Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Adding weight to grip end of club?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pinmaster

Pinmaster

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114080
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

Can someone explain to me what affect adding weight to the butt end of the club has on a shaft or swing?

The reason I ask is that I picked up a medicus power meter to tinker with. I notice that The club feels better to me and I hit better shots with the extra weight on the hands end of the club.

Edited by Pinmaster, 13 May 2011 - 10:54 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Potatohead

Potatohead

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124789
  • Ebay ID:n8s_stang
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

One reason is to reduce swingweight. Other reason is some people think it's easier to get the club in the slot when there is more weight in the butt end.

#3 Pinmaster

Pinmaster

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114080
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:28 PM

View PostPotatohead, on 13 May 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

One reason is to reduce swingweight. Other reason is some people think it's easier to get the club in the slot when there is more weight in the butt end.

It seems that I may be one of those people and never knew it until I put the medicus on the club. I will try some led tape adn see what the results are.

#4 BPinNC

BPinNC

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88344
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

I've done the same on two of my drivers to get them similar to another I have. 4 grams below the grip does the trick for me. It makes me feel like the head is lighter and feels like I can swing it faster with a higher overall static weight.
VR Pro Ltd. 8.5* RIP Alpha 60X
VR Pro Ltd. 15* RIP Alpha 80X
HALO 19* RIP Alpha 105X
VR forged Procombo DG Pro X100 3-pw
588 RTX 52.10/58.08 DG S400
Cleveland T-Frame 35"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors