Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Why do pictures take so long to upload on here

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rodney24

rodney24

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54915
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

I would like to know if I am doing something wrong or it is just slow in general. It is taking me like 3-5 minutes to upload 1 picture at a time. I am click on select file, click the one that I want to upload, then go to attach file then it takes 3-5 minutes for it to process. Can anyone help me with this it is ridiculous.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 J.W.

J.W.

Made For or Real Deal?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,981 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32437
GolfWRX Likes : 1522

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

It takes me like 15 seconds to upload.  If you want, head over to eBay their photos upload instantly.  The fees might be worth the wait here though...aka quit complaining.
913D2 & G25 4W
S55 Irons
Vokey 50, 55, 60
GoLo N5 LE
WITB Link

#3 Breaker999

Breaker999

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30417
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

Try uploading smaller jpegs, it may help.  I set my camera setting to the second smallest frame size.  Takes 30 seconds for me to upload a 3 MB photo which is a long wait these days.  I hope golfwrx speeds it up.

#4 rodney24

rodney24

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54915
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:23 PM

ya my pictures are coming up at 6.5mb when I go searching for the pictures I am wanting to upload, I figured this was most likely the problem. i need to see what I can do to make them smaller i guess.

#5 Guia

Guia

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97501
GolfWRX Likes : 422

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

Indiana is known to have slow electricity.  :wave:

#6 Gxgolfer

Gxgolfer

Site Founder & Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • 14,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11
GolfWRX Likes : 197

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

An advanced member has a 20 Mb limit for uploads.  That would mean you could only upload 3 pics.  To remove pics, manage your attachements here:
http://www.golfwrx.c...rea=attachments

The avg size pic should be around 75 to 100 k.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

#7 vinny809

vinny809

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109748
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:59 PM

The better question is why does golfwrx always have server crashes?  Its time to upgrade bandwidth / capacity capabilities.

#8 Gxgolfer

Gxgolfer

Site Founder & Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • 14,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11
GolfWRX Likes : 197

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:07 AM

View Postvinny809, on 04 August 2011 - 11:59 PM, said:

The better question is why does golfwrx always have server crashes?  Its time to upgrade bandwidth / capacity capabilities.

We have had a substantial increase in traffic recently as well as security issues.  The current hosting provider cannot handle our architecture and we are moving to a new provider at the end of the month.  

5 Servers support this site now.  We are moving to an architecture that we can spin up more servers at will.  The cost to run this site now is well above six figures, for those that help to support the site.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

#9 vinny809

vinny809

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109748
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:39 AM

View PostGxgolfer, on 05 August 2011 - 12:07 AM, said:

View Postvinny809, on 04 August 2011 - 11:59 PM, said:

We have had a substantial increase in traffic recently as well as security issues.  The current hosting provider cannot handle our architecture and we are moving to a new provider at the end of the month.  

5 Servers support this site now.  We are moving to an architecture that we can spin up more servers at will.  The cost to run this site now is well above six figures, for those that help to support the site.

That's crazy, didn't realize how much it cost to run a message board.  I just did my part and joined ClubWRX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors