Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

building am arm anchor putter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NevinW

NevinW

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76477
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

Other than Bobby Grace's website I haven't seen much info about building an arm anchor putter like Matt Kuchar's.  Any thoughts about how you would increase the loft of a belly putter to 6-8 degrees?  Anyone else besides Grace see one of these ready made?  -  Nevin

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 golfwrxnut

golfwrxnut

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36897
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:00 AM

View PostNevinW, on 11 October 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

Other than Bobby Grace's website I haven't seen much info about building an arm anchor putter like Matt Kuchar's.  Any thoughts about how you would increase the loft of a belly putter to 6-8 degrees?  Anyone else besides Grace see one of these ready made?  -  Nevin

I took a Belly Spider and basically turned the head open by about 15 and reset the mastic.  By doing so, the shaft angle turned forward and fits to my arm nicely. No more yips and saving about 6 strokes per round as a result. Best scoring move I've ever made!

#3 davekzg

davekzg

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:48 AM

if i were u id take ur regular putter forward press it and messure how far up your arm u want it to go to get the length right, then find whatever putter u want to use, extend it up, wack a belly grip on it then take it to a clubfitter and get him to fit the loft and lie. or just get the clubfitter to do the whole shabang. hth

#4 Kev-Golfnut61

Kev-Golfnut61

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 373 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73550
  • Ebay ID:kev-golfnut
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:01 AM

I have been talking to Bobby, and I am about to pull the trigger.  Really nice guy that doesn't mind answering even some of the smallest of questions for detail.  Here is his response to my question concerning loft.  

Kevin,
Your loft question is a good one.  Our putters do not have loft, they all have a radial face which works well with the arm putter.  What we do is to set up the putter with the shaft angle in a forward lean.  This does not change the angle of our face.  The radial remains the same but the shaft is completely different.  If you use it as a belly putter it will look about 5 degrees hooked.  

Thanks,
Kevin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors