Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Non-conforming 3 woods

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 semi

semi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138552
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:01 AM

Hi - I can find a list of non-conforming driver heads but nothing for 3 woods or fairway woods...I find it hard to believe that all fairway woods (3 woods) are conforming.  I have purchased a second hand 3 wood and I would like to check and make sure it is conforming before I put it into my son's bag.  Does anyone have any information with regards to this?

Thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 eqman

eqman

Whynot

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124602
  • Ebay ID:No oob
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:13 AM

You know I could be wrong with this I believe there was never a COR rule made for fairway woods but something keeps telling me that it`s not correct, I think there was a conversation about that some years back, anyway someone will come in with the correct info.

#3 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

AKA Jay.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23410
  • Handicap:+6.0
  • Ebay ID:RRFireblade
GolfWRX Likes : 1123

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Try This....

http://www.usga.org/...ubsDB/index.asp
RFE 8.5* XS
RHT #3 XS
Cally MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally Forged 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

#4 vinny809

vinny809

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109748
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:40 PM

Im not sure how you can make a nonconforming 3 wood.  Make it 49", w a 500cc head, shave the face and name it a 3 wood maybe.

#5 wfrogge1

wfrogge1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88478
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

Rumor is the TEE 3 woods would be non-conforming if there was a test

#6 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
GolfWRX Likes : 807

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought 3 woods fell under the same rules as drivers.  I know Wishon had some 3 woods at the COR limit, but I'm not aware of any over.

And speaking of the COR limit, it's more difficult to get the spring effect off a small sized face such as on a 3 wood.  Even if the club head does approach the limit, only the very center would do so.

#7 semi

semi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:02 PM

View PostRRFireblade, on 10 September 2011 - 02:27 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply and link but this site only checks clubs for conforming groove limits - that's the way I understand it.  

What I don't get is...if there are no say 3 woods that are non-conforming, why don't they just say it somewhere?  

Very frustrating!

#8 semi

semi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

View Postsemi, on 10 September 2011 - 06:01 AM, said:

Hi - I can find a list of non-conforming driver heads but nothing for 3 woods or fairway woods...I find it hard to believe that all fairway woods (3 woods) are conforming.  I have purchased a second hand 3 wood and I would like to check and make sure it is conforming before I put it into my son's bag.  Does anyone have any information with regards to this?

Thanks
I found this mentioned on some website that they were talking about non-conforming 3 woods...the funny thing is that's the club I purchased.  I have also read that any club with a degree of 15 & 13  or less had to meet the standards...but this is just what people are saying - I'd like to see some hard facts...

Every club, so you can theoretically make .830 9-iron.

If there are nonconforming woods then it will likely be titanium  faced. The Tour Edge Exotics XCG fairway wood is maxed at .830 COR.  

#9 semi

semi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

View Postsemi, on 10 September 2011 - 06:01 AM, said:

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am very surprised that it is that hard to find information on whether a club is conforming or not...one would think that this information would be readily available...it's a bit unbelievable to me! I guess if other people have questions about conforming clubs and can't find an answer  just play them or buy something new...

Thanks

#10 abc

abc

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106115
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:37 PM

View Postwfrogge1, on 10 September 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

Rumor is the TEE 3 woods would be non-conforming if there was a test

Highly doubtful.

If it's true, then I can kiss my chances of playing in the US Open goodbye.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors