Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

RIP alpha vs. RIP'd NV??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SteveL1

SteveL1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59182
  • Ebay ID:sl1429
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

What would a guy notice most going from a RIP alpha to a RIP'd NV in the same weight and flex? The alpha has a torque rating of 2.7 and the NV is 3.8. My first guess is that the NV will be a little less consistent and possibly launch higher? How do the spin #'s and feel compare?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Cwebb

Cwebb

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21353
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

The higher torque will have a softer or "smoother" feel.  What it will actually do for your performance is anyones guess.  For some players, a higher torque shaft is easier to turn over for a draw.....for others it can leave the face more open, for some others it can just create wider dispersion in general, etc...

#3 phizzy30

phizzy30

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106656
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

I've tested both and the RIP'd NV feels a lot smoother compared to the alpha.  I would have to say that the NV version launches only slightly higher.  I didn't find either one hard to turn over.  NV version also spun a little more as well.  Think of it as an NV with tighter dispersion and less spin.

#4 swanry30

swanry30

Lights Out

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,626 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14598
  • Ebay ID:swanry30
GolfWRX Likes : 311

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

Funny this post shows up... I called ALDILA today and the alpha will launch lower and spin lower than the rip'd nv.  The alpha is their current low/low.

A side note the PHENOM shaft will have a similar launch angle to the beta with lower spin.  I could be off base - but it sure seems like they have a lot of shafts that are very close.  Gives players a lot of options for feel and playability.
Nike CT 2.0 9.5* - Motore Speeder 7.2TS
Nike CT 2.0 13* - Motore Speeder 8.2TS
Nike CP 17* hybrid - TOUR AD DI 95x
Nike 2014 Split Cavity 3-PW - PX 6.5
WITB Link
Nike Oven Proto 003 - SS Ultra Slim 1.0
Nike Raw VR Forged 54.12 / 58.10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors