Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Let"s talk about Royal Collection US line up

62 replies to this topic

#1 joey3108

joey3108

Proud founding sponsor and pioneer of golfwrx

• Charter Sponsors
  • 7,776 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:06 PM

I decided to put this here as they are a US version line up and YES, I have no problem treating you guys like a tour players when it comes "How do you want me to build this for you?"

I will start with pictures first and will do some write up 1 by 1 on them later. I also will write up about these SHIMADA shaft line up

Go ahead ask any question you want and I'll try to answer all in the write up and I will get a RC official to answer or ask if I have a question that I have no answer with.

THX!

joe

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0744 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0745 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0746 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0747 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0748 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0749 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0750 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0751 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0752 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0753 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0754 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0755 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0744 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0745 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0746 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0747 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0748 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0749 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0750 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0751 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0752 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0753 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0754 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0755 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0756 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0757 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0759 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0760 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0761 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0762 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0763 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0764 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0765 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0766 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0767 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0768 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0769 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0771 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0772 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0773 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0774 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0776 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0777 Desktop Resolution.JPG
  • IMG_0778 Desktop Resolution.JPG

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 CMUgol4

CMUgol4

17, 22, 26, 47, 55, 71

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32503
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

I want the wedges...pretty cool looking sticks
TM SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Speeder
Cobra Bio Cell+ 13.5* w/ Matrix
Srixon ZTXII w/ TT TC X1
TM ATV 52*/58* w/ KBS Tour Black (Tiger Stepped)
Scotty Cameron Golo

#3 joey3108

joey3108

• Charter Sponsors
  • 7,776 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

As most of you knows that Royal Collection was the mother company of SONARTEC. Sonartec was famous for their Fairway Woods on almost every tour. So their FW is a no brainer to be one of the best there is out there. Well known for awesome distance, feel and look. Their Quality is well known to be one of the best, especially in the Asian market. Classic shinny black paint job becoming a trade mark of their woods line up.

As of US Royal Collection line up, I would like to start with:

TOUR VS pocket cavity iron: A classic players cavity look with extra forgiveness due to pocket cavity and how they design the sole. Minimal off set with beveled leading edge sole. It reminds me of a forgiveness of X tour 2007 and look of X forged 2008...but Feels of it's own. Definitely not hollow feel at impact as most of pocket cavity iron. Boxier look from address position, so definitely a must to consider for you who are looking for a players iron look with a more forgiving result. Feel is the one that make me say "Wow ! I want one of these". Testing them with SHIMADA Tour.

Tour VS Blade: Well, Nothing but classic BLADE with some forgiveness due to beveled design leading edge. No doubt one of the softest feeling blade. Shinny finish is preferred for blade players but easily modified if need to be to a satin finish in my shop. Demo club with Shimada Tour X flex.

VS tour Driver: 425cc deep face slight open face, that tell you this driver design for a players who are looking for a classic look with a better workability on how you hit them. Definitely a low spin head with a slight Fade bias. At 425cc is not an extremely hard to hit driver, definitely a good fitting could tell  you if you can get a good result with this driver or need to be with a bigger cc more spin heads such as the JP104 version (Demo is not here yet, i will do additional pictures and post on this). Demo club with Kiyoshi S flex 65.

FW: Tour VS is the deeper face lower spin and lower launch head. JP104 is a shallower head profile with a slight more spin for easier lift. Most players go with their JP104 version on almost all level of players, unless you are a high ball hitter with heavy load swinger to the ball. Not much to say on these FW, Their records tell us we can't go wrong with their FW. Can't keep the demo in the house to long, To many people just bought this right out after I build one. YES, It's that good.

HYBRID JP104FH is going to be a popular one IMO. It has a 335 tip for wood shaft set up for an easier load feel for a swinger type of players, but yet I've modified the hosel size to a 355 and 370 for a hybrid shaft version for a better players hitter type of players....LOVE it! Easy lift but hardly ballooning flight. Sharp leading edge make this club very versatile in a deep rough. Definitely in my bag now with a FUBUKI 400H. A few people demo this, definitely placed an order right after that. Just like their FW, it a solid metallic sound to it, especially after more hotmelt on the sole and crown area.

HYBRID JP104H: To be honest, Never had a chance to hit this yet. To many of them love the damn FH series with HYBRID shaft on it. Boxier look to it IMO.

WEDGES:  Hmmm This is the real 2011 design success of RC IMO. Love the classic TEAR DROP look. The black face will rust (not on the chrome part), Some people love it on how it frame the ball perfectly at address position with the groves are being black. The Chrome version is definitely gonna be a a JAW DROPPER for you who like the chrome look and looking a soft feel wedge that give you a better distance control when you chip or pitch. WHY? Its a Copper underlay under the beautiful satin chrome finish. Need I say more on that? :) People who know copper under lay, That is the ultimate feel IMO. Sole grind is awesome, Definitely suits almost all kind of players type of swing. Easily ground if need to be. Sale a ton of these just like the Hybrid JP104FH after people demo'ing a couple rounds. No need to convince, just let them demo it! So far people only ask me to ground the LW to a C grind type of sole. Got the demo with SHIMADA Tour Wedge shaft.

STAFF BAG: Well, Simple.... high quality and awesome look. Love it!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST......SHIMADA shaft: This is a family own company who are still at their best when it come to quality. NO they are not a new company, they have been around for a while. Remember Callaway Uniflex memphis 10 shaft? Those are made by SHIMADA. Shimada decided to go after a high end after market with a clear mind on what market they want to enter at.  I have been building this shaft for almost 4-5 months by now and I've been testing them from all level of players (20hdcp all the way to PGA tour level of players) Result was consistent......A SOFTER FEEL PX! 600-800RPM lower spin rate compare to tour issue DG and depending on type of swinger, ball flight could be lower or slightly higher than DG. This has something to do to their swing mechanic. It is to good to be true, but a Gateway tour player got one of this switch from DG Tour issue and with 6 iron reduced his spin rate from high 6000 ( some even at low 7000 ) to a 5800-6200 area and lower his ball flight around 1-2*. He is definitely a picker ( shallow short divot ) with a slight cast at impact. Definitely noticeable on how flat his ball flight is now (lower spin).

NOTE: Bending lie on their iron and wedges are noticeably softer and easier to bend. Definitely a high Quality 1020Carbon steel material IMO.

YES, I do have the custom shop acct on this brand...So you can ask me to build them anyway you like them to be.

Shoot me/us any questions, we'll try to answer it to our best knowledge and experiences.

THX!

Joe
jwk.golf@gmail.com
These review are base on my best observation and base on what testers told me too.

#4 ForeRL

ForeRL

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12400
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

Those are beautiful

are the hosels on the hybrid and fw bendable for a flatter lie angle

#5 joey3108

joey3108

• Charter Sponsors
  • 7,776 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

Yes, They actually are, But the paint line is kind of high, so It will damage the paint if you bend them. Their would line can easily tweak on the sole area to make the head sits open by grinding the sole.

The JP104FH can be ream to a desire angle if we are using 355 or 370 hybrid shaft. However, mot of their heads are already at tolerance between dead square to a 2* open face....Could be a bit more on the FH series.

Plus, we do have room also to make the FW leading edge beveled for friendlier turf interaction for certain type of players. Pic Attached.

Attached Thumbnails

• fw leading edge grinds.jpg

#6 bub72ck

bub72ck

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29752
  • Handicap:+1.4
  • Ebay ID:ifly330
GolfWRX Likes : 484

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

I saw one of the drivers at a PGA Tour Superstore last month. Picked it up and loved it. Sat it down and loved it even more. Saw the price tag and quietly put it down!  Lol. They make some nice looking stuff.
Titleist 913 D3 9.5* Fuji Motore TS 6.2X
Taylormade HFS Diamana Blue 83X
Taylormade Rescue 09 TP Aldila XVS9
Titleist 714 AP2 TT DGX100 4-PW
Vokey SM5 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
SIK Pro Custom

#7 Golfjunki71

Golfjunki71

LEDLIYLBSIWB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,273 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2196
GolfWRX Likes : 2045

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

Are these in stock?
Ping G400 LST
Ping G400 3W
Mizuno Fli Hi 3-6 Modus
Mizuno MP18 7-P Modus
Titleist SM6 56 , 60
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

#8 njlam

njlam

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36975
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

Thanks for posting the pics and reviews of all the new models.

Can anyone comment of how the new Royal Collection models (mainly the woods, hybrids and wedges), compare the the Sonartec models (GS Tour, MD and T35/46) we all loved before Sonartec went out of business?

I loved the Sonartec clubs, will I love these too? In what ways can the love grow with the new RC models/designs?

Thanks.
Driver: Ping Rapture 12 w/MR Diamana BB R
Woods: Ping G25 4w & 7w w/TFC-189 S
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 25 w/IROD S
Irons: Ping i3+ 5-W w/Z-Z65 Cushin
Wedges: (SW): Ping Eye 2 Gorge w/DG Spinner
(GW & LW): Cleveland 588 Tour Issue w/DG S400
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 w/SuperStroke 3.0
Ball: Titleist ProV1 (2011)

#9 Frisco

Frisco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117532
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:12 AM

Are they going to be available custom-ordered only or will they be sold off the rack too? And if so do  you know what they stock graphite option(s) will be in the driver/fairway? I'm a long time lurker here and this interested me enough to make my first post haha.

#10 BCAme

BCAme

Er.... yeah it's me..... Sick Boy. Please don't sext me.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126828
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:19 AM

View Postjoey3108, on 20 June 2011 - 05:11 PM, said:

Yes, They actually are, But the paint line is kind of high, so It will damage the paint if you bend them. Their would line can easily tweak on the sole area to make the head sits open by grinding the sole.

The JP104FH can be ream to a desire angle if we are using 355 or 370 hybrid shaft. However, mot of their heads are already at tolerance between dead square to a 2* open face....Could be a bit more on the FH series.

Plus, we do have room also to make the FW leading edge beveled for friendlier turf interaction for certain type of players. Pic Attached.

Joey,

can you tell us something about the Forged Blades? I see it on the website, and I am dying to find out more. If you have in-hand pix, that would be awesome. Thanks

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 joey3108

joey3108

• Charter Sponsors
  • 7,776 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

View PostGolfjunki71, on 20 June 2011 - 09:00 PM, said:

Are these in stock?
YES, on most of them! They are selling like hot cake at the moment, Hard to say if they are in stock for sure or not.

View Postnjlam, on 20 June 2011 - 10:55 PM, said:

Thanks for posting the pics and reviews of all the new models.

Can anyone comment of how the new Royal Collection models (mainly the woods, hybrids and wedges), compare the the Sonartec models (GS Tour, MD and T35/46) we all loved before Sonartec went out of business?

I loved the Sonartec clubs, will I love these too? In what ways can the love grow with the new RC models/designs?

Thanks.
Hmmm! IMO GS tour perform in between JP104FW and Tour VS, MD similar to the JP104H, Wedges are totally different apple. These new one are slightly bigger ( not to big, just perfect ), the old T series are more on the compact side of it and the sole grind a bit more aggressive.

Love it or not is subjective to the individual. What I can tell you is that Their RC new line are pretty nice across the board. I can see a possibility some one like it all the way top to bottom, may be even to a putter line.

I agreed if some of you said that they need a 54* option on their wedge line.

View PostFrisco, on 21 June 2011 - 01:12 AM, said:

Are they going to be available custom-ordered only or will they be sold off the rack too? And if so do  you know what they stock graphite option(s) will be in the driver/fairway? I'm a long time lurker here and this interested me enough to make my first post haha.
They are available both custom or of the shelf only. I'm not to familiar yet on their stock of the shelf set up.

View PostBCAme, on 21 June 2011 - 01:19 AM, said:

View Postjoey3108, on 20 June 2011 - 05:11 PM, said:

Joey,

can you tell us something about the Forged Blades? I see it on the website, and I am dying to find out more. If you have in-hand pix, that would be awesome. Thanks
Again, Forged blade on this Tour VS series are a pretty straight forward design....Classic shinny chrome look with leading edge beveled design for easier/friendlier turf interaction. Solid soft feel. I can easily make this look satin finish if someone wish to have one.

#12 BCAme

BCAme

Er.... yeah it's me..... Sick Boy. Please don't sext me.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126828
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

View Postjoey3108, on 21 June 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

Again, Forged blade on this Tour VS series are a pretty straight forward design....Classic shinny chrome look with leading edge beveled design for easier/friendlier turf interaction. Solid soft feel. I can easily make this look satin finish if someone wish to have one.

http://www.royalcoll...iew_club&id=323

You are talking about THIS club, right?

#13 J13

J13

60% of the time, every time.

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,350 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 5006

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

I have the Jp104 3 wood (14*) with a motore F3 shaft and it's a GREAT 3 wood.  It's going nowhere.
Callaway Epic SZ 9* (playing 8*) w/ Xphlexxx Agera) : 44.50" SW D4
Callaway Epic GBB 3+ w/ Veylix Rome 888: 42.75" SW D3.5
Taylormade UDI 2 iron (UST Proforce V2)
Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft
Odyssey White Hot #6

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

#14 Sakman

Sakman

@ryansako

• Marshals
  • 5,913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1687

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

Impressive lineup Joe. Good to see the high RC quality here in the states again...

#15 chRisJ87

chRisJ87

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67831
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

Which sonartec head reminds most of the JP104 head?

#16 jokerusn

jokerusn

nice shoes

• 3,768 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447
  • Handicap:yes
  • Ebay ID:jokerusn
GolfWRX Likes : 613

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

here's the website for Shimada:

http://www.shimadashafts.com/

Looks like a good variation in shaft types.
M1(460) - HZRDUS
F7 / F6 Baffler - Tour Blue
R15 - 8.8 TS / UDI - PX HB6
J40 / TP / TP EF - DG
Kingston GSS KP1 / SeeMore Mini Giant DF

WITB Link

#17 joey3108

joey3108

• Charter Sponsors
  • 7,776 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

View PostBCAme, on 21 June 2011 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postjoey3108, on 21 June 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

http://www.royalcoll...iew_club&id=323

You are talking about THIS club, right?
Of course! I posted the pictures on this 1st post. The one of the website looks bead blast satin finish, but it's not actually.

View PostJ13, on 21 June 2011 - 08:12 PM, said:

I have the Jp104 3 wood (14*) with a motore F3 shaft and it's a GREAT 3 wood.  It's going nowhere.
You meant it hits bombs, right? :)

View PostSakman, on 22 June 2011 - 08:12 AM, said:

Impressive lineup Joe. Good to see the high RC quality here in the states again...
No doubt!

View Postjokerusn, on 22 June 2011 - 08:36 AM, said:

here's the website for Shimada:

http://www.shimadashafts.com/

Looks like a good variation in shaft types.

Indeed! After having enough fitting days, experiences and feed back from all level of golfers....definitely a good performance shaft if fitted properly and build properly.

#18 J13

J13

60% of the time, every time.

• 12,350 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 5006

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

Bombs galore!!!:clapping: The 3 wood seach is OVER
Callaway Epic SZ 9* (playing 8*) w/ Xphlexxx Agera) : 44.50" SW D4
Callaway Epic GBB 3+ w/ Veylix Rome 888: 42.75" SW D3.5
Taylormade UDI 2 iron (UST Proforce V2)
Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft
Odyssey White Hot #6

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

#19 torrejuan

torrejuan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1203
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

Will I have to  order the jp104 fw assembled? I bought a Talamonti with hopes of putting it in a new head. Sounds like it would be perfect. Also, $250 for this club?

#20 IUbball23

IUbball23

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44185
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

Joe,
Which / if any... clubs are going to be offered in LEFT HAND? I miss my Sonartec SS-03 big time and that new VS Tour FW looks like jus the thing to replace it. That driver looks AWESOME too!

Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 8.5* (Mitsubishi Diamana BF 60x)
Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 15*(Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina 70x)
Tour Issue TaylorMade Burner TP 18* 5-wood (Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina 80x)
Titleist T-MB 3-iron (Nippon Modus 120x)
Ping S55 4-PW (Nippon Modus Prototype 2T15)
Titleist Vokey Raw SM6 52/58 (DG Tour Issue S400)
Nike Method Origin B2-01

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 jphp84

jphp84

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106825
  • Ebay ID:jpc8461
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:07 AM

Joe what are the differences between the shimada pro shaft and tour shaft?  Also how do they compare to kbs c-tapers? I wanted to get some c-tapers but don't like the satin finish. Prefer chrome.

#22 TaylorMadeMiura

TaylorMadeMiura

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83097
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:41 AM

The Pro is parallel, the Tour is taper.  I play the Shimada Tour in my TM MBs and woow they feel fantastic, everybody shold try the sometime :P

#23 Spoon

Spoon

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28217
  • Ebay ID:carlo12377
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:26 AM

good stuff!!! i love royal collection.

i have the 2011 RC trc japan 3 wood as well as their
17 and 20 TRC utilities. i am getting my hands on
some proto RC DB forged wedges as well(crossing my fingers)

the new rc blade is by far one of the most beautiful blades i have seen.
very elegant and simple lines. thumbs up

#24 joey3108

joey3108

• Charter Sponsors
  • 7,776 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:11 AM

View Posttorrejuan, on 22 June 2011 - 11:03 PM, said:

Will I have to  order the jp104 fw assembled? I bought a Talamonti with hopes of putting it in a new head. Sounds like it would be perfect. Also, $250 for this club?
I'm afraid so! You could send your shaft and I can install that for you to any specs you like.

View PostIUbball23, on 22 June 2011 - 11:19 PM, said:

Joe,
Which / if any... clubs are going to be offered in LEFT HAND? I miss my Sonartec SS-03 big time and that new VS Tour FW looks like jus the thing to replace it. That driver looks AWESOME too!
So far no LH that I know of, I will announce it here if they do.

#25 Geo

Geo

Happy Geo's Day

• Marshals
  • 6,231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1027

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:21 AM

View Postjoey3108, on 24 June 2011 - 01:11 AM, said:

So far no LH that I know of, I will announce it here if they do.

I PM'd SAM@RCUSA a little while back and he mentioned that the fairways (JP104F and Tour VS) will be available and that irons will probably/likely be available at a later date.

:hi:

#26 sba2

sba2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56609
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:58 AM

Joe,

Just out of curiosity how do the PC irons compare to the Bridgestone J36 PC?
I'm still playing the J36 PC with PX5.5 you fitted for me a couple of years ago... time to make a club change :)

#27 MrWolf

MrWolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41616
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 5885

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:34 AM

Joe, which model of Shimada are you talking about in your original post, the Shimada Tour version?
///OGA Member #13 - 'The Man from Blighty'///

#28 joey3108

joey3108

• Charter Sponsors
  • 7,776 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

View Postsba2, on 24 June 2011 - 03:58 AM, said:

Joe,

Just out of curiosity how do the PC irons compare to the Bridgestone J36 PC?
I'm still playing the J36 PC with PX5.5 you fitted for me a couple of years ago... time to make a club change :)
Good Question! I'm not big on BS J36PC. It's cosmetic that I don't quite like about it. Of course that is subjective. Forgiveness is similar but RC has a friendlier sole due to beveled leading on the RC. If I'm not wrong J36 PC has a slight bigger size, especially on shorter iron. Again the big different is the feel striking it. RC doesn't feel hollow at all....Solid and soft!

View PostEagle006, on 24 June 2011 - 04:34 AM, said:

Joe, which model of Shimada are you talking about in your original post, the Shimada Tour version?
Yes, Shimada Tour!

#29 joey3108

joey3108

• Charter Sponsors
  • 7,776 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Another report!

The jp104fh hybrid reamed to received a FUBUKI alpha is definitely one of the ultimate hybrid which has the least draw bias among hybrid class.

Confirm by a few tester who happen to be a tour caliber players.

#30 torrejuan

torrejuan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1203
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

Thanks joey. Won't make a decision yet, 'cause I was given a g15 to play for a while. Your thoughts on the two clubs if you have any.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors