give my updated gamer bag a review since it's a full matching branded bag:

Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 12.5* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300
Nike Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
Nike Method Matter m4-12
Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

Couple clues: I typically walk and as such I drop the 58* because I found that I rarely hit it and it makes walking 18 a bit easier.

So I'll start off by saying you're a Nike guy...

The driver spec'd as it is makes me think you're probably someone with with a negative angle of attack on the driver.  It's either that or you've got one of the flattest swings out there.  The Flex 440 is one of the few options available that gives you the smaller headshape of a full-size 440cc driver while still being able to loft-up and get the height you need in combination with the Blueboard shaft so you're not just going out hunting birds or rabbits 100 yards down the fairway with every tee shot.  Might not be the longest off the tee, but I'd doubt you have any issues finding the fairway and your game now favors accuracy and plotting your way around the course.

I'm pretty sure there are still a lot of guys on tour who bag similar 3 woods to this one and it wouldn't surprise me if it was one of your favorites too.  I'd also guess you probably get this out there close to as far as your driver on a well struck one and because of that it gets it's chances from the tee occasionally.  You probably go up in weight a touch with the blueboard for this one compared to your driver, but nothing beats that feel and launch for your game.

Three hybrid rounds out the top corner of your bag and gives you length and height from the fairway or tee if need be with more confidence than you'd have shooting an equally lofted fairway wood.  Lining up at the ball with this thing is as easy as take aim and fire.  At least it feels that way with it's bright neon and volt colors.

Vapor fly pro irons in the bag with S300 - this is a solid combo, but also one that's making it difficult for me to get a feel for your age, swing, etc.  These are great sticks.  They also work for such a wide array of golfers across different skill levels.  Part of me thinks you might be a player in your mid-teen years working at cutting strokes off your index while playing for your HS; and another part of me thinks you might be closer to expecting grandkids to come along soon like a guy I know who plays a similar set-up.  Your bag has me stumped.  Either way I'd wager that iron play is one of the better parts of your game.

Carrying a couple (occasionally) specialized wedges probably helps keep things simple when evaluating how to play a shot.  It can be a huge help to the game when you aren't locking yourself into paralysis by analysis and waffling between flopping one up soft or playing a lower, spinny/checky pitch onto the green.  You just hit your shot and let the rest of the short game clean-up.

Putter is a tidy shape and doesn't have any unnecessary frills.  Thing just rolls putts and so long as you're feeling good about it any given day the putting can get hot.  When you're not though the putting stats take a real slump and are one of the most frustrating parts of your game in terms of consistency.

Really neat and fun set-up.  Let me know how bad I botched this one; as I mentioned it had me stumped in parts.

Nike guy as I've had many friends and family work for Nike. That ranges from contracts to manufacture goods to Nike WHQ. I worked at the company store years ago as well. So I guess you could say there's a special affinity to Nike. I still live about 10mi from WHQ and still have many friends/family/clients that work for or with Nike in different capacities.

On to the clubs:

In all honesty I don't know if I have a negative aoa or not. I find that no matter what I've adjusted my drivers to, I seem to get the same height but the 12.5* seems to get me the best distance. You may be on to something though. I definitely have a flat swing though... 1000%. I actually picked up the 2 flex 440's. One for me, one for my friend. I was really comfortable with my old Vapor Pro, but seeing my friend end up 20yds further than me (when I hit equal or further to him) i had to switch it up to the 440 as well. My game has evolved into finding fairways and I'm looking more at accuracy than distance. I figure...10 more yds is only one less club - and I should be proficient at all clubs so it shouldnt make much difference as long as I'm playing the right tees (but i still can't let my friends outdrive me!).

The 3wd is one of my favorites when I connect. I love the feel and the sound. I've grown less and less fond of the 3wd in general as I can't hit a 3wd (or my 3hy for that matter) worth a $h...t. I do take it off the tee occasionally but I prefer to hit my 4i. The 3hy does round out the bag and I debated whether to carry a 3hy or 5wd. Was able to get the 3wd and 3hy at steals (friends/family at nike). But I really love my 4i...

Which brings me to the VFP's...

Have a friend who worked at Nike Golf at WHQ. Was fortunate to get a pass to get a fitting done at a local course. I knew I wanted something that has a more "players look" than my previous burner 2.0's. But something that I had confidence hitting. The Pro's and Pro Combo's felt like they'd be too....hard to hit. But it really came down to $$$ and the VFP's won out as the least expensive set. Fortunately I was able to get them fitted and out the door at prices that were a little less than what they've been retailing at after nike made the announcement. Looking back, I really wits I'd have gone with the Pro Combo's but I've got a set of Pro's waiting to get adjusted and we'll see. I'm definitely not in my mid teens, although I wish I found golf earlier - like in HS or sooner. I'm also not expecting any grandkids as I don't have children yet and my iron play has been getting stronger.

For the wedges I've dropped the 58* for so long that I've become pretty proficient in all sorts of different shots with the 54*. You're right about not getting not getting into paralysis by analysis...Let me grab my 54* - do i need to get over something or can i hit it low and make it check, that's all i need to think about.

Putter is an oddball - picked it up on a whim  and immediately loved the feel of the rzn insert - much improved over the ignite "trusty rusty" i love the feedback i get from the MM and the weight is perfect to keep me in tempo, rhythm and speed. I'm generally a 2 putts per hole type of guy - my stats say I'm 1.9 per hole. I'd say my putter is the most consistent part of my game.

Good judging though. Thanks it was a fun read!

Edited by jpdx, 18 September 2017 - 01:19 PM.

Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 12.5* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300
Nike Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
Nike Method Matter m4-12
Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

back up/other bag in progress
Nike Vapor Pro driver 9.5* Diamana Blueboard
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 wood stock r flex shaft
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 hybrid stock r flex haft

Nike Vapor Pro 4-PW DG s300
Cleveland cg15 54* and 58*

Nike Method Origin b2-01

11

#3852 leopoldstotch

leopoldstotch

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482290
  • Joined: 09/19/2017
  • Location:Vancouver, BC
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

Do me Do me

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5 Regular 44.5"
Cobra Fly Z 5-7 wood at 17 degrees Stiff
Taylormade RBZ 3 and 4 Hybrids cut 1 inch
Srixon Z565 5 to AW Modus 3 105 Regular
Cleveland 588 RTX 56 and 60 degree wedges
Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 34"

Srixon Q Star or Q Star Tour ball
Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Performance Driver
Cobra Fly Z 5 Wood
Srixon H45  4 Hybrid
Srixon Z565 5-AW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 56/60
Odyssey Works Versa #9

Srixon Q Star/Q Star Tour

12

#3853 jranderson110

jranderson110

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477942
  • Joined: 08/07/2017
  • Location:Johnson County Kansas
  • Handicap:9.6
  • Ebay ID:jordan.anderson32
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

View Postleopoldstotch, on 21 September 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Do me Do me

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5 Regular 44.5"
Cobra Fly Z 5-7 wood at 17 degrees Stiff
Taylormade RBZ 3 and 4 Hybrids cut 1 inch
Srixon Z565 5 to AW Modus 3 105 Regular
Cleveland 588 RTX 56 and 60 degree wedges
Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 34"

Srixon Q Star or Q Star Tour ball

I will do you (phrasing), mainly because your handle is hilarious, and Butters is my favorite sp character:

When I judge a bag, I assume you're cart is sitting outside the clubhouse, you're not in it, the starter says "you're with the guy in that cart" and all I can see is your bag.

Based on the very diverse assortment of clubs in the bag, you've acquired all of them at different times.  Depending on the condition of the clubs, it means one of two things: 1. ebay bargain hunter- less golf skill. or 2. these were acquired in a set of entirely unbiased fittings- ace.

When I see a Nike driver without the owner, I almost always assume they're age 28, and use to be/still are a big Tiger Woods fan.

But then I would likely get thrown off:
If we were at the course I probably wouldn't notice that you have a stiff shaft on the cobra, but would notice you have a ton of head covers in the bag. So, polar opposite of my nike driver assumption, I would think, "maybe it's an older guy, or a guy with a relatively slow swing speed". Also, because I am horrible at controlling hybrids/fairway woods, I would likely assume since you enjoy them, that you're strait with your long clubs.

The irons tell me you aren't willing to go with a cast set, and you don't really like the looks of a GI set, but you want the forgiveness of GI irons... I've hit them, they're great BTW.

Putters tell me little about a player, I've seen plus handicaps play with their first putter ever they couldn't sell for $5 if they wanted to, and I've seen hacks with $400 putters. My only assumption is that you picked this putter, and your wife didn't get it as a gift.


In summary, I would look at your golf bag and think, "What in the actual hell am I getting into?" Your bag would perplex me, and honestly I would be pretty interested to see you play a round of golf. Cool Set!

My bag is VERY different from yours, which is likely why I wouldn't know how to judge yours accurately. It has recently had some changes, so I'll re-post:

1. 917D3 (Rogue Max 75-Xstiff) (Gopher Head cover)
2. Titleist T-MB 2 Iron (Stiff Steel shafts on all irons)
3. Titleist 710 AP2's
4. Vokey SM4 52.8* 56.8* and 60.10* all in satin steel finish
5. Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 2013  ("Cash Is King" Scotty custom shop headcover)

I have two different bags, both used and about 8 years old.
My walker is an all black titleist stand bag that's pretty small and light.
My cart bag is one I bought used in mediocre condition, but it's a silver tour bag with Adam Scott, Ernie Els and DLIII stitched in sigs on the shoe pouch.

Edited by jranderson110, 22 September 2017 - 08:59 AM.


13

#3854 leopoldstotch

leopoldstotch

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482290
  • Joined: 09/19/2017
  • Location:Vancouver, BC
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

View Postjranderson110, on 22 September 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

View Postleopoldstotch, on 21 September 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Do me Do me

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5 Regular 44.5"
Cobra Fly Z 5-7 wood at 17 degrees Stiff
Taylormade RBZ 3 and 4 Hybrids cut 1 inch
Srixon Z565 5 to AW Modus 3 105 Regular
Cleveland 588 RTX 56 and 60 degree wedges
Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 34"

Srixon Q Star or Q Star Tour ball

I will do you (phrasing), mainly because your handle is hilarious, and Butters is my favorite sp character:

When I judge a bag, I assume you're cart is sitting outside the clubhouse, you're not in it, the starter says "you're with the guy in that cart" and all I can see is your bag.

Based on the very diverse assortment of clubs in the bag, you've acquired all of them at different times.  Depending on the condition of the clubs, it means one of two things: 1. ebay bargain hunter- less golf skill. or 2. these were acquired in a set of entirely unbiased fittings- ace.

When I see a Nike driver without the owner, I almost always assume they're age 28, and use to be/still are a big Tiger Woods fan.

But then I would likely get thrown off:
If we were at the course I probably wouldn't notice that you have a stiff shaft on the cobra, but would notice you have a ton of head covers in the bag. So, polar opposite of my nike driver assumption, I would think, "maybe it's an older guy, or a guy with a relatively slow swing speed". Also, because I am horrible at controlling hybrids/fairway woods, I would likely assume since you enjoy them, that you're strait with your long clubs.

The irons tell me you aren't willing to go with a cast set, and you don't really like the looks of a GI set, but you want the forgiveness of GI irons... I've hit them, they're great BTW.

Putters tell me little about a player, I've seen plus handicaps play with their first putter ever they couldn't sell for $5 if they wanted to, and I've seen hacks with $400 putters. My only assumption is that you picked this putter, and your wife didn't get it as a gift.


In summary, I would look at your golf bag and think, "What in the actual hell am I getting into?" Your bag would perplex me, and honestly I would be pretty interested to see you play a round of golf. Cool Set!

My bag is VERY different from yours, which is likely why I wouldn't know how to judge yours accurately. It has recently had some changes, so I'll re-post:

1. 917D3 (Rogue Max 75-Xstiff) (Gopher Head cover)
2. Titleist T-MB 2 Iron (Stiff Steel shafts on all irons)
3. Titleist 710 AP2's
4. Vokey SM4 52.8* 56.8* and 60.10* all in satin steel finish
5. Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 2013  ("Cash Is King" Scotty custom shop headcover)

I have two different bags, both used and about 8 years old.
My walker is an all black titleist stand bag that's pretty small and light.
My cart bag is one I bought used in mediocre condition, but it's a silver tour bag with Adam Scott, Ernie Els and DLIII stitched in sigs on the shoe pouch.

That was great. You were super close on everything. I turn 29 next week.  

Everything except the irons were a bargain and I just get whatever i want. I did buy everything brand new though, but again bargains.
I like to think i'm an average swing speed above 90 driver ss and slightly under 80 with my 6i.

good stuff!
Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Performance Driver
Cobra Fly Z 5 Wood
Srixon H45  4 Hybrid
Srixon Z565 5-AW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 56/60
Odyssey Works Versa #9

Srixon Q Star/Q Star Tour

14

#3855 Dr. Block

Dr. Block

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477376
  • Joined: 08/02/2017
  • Location:Aurora, IL
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

What a cool thread.  I'd like to give it a whack:

Taylormade R9 Driver with a Speeder 757 Evolution Tour spec 7.2 Stiff flex
Taylormade Burner TP (tour van issue) 5 wood head on a three wood length shaft Diamana Kali 70 gram x flex
Ping G20 3 hybrid Adila Rogue hybrid shaft stiff flex
4-PW Titleist 714 AP2 KBS C-Taper Light 115 X flex
50, 54 degree SM5 vokey wedges KBS C-Taper X flex
64 degree Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind
Early 2000's Cleveland putter that's battered and knackered to hell and back that I've used for ever that just flat out works for me.

Ping 4 series carry bag, woods and hybrid hiding under matching ping leather headcovers.  War-horse putter naked for the world to see.  

All clubs massively counter weighted with lead tape under the grip, and smeared with lead tape covering all identifiable logo's and brand names on the back of the clubs (I like my clubs nice and heavy)

Edited by Dr. Block, 22 September 2017 - 12:33 PM.


15

#3856 falkn

falkn

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478404
  • Joined: 08/10/2017
  • Location:Sweden
  • Handicap:16,6
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostDr. Block, on 22 September 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

What a cool thread.  I'd like to give it a whack:

Taylormade R9 Driver with a Speeder 757 Evolution Tour spec 7.2 Stiff flex
Taylormade Burner TP (tour van issue) 5 wood head on a three wood length shaft Diamana Kali 70 gram x flex
Ping G20 3 hybrid Adila Rogue hybrid shaft stiff flex
4-PW Titleist 714 AP2 KBS C-Taper Light 115 X flex
50, 54 degree SM5 vokey wedges KBS C-Taper X flex
64 degree Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind
Early 2000's Cleveland putter that's battered and knackered to hell and back that I've used for ever that just flat out works for me.

Ping 4 series carry bag, woods and hybrid hiding under matching ping leather headcovers.  War-horse putter naked for the world to see.  

All clubs massively counter weighted with lead tape under the grip, and smeared with lead tape covering all identifiable logo's and brand names on the back of the clubs (I like my clubs nice and heavy)

I feel like you're a guy that likes to tinker, with both swing and equipment. The heavier shaft in the driver and the lead tape tells me you've fot quite an aggressive transition. The 5W head on a 3W shaft could be to get more hight since you're prone to closing the face a bit at impact and also probably hit down on the ball quite a lot. I bet your stock shot shape is a lower draw.

My bag is as follows:

Callaway XR16 9* at 8* neutral. Speeder 565 stiff shaft.
Callaway XR16 3W. Speeder 565 stiff.
Srixon Z U65 20*. NS Pro Modus3 130 stiff
Srixon Z565 4-7. NS Pro Modus3 130 stiff
Srixon Z7658-PW. NS Pro Modus3 130 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 CB 50/8, 56/14, 60/12
Cleveland TFI Halo putter with Superstroke Flatso 2.0

All irons are 2* upright and 0.5" longer than standard.

16

#3857 Double Dodger

Double Dodger

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471814
  • Joined: 06/18/2017
  • Location:Hattiesburg, mS
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:Iamhubcityharmon
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

View Postjpdx, on 15 September 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

View Postjranderson110, on 15 September 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

What are your thoughts on having the whole bag match a brand? I ask this question, because I don't think I've seen a single person on here that has an entirely matching set, but I see them on the course a ton.  Obviously, it's common at the pro level because of money, but what about amatures that have a fully matching set.

For instance:

1. 917D3 Titleist
2. H1 Titleist Hybrid
3. AP2s
4. Vokeys
5. Scotty Putter

I use Titleist  as an example, but could be done with any golf brand....
Another question to go along with that: If there's a bunch of guys with matching sets, what does the brand they choose to have match say about them?

I've reviewed some bags on here and one of the best...Swing Blues, judged mine (http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry13899168). if you like, go ahead and give my updated gamer bag a review since it's a full matching branded bag:

Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 12.5* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300
Nike Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
Nike Method Matter m4-12
Nike Air Hybrid II Bag


Couple clues: I typically walk and as such I drop the 58* because I found that I rarely hit it and it makes walking 18 a bit easier.

I've got to say that when I see someone with a single brand in the bag I say to myself "take any bet this guy will give you". No offense but most likely a guy who has not found the best clubs for him. More than likely a guy who gets by with brand loyalty over winning a wager. "I may have lost $50 but I got the coolest looking bag full of x-brand clubs". Seriously, I know a guy with a Callaway tattoo.  Sorry but I don't see the upside in that.
If I'm brand loyal to anything it would have to be Exotics. Here's my set up;
Driver-Titleist 8.5 905S aldila rogue 60 msi110 stiff
3wood-Exotics 13 e8 beta elements earth 70 stiff
4wood-Exotics cb pro 16.5 white tie stiff
3 and 4 hybrid- exotics xcg6 black tie stiff
5-7 irons-maltby dbm black cavity backs kbs ctaper 130
G-8 irons-maltby mmb black blades kbs ctaper 130
60-hogan tk15 bent to 58 kbs ctaper 120
Putter-bettinardi studio stock #3 with fit face

Edited by Double Dodger, 23 September 2017 - 01:05 AM.


17

#3858 ago33

ago33

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117034
  • Joined: 11/04/2010
  • Ebay ID:svenanole
GolfWRX Likes : 507

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

jslane57

Would love it if you would do mine

Epic Sub Zero 8- Fubuki J 70 X
Epic Sub Zero 14.5- fubuki J 80 X
Epic Sub Zero 18- fubuki J 80 X
Apex CF16 4-9- TT Dynamic Gold TI X100
Titleist SM4- 45, 50, 55, 60- KBS 610 125
Bettinardi Studio Stock 1
-----Current Gamers-----

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9............................Kubuki J 70 X
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 13.5.......................Kubuki J 80 X
Adams DHY 18...........................................Fuji 904HB X
Callaway Apex CF16...................................Project X 6.5
Vokey SM4 46, 50, 56, 62...........................KBS 610 125
Odyssey Works #7 CH................................GP SNSR

18

#3859 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 22262

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

View PostDr. Block, on 22 September 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

What a cool thread.  I'd like to give it a whack:

Taylormade R9 Driver with a Speeder 757 Evolution Tour spec 7.2 Stiff flex
Taylormade Burner TP (tour van issue) 5 wood head on a three wood length shaft Diamana Kali 70 gram x flex
Ping G20 3 hybrid Adila Rogue hybrid shaft stiff flex
4-PW Titleist 714 AP2 KBS C-Taper Light 115 X flex
50, 54 degree SM5 vokey wedges KBS C-Taper X flex
64 degree Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind
Early 2000's Cleveland putter that's battered and knackered to hell and back that I've used for ever that just flat out works for me.

Ping 4 series carry bag, woods and hybrid hiding under matching ping leather headcovers.  War-horse putter naked for the world to see.  

All clubs massively counter weighted with lead tape under the grip, and smeared with lead tape covering all identifiable logo's and brand names on the back of the clubs (I like my clubs nice and heavy)
Since you mentioned lead tape in my book that automaticly makes you ok in my book..........  I would say you are a guy who is not brand loyal and know what works for you and can fine tune it to work for you. You are also a player that does not believe newer is better. I think you may be a serious gamer.

Now mine has changed a lot since this thread started way back when. Back then I was under contract doing R&D on Infiniti Golf Equipment. Now I do not so basically this is what I am gaming now which can change some from my signature from week to week

Driver Titleist 915 D-2 Diamana 60R
3 wood Adams Super S Mitsubishi Bassara 55R
Hybrid TM Rescue 19* Project X 6.0
Hybrid  TM Rescue 22* Stock TM Stiff
Irons  5 thru PW Callaway 2013 X Forged CB Project X PXI 5.5
GW Titleist Vokey 52* S-300
SW Wilson JP 2 56* S-300
Putter 1997 Vintage Scotty Santa Fe rusty and lead taped
Bag either 08 Vintage Titleist mini staff or 90s model Power Bilt mini staff
I do switch around on wedges quite a bit since I am a wedge Ho If I do not carry the JP I usually carry an old 588 Cleveland. I do not play comp any more or big money matches so I do not care about conforming wedges. Out of all the wedges I own I do have 2 conforming just in case. BTW I use an older leather Cleveland barrel style cover on the driver and an old school Ping fuzzy cover on the 3 wood. None on the hybrids and none on the putter. I flat refuse to game a putter I have to use a cover on

Edited by BIG STU, 22 September 2017 - 05:40 PM.

Driver: Titleist 915 D-2 Mitsubishi Diamana 65 R
3 Wood Adams Super S 15* Bassara Regular flex
Hybrid - TM Rescue Mid 19* Pro Launch Blue
Hybrid- TM Rescue Mid 22* Stock TM Tip Stiff
2 iron 1999 Hogan Apex " Canadian Special" 19* S-300 Stock Tip Butt cut only ( yes a real Hogan Apex)
Irons -- 5 thru PW 2013 Callaway Forged X Rifle 5.5 PXI
GW Callaway BECU 50* S-300 hard tipped 1x
SW Callaway PM 56* FST wedge stock named "Mickey"

Putter - Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage rusty as heck nicknamed "Rusty"
Bag Old School TEE 3.5 stand

Founding Father of the Outlaw Golf Association Member #1 To heck with the USGA
Redneck Hippie Golf-- When the tailgate drops the BS stops

19

#3860 jliehr

jliehr

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131026
  • Joined: 06/19/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:59 PM

I'll toss mine out there since the bag just changed a bit

Driver- Ping G400 10.5* - Stock Alta CB55- Stiff
3 Wood- Titleist 910F- Made for Diamana Kai'li 75 Stiff
3-P- Titleist 712 AP1- Stock Dynalite Gold XP- Stiff
GW- Vokey SM4 50.08 F DGS300
SW- Vokey SM6 58.04 L DGS300 (Left my SM4 on a hole and someone kept it)
LW- Vokey SM4 60.10 M DG S300
Putter- Odyssey Black Series Tour #8

Bag- Ping Hoofer
Ball- ProV1X


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#3861 Dr. Block

Dr. Block

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477376
  • Joined: 08/02/2017
  • Location:Aurora, IL
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

View PostBIG STU, on 22 September 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

View PostDr. Block, on 22 September 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

What a cool thread.  I'd like to give it a whack:

Taylormade R9 Driver with a Speeder 757 Evolution Tour spec 7.2 Stiff flex
Taylormade Burner TP (tour van issue) 5 wood head on a three wood length shaft Diamana Kali 70 gram x flex
Ping G20 3 hybrid Adila Rogue hybrid shaft stiff flex
4-PW Titleist 714 AP2 KBS C-Taper Light 115 X flex
50, 54 degree SM5 vokey wedges KBS C-Taper X flex
64 degree Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind
Early 2000's Cleveland putter that's battered and knackered to hell and back that I've used for ever that just flat out works for me.

Ping 4 series carry bag, woods and hybrid hiding under matching ping leather headcovers.  War-horse putter naked for the world to see.  

All clubs massively counter weighted with lead tape under the grip, and smeared with lead tape covering all identifiable logo's and brand names on the back of the clubs (I like my clubs nice and heavy)
Since you mentioned lead tape in my book that automaticly makes you ok in my book..........  I would say you are a guy who is not brand loyal and know what works for you and can fine tune it to work for you. You are also a player that does not believe newer is better. I think you may be a serious gamer.

Now mine has changed a lot since this thread started way back when. Back then I was under contract doing R&D on Infiniti Golf Equipment. Now I do not so basically this is what I am gaming now which can change some from my signature from week to week

Driver Titleist 915 D-2 Diamana 60R
3 wood Adams Super S Mitsubishi Bassara 55R
Hybrid TM Rescue 19* Project X 6.0
Hybrid  TM Rescue 22* Stock TM Stiff
Irons  5 thru PW Callaway 2013 X Forged CB Project X PXI 5.5
GW Titleist Vokey 52* S-300
SW Wilson JP 2 56* S-300
Putter 1997 Vintage Scotty Santa Fe rusty and lead taped
Bag either 08 Vintage Titleist mini staff or 90s model Power Bilt mini staff
I do switch around on wedges quite a bit since I am a wedge Ho If I do not carry the JP I usually carry an old 588 Cleveland. I do not play comp any more or big money matches so I do not care about conforming wedges. Out of all the wedges I own I do have 2 conforming just in case. BTW I use an older leather Cleveland barrel style cover on the driver and an old school Ping fuzzy cover on the 3 wood. None on the hybrids and none on the putter. I flat refuse to game a putter I have to use a cover on

Thanks for the kind words Big Stu...I dig your style brother.  I've read quite a few of your posts in the classic golfers forum.  I love the old equipment myself and have quite a garage full.  

I tinker, especially with driver shafts.  Lately, I've gone softer flex to try and hit it straighter, and I have to say - it's helped.  I have a swing speed of near about 115mph with the driver, but in my experience going with a higher spinning softer shaft really helps me get a reliable draw that finds fairways.  As for the old Taylor made woods, can't find anything that works better for me.  Found many that are longer, but long is only good if accurate.

Be good brother.  Keep on doing things your way big hoss!

Best,
Matt

21

#3862 pedrobordes

pedrobordes

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444364
  • Joined: 10/20/2016
  • Location:Monterrey, NL
  • Handicap:-5
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

Driver Taylormade M2 '17 9.5° / Tensei CK Pro White 60TX

3 wood Taylormade M2 '17 15° / HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5
Alt. 3 wood Taylormade M2 Tour 15° / HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
5 wood Taylormade M2 Tour 18° / HZRDUS Black 75 6.5

3-PW Mizuno JPX 900 Tour / DG Tour Issue X100

52° Vokey SM6 Raw F Grind / DG Tour Issue S400
56° Vokey SM6 Raw S Grind / DG Tour Issue S400
60° Vokey SM6 Raw M Grind / DG Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2 Timeless Carbon

Ball: Vice Pro Plus #3

22

#3863 NateHung

NateHung

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 332735
  • Joined: 08/09/2014
  • Location:Anaheim, CA
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:36 AM

That I'm brand loyal... Ping everything, except for a Mil Spec putter. I want my set to look good.

23

#3864 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 22262

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:36 AM

View PostNateHung, on 23 September 2017 - 01:36 AM, said:

That I'm brand loyal... Ping everything, except for a Mil Spec putter. I want my set to look good.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that if that is your thing
Driver: Titleist 915 D-2 Mitsubishi Diamana 65 R
3 Wood Adams Super S 15* Bassara Regular flex
Hybrid - TM Rescue Mid 19* Pro Launch Blue
Hybrid- TM Rescue Mid 22* Stock TM Tip Stiff
2 iron 1999 Hogan Apex " Canadian Special" 19* S-300 Stock Tip Butt cut only ( yes a real Hogan Apex)
Irons -- 5 thru PW 2013 Callaway Forged X Rifle 5.5 PXI
GW Callaway BECU 50* S-300 hard tipped 1x
SW Callaway PM 56* FST wedge stock named "Mickey"

Putter - Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage rusty as heck nicknamed "Rusty"
Bag Old School TEE 3.5 stand

Founding Father of the Outlaw Golf Association Member #1 To heck with the USGA
Redneck Hippie Golf-- When the tailgate drops the BS stops

24

#3865 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 22262

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:31 AM

View PostAtrayn, on 15 August 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

First glance at my $3.50 Goodwill Maroon and Paisley Spaulding 3 slot bag and no one pays any attention....to the gems inside!
LOL Goodwill is where I got my late 80s early 90s Power Bilt mini staff bag from ---- but I beat you there I only paid $2.99 for mine! I get some quizzical looks from the younger tourist crowd because they know nothing about Power-Bilt

Driver: Titleist 915 D-2 Mitsubishi Diamana 65 R
3 Wood Adams Super S 15* Bassara Regular flex
Hybrid - TM Rescue Mid 19* Pro Launch Blue
Hybrid- TM Rescue Mid 22* Stock TM Tip Stiff
2 iron 1999 Hogan Apex " Canadian Special" 19* S-300 Stock Tip Butt cut only ( yes a real Hogan Apex)
Irons -- 5 thru PW 2013 Callaway Forged X Rifle 5.5 PXI
GW Callaway BECU 50* S-300 hard tipped 1x
SW Callaway PM 56* FST wedge stock named "Mickey"

Putter - Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage rusty as heck nicknamed "Rusty"
Bag Old School TEE 3.5 stand

Founding Father of the Outlaw Golf Association Member #1 To heck with the USGA
Redneck Hippie Golf-- When the tailgate drops the BS stops

25

#3866 rsballer10

rsballer10

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102321
  • Joined: 01/21/2010
  • Location:Maryland
  • Ebay ID:rsballer10
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:56 AM

View Postjliehr, on 22 September 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

I'll toss mine out there since the bag just changed a bit

Driver- Ping G400 10.5* - Stock Alta CB55- Stiff
3 Wood- Titleist 910F- Made for Diamana Kai'li 75 Stiff
3-P- Titleist 712 AP1- Stock Dynalite Gold XP- Stiff
GW- Vokey SM4 50.08 F DGS300
SW- Vokey SM6 58.04 L DGS300 (Left my SM4 on a hole and someone kept it)
LW- Vokey SM4 60.10 M DG S300
Putter- Odyssey Black Series Tour #8

Bag- Ping Hoofer
Ball- ProV1X
You're a gamer, you care about how your gear performs, but you aren't a tinkerer-lots of stock shafts.

26

#3867 1jcwallace

1jcwallace

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140201
  • Joined: 09/28/2011
  • Location:Newnan, Ga
  • Ebay ID:jdriver2908
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

The 8 or 9 time club champion at my old course (also a personal friend) is still playing the same wedges and putter he played in college (he is in his 50's now), 670MB's and still rocking a 904 3 wood with UST Proforce V2 shaft and 905 driver with a Graffaloy Blue shaft. He walks every round with a bag that looks like something from Bagger Vance. He is real good, probably the best golfer I know on a personal level. Obviously, he doesn't care what you are playing or what you think about his bag and the weapons in it. Hahaha.
TM (17) M2 9.5 AD GP 6S
TM (17) M2 Tour 15 AD DI 7S
TITLEIST 915H 18 AD DI 8S
SRIXON 545 PW-4
VOKEY SM4 52 56 60
CAMERON NEWPORT 2
PRO V1X

27

#3868 PunkGolfWRX

PunkGolfWRX

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8839
  • Joined: 12/17/2005
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:45 PM

Hi, been away from here a long time. Years. Lost the bug. Found it again!

Driver- Cobra L5V 8.5* - Diamana White - X Stiff
3 Wood- N/A
Hybrid- Adams Super LSP Proto 20* - Diamana Red - S
2# TaylorMade RSi TP UDI - KBS C Taper S
4#-PW- TaylorMade Tour Burner - Project X 6.0
GW- Callaway MD3 Shamrock (Black) 50.10 - stock DG Tour Issue Black Onyx W
SW- Callaway MD3 PM Grind (Black) 58.13 - UST Mamiya Recoil 760 F4
LW- Callaway MD3 PM Grind (Black) 64.10 - UST Mamiya Recoil 760 F4
Putter- Scotty Cameron PP Del Mar 3.5 (Custom black)

Bag- Porsche carry
Ball- Callaway Chrome Soft

Judge me!
Adams 9064LD 7.5 - Grafalloy Booyah 50g X
Callaway XR Pro 3 Deep 14 - Project X LZ 6.0
Callaway Legacy 2 Black 20 - Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5
Callaway APEX CF16 4-PW - UST Mamiya Recoil ES 780 F4
Callaway MD3 Milled Lucky Clover 50/10 S Grind - DG Tour Issue (Black Onyx) S200
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56/13 - UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64/10 - UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Del Mar 3.5 (Custom Black) - 34.5"

28

#3869 TRheezy

TRheezy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 301091
  • Joined: 03/10/2014
  • Location:Charleston, SC
GolfWRX Likes : 337

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

View Postpedrobordes, on 22 September 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Driver Taylormade M2 '17 9.5° / Tensei CK Pro White 60TX

3 wood Taylormade M2 '17 15° / HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5
Alt. 3 wood Taylormade M2 Tour 15° / HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
5 wood Taylormade M2 Tour 18° / HZRDUS Black 75 6.5

3-PW Mizuno JPX 900 Tour / DG Tour Issue X100

52° Vokey SM6 Raw F Grind / DG Tour Issue S400
56° Vokey SM6 Raw S Grind / DG Tour Issue S400
60° Vokey SM6 Raw M Grind / DG Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2 Timeless Carbon

Ball: Vice Pro Plus #3

Brooks Koepka is probably your favorite player.  I suspect you had a bag full of Nike's and a bag full of Titleist prior to your current set up. That being said you seem to be a pretty good ball striker, one that is willing to spend the $$$ to clubs that pair best with game. Just so people don't rag you for hanging off Brooks you probably wear a Vice Hat and glove to match your ball.  You probably love telling people how you get premium ball performance for less than premium prices, when we all know it is more about your ball striking ability rather than actually ball performance. But your exactly the person Vice is looking for to put their ball in play.  




Anybody want to take a stab at my bag:


M1 440 8.5* Elements Platinum Proto 6F5
PING G400 Stretch XPHLEXXX Agera X
M1 3 Hybrid Atmos Blue X
Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-PW C-Taper Lite X

SM6 F Grind 50* LZ 6.5- SM6 M Grind 54* LZ 6.5- SM6 L Grind58* LZ 6.0
Edel E2 Torque Balanced

M1 440 8.5* Elements Platinum Proto 6F5
PING G400 Stretch XPHLEXXX Agera X
M1 3 Hybrid Atmos Blue X
Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-PW C-Taper Lite X

SM6 F Grind 50* LZ 6.5- SM6 M Grind 54* LZ 6.5- SM6 L Grind58* LZ 6.0
Edel E2 Torque Balanced


29

#3870 raferalston

raferalston

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 239919
  • Joined: 03/21/2013
  • Location:Fort Collins, CO
  • Ebay ID:ngliszinski
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:59 PM

Driver: Titleist 910D2 10.5 Mitsubishi Diamana Kaili 65 Graphite

5w: V-Steel Graphite Design YS-6

3I: Titleist 712u

4-PW: Mizuno MP-4 KBS Tour Steel Stiff l +1in Up 2*

52: Cleveland 588 RTX 3 Tour Raw
56: Vokey SM4 Raw


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors