Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Looking for Competent, Honest Salesperson/Fitter


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 seagolf

seagolf

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130994
  • Joined: 06/18/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

I recently bought a putter at Puetz. The salesperson wasn't very helpful ("fitted" me by watching me make three quick putts and claimed that that was correct because a famous putting instructor told him to use that length and I must be the same height as he is), didn't offer to tape up the soles of some putters and send me out back to their practice area to evaluate them -- another salesperson did that for me later), and it's left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. Still, they're local and I'm not ready to give up on them. However, I'm also open to other shops, too.

So...I'd be grateful for a referral to a competent, attentive and honest salesperson to work with so I can get my hand-me-down club set upgraded. Puetz, Pro Golf, or wherever else I can go on the west side of the lake.

Thanks.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 RainShadow

RainShadow

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85204
  • Joined: 06/10/2009
  • Location:Western Washington, The great North Wet
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:01 PM

My experience w/ Puetz hasn't been great either. (Aurora store)
They charge $50 for club fitting , but waive it if you buy.  Spent about 25 minutes with me on the trackman and put me in an reg flex TFC in my G15 3wd.
OK, that's what the numbers say, but I thought the flight was better with the stiff TFC and Serrano both, but they were pretty insistent that the Reg would work better, so I went that route.
Fast forward and after 3 rounds it's obvious the R balloons and likes to hook at the end of the flight, so I take it back and they only want to give me 80% value because I used it. Not a mark on it.
I just want to exchange straight up for stiff. I had to $35 to get another 3wd.
I'll try the other local shops first next time.
spend some money and try Vons golf.
913D2 Kiyoshi W. 03 / Xhot 9.5 Devo
XHot 15*  & 19*stock PX
G25 23*
Apex/ Apex pro combo Recoil 95
SM4 54/11 & 58/9 KBS Tour
TP Mills Soft Tail / SC Monterey 1.5

#3 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

    Butyraceous

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Joined: 05/14/2011
  • Location:SEATTLE
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 777

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:53 PM

GOTTA GO TO PRO! PRO GOLF DISCOUNT...count...count...count

#4 SpinMill75

SpinMill75

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66455
  • Joined: 09/25/2008
  • Location:Central Oregon
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

Jorgensen golf up in Mukilteo.  Great group of guys.....

#5 WildDog06

WildDog06

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132293
  • Joined: 07/04/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:40 AM

View PostRainShadow, on 17 July 2011 - 10:01 PM, said:

My experience w/ Puetz hasn't been great either. (Aurora store)
They charge $50 for club fitting , but waive it if you buy.  Spent about 25 minutes with me on the trackman and put me in an reg flex TFC in my G15 3wd.
OK, that's what the numbers say, but I thought the flight was better with the stiff TFC and Serrano both, but they were pretty insistent that the Reg would work better, so I went that route.
Fast forward and after 3 rounds it's obvious the R balloons and likes to hook at the end of the flight, so I take it back and they only want to give me 80% value because I used it. Not a mark on it.
I just want to exchange straight up for stiff. I had to $35 to get another 3wd.
I'll try the other local shops first next time.
spend some money and try Vons golf.



Had a similar experience with fitting there, although it wasn't on the launch monitor. Had a salesman (Bob) come out and help me try drivers when I was just starting this year, had a horrible swing going. Got fit for a R flex diablo edge in 13* loft, played with it for a few weeks, improved my swing, and started launching the ball way too high. Came back to trade for a DE in 10* loft, still R flex, had to pay 15%.

As for finding a good local salesperson/fitter, I'm still looking myself...


#6 whitefro

whitefro

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115431
  • Joined: 09/26/2010
  • Location:Olympia, Wa
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:32 AM

Guys at golfusa here in olympia are awesome if you want to drive

#7 Brando5105

Brando5105

    Putter Hoe

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45657
  • Joined: 01/11/2008
  • Location:Pacific Northwest
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:40 AM

Im am sorry to hear about your experience at Puetz. If you would like please come see me at Puetz and I will take care of you. I am one of the 3 teaching professionals there and would love to help
Brandon Dickinson
Teaching Professional

#8 RainShadow

RainShadow

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85204
  • Joined: 06/10/2009
  • Location:Western Washington, The great North Wet
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:41 AM

View PostBrando5105, on 18 July 2011 - 08:40 AM, said:

Im am sorry to hear about your experience at Puetz. If you would like please come see me at Puetz and I will take care of you. I am one of the 3 teaching professionals there and would love to help
Brandon Dickinson
Teaching Professional

Are you at the Aurora store?
913D2 Kiyoshi W. 03 / Xhot 9.5 Devo
XHot 15*  & 19*stock PX
G25 23*
Apex/ Apex pro combo Recoil 95
SM4 54/11 & 58/9 KBS Tour
TP Mills Soft Tail / SC Monterey 1.5

#9 Brando5105

Brando5105

    Putter Hoe

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45657
  • Joined: 01/11/2008
  • Location:Pacific Northwest
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

View PostRainShadow, on 25 July 2011 - 01:41 AM, said:

View PostBrando5105, on 18 July 2011 - 08:40 AM, said:

Im am sorry to hear about your experience at Puetz. If you would like please come see me at Puetz and I will take care of you. I am one of the 3 teaching professionals there and would love to help
Brandon Dickinson
Teaching Professional

Are you at the Aurora store?


Yeah I am at the Aurora store




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors