Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

True Temper Tour Protoype Iron (code name: Monaco)

59 replies to this topic

#1 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 758 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8549
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

Hello Wrxers.

Here is a brief overview of what the TT Tour Prototype iron shaft is and the details around its availability. Like most new shaft threads there are a lot of "how does this compare to" questions being asked and the best answer is this shaft doesn't compare to any other shaft on the market. Here's why:

The “Tour-only” TT Tour Prototype is the pinnacle of shaft design and technology.  It encompasses everything that True Temper has learned about trajectory control and shot precision into a one-of-a kind package.

Each individual shaft in the set has been specifically designed to optimize shot trajectory and spin for that particular clubhead.  The result is a set of iron shafts delivering flight trajectory control to a level previously unthinkable.

* First shaft ever developed with VARIABLE TIP DESIGN in EVERY individual shaft in the set (3, 4, 5, etc) producing unequalled trajectory control in each individual club.

* Unique step pattern geometry for each iron in the set delivers pinpoint spin optimization throughout the bag.

* Proprietary anti-glare copper technology reduces hot spots on shaft maximizing shot focus and concentration.

Supply is extremely limited as there are only 1000 sets left in existence and no more will be produced. These shafts will be made available exclusively through our Performance Fitting Center dealers. Visit www.performancefittingcenter.com to find a dealer near you and pre-book a set or two today. Dealers will have them by mid September. Pricing is $320 for a set of 3-pw.

Shaft Specs:

S  flex 122g
X  flex 127g
TX flex 135g

These shafts are taper (.355) tip only. Ball flight will be variable through the set. Player swing profiles will determine spin rates.

If you aren't one of the lucky winners you still have an opportunity to put these one-of-a-kind shafts in your irons. But don't wait too long, supply is limited! Only 1000 sets exist.

TTS

WI Don's Bag Dr- Grafalloy Boost, FWs- PXv Tour 52 Hy- PX LZ HY Prototypes, Irons- DG Pro WI Bill's Bag DR- PX LZ Proto, FW- PX 7D3 HY- PX HD2, Irons- DG PRO Blk finish

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 CarloGolfer

CarloGolfer

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53165
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

Why are you only releasing 1000 sets?

#3 Obsessotron

Obsessotron

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64793
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

View PostCarloGolfer, on 25 July 2011 - 04:52 PM, said:

Why are you only releasing 1000 sets?

Good question, there has to be a bigger market for tinted steel shafts out there. It's been decades with one basic color!

#4 bfizzy

bfizzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27760
  • Ebay ID:dont have one
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

According to the website the only Performance Fitting Center's are in Georgia. We can't order these through an authorized True Temper dealer?

#5 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 758 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

View Postbfizzy, on 25 July 2011 - 05:44 PM, said:

According to the website the only Performance Fitting Center's are in Georgia. We can't order these through an authorized True Temper dealer?

The default listing is one of our dealer spotlights in Georgia. If you enter your zip code you can see everyone within 60 or more miles.

We are only releasing 1000 sets due to the complexities and cost involved in manufacturing these shafts.

TTS

WI Don's Bag Dr- Grafalloy Boost, FWs- PXv Tour 52 Hy- PX LZ HY Prototypes, Irons- DG Pro WI Bill's Bag DR- PX LZ Proto, FW- PX 7D3 HY- PX HD2, Irons- DG PRO Blk finish

#6 bfizzy

bfizzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27760
  • Ebay ID:dont have one

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

View PostTrueTemper, on 25 July 2011 - 05:57 PM, said:

The default listing is one of our dealer spotlights in Georgia. If you enter your zip code you can see everyone within 60 or more miles.

We are only releasing 1000 sets due to the complexities and cost involved in manufacturing these shafts.

TTS

Thank you for the info! I was entering in my Zip Code as well as a few other in Southern California, doesn't seem like there is any around me :(

#7 ZBigStick

ZBigStick

It's Good to be the Champ!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13111
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for the info, for the lucky few to get their hands on these!

Hopefully TT is working on reducing the cost of manufacturing these so that they may resurface as a production model.

It seems odd that; "The “Tour-only” TT Tour Prototype is the pinnacle of shaft design and technology.", yet TT only wants to make 1000?

I have always played TT in my irons but as for my next set I would hope that I could find the pinnacle of shaft design and technology for me.  Should I look elsewhere as TT is not interested in producing their best product possible?
Callaway FT Tour 10.5 X-Con 5
Callaway X2-Hot Pro 15 Diamana Blue 83
Callaway X2-Hot Pro 20hy Kuro Kage 80
Callaway X-Proto 24, Apex Pro 5-A PXi
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 54/58 PX
Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra

#8 Mookie91

Mookie91

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47817
  • Handicap:8.1
  • Ebay ID:golfmookie
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:36 PM

I may get flamed for this but I have been waiting so long for these shafts because the performance seems well thought out and let's bee real the copper color is cool.  That being said the, "get while they're hot because we only made 1000" has really turned me off.  I have been playing Super Peening Blues and really love them but thought about giving TT another shot in a new set but man oh man I feel this situation is so lame.
Taylormade RBZ 9.5 Aldila Protopype
Taylormade RBZ 12.25 UST V2 85
Titleist 712U
Callaway X Forgd 09/Wilson FG Tour 100
Cleveland 588/Cobra Trusty/Cleveland 900
Odyssey Tank #7

#9 flightpath

flightpath

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123058
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

I have to agree that if they are so great why only 1000 sets? if they are that great it would seem you would make as many as you can. As for me with this info being released I will pass on a set seeing how I smell something fishy here.

#10 Mizgoodie

Mizgoodie

golf happy! golf good!

• 1,781 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45596
  • Handicap:10.8
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

View Postflightpath, on 25 July 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

I have to agree that if they are so great why only 1000 sets? if they are that great it would seem you would make as many as you can. As for me with this info being released I will pass on a set seeing how I smell something fishy here.

they probably made a run of one thousand to test they have been on tour for a couple of years , and only two players using them.   so maybe the tech will go into a different shaft....  if it was a putter people would be climb over each other to get  one....., do to it being a flighted shaft if might only fit a small numbers of players and with the cost of making them TT wouldn't be able to make money in the long run..
  just look at the number of tc's you see  the market for a smooth flighted shaft is small..

Edited by Mizgoodie, 25 July 2011 - 09:00 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 AlexCzervic

AlexCzervic

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88805
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

View PostMookie91, on 25 July 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

I may get flamed for this but I have been waiting so long for these shafts because the performance seems well thought out and let's bee real the copper color is cool.  That being said the, "get while they're hot because we only made 1000" has really turned me off.  I have been playing Super Peening Blues and really love them but thought about giving TT another shot in a new set but man oh man I feel this situation is so lame.

If they sell like hot cakes and get good review, probably will be more.  If not, same fate as that turd KBS dropped b4 the c-taper.  Its not like there gonna make 500,000  sets and cross their fingers.  

AC

#12 Dillinger

Dillinger

Cagolfer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120807
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

Any golf shop that deals with true temper can order. I called my local fitter and he had his rep get my order in on Friday.

#13 Howard Jones

Howard Jones

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100881
GolfWRX Likes : 441

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

View PostDillinger, on 26 July 2011 - 12:56 AM, said:

Any golf shop that deals with true temper can order. I called my local fitter and he had his rep get my order in on Friday.

NO NO - This shaft can ONLY be sold trough True Temper Performance Fitting Center, and there will only be made 1000 sets.
If you want a set, go see your nearest PFC dealer TODAY, because of the limited number of sets.

http://www.performan...x.php?j=locator

Set Availability (3-PW -40-36.5”)
-40.5” 2 iron shafts available
-No additional 36.5” wedge shafts available

Edited by Howard Jones, 26 July 2011 - 01:51 AM.

#14 PKMillerJr

PKMillerJr

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20032
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:35 AM

View PostTrueTemper, on 25 July 2011 - 05:57 PM, said:

TTS

What will a set cost and not to be smart but what do you care what it costs to manufacture if people are willing to purchase them?

#15 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 758 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

Wow, some interesting comments so far.

Nothing fishy going on. We felt 1000 sets was a safe number to produce given the overall market for high end, tour based iron shafts. This isnt't a shaft that was intended to be a mainstream product. It doesn't fit 100% of the golfers out there but it will be the best shaft to date for some of you. Look at it as a great opportunity to own a set of a rare tour iron shafts. It's not any different than why some OEM's release limited edition heads. This is just the first shaft developed utlizing the technology of variable tip design and unique step patterns for each individual iron shaft. True Temper is always innovating, some of the more recent:

Sensicore- FIRST vibration reducing technology
Dynamic Gold SL- FIRST ultra light weight steel shaft that can be interchanged with heavier steel iron shafts
GS 75/85/95- FIRST sub 100 raw weight steel iron shafts. GS 75 is the lightest all steel iron shaft ever produced.
TCI- FIRST constant weight flighted shaft
Black Gold- FIRST frequency tuned iron shaft (not only butt cpm was controlled)
TT Prototype- FIRST shaft utlizing individual tip design and step patterns for each iron
PX Prototype- FIRST ??????

Let's not worry about how many sets are available until they run out. It's only been one day.  :good:

TTS

#16 Bob57

Bob57

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103973
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

Limited amount of wedge shaft availability so pretty much the standard set and that is it.  Don't think I would go with one shaft in my iron set and another shaft in my wedges.  Sounds like you are out of luck if one breaks for whatever reason...

Interesting comment on shaft finish and hot spots.  I guess that means that the chrome process can produce hot spots on the shafts.  Not sure if a hot spot means weakness or refers to playability being impacted (i.e. not consistent throughout a set)..

Edited by Bob57, 26 July 2011 - 08:54 AM.

#17 whchoclte

whchoclte

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38393
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

I still play the TC and love the shaft. If i can get passed the Copper look I might try them.

Is there reasoning behind the notion that this shaft couldn't help more golfers and is only tour or limited release??.  More spin in shorter irons, higher launching in lower seems ideal for the avg guy.

#18 eudubmad82

eudubmad82

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71264

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

View PostTrueTemper, on 26 July 2011 - 08:45 AM, said:

Wow, some interesting comments so far.

Nothing fishy going on. We felt 1000 sets was a safe number to produce given the overall market for high end, tour based iron shafts. This isnt't a shaft that was intended to be a mainstream product. It doesn't fit 100% of the golfers out there but it will be the best shaft to date for some of you. Look at it as a great opportunity to own a set of a rare tour iron shafts. It's not any different than why some OEM's release limited edition heads. This is just the first shaft developed utlizing the technology of variable tip design and unique step patterns for each individual iron shaft. True Temper is always innovating, some of the more recent:

Sensicore- FIRST vibration reducing technology
Dynamic Gold SL- FIRST ultra light weight steel shaft that can be interchanged with heavier steel iron shafts
GS 75/85/95- FIRST sub 100 raw weight steel iron shafts. GS 75 is the lightest all steel iron shaft ever produced.
TCI- FIRST constant weight flighted shaft
Black Gold- FIRST frequency tuned iron shaft (not only butt cpm was controlled)
TT Prototype- FIRST shaft utlizing individual tip design and step patterns for each iron
PX Prototype- FIRST ??????

Let's not worry about how many sets are available until they run out. It's only been one day. :good:

TTS

I'm a TC dealer and have had the opportunity to play a set of Monacos and I can tell you that these are a great alternative for better/stronger players.  I have tinkered with TCI's since I became a TC Dealer and I just couldn't get them to fit me perfectly but I really wanted to achieve the flighted concept.  Don't let the limited run turn you off.  Grab these while you have a chance because they are truly an innovative product.  They are basically a game improvement product that has been refined for stronger players.  The finish is just the icing on the cake too!

#19 eudubmad82

eudubmad82

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

View PostBob57, on 26 July 2011 - 08:50 AM, said:

[b]Limited amount of wedge shaft availability so pretty much the standard set and that is it.[/b[  Don't think I would go with one shaft in my iron set and another shaft in my wedges.  Sounds like you are out of luck if one breaks for whatever reason...

Interesting comment on shaft finish and hot spots.  I guess that means that the chrome process can produce hot spots on the shafts.  Not sure if a hot spot means weakness or refers to playability being impacted (i.e. not consistent throughout a set)..

I think the lack of wedge shafts with these is similar to not being able to get 3 irons with a lot of sets anymore.  There are just better alternatives out there and with all the wedge specific product you would be leaving performance on the table by not going with something like a DGSPINNER.  Just a thought.

#20 pearls24

pearls24

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13130
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

I have been playing TC X1's for several years now and absolutely love them.  Am I better off staying with those or would the Monaco's be an improvement?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 Mizgoodie

Mizgoodie

golf happy! golf good!

• 1,781 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

Hot spots refer to glare from the sun

#22 eudubmad82

eudubmad82

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

View Postpearls24, on 26 July 2011 - 01:46 PM, said:

I have been playing TC X1's for several years now and absolutely love them.  Am I better off staying with those or would the Monaco's be an improvement?

My bet is that if you fit into X Flex in the TCIs you will see more consistency out of the Monacos as well as improved performance in windy conditions (i.e. the ball won't balloon as much)

#23 whchoclte

whchoclte

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

View PostMizgoodie, on 26 July 2011 - 01:55 PM, said:

Hot spots refer to glare from the sun

Sorry i have never had issues with glare on my iron shafts effecting my game.   If there is any glare you can barely notice.

I think its one of those things like a white driver, when TM claims it frames the ball better, come on.

Just a tool to be different and stand out.  

Actually wish they kept it conservative on these.

#24 career4jerry

career4jerry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45559

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

"Each individual shaft in the set has been specifically designed to optimize shot trajectory and spin for that particular clubhead.  The result is a set of iron shafts delivering flight trajectory control to a level previously unthinkable.

* First shaft ever developed with VARIABLE TIP DESIGN in EVERY individual shaft in the set (3, 4, 5, etc) producing unequalled trajectory control in each individual club."

does this mean that each shaft will be labelled for each iron number?  So that you must get the whole set as each individual shaft has been designed for each number?

#25 Mizgoodie

Mizgoodie

golf happy! golf good!

• 1,781 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

no they are marked by length, just like any taper tip iron.....

#26 whchoclte

whchoclte

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

Any word on how these are selling.  Seems to have died out here in posts with Taper C really taking over and people looking for new Project X.

Just curious as to more reviews etc.

#27 WHF

WHF

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127106
  • Ebay ID:whff2f
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:06 AM

Are wedge shafts available?

#28 Extreme Firepower

Extreme Firepower

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2292
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

Sounds like a TT white elephant to me. No real concrete spec info and vagueness on ball flight/performance.

Clearing out 1000 sets from inventory. If they perform as hyped then price would be no object.

Too much suspect confliction here, move on folks......

#29 1puttwoods

1puttwoods

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101203
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

How do these compare to the Tour Concepts.....I currently play those shafts and have ordered the Monacos already.  Also since my set starts at the 4 iron how will they perform if soft stepped?

#30 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 758 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

View PostExtreme Firepower, on 24 August 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

Sounds like a TT white elephant to me. No real concrete spec info and vagueness on ball flight/performance.

Clearing out 1000 sets from inventory. If they perform as hyped then price would be no object.

Too much suspect confliction here, move on folks......

What other specs would you like to know Extreme Firepower? Tip diameter is .355 and butt diameter is .600. Each shaft is individually made to optimize launch and spin in each specific iron. Low irons will jump up and short irons will be flatter. It's hard to compare it to anything else because its not like any other shaft. Best suited for stronger players.

Almost all the sets have been pre-booked, first shipments are early September. Once some WRXers get them in hand you'll see more reviews.

It's a limited release, like a ton of other products from other manufacturers.

TTS

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors