Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Burner Superfast 2.0 Driver

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mjohns1126

mjohns1126

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79638
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

Played a casual round with a friend of mine the other day and happened to try his new driver, theTaylormade Superfast Burner 2.0 which he had been fitted for at Golf Galaxy last week. Although it felt muted when I hit it, it seemed to fly a good ten yards farther than my current driver, a Razrhawk, same loft 10.5*. After hitting it several times I will be off to my local golf store to try one out in the launch monitor.I had gone to a Taylormade demo day but only tried the R11's which I did not care for at all.Any of you out there who have this driver, any insights and opinions appreciated. I may be trading my Callaway soon if my experience in the launch monitor bears the same results as on the course.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 svs

svs

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119235
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

I wouldn't be suprised if you still get 10 more yards during your demo.

This club is the real deal as far as distance goes. One of the longest (if not the) longest drivers out there.

There's more to a driver than distance obviously,(feel, forgiveness, etc) so it may not be the driver for you depending on your opinion on this.

If it's length you want, no doubt this is one club to try!

I currently have the 2.0 in a Matrix Radix shaft and absolutley love it! All around a solid club for me.
I'm playing it at 45" , as the stock shaft is just way to long for me at 46.5".  ( you can always just butt trim the shaft down).

Good luck in your venture. Wish I could give you my comparison on both drivers, but I have not personally hit the Razrhawk.

Edited by svs, 04 August 2011 - 07:22 PM.

#3 bmorejared

bmorejared

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128405
  • Ebay ID:jaredbmore1972
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

I gave up my R11 for it. I picked up about 25 yards on average, but that was my main issue with the R11, lack of distance (at least for me). I don't know why you want to go to a launch monitor when you got a chance to see the real results on the course. I just don't put too much faith in launch monitors. I have too often seen "near perfect" numbers that didn't translate when you get to see the actual ball flight.

#4 mjohns1126

mjohns1126

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79638
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

View Postbmorejared, on 04 August 2011 - 07:15 PM, said:

I gave up my R11 for it. I picked up about 25 yards on average, but that was my main issue with the R11, lack of distance (at least for me). I don't know why you want to go to a launch monitor when you got a chance to see the real results on the course. I just don't put too much faith in launch monitors. I have too often seen "near perfect" numbers that didn't translate when you get to see the actual ball flight.

Thanks for your response. I know what you mean about launch monitors. I am going to bring my current driver in with me to try side by side so to speak to get a better comparison.

#5 boycer11

boycer11

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80867
  • Ebay ID:mboyce1249
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

Are we talking about the standard model or tp?

#6 bmorejared

bmorejared

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128405
  • Ebay ID:jaredbmore1972
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:09 PM

I understand wanting to double check, but even if the monitor says that your Cally performs better, you are still going to have it in the back of your mind that you hit the Superfast 10 yards longer in real world conditions. I just wouldn't give Golf Galaxy 30 bucks to check those numbers. It was my intention to ditch the R11 for a Titleist 910. I went to a demo day at an open range and the Titleist guy had a launch monitor and we tuned it in until the numbers were near perfect. The problem was that the ball flight wasn't really living up to what I expected from near perfect numbers. I was still sold on the 910, but just for the sake of my TM loyalty I went to the TM rep and tried out a 2.0. He didn't have a launch monitor, but I was just amazed at how consistent and long the ball flight was, at least for my 15 HC. I bought the 2.0 right away with the stock stiff shaft and I couldn't be happier. I have talked up the 2.0 a lot on this forum and to others, but I have never hit a better driver.

#7 SparkyC

SparkyC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86836
  • Ebay ID:mfcullen
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:26 PM

I play the SF 2.0 TP, switched from the G15.  I went to a demo day and hit the R11 with every shaft they offered.  Then hit the SF 2.0 and loved it, then hit the TP and was instantly sold.  I am a 9, miss plenty, but this thing is unreal, low spin, pretty forgiving, ungodly long when struck pure.  I highly recommend the SF 2.0, TP might not be for everyone but I have taken the left side out completely unless I come way over the top.

#8 chocoboy

chocoboy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60804
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:22 AM

With a 46.5 shaft, I doubt you can find anything in the current market that would outdrive the SF2.0. That's of course assuming that you hit it dead center most of the time. I have one as well for the reason that I was able to hit it longer than my previous driver. But after a couple of rounds I started noticing that my drives were all over the place. I think I'm having a hard time squaring the face upon impact since I use to hit my drivers at 44.75 Now, I have decided to cut the shaft a bit to 45... lets see if it still outdrives my previous driver.

#9 chm11

chm11

SHOOTAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134116
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:36 AM

I really donít think you can go wrong with this driver. I tested it alongside the razrhawk and the 910 D2.  To me the SF 2.0 felt the best by far. It was also the longest by 10-15 yards every shot.  After playing a few rounds and practicing a lot, I was a little inconsistent as far as direction compared to my previous driver, a Ping G15, so I went and had the shaft trimmed down an inch to match the G15. I experienced a slight loss in distance but it was much easier to control and hit straight. Still hit it longer than the G15 by a good 10 yards.
PING i20 8.5 TFC-707
PING i15 14* Proforce V2
Titleist 910h 19* Diamana Ahina
Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 3-PW S300
PING Tour Gorge SS 54*, 60*
Mizuno/T.P. Mills TPM 5

#10 svs

svs

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119235
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:59 AM

View Postchm11, on 05 August 2011 - 02:36 AM, said:

I really donít think you can go wrong with this driver. I tested it alongside the razrhawk and the 910 D2.  To me the SF 2.0 felt the best by far. It was also the longest by 10-15 yards every shot.  After playing a few rounds and practicing a lot, I was a little inconsistent as far as direction compared to my previous driver, a Ping G15, so I went and had the shaft trimmed down an inch to match the G15. I experienced a slight loss in distance but it was much easier to control and hit straight. Still hit it longer than the G15 by a good 10 yards.

Nice to hear your still hitting it farther than your previous club, even after trimming an inch.
I'm sure this will help people that are on the fence about trimming there 2.0.

Seem's like this has come up a lot recently?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 alexthegrrr8

alexthegrrr8

Aim high....score low!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4338
  • Ebay ID:cobragolffan

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

View Postbmorejared, on 04 August 2011 - 07:15 PM, said:

I hear ya loud and clear.

I picked up my TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 (non TP) last week and the love in for TM has been on since. At my home course I'm placing more balls in the fairway and in places that I never used to. I loved my Hi Bore XL Tour but the thing is long. I picked up the same 25-30 yards on drives and my driving avg is way up. Could also be the swing changes taking effect that my coach and I have worked diligently on since February.

Alex

#12 SwingMan

SwingMan

SwingMan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2726
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

Havent' bought a driver in  3 years, and haven't owned a TM product in about 10 years, so I bought 2 - TM Superfast 2.0 10.5 and HT. Actually, I traded in a bunch of old clubs to get the two -- I'm older than most of you and not as consistent -- so a HT driver may work best on tighter holes for me. I did compare it with a RazrHawk - and while the RH is a fine driver, I preferred the feel/sound of the TM product. Because of the .350 tip, I chose a regular flex shaft, knowing that if I cut that driver down an inch or so, it will stiffen up while bringing the swingweight down to a reasonable number (from D9 OEM specs).

Only on the range, but I found that gripping down 1-1.5 inches gave me better center contact and consistency. The smaller grip (from gripping down) also helped close the face (my hands are not quick).

First impressions are that it doesn't have the spring-like feel of the Rapture V2, but it goes well and consistently, and long.  The HT does not go as high as the Razr Hawk, which I prefer. Since my SS is probably low 90's at best, at the moment, and not quick, the stock shaft works well.

Good luck.
Callaway is trending up

#13 rebfactor

rebfactor

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46142
  • Ebay ID:rebfactor

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

for some reason I never hit this driver that long and the face felt hard - like a callaway driver - not that soft feel you normally get from a taylor made driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors