Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Shaft for 105 swing speed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cdizzy

cdizzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129695
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

I'm looking for the best shaft for me on my new driver. I have a 105 mph swing speed and am currently using a Titleist 909 D2 9.5 head with a Diamana blue board 65 S shaft. I am most likely switching to the 910 D3 or Razr hawk Tour. I am looking for a more penetrating ball flight with lower spin rates (mine is about 3200). My ball speed is approximately 150. I'm also looking for more roll.

Thanks for your advice,
Cdizzy

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 one9reasons

one9reasons

Shanksalot

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93003
  • Ebay ID:one9reasons
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:15 PM

kind of interesting stats ... do you have any of the other variables like launch angle noted?  i am estimating that with that backspin versus what you have listed for SS and Ball Speed, you have a steep AofA causing the higher than desired backspin.  without really changing anything in the swing, have you tried the diamana wb or even the aftermarket ahina?

#3 Grobster

Grobster

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50512
  • Ebay ID:the_grobs
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:32 AM

The key factor missing is your launch angle.  

If this is currently a healthy figure around the 12 to 14 degree area, then before doing anything rash try a premium low spin ball.  Maybe something like a Srixon Z Star XV.  Depending on what ball you are currently using it might just bring the spin down a couple of hundred rpm and give you a bit of extra roll.  It will be a far cheaper experiment than changing shaft or club.

#4 scifisicko

scifisicko

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90910
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:12 AM

Adjustable hozel on the 910 will help. Heavier Kalli and the Ahina will also bring flight and spin down, could even go X, loads of other options to try including Devo 6. Dont discount the D2, you can usually adjust it to get similar flight to the D3 and its more forgiving. You dont need a huge amount of spin reduction, tour players with your swing speed are around 2500 spin +. You should be able to get this tweaking the 910 hozel and by playing with their formidable shaft line up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors