Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

Genuine Leather Scorecard/Yardage Book Holder


160 replies to this topic

#1 FairwaySheriff

FairwaySheriff

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78389
  • Joined: 03/26/2009
  • Location:Mid South
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:37 PM


Edited by FairwaySheriff, 25 November 2014 - 11:48 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 bNeill

bNeill

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49638
  • Joined: 02/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 117

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:05 PM

approximate cost?

#3 Stanley Mayhem

Stanley Mayhem

    Rookie

  • Spam
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136683
  • Joined: 08/16/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:25 AM

Looks well built with good leather.

#4 shadethrower

shadethrower

    Shadethrower

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70039
  • Joined: 12/01/2008
  • Location:SF
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

Most yardage books and score cards have a binding along the left edge. What is really needed is a holder that accommodates this format rather that a binding at the top. Way too may holders are set up for the top edge bindings and are plain awkward to use.

#5 golfballz

golfballz

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138055
  • Joined: 08/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:03 AM

Very nice! - Also interested in an approximate cost.   I hate to email the guy and inquire about it if the thing is way out of my price range.

Thanks for sharing the info and pics.


#6 Stanley Mayhem

Stanley Mayhem

    Rookie

  • Spam
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136683
  • Joined: 08/16/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:32 AM

I emailed this guy and he responded with the following details:  

  • Offers six base designs with base prices starting at $28 (shipping included) to $85 (shipping included).
  • He also mentioned that charges applied for embossing work, but the cost depended on what was requested.  He mentioned that these charges are nominal for most everything.
  • Everything he does is done by hand.  Nothing "massed produced" or machined.  (I think that is great). He said he wants his customers to have one-of-a-kind pieces.
He is going to send me some pictures and reference material as I think I am going to get one for me and possibly my brother for Christmas.  I would go ahead and email him if anyone is interested in learning more.  Thanks FairwaySheriff!
  




#7 Stanley Mayhem

Stanley Mayhem

    Rookie

  • Spam
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136683
  • Joined: 08/16/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

2.JPG

All, just to follow up... I emailed this guy and the pricing looks reasonable for handmade pieces.  He sent me these two images for one he completed recently for a customer.  Looks great, and I like the fact that these are original...not impersonal and mass produced.


file:///C:/Users/MJJRM/Desktop/Front%20View1.JPGfile:///C:/Users/MJJRM/Desktop/Open%20Full%20View.JPG1.JPG
file:///C:/Users/MJJRM/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///C:/Users/MJJRM/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png

#8 Golfwolf

Golfwolf

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,545 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2884
  • Joined: 07/16/2005
  • Location:North of the 49th
  • Handicap:13.7
  • Ebay ID:lonewolf8074
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:03 AM

Very nice, can you provide the dimensions on this holder please.
Callaway Big Bertha 10.5
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25 hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54/58
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

#9 Stanley Mayhem

Stanley Mayhem

    Rookie

  • Spam
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136683
  • Joined: 08/16/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

If you send this person a request he has a nice document that shows the different models offered and pricing.  Also, and as mentioned, hand embossing of names, initials, and patterned designs can be done.

#10 Golfwolf

Golfwolf

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,545 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2884
  • Joined: 07/16/2005
  • Location:North of the 49th
  • Handicap:13.7
  • Ebay ID:lonewolf8074
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

View PostFairwaySheriff, on 27 October 2011 - 10:32 AM, said:

View PostGolfwolf, on 27 October 2011 - 04:03 AM, said:

Very nice, can you provide the dimensions on this holder please.

Folder as it would go in the pocket with nothing in it the dimensions are: 7.25" tall x 4.5" wide x .5" thick at the bottom. The thickness near the top (where pencil goes) is 1" out of pocket & .75" in the pocket. It is 15" tall unfolded.

I have used it with just a scorecard only & with a scorecard & yardagebook together & there has been no issues with it fitting in my pocket. I would advise anyone that buys one of these to wear dark pants for maybe the first 5 times of use because the dye from the leather will get on the pocket area. I really don't know how long the dye leakage will continue before it stops doing that. I have several light colored pockets that have the dye stain that does not come out with a machine washing.

Hope this helps.  




FairwaySheriff, thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.


Callaway Big Bertha 10.5
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25 hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54/58
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.




#11 akimbo

akimbo

    Newbie

  • Spam
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144635
  • Joined: 10/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

I was reading this post, and knew as soon read and saw the pics above who was doing this work.   I bought one myself about a month ago and have been very pleased with it.  They are of high quality leather and have a lot of uniqueness. I purchased a sleeve model, and it works great.  I get a lot of comments and questions when playing, and am able to keep my scorecard and yardage book dry from my perspiration.  (Play in the Southeast, so it is usually humid and I sweat)  I found mine on ebay, and I just search and found one posted.  Here is the link:  http://www.ebay.com/...-All-Categories



#12 4TheGame

4TheGame

    Newbie

  • Spam
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144707
  • Joined: 10/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

These look very nice.  Classic look and great that they are customizable and hand made. You don't get that very oftern anymore.  I checked out the posting on Ebay and see two are now posted.  Both look nice, although the first I think is better.  After reading the description on the second one I see the leather has a branding scar, so he reduced the price by quit a bit.

#13 4TheGame

4TheGame

    Newbie

  • Spam
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144707
  • Joined: 10/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

I just worked with this gentleman on a custom design.  The process went really well, and once I receive the yardage book holder I will post the images and provide some feedback on the quality and look.  Thanks for the referral F-Sheriff.

#14 akimbo

akimbo

    Newbie

  • Spam
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144635
  • Joined: 10/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

Just thought I would let everyone know that the ebay listing I notified everyone of a week ago did not sell, but he has relisted at a lower price and with a a buy it now.  I have one on order with him which is one of the more done up models he makes.

Here is his new listing:  http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_1040wt_1185

#15 vol_in_ar

vol_in_ar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116862
  • Joined: 10/30/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

Going to email him and see if he can put a Power T on one for the University of Tennessee



with your name across the top, a Power T, and Go Vols below it, that would be sweet


#16 mshills

mshills

    Consistently inconsistent.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139083
  • Joined: 09/13/2011
  • Location:Sunny Miami
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 719

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

I bought the one on Ebay that he had listed with the branding mark across the back.  It should arrive this week.  I am excited - have always wanted a nice scorecard holder, but was always hesitant to stump up the $120 for calfskin or $330 for alligator from Piedmont Leather.  I believe their products are extraordinary and worth every penny - I am just too frugal for them to be my pennies.  Posted Image

Will report back when my holder arrives.
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg, Fubuki ZT60
TEE CB2 15 deg, Motore
Ping Rapture 18 deg hybrid
Ping G10 4i-UW
Scor 53 and 57 deg
Cleveland Almost Belly putter

#17 JJGold

JJGold

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128357
  • Joined: 05/09/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

View Postakimbo, on 05 November 2011 - 08:59 PM, said:

Just thought I would let everyone know that the ebay listing I notified everyone of a week ago did not sell, but he has relisted at a lower price and with a a buy it now.  I have one on order with him which is one of the more done up models he makes.

Here is his new listing:  http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_1040wt_1185

I hope your able to sell it this time.:busted2:

#18 mshills

mshills

    Consistently inconsistent.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139083
  • Joined: 09/13/2011
  • Location:Sunny Miami
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 719

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

I received the scorecard holder today.  The leather seems to be of rather nice quality indeed - I like the way it looks / feels, and I love the way it smells.  Trouble is, this is not a scorecard holder - it is almost like it's not finished.  What I got was a nice rectangular piece of leather folded in half.  No slots or pocket or anything inside to secure the scorecard!

I've let the seller know that there must have been a mistake and I will give him a chance to make it right.  Will report back.
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg, Fubuki ZT60
TEE CB2 15 deg, Motore
Ping Rapture 18 deg hybrid
Ping G10 4i-UW
Scor 53 and 57 deg
Cleveland Almost Belly putter

#19 SweetTeaGolfer

SweetTeaGolfer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48737
  • Joined: 02/13/2008
  • Location:Kenmore, NY
  • Handicap:3.4
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

Also interested as the top models looked nice
Cobra BIO Cell +
Adams Super LS 15*
Wilson FG Tour M3* 18 and 23*
3-PW Cleveland 588 CB and MB Combo
Cleveland 588 Forged RTG 52*, 56*, 60*
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 34.5"
Bridgestone B330-S

#20 mshills

mshills

    Consistently inconsistent.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139083
  • Joined: 09/13/2011
  • Location:Sunny Miami
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 719

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

Both of our fault, actually.  Seller felt bad because he did not post pictures on his listing of the inside.  He intended it to be used as just a fold-over with no pockets, hence the low price.  I just assumed that it would have pockets and never thought to ask as I should have.

I sent it back to the seller, and he is going to see in the pockets for a small fee so that we both are happy.  Will report back when I receive it.  I think I will be pleased as the leather is rather nice.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg, Fubuki ZT60
TEE CB2 15 deg, Motore
Ping Rapture 18 deg hybrid
Ping G10 4i-UW
Scor 53 and 57 deg
Cleveland Almost Belly putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.




#21 vol_in_ar

vol_in_ar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116862
  • Joined: 10/30/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

glad to see it working out, I have one ordered, and he was very prompt, and responsive..



added a checkerboard print to mimic the checkerboard endzone at Tennessee...it was a very creative idea..

Can't wait to see it

#22 SweetTeaGolfer

SweetTeaGolfer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48737
  • Joined: 02/13/2008
  • Location:Kenmore, NY
  • Handicap:3.4
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

View Postvol_in_il, on 17 November 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

glad to see it working out, I have one ordered, and he was very prompt, and responsive..



added a checkerboard print to mimic the checkerboard endzone at Tennessee...it was a very creative idea..

Can't wait to see it

Does he have a website or just ebay listings?
Cobra BIO Cell +
Adams Super LS 15*
Wilson FG Tour M3* 18 and 23*
3-PW Cleveland 588 CB and MB Combo
Cleveland 588 Forged RTG 52*, 56*, 60*
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 34.5"
Bridgestone B330-S

#23 muxi87

muxi87

    muxi87

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32234
  • Joined: 06/19/2007
  • Location:Cartersville, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

View Postmshills, on 07 November 2011 - 09:37 AM, said:

I bought the one on Ebay that he had listed with the branding mark across the back.  It should arrive this week.  I am excited - have always wanted a nice scorecard holder, but was always hesitant to stump up the $120 for calfskin or $330 for alligator from Piedmont Leather.  I believe their products are extraordinary and worth every penny - I am just too frugal for them to be my pennies.  Posted Image

Will report back when my holder arrives.

I know someone that can whip up very nice custom python, lizard, etc for much less than $330...

#24 vol_in_ar

vol_in_ar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116862
  • Joined: 10/30/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

View PostSweetTeaGolfer, on 17 November 2011 - 09:39 PM, said:

View Postvol_in_il, on 17 November 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

glad to see it working out, I have one ordered, and he was very prompt, and responsive..



added a checkerboard print to mimic the checkerboard endzone at Tennessee...it was a very creative idea..

Can't wait to see it

Does he have a website or just ebay listings?


I emailed him through ebay, once I log on to my work computer, I'll pull up his email and see if there's a link

#25 vol_in_ar

vol_in_ar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116862
  • Joined: 10/30/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

View Postmuxi87, on 17 November 2011 - 09:45 PM, said:

View Postmshills, on 07 November 2011 - 09:37 AM, said:

I bought the one on Ebay that he had listed with the branding mark across the back.  It should arrive this week.  I am excited - have always wanted a nice scorecard holder, but was always hesitant to stump up the $120 for calfskin or $330 for alligator from Piedmont Leather.  I believe their products are extraordinary and worth every penny - I am just too frugal for them to be my pennies.  Posted Image

Will report back when my holder arrives.

I know someone that can whip up very nice custom python, lizard, etc for much less than $330...


they ar eway less than $330 bucks


#26 vol_in_ar

vol_in_ar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116862
  • Joined: 10/30/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

View PostFairwaySheriff, on 18 November 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

View Postvol_in_il, on 17 November 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

added a checkerboard print to mimic the checkerboard endzone at Tennessee...it was a very creative idea..

Can't wait to see it

If you can post some pics of the one you're getting. As a "T" fan I'd like to see how the checkerboard turns out.

For those interested in these holders, the "Cadallic" model is the one to buy. It's best of the best, has all the storage a scorecard/yardage should have & is made from very durable genuine Kodiak bear leather. Each one is custom made with custom stampings, made to last & will look better with age. I was so impressed with this model that I bought 3. One as a present & 2 for myself. I walk a lot of rounds during the summer & wanted an extra one to alternate during the humid times. Used a Callaway holder for 3 years & it served the purpose. Not once did anyone ask where I got the Callaway but with the Cadallic, I get asked all the time. People notice quality!! For what Greg charges for his top of the line model, it's a steal. I'm buying some more for Christmas presents.  

sure, I'll post some when it comes, in..

Go Vols

#27 vol_in_ar

vol_in_ar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116862
  • Joined: 10/30/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

View PostFairwaySheriff, on 18 November 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

View Postvol_in_il, on 17 November 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

added a checkerboard print to mimic the checkerboard endzone at Tennessee...it was a very creative idea..

Can't wait to see it

If you can post some pics of the one you're getting. As a "T" fan I'd like to see how the checkerboard turns out.

For those interested in these holders, the "Cadallic" model is the one to buy. It's best of the best, has all the storage a scorecard/yardage should have & is made from very durable genuine Kodiak bear leather. Each one is custom made with custom stampings, made to last & will look better with age. I was so impressed with this model that I bought 3. One as a present & 2 for myself. I walk a lot of rounds during the summer & wanted an extra one to alternate during the humid times. Used a Callaway holder for 3 years & it served the purpose. Not once did anyone ask where I got the Callaway but with the Cadallic, I get asked all the time. People notice quality!! For what Greg charges for his top of the line model, it's a steal. I'm buying some more for Christmas presents.  



This is the mock up he sent me....The checkerboard will not be in color, and I changed "Tennessee Volunteers" to "Go Vols...

Should have the actual holder in a week or so

Scorecard.png

Edited by vol_in_il, 18 November 2011 - 07:16 PM.


#28 vol_in_ar

vol_in_ar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116862
  • Joined: 10/30/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

View PostSweetTeaGolfer, on 17 November 2011 - 09:39 PM, said:

View Postvol_in_il, on 17 November 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

glad to see it working out, I have one ordered, and he was very prompt, and responsive..



added a checkerboard print to mimic the checkerboard endzone at Tennessee...it was a very creative idea..

Can't wait to see it

Does he have a website or just ebay listings?

Just looked he sent me an email with a couple of powerpoint slides with the models. descriptions and pricing

his email is greg.dibble@yahoo.com

#29 mshills

mshills

    Consistently inconsistent.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139083
  • Joined: 09/13/2011
  • Location:Sunny Miami
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 719

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

View Postmshills, on 17 November 2011 - 06:38 PM, said:

Both of our fault, actually.  Seller felt bad because he did not post pictures on his listing of the inside.  He intended it to be used as just a fold-over with no pockets, hence the low price.  I just assumed that it would have pockets and never thought to ask as I should have.

I sent it back to the seller, and he is going to see in the pockets for a small fee so that we both are happy.  Will report back when I receive it.  I think I will be pleased as the leather is rather nice.

Just to close this one out, I received my scorecard / yardage / cash cover two days ago and I am very pleased.  Greg took care of me, and if his product fits the style you want, I highly recommend.  The leather is really nice quality, the stitching is heavy-duty, robust, and precise.  Very nice product.  Sorry I don't have any pictures at this point.
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg, Fubuki ZT60
TEE CB2 15 deg, Motore
Ping Rapture 18 deg hybrid
Ping G10 4i-UW
Scor 53 and 57 deg
Cleveland Almost Belly putter

#30 vol_in_ar

vol_in_ar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116862
  • Joined: 10/30/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

mine was sent to my old address, so I'm waiting on it to be forwarded


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors