Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 2 votes

Ecco Street Premier vs. FJ Street vs. Ashworth Cardiff

133 replies to this topic

Poll: battle of the street golf shoes (423 member(s) have cast votes)

Ecco Street Premier vs. FJ Street vs. Ashworth Cardiff

1. Ecco Street Premier (247 votes [58.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.39%

2. FJ Street (45 votes [10.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.64%

3. Ashworth Cardiff (131 votes [30.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.97%

Vote

#91 Minarets

Minarets

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28043
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

hmm, since ecco doesnt make a size 48 for me (size 14) they are out.  i hear that ecco runs big and that just isn't the case, or at least for me it isn't.
the adidas stree (adicross) and the ashworth cardiffs both feel pretty good to me.

Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
Putter: SeeMore mFGP
Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#92 Notthelongball

Notthelongball

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132323
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

Ecco's look great but are they worth the money over the Cardiff or the new adidas?

#93 TheBUNKY

TheBUNKY

twitter.com/TheBUNKY_1974

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6473
  • Ebay ID:Lancer74
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostAgent Jim, on 06 August 2011 - 12:13 AM, said:

Cardiff is listed as waterproof and the Ecco is not, that would be a selling point for me as I play in the dew

This is what sold me on the Cardiff's.

The new Adidas are not waterproof and cheaper. The ECCO's are not waterproof and more expensive.

I'd rather spend the extra $20-30 more for the Cardiff's over the Adidas and have a two year waterproof warranty.

I wear Footjoy Contours normally, and I own three pair of those but I wanted the more casual look of these. I know FJ has a spikeless Contour coming out in March but I don't like the looks of those. I owned a pair of True TOUR's last Summer but the lack of a heel in them really didn't work for me. Hopefully these Cardiff's will work out.

Edited by TheBUNKY, 27 February 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#94 Dead Solid Perfect

Dead Solid Perfect

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23405
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

I got to say I love the look of the FJ's. I also like spikes so I can change them and keep them fresh.  Some one said they didn't like the look, who doesn't like the look of Chuck Taylor's ?

#95 play18now

play18now

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168251
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

I think the Ecco's are more comfortable, making them the de facto champs IMO

Titleist 910D2 8.5, Oban Devotion 7
Titleist 910F 13.5, Motore Speeder 7.0
TItleist 910F 19, Diamana Kai'li 70
Mizuno MP-32 4-PW, S400
Titleist Vokey 52.08, 56.14, 60.04
Ping Redwood Anser

#96 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 821
GolfWRX Likes : 321

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

View Postfinalist, on 30 September 2011 - 11:47 AM, said:

Something about these have me really excited, but it's not the MSRP of $180. I'd change the laces to white and wear daily.

Attachment ECCO-Golf-2012-Collection-BIOM-Hybrid-3.jpg

I finally got to see the Ecco Biom Hybrids in person. The leather was top quality, but I don't like them at all anymore. There were ugly IMO. They take a good pic, but in person they look too much like an outer space shoe whatever that is.
Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

#97 Ruleschamp

Ruleschamp

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68618
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

My vote:

Worst, by far, for me -- ECCO --  enjoy ECCO dress shoes.  Hate all of their golf shoes, these in particular.  Can feel every rock or pebble you step on.  May as well play barefoot.  Although, the quality of leather is the best of any casual shoes.  Tried these for 5 rounds then tossed them.  Never again with Ecco.  

FJ Street -- nice....as long as you're 15 years old or younger

Adidas -- cheap.  Bubbles in the leather.  Doesn't conform to the shape of your foot like the Ecco, basically because it looks and feels like some kinda faux leather. The rigid feel took too long to feel broken in.  Tossed em after 4 rounds.

Ashworth -- best by far, but more of a style you would see on the 30 and over guy.  Most padding by far.  Most comfortable by far.  Leather isn't as high quality as ECCO, but better than any other.  27 rounds so far.  Definitely a keeper.

The thing with shoes is that it all comes down to the shape of your feet, arches, etc.  That's why I understand why some love ECCO's and I detest them.  They must don't fit my feet as comfortably as others.  Others experiences may be exactly opposite of mine.

#98 cleveland21

cleveland21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78698

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

Ecco's. Best thing I've worn.

#99 NTKT10

NTKT10

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57082
GolfWRX Likes : 106

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

Ecco's all the way.
Something new
TEE CB4 15
TEE CB3 18
Romaro Ray V Forged 4-PW Modus 3
Callaway X Forged 52*/58*
MannKrafted MA/66

#100 cogi59

cogi59

#makemorebirdies

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6464
  • Handicap:+0.3
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:57 AM

Love my Cardiff's... best by far!

Titleist 913 D3 9.5* / Project X LZ 60
Titleist 913 F.d 15* / Project X LZ 70
Titleist 913F 17* / Elements Fire 8F5
Titleist 712U, 714 MB 4-9 / KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM5 47 & 53 / Hand Ground 59E
Scotty Cameron SSS 009 / SS Flatso Ultra

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#101 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

I just got a pair of Ecco Luxes and wore them yesterday for the first time. Overall they are no more comfortable than any other shoe priced around $120 or more. They do have an instant broken in feel, so there is no problem with blisters or adjusting. The arch or some cushion on the inside feels very pronounced at first, but I didn't notice it after a few holes. I do like how well the spikeless system works. I got much less grass caught in my treads than a standard spiked shoe and if I did get some mud or grass stuck to the bottom it came off easier even on a wet day. Also with no spikes I don't feel the individual spikes poking at the bottom of my feet through the shoe. On cheaper shoes like the Puma Jiggs I always feel the spikes pushing into my feet like dull little sections rather than an even feeling pressure across the whole shoe.

Overall I liked them a lot, but I think my FJ icons are still the best shoe I've owned. I definitely didn't get the Freddy Couples magic feet he claimed when they first came out. They aren't some massive breakthrough technology. Just more of a very well made shoe that gets less grass caught in spikes. The only negative which is not much because it works as a positive too is the outsole has no replaceable spikes, so they use a VERY hard plastic compound for durability. they claim it lasts five times longer than the standard rubber outsole. This hard rubber outsole is noticeably harder with less give when walking on hard surfaces, but it does seem durable.
Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

#102 bppry

bppry

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116337
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

So it seems the knock on the footjoy seems to be the spikes. But what about the spikeless version? I found them, both spikes and spikeless, on closeout for $40 and am thinking of pulling the trigger.

Edited by bppry, 05 April 2012 - 09:55 PM.

#103 SlapShotGolfer

SlapShotGolfer

Read it, Roll it, Make it

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34880

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

View Postbppry, on 05 April 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

So it seems the knock on the footjoy seems to be the spikes. But what about the spikeless version? I found them, both spikes and spikeless, on closeout for $40 and am thinking of pulling the trigger.

I found them to be very comfortable, at at $40 the spikeless version would be perfect. If they have a 12/11.5W/12W I'll pay ya for them!!!

#104 bppry

bppry

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostSlapShotGolfer, on 06 April 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

I found them to be very comfortable, at at $40 the spikeless version would be perfect. If they have a 12/11.5W/12W I'll pay ya for them!!!

Does the spikeless provide enough grip? The one pic I can find makes it look like the nubs wouldn't grip very well.

#105 SlapShotGolfer

SlapShotGolfer

Read it, Roll it, Make it

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34880

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

View Postbppry, on 06 April 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

View PostSlapShotGolfer, on 06 April 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

Does the spikeless provide enough grip? The one pic I can find makes it look like the nubs wouldn't grip very well.

Haven't tried them on the course yet, but when I tried them on they were very comfortable and talking with the manager he had used them early morning grass wasn't a problem.

#106 BelowNothing

BelowNothing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 166937

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Got a pair of Ecco Street Premiers a little over a week ago.  Worn them for 3 rounds(1x walking 18) so far, and some practice sessions.

IMO a very comfortable shoe, my feet feel great and the support is good.  Have not felt any slippage at all, but I have only used them in the afternoons/evenings on the course. And I like the unique look of them.

#107 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

View Postfinalist, on 02 April 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

I just got a pair of Ecco Luxes and wore them yesterday for the first time. Overall they are no more comfortable than any other shoe priced around $120 or more. They do have an instant broken in feel, so there is no problem with blisters or adjusting. The arch or some cushion on the inside feels very pronounced at first, but I didn't notice it after a few holes. I do like how well the spikeless system works. I got much less grass caught in my treads than a standard spiked shoe and if I did get some mud or grass stuck to the bottom it came off easier even on a wet day. Also with no spikes I don't feel the individual spikes poking at the bottom of my feet through the shoe. On cheaper shoes like the Puma Jiggs I always feel the spikes pushing into my feet like dull little sections rather than an even feeling pressure across the whole shoe.

Overall I liked them a lot, but I think my FJ icons are still the best shoe I've owned. I definitely didn't get the Freddy Couples magic feet he claimed when they first came out. They aren't some massive breakthrough technology. Just more of a very well made shoe that gets less grass caught in spikes. The only negative which is not much because it works as a positive too is the outsole has no replaceable spikes, so they use a VERY hard plastic compound for durability. they claim it lasts five times longer than the standard rubber outsole. This hard rubber outsole is noticeably harder with less give when walking on hard surfaces, but it does seem durable.

Update review:

The Ecco Street shoes are hard to walk in for 18 holes. My feet end up more sore than my Icons. The out soles are hard as rock, so they will last longer, but combine that with an overall thin sole, and there's just very little there to provide a comfortable experience for more than 9-12 holes. The leather and quality of construction are great, but the overall feeling of sore feet after walking and carrying for 18 holes is not good. If wearing them for just 9 holes or for practice they are great.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

#108 KaTooM

KaTooM

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130992
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

I haven't tried the other shoes so I can't comment on then but I walked 18 in my new Cardiff's yesterday. All I can say is, "Awesome"! Excellent fit, super comfy, and excellent stability! We played in the afternoon so it was dry but the waterproof quality of the shoes will definitely come in handy during those early morning dewey out even wet rounds!

I give two thumbs up to the Cardiffs!

#109 Adamsguy

Adamsguy

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91942
  • Ebay ID:smeiska123
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

My vote is for the FJ Streets with spikes. Just picked up a pair of each color, white and black for $39.99 each at GG on clearance. I'll wear the whites with shorts and the blacks with my Dockers. Plus I had a 300 point advantage club card to use. Posted Image

#110 SheriffBooth

SheriffBooth

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 2,684 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17355
  • Handicap:3.4
  • Ebay ID:yakima2k

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Adidas Tour 360 golf shoes have always fit my feet perfectly, and the Ashworth Cardiff must be built on a similar last because they were head and shoulders more comfortable to me and fit better than the Ecco shoes.  Love my Cardiffs.

Two consecutive rounds in very heavy dew this weekend and the waterproofing held up great.

Cobra Bio Cell + 9.5* Red Tie S 45"
Cobra Bio Cell + 3/4 (13.5) Diamana D+ 72 S
TM UDI 2-iron, DG XP S300
TM SLDR irons, 4-AW, DG XP S300 +1"
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & 60 WS DG S300 +1"
Bettinardi BB5, 35.5" SS Claw Grip

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#111 parpar41

parpar41

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21432
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

I went with the Ashworth cardiffs.

Why?

part nostalgia for the good old days of when Ashworth clothing was a distinctive brand>

part price: I am a fan of Ecco golf shoes, (I have 2 pair of Eccos with real soft spikes) but these cardiffs were a much better price.

part guarantee:  two year waterproof guarantee.

the biggest surprise:  I am not surprised that the shoes work well on the course, I am surprised by the fact that I end up wearing the shoes most of the weekend away from the course too.  When I take the wife grocery shopping, I"m wearing the cardiffs.  When i'm out for a bike ride thru the neighbourhood, I'm wearing the cardiffs.

#112 Arpeggi

Arpeggi

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140543
  • Ebay ID:android46and2
GolfWRX Likes : 258

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Ecco
913D2 10.5* Oban Kiyoshi Purple
G25 3W 15* Miyazaki Kusala White
913F 5W 19*  S+ / G25 4H Kuro Kage
API 714 5-PW PXi
Vokey SM5 48F, 54M, 60K
Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport 2

#113 bppry

bppry

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

I got to say I am really pleased with my fj streets. Was a little skeptical at first but for $40 I figured why not and I am really happy I did.

#114 ATXHorn

ATXHorn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79395
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

It probably comes down to each persons feet. I have had trouble finding a golf shoe that does not punish my feet. Over the last 4 years I have had a lot of different ones, FJ sports wore out rather quick and were not very comfortable compared to what is available without spikes. Tried the adidas adipure and they did not work, perhaps I needed a bigger size or a wide. Did not care for Nike but that was Nike of 4 years ago, perhaps the quality has changed but my experience was the durability failed.

This season I bought some Ecco Street's on sale at Golfsmith for $120 before going to play Chambers and Olympic Mountain, then walked Torrey and my local track in Austin where the heat has been bad...so far it is the best walking shoe I have owned and very durable. I also picked up some DryJoy Tour's on sale for $99, also a great shoe but not as comfortable at the Ecco's so I wear them to when I play with clients.

I should add that FJ and Adidas are supposed to be releasing some great spikeless options in the next few months, I hear major upgrades over what they have put out to date. Looking forward to it.

Edited by ATXHorn, 10 June 2012 - 08:29 PM.

BBA w/Ahina 70 S
SLDR 3 TP S
Adams Pro 20 w/tour blue 85h
AP2 4-9 w/modus3 120S
Scotty select Newport
Titleist Vokey 46, 50, 54 & 60

#115 tbowles411

tbowles411

It's Paige Ocktobur - October. You're welcome.

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,249 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 2020

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

Cardiffs. Wonderful shoe. Very comfy.

#116 James GGF

James GGF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212507

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Out of these three the Ashworth's get my vote, these are super comfortable and they look good. The Callaway Del Mar are also a very good shoe in this category. They don't get much attention but I've always found Callaway shoes to be of high quality.

#117 Munchies418

Munchies418

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193982

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Spend a little extra and get yourself the Ecco's!

#118 Brent4567

Brent4567

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139007
  • Ebay ID:birdie_man456
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Can't beat Ecco shoes in my mind.

#119 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

Glengoyne 21yr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 1013

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

I tried those shoes, and didn't feel as though they offered a stable enough platform, then again, I hit the ball... so I went with Ecco Worldclass.
SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

#120 jli2636

jli2636

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129436
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostTheBUNKY, on 27 February 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

View PostAgent Jim, on 06 August 2011 - 12:13 AM, said:

Cardiff is listed as waterproof and the Ecco is not, that would be a selling point for me as I play in the dew

This is what sold me on the Cardiff's.

The new Adidas are not waterproof and cheaper. The ECCO's are not waterproof and more expensive.

I'd rather spend the extra $20-30 more for the Cardiff's over the Adidas and have a two year waterproof warranty.

I wear Footjoy Contours normally, and I own three pair of those but I wanted the more casual look of these. I know FJ has a spikeless Contour coming out in March but I don't like the looks of those. I owned a pair of True TOUR's last Summer but the lack of a heel in them really didn't work for me. Hopefully these Cardiff's will work out.

Just saw some FJ Contour casuals at a local store tonight, damn my fat feet :angry22:  They felt good except for it feeling like my foot was going to explode out of the sides. They were a slick looking shoe. Ended up getting a pair of ECCO Streets(not premiers to my understanding) for $65 instead.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors