Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

HISTORY LESSON: Crazy PGA Championship Finishes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Hennessey

Steve Hennessey

• Golf Digest Publications
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135126
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:37 AM

We all remember Dustin Johnson's ordeal at Whistling Straits last year, but do you remember who hit a perfect 7-iron on the 72nd hole of the 2003 PGA Championship? How about who stole a major championship from Colin Montgomerie in 1995 at Riviera?

GolfDigest.com's Alex Myers broke down some of the most memorable PGA Championship finishes in a slide show: The PGA Championship's Craziest Finishes

TELL US: Which one was the most memorable finish? Read Alex's slide show and sound off below!

And remember to check back with Golf Digest throughout the week for comprehensive coverage of golf's final major championship.

----

Follow me on Twitter: @s_hennessey

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 knickerbocker

knickerbocker

Pipe Dreamer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118635
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:55 AM

Recently, the PGA has had some great finishes.  The last three have been really good.  I think the Sergio/Paddy battle at Oakland Hills should be on that list.  Paddy made some great putts coming down at the end.  Sergio hitting the pin on 15 and getting hosed and then choking on 16 over shadowed the shots they both hit on 17.
SLDR TP 10.5 with Oban Devo 6
Callaway Xhot Pro 15 and 19
Ping i25 with C-Taper S 3-W
Ping Gorge Wedges 52 and 58
Bettinardi Sig Series 5

#3 cheeks

cheeks

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60188
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:50 AM

Any of you not old enough to watch Greg Norman get "Twayed" at the '86 PGA and then get "Mized" in the very next major missed one of the most incredulous one-two punches in the history of golf.  

Something that just made you shake your head if you saw both live as they unfolded, which I did.  Unbelievable stuff.
Mizuno MP-650 10.5* Driver, Orochi Red
MP-650 3w 15*, hybrid 19*,Orochi Red S
MP-H4 3-4 Dynalite Gold XP S300
MP-64 5-PW Dynalite Gold XP S300
MP-R12 52* and 56*, DG Spinner
T.P. Mills Softtail

#4 Roland of Gilead

Roland of Gilead

Long days and pleasant nights.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123023
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

View PostSteve Hennessey, on 09 August 2011 - 07:37 AM, said:

We all remember Dustin Johnson's ordeal at Whistling Straits last year, but do you remember who hit a perfect 7-iron on the 72nd hole of the 2003 PGA Championship?

Shaun Micheel. Might not be the correct spelling.

#5 knickerbocker

knickerbocker

Pipe Dreamer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118635
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

View Postcheeks, on 09 August 2011 - 08:50 AM, said:

Any of you not old enough to watch Greg Norman get "Twayed" at the '86 PGA and then get "Mized" in the very next major missed one of the most incredulous one-two punches in the history of golf.  

Something that just made you shake your head if you saw both live as they unfolded, which I did.  Unbelievable stuff.

I remember that.  Also throw in 86 Masters and getting beat by a 46 year old shooting 30 on the back nine.

Edited by knickerbocker, 09 August 2011 - 10:44 AM.

SLDR TP 10.5 with Oban Devo 6
Callaway Xhot Pro 15 and 19
Ping i25 with C-Taper S 3-W
Ping Gorge Wedges 52 and 58
Bettinardi Sig Series 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors