Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Cleveland CG16 Tour

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Cleveland CG16 Tour (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinion Count!

1. 5 (Best) (8 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. 4 (5 votes [35.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

3. 3 (1 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

4. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 G.Review

G.Review

Tour Winner

• Forum Review
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24339
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

What do you think?

Cleveland CG16 Tour.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Ajlepisto

Ajlepisto

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177842
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

These are nice. Smaller head. If you wanted to go into a player iron and you were afraid of some of the more demanding looking heads, this would be a good choice. You get some help. I got about 7 yards, and a nice high ball flight. The face looks interesting, esp with the wedge-like grooves. Not a bad club, just wasn't what I wanted. Not a HUGE difference between these and say, the TA7.

#3 samlax13

samlax13

nclax01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121756
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

I just got these irons this year...I was playing the Taylormade MB's and was looking for some more forgiveness without a huge head or offset.  These have fit the bill perfectly.  They don't appear to be the most popular irons as I don't see them hardly anywhere.  However, they are consistent on distance and the longer irons are relatively forgiving on mishits.  While not as soft on flush shots as the TM MB's, they do have a quality soft feel.  Much like Ajlepisto stated, if you are looking for a "players'" iron that isn't intimidating when you stand over it, these are a great option.

Edited by samlax13, 03 July 2012 - 08:55 PM.

910 D2 8.5*
RBZ Stage 2 15*
910h 19*
Cleveland CG16 Tour (3-PW)
White Ice Rossie
Vokey SM4 (52, 56)

#4 cmrl1986

cmrl1986

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95163
  • Ebay ID:cmrl1986
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

I was also looking for something to replace my Titleist ZM forged blades but with a bit more forgiveness. Im a 1.2 handicap and These are it. They have little offset, a nice compact head, and the feel is just as good to me as the blades were. I got the black pearls and I love the finish. As crazy as it sounds, the iron ho'ing is over. These are firmly in the bag, and aren't going anywhere. I don't understand how they don't get any attention from most players. They remind me of my older gunmetal set of TA3 form forged irons with just a little more forgiveness in the long irons. Perfect players set to me.
PING i20 8.5*stiff
Cleveland Launcher 2006 13*
Cleveland 588CB 3-PW w/S300
Cleveland 588 chrome 50*
Cleveland 588 RTG 56 & 62
Cleveland Classic milled #1

#5 Senna

Senna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208351
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Bought this a few weeks ago, had been looking for a compact head but with forgiveness, got them at a bargin price so couldn't refuse.
Mine are secondhand and the Black Pearl doesn't ware well, soles and lower half of face are very badly faded.  Wouldn't bother me but the guy who had them before me exchanged them for regular CG16 tours, so something to keep in mind.

#6 quarterskins

quarterskins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125452
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

I'm still something of a beginner to golf.  Started golfing regularly about 2.5 years ago using Ping Eye2s.  I wanted to try something with less offset and found some used CG1 blades real cheap.  I figured, what the heck, I'll try the other end of the spectrum.  I did find the old saw about the feedback from blades being informative about how one misses and helps to improve ball-striking focus to be true, and I think the blades helped to improve my ball-striking.  I went back and forth between the CG1s and Pings a bit then settled on the CG1s for quite a few months.  The main reason I favored the CG1s is that I liked the minimal offset.  I did golf a bit in the 70s and 80s, and my clubs back then were like that.

I started wanting new irons and eventually settled on the CG16 tours.  I liked the minimal offset.  I was a little worried about the sole grind, as one of the things I like about the CG1s is the thin sole being so versatile.  I picked up a new set of CG16 tours (stiff) for under $300 on Ebay about a month ago and have used them for 8 rounds since then.  I LOVE them!  I'm amazed that these clubs don't get more notice.  In the time that I've been playing these clubs I've already dropped my hcp index almost 2 points, and I've recorded my best score ever; broke 80 with a 79 hitting 13 GIR.

I will admit that I'm something of a Cleveland homer.  I started on Cleveland with a used SW and then added a gap and lob W.  Then I got a FL 3w, followed by a Classic driver.  I've liked all of these clubs, so it was kind of a natural to go with Cleveland on the new irons.  Plus, it's hard to beat the pricing available on such great irons.  Ping putter though!

FWIW, my index is 15.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors