Ping Eye 2 Sand Wedge
Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:07 PM
Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:15 PM
It's a question that I've always been asked..
Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:23 PM
Features and identifying markings:
* "V" groove models manufactured from 1982 through Summer 1984, identified by PAT. PENDING in cavity and KARSTEN MFG CORP PHOENIX AZ 85068 U.S.A. upside-down on back of top rail.
* Eye2 Lite models introduced in 1984, identified by PAT. PENDING in cavity and KARSTEN PHOENIX AZ 85068 U.S.A. right-side-up on back of top rail.
* "U" groove models manufactured from Fall 1984 to Fall 1985, identified by U.S. PAT. D276644 OTHERS PEND. in cavity.
* Radiused "U" groove models manufactured from Fall 1985 to March, 1990, identified by U.S. PAT. D276644 and 4.512.577 in cavity.
* Modified "U" groove models manufactured after April, 1990 identifed by dot beneath patent numbers in cavity.
* "New EYE2" models with reshaped soles, increased perimeter weighting, less bounce in wedges, and stronger lofts than the original EYE2 were first introduced in November of 1989. Identified by U.S. Pat. 4.512.577 and 4.621.813 in cavity, club heads produced before March 31, 1990 had no "+" in the cavity.
* In April of 1990, a "+" was added to the cavity, and this model became the EYE2+.
Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:37 PM
...and this stuff is really easy to find on pinggolf.com.
Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:41 AM
when i ordered another sand wedge for my back up Eye 2 square grooves and giving Ping the serial number the new old stock sw was 55* and then i ordered another sw to match first set cos stupid me lost it...the replacement sw was again 55*
Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:37 PM
Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:48 PM
Original EYE2 SW for my LW.
EYE2+ SW for bunkers.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users