Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Advantages of Center Shafted Putter?

37 replies to this topic

#31 DK<80

DK<80

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447070
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

For those of you who've been gaming a cs putter for a while....have you tried going back to a traditional heel shafted putter?

I went to PGA superstore recently to try some putters for fun and wow I couldn't hit any of them straight!  Grabbed a cs off the rack and it just looked better and I rolled the putts better.  Not sure if this is because the cs is right for me or if it just happened over time?

Titleist 905T 10.5°
Titleist 915F 16.5°
TaylorMade r9 19°
Titleist 712 AP2 (4-PW)
Cleveland 588 RTG (54°, 60°, 64°)
Cleveland HB #6c

***Clubs in Rotation***
- TaylorMade SLDR 430 12°
- Titleist 905R 9.5°
- Nike Method Core MC-4iX

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 KaBoom21

KaBoom21

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13233
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:24 PM

View PostSCOTT4099, on 13 April 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

Iím right eye dominant so does that mean I should sell my Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 putter?
Definitely.

#33 SwingMan

SwingMan

SwingMan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2726
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1046

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:31 PM

Are you aiming it where you think you're aiming it?

That's the test.
"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Golf Series 17 LKP  ● Callaway Rogue 4, 5 wd/GD AD F 55/65, ● TE Exotics EX10 GD ADHY 65 ● PXG 0311 XF 5-PW/Mitsu OT 75,  Miura Y Grind 50, K Grind 55, 59 Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 ● Directed Force Reno ● Callaway CS  ● Cart: Stewart Golf RS-1; Irons/Wedges built by Frank VIola @ www.aceofclubstp.com

#34 Kmac

Kmac

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125246
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:47 AM

View PostDK<80, on 13 April 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

For those of you who've been gaming a cs putter for a while....have you tried going back to a traditional heel shafted putter?

I went to PGA superstore recently to try some putters for fun and wow I couldn't hit any of them straight!  Grabbed a cs off the rack and it just looked better and I rolled the putts better.  Not sure if this is because the cs is right for me or if it just happened over time?

I picked up a limited SC 5MBS which is CS last year to help my putting. I read around here and online that if you putt SBST a CS putter will usually fit you well. It immediately helped my putting. Being a club ho I have tried going away from it a few times and its always a huge struggle. Saturday I played in a tournament with a Spider Tour to the tune of 40 putts. I mean I probably would have only had 39 with the CS, lol. But I do find I lose something when I go away from the CS putter. Its weird.

#35 gioguy21

gioguy21

Habitual Line Stepper

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3662

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:59 AM

View PostKmac, on 16 April 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

I picked up a limited SC 5MBS which is CS last year to help my putting. I read around here and online that if you putt SBST a CS putter will usually fit you well. It immediately helped my putting. Being a club ho I have tried going away from it a few times and its always a huge struggle. Saturday I played in a tournament with a Spider Tour to the tune of 40 putts. I mean I probably would have only had 39 with the CS, lol. But I do find I lose something when I go away from the CS putter. Its weird.
i have to say - this man has owned so many different putter types, brands, styles, etc...if he says the CS putter was a better fit for him, i believe it.

M3 460 10.5 / Kuro Kage XD 60TX

M4 3W / GD IZ 7X Tipped 1/2"

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini Black Slant / 35"

TP5x #1 "GIO"

2018 Shaft Shootout:

Even Flow White T1100 75 6.5

#36 DK<80

DK<80

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447070
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

Relieved to hear I'm not the only one.  Sorry to hear about your 40 putts!  I owned a Spider Tour for a brief stint while I was transitioning into the CS and it was the sweetest looking yet worst performing putter for me ever.  I know there are great reviews about it but for a more SBST stroke, it felt like a heavy swinging door.  One that ALWAYS opened and closed!  Does put a nice tight roll on the ball though.

I am not in love with my Cleveland HB #6c. But I am afraid I will have to commit to it until I can afford a CS that I really want.  I have seen some sweet Bettinardi CS putters, saving up for one...
Titleist 905T 10.5°
Titleist 915F 16.5°
TaylorMade r9 19°
Titleist 712 AP2 (4-PW)
Cleveland 588 RTG (54°, 60°, 64°)
Cleveland HB #6c

***Clubs in Rotation***
- TaylorMade SLDR 430 12°
- Titleist 905R 9.5°
- Nike Method Core MC-4iX

#37 Kmac

Kmac

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

View Postgioguy21, on 16 April 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

i have to say - this man has owned so many different putter types, brands, styles, etc...if he says the CS putter was a better fit for him, i believe it.

haha I think I've had a different putter each time we have played  every time we have played

#38 Kmac

Kmac

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

View PostDK<80, on 16 April 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

Relieved to hear I'm not the only one.  Sorry to hear about your 40 putts!  I owned a Spider Tour for a brief stint while I was transitioning into the CS and it was the sweetest looking yet worst performing putter for me ever.  I know there are great reviews about it but for a more SBST stroke, it felt like a heavy swinging door.  One that ALWAYS opened and closed!  Does put a nice tight roll on the ball though.

I am not in love with my Cleveland HB #6c. But I am afraid I will have to commit to it until I can afford a CS that I really want.  I have seen some sweet Bettinardi CS putters, saving up for one...

Biggest issue with the Spider for me is distance control and the feel or lack of feel.

Also, I have to love my putter and love how it looks or I stray very easily. The Scotty was stupid expensive but its badass looking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors