Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Colt Knost testing new Callaway RAZR FIT Driver!!! First Pics...


128 replies to this topic

#1 GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  • Marshals
  • 4,184 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14
  • Joined: 04/01/2005

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:33 PM



Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
  • Joined: 02/09/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 681

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

It looks like the best of the Titleist Driver and the best of the Taylormade Driver in one.

#3 station2station

station2station

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93643
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1012

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

Like it - unsure about name...

#4 takingitdeep

takingitdeep

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93586
  • Joined: 09/02/2009
  • Location:Edina, MN
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

Grey is the best color! It goes with everything!! The driver looks good too!!

#5 tbarr15

tbarr15

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11394
  • Joined: 02/07/2006
  • Location:Asheville, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

Amazing looking club!!!

On another note, it's interesting that he has Nike pants on, a Footjoy glove, and is hitting Titleist golf balls.


#6 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Ryder.Cup. Sophie Horn

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 1924

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

Well, I'll try it.  I try everything.  It looks decent at least, but as a former Callaway acolyte, it needs to do a lot to supplant my R11 to even attempt to win me back.  Sadly, for me in recent years, there's been nothing to get excited about.

It does look at lot like the Titleist driver...

Edited by tbowles411, 03 October 2011 - 07:51 PM.


#7 tbomb

tbomb

    Wheel, Snipe, Party - Gongshow Hockey

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65826
  • Joined: 09/16/2008
  • Location:CANADA - EAST COAST
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

Congrats to Callaway with this new mind blowing technology....lol. It does pay tribute to Titleist, immatation is the best form of flattery.

Sweet looking club, I wonder what it sounds like? ala ft-9 would be awesome

#8 where did it go?

where did it go?

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140339
  • Joined: 09/28/2011
  • Location:Aiken, SC
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

Can not wait to try this out!

#9 punchdrunk

punchdrunk

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91274
  • Joined: 08/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

I do find it interesting that it looks so much like the Titleist system, you would think there would be patents galore on that.

#10 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1176

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

View Posttbowles411, on 03 October 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

Well, I'll try it.  I try everything.  It looks decent at least, but as a former Callaway acolyte, it needs to do a lot to supplant my R11 to even attempt to win me back.  Sadly, for me in recent years, there's been nothing to get excited about.

It does look at lot like the Titleist driver...
Traitor....


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 Bob57

Bob57

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103973
  • Joined: 02/25/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 192

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

Sure looks like a copy of the Titleist shaft adjust system...  The good part is it looks like they finally got rid of that hideous seam on the top.

Edited by Bob57, 03 October 2011 - 08:09 PM.


#12 Tiemco

Tiemco

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135403
  • Joined: 08/06/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

That head looks tiny......next to Colt's gut.

#13 dahn

dahn

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69259
  • Joined: 11/14/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:47 PM

Looks great...don't know if its been posted, but what is the stock shaft?

#14 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Ryder.Cup. Sophie Horn

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 1924

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 03 October 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

View Posttbowles411, on 03 October 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

Well, I'll try it.  I try everything.  It looks decent at least, but as a former Callaway acolyte, it needs to do a lot to supplant my R11 to even attempt to win me back.  Sadly, for me in recent years, there's been nothing to get excited about.

It does look at lot like the Titleist driver...
Traitor....
LOL!  Like I said, it needs to do a lot, but they always seem to fall...about 15 yards short!

#15 DTown3011

DTown3011

    #DTown3011

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,524 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59636
  • Joined: 07/05/2008
  • Location:Colorado
GolfWRX Likes : 199

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

Looks awesome.  I'm excited!

Wish someone would have taken some pictures in the playing position....

Edited by DTown3011, 03 October 2011 - 08:54 PM.

BBα 10.5 Tour AD MT-6x
X2Hot Pro 17 Kai'li 70x
X-Hot Pro 20 Tour AD DI-85s
X-Hot Pro #5-PW KBS Tour
MD2 Tour Grind 52/56/60 S400
Odyssey Tankified MXM-V #7 38"

#16 Foreleft

Foreleft

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3786
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Ebay ID:Iflyfishletort
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Looking at the adjustable ferrule, is there one more layer of adjustability over the Titleist?

#17 Big Ben

Big Ben

    Hall of Fame

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
  • Joined: 04/21/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 363

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

Looks very similar to the Titty tip, I'm sure this will be a sweet driver. Seems like the Adjustables are improving rapidly, I've been totally impressed with my 910 and R11 this season...BB

Edited by Big Ben, 03 October 2011 - 09:08 PM.

Ping i20
Cally XHot Pro
Titty 913H, Adams DHy, Titty 712u
Ping S55's
Titty TVD-M's, PVD
Machine M10A

#18 stopdog

stopdog

    Tour Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39086
  • Joined: 09/09/2007
  • Location:Encinitas, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

Wow it looks nice ! I like the shape of the face. Less than 460 cc it looks to be..

#19 BNich0622

BNich0622

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,946 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87233
  • Joined: 07/01/2009
  • Location:Vero Beach, FL
  • Ebay ID:BNich0622
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

Very sharp looking. That adapter hosel is identical looking to the Titleist 910
Big Bertha Alpha 9* w Speeder VC 6.0
X2 Hot 15* 3w/ Aldila Tour Blue 65s
X2 Hot 18* Hy/Aldila Tour Green 75s
Apex 3-PW UST Recoil 110 F5
Mack Daddy 2 52* & 58* C Grind
Metal X Milled 330 Mallet 34"

#20 gibbyfan

gibbyfan

    Do Work Son!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2969
  • Joined: 07/17/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

I'm in for it. I hope Callaway will have some great stock shafts and keep the ball speeds from some of the other drivers.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 jdmorris1980

jdmorris1980

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119767
  • Joined: 01/03/2011
  • Ebay ID:jdmorris1980
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

Wonder if you can use 910 shafts? That would be nice and make dumping money into shafts easier knowing you could use them in different oem heads.

#22 station2station

station2station

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93643
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1012

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

Colt's not missing many meals.

#23 The GreekGrind

The GreekGrind

    Invictus

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4403
  • Joined: 08/04/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

A local Cleveland, Ohio boy showing off the RAZR Fit driver.  I like it!  
It's going to be really hard choosing between the Fit and the Black.  

Or maybe not.  Both.   :pimp:

Edited by The GreekGrind, 03 October 2011 - 09:33 PM.


#24 G-Bone

G-Bone

    Better than most...

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,884 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50361
  • Joined: 03/01/2008
  • Location:Outskirts of Detroit, Rock City
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

View PostForeleft, on 03 October 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

Looking at the adjustable ferrule, is there one more layer of adjustability over the Titleist?

My understanding is actually less adjustability than 910.
Cobra Bio Cell+ 8.5º ~ AD DI
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 15º • 19º ~ AD GT
Adams Pro 20º ~ Tour Red ATX
Nike VR_S Forged 5–PW ~ SteelFiber
Scratch 51º • 57º • 63º ~ SteelFiber
Cameron CT Del Mar Buttonback (A026140)

#25 DTown3011

DTown3011

    #DTown3011

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,524 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59636
  • Joined: 07/05/2008
  • Location:Colorado
GolfWRX Likes : 199

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

View Postgibbyfan, on 03 October 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

I'm in for it. I hope Callaway will have some great stock shafts and keep the ball speeds from some of the other drivers.

The Tour AD DI that Colt has in the driver will finally be part of the custom options.

BBα 10.5 Tour AD MT-6x
X2Hot Pro 17 Kai'li 70x
X-Hot Pro 20 Tour AD DI-85s
X-Hot Pro #5-PW KBS Tour
MD2 Tour Grind 52/56/60 S400
Odyssey Tankified MXM-V #7 38"

#26 The GreekGrind

The GreekGrind

    Invictus

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4403
  • Joined: 08/04/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

View PostDTown3011, on 03 October 2011 - 09:48 PM, said:

View Postgibbyfan, on 03 October 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

I'm in for it. I hope Callaway will have some great stock shafts and keep the ball speeds from some of the other drivers.

The Tour AD DI that Colt has in the driver will finally be part of the custom options.

And not an outrageous price either.   :clapping:

#27 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Ryder.Cup. Sophie Horn

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 1924

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

View PostG-Bone, on 03 October 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

View PostForeleft, on 03 October 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

Looking at the adjustable ferrule, is there one more layer of adjustability over the Titleist?

My understanding is actually less adjustability than 910.
If that's the case, then why bother if it's bringing less adjustability than a Titty or a TM?  It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight!

#28 G-Bone

G-Bone

    Better than most...

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,884 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50361
  • Joined: 03/01/2008
  • Location:Outskirts of Detroit, Rock City
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

View Posttbowles411, on 03 October 2011 - 09:48 PM, said:

View PostG-Bone, on 03 October 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

View PostForeleft, on 03 October 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

Looking at the adjustable ferrule, is there one more layer of adjustability over the Titleist?

My understanding is actually less adjustability than 910.
If that's the case, then why bother if it's bringing less adjustability than a Titty or a TM?  It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight!

Understand your point. I'm told Cally is claiming adjustabilty with  the shaft without actually turning the shaft. Also the weights, do to location and carbon technology, have a greater effect on ball flight than anything TaylorMade offers.
Cobra Bio Cell+ 8.5º ~ AD DI
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 15º • 19º ~ AD GT
Adams Pro 20º ~ Tour Red ATX
Nike VR_S Forged 5–PW ~ SteelFiber
Scratch 51º • 57º • 63º ~ SteelFiber
Cameron CT Del Mar Buttonback (A026140)

#29 BNich0622

BNich0622

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,946 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87233
  • Joined: 07/01/2009
  • Location:Vero Beach, FL
  • Ebay ID:BNich0622
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:17 PM

View PostG-Bone, on 03 October 2011 - 09:56 PM, said:

View Posttbowles411, on 03 October 2011 - 09:48 PM, said:

View PostG-Bone, on 03 October 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

View PostForeleft, on 03 October 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

Looking at the adjustable ferrule, is there one more layer of adjustability over the Titleist?

My understanding is actually less adjustability than 910.
If that's the case, then why bother if it's bringing less adjustability than a Titty or a TM?  It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight!

Understand your point. I'm told Cally is claiming adjustabilty with  the shaft without actually turning the shaft. Also the weights, do to location and carbon technology, have a greater effect on ball flight than anything TaylorMade offers.

Pretty cool. So instead of the only one band rotating like on the 910, both bands rotate on the adjustable hosel, so no matter the setting you can graphics face down or at all point you would like? Am I understanding this correctly?

Is all of this true, or just marketing speak?
Big Bertha Alpha 9* w Speeder VC 6.0
X2 Hot 15* 3w/ Aldila Tour Blue 65s
X2 Hot 18* Hy/Aldila Tour Green 75s
Apex 3-PW UST Recoil 110 F5
Mack Daddy 2 52* & 58* C Grind
Metal X Milled 330 Mallet 34"

#30 MG 1977

MG 1977

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42445
  • Joined: 11/18/2007
  • Location:manchester, UK.
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

View PostBNich0622, on 03 October 2011 - 10:17 PM, said:

View PostG-Bone, on 03 October 2011 - 09:56 PM, said:

View Posttbowles411, on 03 October 2011 - 09:48 PM, said:

View PostG-Bone, on 03 October 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

View PostForeleft, on 03 October 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

Looking at the adjustable ferrule, is there one more layer of adjustability over the Titleist?

My understanding is actually less adjustability than 910.
If that's the case, then why bother if it's bringing less adjustability than a Titty or a TM?  It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight!

Understand your point. I'm told Cally is claiming adjustabilty with  the shaft without actually turning the shaft. Also the weights, do to location and carbon technology, have a greater effect on ball flight than anything TaylorMade offers.

Pretty cool. So instead of the only one band rotating like on the 910, both bands rotate on the adjustable hosel, so no matter the setting you can graphics face down or at all point you would like? Am I understanding this correctly?

Is all of this true, or just marketing speak?

Thats how I understand it. One band alters loft, one alters lie and the 3rd just spins the shaft so it can be set up with graphics/spine how you want it no matter how the playing positions are set up.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors