Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

right arm on back swing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 silver77

silver77

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43221
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

Right Arm in Backswing....supinate?
Okay....so I've long been confused about the role of the right arm in the backswing. I tried something different yesterday (for me) where it FEELS as if I'm supinating my right arm in the backswing and i can feel a good amount of power loading up in my wrist **** like the back of my right wrist wants to face the target and the left wants to return to impact . This has kept my elbow in a little bit (not flying out) and I feel a little more tension (the good kind). On the downswing it felt like I could just explode with power.

Is this the TRUE role of how the right arm should feel in the backswing? I was able to keep my right wrist cupped for a good amount of time in the downswing as well and had a very explosive, natural follow through.  I have decent hands.....I just want to take them out of the equation and I wonder if this is the correct role of the right arm because it could really take my ball striking to the next level.

Again...my whole point is that the right arm FEELS as if its supinating in the backswing. Is this correct?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 russc

russc

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113539
GolfWRX Likes : 368

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

View Postsilver77, on 09 May 2011 - 08:32 PM, said:

Okay....so I've long been confused about the role of the right arm in the backswing. I tried something different yesterday (for me) where it FEELS as if I'm supinating my right arm in the backswing and i can feel a good amount of power loading up in my wrist **** like the back of my right wrist wants to face the target and the left wants to return to impact . This has kept my elbow in a little bit (not flying out) and I feel a little more tension (the good kind). On the downswing it felt like I could just explode with power.

Is this the TRUE role of how the right arm should feel in the backswing? I was able to keep my right wrist cupped for a good amount of time in the downswing as well and had a very explosive, natural follow through.  I have decent hands.....I just want to take them out of the equation and I wonder if this is the correct role of the right arm because it could really take my ball striking to the next level.

Again...my whole point is that the right arm FEELS as if its supinating in the backswing. Is this correct?

The role of the right arm on the backswing is to bend at the elbow .This bending  of the elbow hides the proper setting of the wrists.The problem with feeling the right arm supinating is not that it does not supinate ,it does; the problem is that supinating  of the right arm can easily lead to a backswing where the right elbow is too far behind the body at the top of the backswing.The solution is to perform really the same motion but focus on turning the left forearm clockwise.This will shallow the club correctly going back with less risk of getting the right elbow way behind the body

#3 russc

russc

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113539
GolfWRX Likes : 368

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:44 PM

View Postsilver77, on 09 May 2011 - 08:32 PM, said:

The role of the right arm on the backswing is to bend at the elbow .This bending  of the elbow hides the proper setting of the wrists.The problem with feeling the right arm supinating is not that it does not supinate ,it does; the problem is that supinating  of the right arm can easily lead to a backswing where the right elbow is too far behind the body at the top of the backswing.The solution is to perform really the same motion but focus on turning the left forearm clockwise.This will shallow the club correctly going back with less risk of getting the right elbow way behind the body

#4 DukeNasty

DukeNasty

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36414
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

Watch this video starting at 2:24.  Understanding how the right arm works will revolutionize the game of golf for you...and simplify it greatly!!!

Edited by DukeNasty, 10 May 2011 - 09:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors