Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Taylormade XD LDP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tbarlow11

tbarlow11

Boom Shaka Laka

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133868
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

Has anyone ever played this ball consistently?

I found one of these practically brand new on the course and I pulled it out of my bag one afternoon and started playing with it. I was getting great spin off full iron shots (I don't spin the ball well normally and I was getting short irons to back up and mid-long irons to stop dead) and a great piercing ball flight.  Driver shots were balooning with backspin a little bit but I didn't notice much distance loss.

I looked this up after playing them and they're a cheap $15/dozen ball but I got some great performance with it.

Anyone ever played or tried these? Are they any good, or did I just happen to be striping the ball that day?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 jswaykos

jswaykos

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122756
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

Ha, I found one of these looking particularly brand new, too.  Never even heard of them before.  I played it for a few holes and it seemed fine - nothing special one way or the other.

#3 storm319

storm319

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99866
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

Cheap 2-piece ball that TM sells at big box retailers like Walmart, Target, Costco, etc. Similar compression & construction to the Burner LDP with the standard 342 dimple pattern of the Burner TP LDP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors