Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Callaway Tour Blue

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Callaway Tour Blue (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Callaway Tour Blue

1. 5 stars (Best) (19 votes [48.72%])

Percentage of vote: 48.72%

2. 4 stars (14 votes [35.90%])

Percentage of vote: 35.90%

3. 3 stars (1 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

4. 2 stars (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. 1 star (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nearfall152

nearfall152

Tour Winner

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118
  • Ebay ID:nearfall152
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:31 PM

I played this for three rounds...here's what I found:

Appearance - Look original with the blue finish, rotate the head in the sunlight and it has an irridescent finish that is again very original.  I chose that half mallet even  though I usually don't like them, but the look is very, very good.

Weighting - This puppy is face balanced...the only blue offereing that is.  Its nice and heavy,you can really feel the head throughout the stroke.  Tungsten weights in the bottom...nice touch.

'Feel' - Who would have thougt that titanium would feel this good?  It's a milled face...it feels as good as any Scotty or Bett I've tried.

Value - Try to find one used...I don't get where they think that people would pay what they're asking for this thing...don't get me wrong, I like it a lot...only one putter I lik better, but what is it 3 or 4 bills??  With no Scotty headcover??  ain't happening...Fleabay has them for around $150...that seems about right to me.

TM 510TP
Wishon 3 and 5W
Wishon 870 irons
Scratch 8620 53/60
Edel Custom Putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 carrera

carrera

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139
GolfWRX Likes : 309

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:24 AM

I have the TT3 as well and would echo the above,  Very nice feel...easy to line up.  Mine is in my backup bag(s) though,,,right now prefer my Studio Stainless.

#3 tildengolfer

tildengolfer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7933
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:54 PM

i do not really like the cally..i dont like the blue finish..and the feel, for the material is good..but i still prefer my studio stainless as well..but for 150 bucks...not bad

#4 Gxgolfer

Gxgolfer

Site Founder & Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,884 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11
GolfWRX Likes : 528

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:14 PM

ctb.jpg

Callaway Golf Tour Blue

Get ready to meet your new best friend. The Callaway Golf Tour Blue Putter is the best putter we’ve ever created. From the flat-out innovation of its machine-milled titanium and tungsten head, to its gorgeous iridescent finish, you can be confident you’ll turn some heads, whether it’s in the bag or on the green.

TT1 - A rounded heel-toe-weighted blade style with a longer hosel and a full-shaft offset, with a single center sight line for alignment.

TT2 - A scoop-back blade style with a shorter hosel and a half shaft offset, with a single center sight line for alignment.

TT3 - A face-balanced scoop-back mallet style with a double bend shaft and two sight lines for alignment.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/If you have a general help question, post here:GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Share your referral code: http://ts.la/ryan7644
Tesla unlimited supercharging till Sept. 16, 2018 on new orders.

#5 Turnin-Pro-2moro

Turnin-Pro-2moro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23476
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:05 PM

picked up a tt1 2day but didnt get d  chance 2 use it yet lookin 4ward 2 usin ... ive seen dem round and i loved d finish .... glad 2 hear good comments for dat make of putter :)

#6 G.Review

G.Review

Tour Winner

• Forum Review
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24339
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:50 AM

callp100.jpg

Everything about the Tour Blue is bound to impress — from the high-performance titanium-tungsten design to the unique iridescent metallic blue finish. A combination of tungsten and titanium leads to optimal weight distribution, while tungsten weights in the heel and the toe significantly increase forgiveness and help produce a smooth roll. And thanks to its 99% pure titanium construction, the Tour Blue delivers a pleasing, responsive feel, putt after putt. In short, this putter is both art and science, and loves to drain that putt.

#7 koiuh11

koiuh11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22040

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:52 AM

anyone have any reviews on this? i want one buy can't seem to find it anywhere. I've tried the tt2 and like the softness, but like the style of a 1 better. any opinions?

#8 tulkaz

tulkaz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19585

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:19 AM

View Postkoiuh11, on Feb 23 2007, 10:52 AM, said:

anyone have any reviews on this? i want one buy can't seem to find it anywhere. I've tried the tt2 and like the softness, but like the style of a 1 better. any opinions?

I found some here --> http://www.pricebust...hopscr2222.html

Not bad price either.

#9 brooky333

brooky333

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19658
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:brooky333
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:13 AM

Nice man!

did they make these in left handed?

#10 eggs

eggs

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34598

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

I bought a 'Zing'-style TT2 after having a roll with it in a golf store and it's rapidly made itself very at home in my bag. I like half-shaft offset putters and for some reason I really get on well with this one.

Hard to know what to say about it really but it just seems to work for me. I've not had that many putters - Wilson TP XVIII, an old Anser 2, Scotty Pro-Plat Mil-Spec, Rossa Dayton 1 AGSI, Kevin Burns Model 1 and that's about it - but this one's given me better distance control than any other I've owned or tried.

Notable points might be that the shaft is very flexible (light?) and it doesn't seem to get on with ProV1 balls - they feel too mushy off the face to me although not a major issue as I don't play them. This could be an indication of the softness of the Ti head, I'm not sure but a couple of very gentle knocks has put two little nibbles in the top line so it's not the most durable.
Also, after about a year, some of the blue coloring has started to wear off the sole.

However, can't complain too much. I putted the lights out at the end of last year and won my first ever comp; my name's up on the clubhouse wall forever more thanks to this thing.  

Anyway, pace and distance control is what this putter seems to have given me and that's what putting is all about, especially when you hit your approaches as far away from the hole as I do. Is that down to 'feel'? I couldn't honestly say. It just seems to work.
I also demo'd the Ping Redwood Zing against the TT2 last year and had slight preference for my own stick although the Zing is no doubt a great club.

All in all, just very happy I had a few strokes with this in a golf store as it would never really have caught my eye, not being a Callaway fan and all that. It's changed my game markedly and I never feel the need to change it, which is quite a relief!
To be honest, I really should get a back up as well.

(I've just read all that back - that's a junk review, I've hardly said anything! Hands up - I can't put my finger on whay I like it and putt well with it. See if you can try one, maybe it'll work some magic in your hands too).

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 Cally UK

Cally UK

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17696
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

Have a Tour Blue TT1.

Its a lovely putter nice off the face, heavy weighting and great when putting from distance. The only downside is the colour.

Would say a Scotty Pro Platinum is better but the Tour Blue's are a steal now a days!

#12 bighit20

bighit20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6485

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:37 AM

The Callaway TT1 has been my gamer for 2 years now, and it's pretty awesome. Awseome feel and lenght control + the look is really pleasing ín my eyes. Probably not worth the msrp when it came out though, but easily worth 200ish...

#13 Emm

Emm

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19379

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:00 AM

The standard grip weighed in at 78g making the swing feel light (not to my liking). A kind member of this forum sent me a free Grip Master Stitched back leather grip weighing 56g (on my scales) improving the swing weight greatly. I also cut it down from 35in to 34in. The balance is just right for me now, coming from the light Ping's. It doesn't feel like a sledgehammer, but it is heavier which i like. Sometimes putters seem to float on the back swing IMO, but i like the low weighting of the putter and think this will be my "in the bag" stick. It has a thick top line which is different to my other putters and shallow back, personally i like it including the small sightline.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Emm, 24 July 2008 - 04:01 AM.

#14 tanj

tanj

Tour Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1397
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:32 PM

Glad to see the Callaway love still going. I have a TT2 and absolutely love it. I think that the Callaway is one of the best feeling putters ever, especially for having no insert.

#15 Ryanak27

Ryanak27

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 243047
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:13 PM

I have a TT1 and I absolutely love it. I remember when it came out, it was going for $400 and I thought it was ridiculous. Maybe a year later and I bought it for $150 in the same store. Great putter, great feel and weight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors