Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 7 votes

***KBS TOUR C-TAPER vs. PROJECT X***

1207 replies to this topic

#61 Chappie

Chappie

Let's play sometime!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78190
  • Ebay ID:thechappie
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

Well, if you're gaining 10% more distance, it's likely you're going to shoot better.  Any time you are gaining a club length in distance, you are making it easier on yourself to score, that's what's so intriguing to me I think, at least when trying to qualify all the numbers into something tangible.

Edited by Chappie, 03 May 2011 - 01:02 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 tdk8180

tdk8180

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77908
GolfWRX Likes : 154

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:31 AM

View PostChappie, on 03 May 2011 - 01:02 AM, said:

Well, if you're gaining 10% more distance, it's likely you're going to shoot better.  Any time you are gaining a club length in distance, you are making it easier on yourself to score, that's what's so intriguing to me I think, at least when trying to qualify all the numbers into something tangible.

I don't care about an increase in distance, especially 10%.

PW120+12=132
9 - 130 13 143
8 - 140 14 154
7 - 150 15 165
6 - 170 17 187
5 - 180 18 198
4 - 190 19 209

Tell me where I benefit from an increase in distance.  I can hit my PW instead of my 9 iron from 130 out....who cares.

With a 10 percent increase in distance, you know that means to me.  I'm going to pull my 5 iron out from 200 yds and when I miss it just a little bit and goes my regular distance of 185, it ends up in a bunker.  That doesn't benefit me, where as I would have pulled my 4 iron out, missed it and still carried the bunker.

So these C-Tapers basically are going to have larger ranges for distances, meaning, I hit my 4 iron 209 sometimes and other times it goes195.  So, I'm curious to hear if the guys hitting these shafts are consistently longer, not just longer.  It's hard to determine the validity of some opinions on equipment here because 1.) I'm not hitting the shafts or clubs and 2.) New equipment gives posters the "my new girlfriend is sooooo awesome" effect.  Let's see after 50 rounds, if they are still in the bag.  I'd rather keep my PX satins and KNOW how far I flush it and how far I miss it.  That's why those haven't been kicked out of the bag.

Edited by tdk8180, 03 May 2011 - 01:34 AM.

#63 kenwiggins11

kenwiggins11

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117327
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:37 AM

View Posttdk8180, on 03 May 2011 - 12:58 AM, said:

All of this great to hear, but tell me when your scoring average goes down, that's when I'll be intrigued by all of this.  You can search for better equipment all you want, but if it doesn't mean you're getting better (or worse) then it looks like you're in golf purgatory with everybody else playing different equipment.
Pl
My theory is this.  If I can shoot 77 with a set of DG S300's and Game Improvement heads, A driver that isn't fit for me but performs ok, and a putter that feels ok VS shooting 77 with spec'd out PX satins in X-protos, Diamana Blueboard ION finish shaft, untipped, etc, a Putter bent to my specs and weighted properly....WHY would I ever play equipment that I DON'T want to play VS equipment that ENJOY playing.  If I'm shooting the same scores anyway, then play what you want, but be realistic in the fact that the equipment is NOT making you better or allowing you to shoot that 77, let alone the rare 69 or 70 you put up, or the 86-88, garbage day you had.

Hey my scoring average went down..... Way down :) Are you intrigued?  I agree that you should play what ever makes you happy. Equipment advances have helped people shoot lower scores. Just today Edna was in the golf shop got fitted for some hybrid clubs she was playing some old clubs  she got from her husband. Her score dropped about 5 strokes a round.  I think the equipment helped her out. It wasnt the lessons she had in between {she didn't have any) or all the range time  she put in (she didn't make it to the range). oh I thought it was the caffeine she drinking then soon realized she was drinking decaffeinated coffee. Duped again! I thought could these clubs that properly fit help her shoot better.  Then I thought no way it could be the clubs. So I asked, Edna replied, these clubs helped me shoot lower scores.  I believed her but was I being nieve. Nahh I just think your theory is a poor one.

Edited by kenwiggins11, 03 May 2011 - 08:14 AM.

#64 Chappie

Chappie

Let's play sometime!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78190
  • Ebay ID:thechappie
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:42 AM

View Posttdk8180, on 03 May 2011 - 01:31 AM, said:

PW120+12=132
9 - 130 13 143
8 - 140 14 154
7 - 150 15 165
6 - 170 17 187
5 - 180 18 198
4 - 190 19 209

Tell me where I benefit from an increase in distance.  I can hit my PW instead of my 9 iron from 130 out....who cares.

With a 10 percent increase in distance, you know that means to me.  I'm going to pull my 5 iron out from 200 yds and when I miss it just a little bit and goes my regular distance of 185, it ends up in a bunker.  That doesn't benefit me, where as I would have pulled my 4 iron out, missed it and still carried the bunker.

So these C-Tapers basically are going to have larger ranges for distances, meaning, I hit my 4 iron 209 sometimes and other times it goes195.  So, I'm curious to hear if the guys hitting these shafts are consistently longer, not just longer.  It's hard to determine the validity of some opinions on equipment here because 1.) I'm not hitting the shafts or clubs and 2.) New equipment gives posters the "my new girlfriend is sooooo awesome" effect.  Let's see after 50 rounds, if they are still in the bag.  I'd rather keep my PX satins and KNOW how far I flush it and how far I miss it.  That's why those haven't been kicked out of the bag.

Well, I guess maybe I just don't see it the same.  I'm a pretty good ball striker, and I can't tell you that there's a time in the meaty part of the season where I feel I'm going to miss the center of the club face enough to put me short by 15 yards.  5? yes, that's definitely possible, but 15?  I can't name a time last year where that ever happened past June.

As far as knowing, you can learn a lot from a trackman session.  If you are consistently flighting a 6i 200 yards with a new shaft, and consistently flighting it 180 with your current one, it will produce those results.  It's not like you get home and all of a sudden the shaft decides to be a bad boy.  ;)

#65 Babycakes

Babycakes

King of the Dudes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125034
  • Location:"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." Francis Bacon
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:10 AM

Anyone know if Scratch Golf plans to offer these as an option on thier clubs?
Miura and Vega as well... anyone got a line on these being offered soon?

#66 speeder757

speeder757

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1570
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:52 AM

I Definetly Want To Try These Out... However A Few Thoughts..... Why Would You Want Lower Spin And Lower Launch Than Project X In Your Irons? For Me Personally I Would Prefer Higher Launch With Low Or Optimal Spin. The Higher I Can Launch My Irons The Better For Me And Spin Is Your Friend Most Of The Time With The Irons And Wedges. Plus That Alows Me To Play A Lower Spinning Ball For Maximum Driver Distance. It Is Easier To Knock The Ball Down Or Flight The Ball Lower Than It Is To Hit Nice High Towering Irons........

#67 DNice26

DNice26

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,656 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:12 AM

I had a trackman account about a month ago and I checked my 6 iron numbers (hitting range balls btw) just now (this is with my MP68s with KBS Tour Stiff shafts).  I think the main numbers were BallSpeed= 126mph, Launch = 17 and Spin was 5900.  It looks like my spin is ok, but my launch appears to be much higher than pro average (14-15).  I'm planning to get a set of more forgiving irons (MP53/63 combo), but I wonder if these C-Tapers would be too low spin for me.  I'm planning to go with either PX or C-Tapers.

Thoughts????
Ping G30 10.5, AD DI 7X, 45"
TM RBZ S2, Blue Board X
Mizuno MP64 5-PW, C-Taper S+
Titleist SM5, 50S, 56S & 60K
Scotty Kombi S, 34" SS 3.0

#68 scs1070

scs1070

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23195
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

A 10% sudden jump in distance would send shock waves through my game.  I dont know if I would know what club to pull on a specific shot.  I would be more concerned on the lower irons and the gaps in my wedges.  All that said, the idea of being able to lower the flight down has me thinking.

I play my irons at +2".  I wonder how this would effect the SW and launch/spin #'s for these.  I play X100's now at the same length, so it would have to be similar.

#69 OzzDOA

OzzDOA

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88786
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

I'm wondering how these compare to the TT Black Golds from a few years back.  I have tried DG's, DG SLs, PX's(flighted and reg), Nippon NSPros and keep going back to the Black Golds.
Cram it with walnuts!

#70 swanry30

swanry30

VaporWRX

• 3,729 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14598
  • Ebay ID:swanry30
GolfWRX Likes : 420

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:58 AM

PW120+12=132
9 - 130 13 143
8 - 140 14 154
7 - 150 15 165
6 - 170 17 187
5 - 180 18 198
4 - 190 19 209

you bring up some great points!

FOR ME...  there are FEW people on the board that i can really trust with information (NOT CALLING ANYONE LIARS - YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW SOMEONE ELSE'S GAME TO FILTER PRODUCT REVIEWS).  if you don't know how they play, what their ball flight is, strong/weak points it is a total crap shoot.  one of the reasons i have FOUR PEOPLE involved with this thread and testing is that it brings a variety of players into the mix.  also TRACKMAN data can help everyone who has access to a monitor find out if these shafts could work for them.  NUMBERS DON'T LIE.  

how long did it take for you to get use to your PX satin distances?  great shafts aren't they!!! probably more than one round - what about the feel?  again, probably took some time.  so far i haven't seen a ball that came off the face that gave you that WHAT IN THE HELL distance.  the distance range will just change slightly depending on the user.

let me ask you a question...  you have the same accuracy from your PW - 9?  what about your 9-8? 8-7? 7-6? 6-5? 5-4?  why not be able to hit a more accurate iron into the green.  seems to work for some guy - mainly tour guys.  BUBBA does pretty well hitting shorter iron into greens - so did a young dude one time named TIGER.

if you read our findings it is a consistent increase.

finally the girlfriend affect will always be out there with some posters.  i can honestly say that i have never STARTED a thread and given positive comments about a product unless it holds water.  if i see myself keeping it in the bag i will write about it.  if not - why waste your time and mine?  it takes about 5 hours of on and away from the computer getting a solid review up...  i have way better things to do with my time and so do you...

are they for everyone?  maybe not.  would they benefit you?  from the sounds of it - yes, if you are open to it.

and trust me i am not offended if you don't like these shafts.  my PX are still in my irons - because i keep thinking their is going to be a flaw with the C-TAPERs.  only problem is i see more flaws in the PX as my testing continues.  for Brad it is a no brainer - STRAIGHT into his bag, coming from what he was playing.

:drinks:

Nike CT 2.0 10.5* - Motore Speeder 7.2TS
Nike CT 2.0 15* - Motore Speeder 8.2TS
Nike CP 17* hybrid - TOUR AD DI 95x
Nike 2014 Split Cavity 3-PW - PX 6.5
Nike MOD 30 - SS Flatso Ultra 1.1
Nike Raw VR Forged 54.12 / 58.10
WITB Link

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#71 swanry30

swanry30

VaporWRX

• 3,729 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

All of this great to hear, but tell me when your scoring average goes down, that's when I'll be intrigued by all of this.  You can search for better equipment all you want, but if it doesn't mean you're getting better (or worse) then it looks like you're in golf purgatory with everybody else playing different equipment.

My theory is this.  If I can shoot 77 with a set of DG S300's and Game Improvement heads, A driver that isn't fit for me but performs ok, and a putter that feels ok VS shooting 77 with spec'd out PX satins in X-protos, Diamana Blueboard ION finish shaft, untipped, etc, a Putter bent to my specs and weighted properly....WHY would I ever play equipment that I DON'T want to play VS equipment that ENJOY playing.  If I'm shooting the same scores anyway, then play what you want, but be realistic in the fact that the equipment is NOT making you better or allowing you to shoot that 77, let alone the rare 69 or 70 you put up, or the 86-88, garbage day you had.

BIRDKILLER14's first round with the C-TAPERs - WITHOUT KNOWING HIS EXACT IRON DISTANCES = 69.  when you can properly FLIGHT irons - things happen.  NO BALLOONING - more hit greens, more birdie opportunities.

tdk8180 - equipment can make people better.  46" drivers won't but - some equipment will make people better.  if you have any questions on the CTAPERs please ask them...  i don't want this to get off track or negative.  thanks...
WITB Link

#72 kenwiggins11

kenwiggins11

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

View Postswanry30, on 03 May 2011 - 09:14 AM, said:

BIRDKILLER14's first round with the C-TAPERs - WITHOUT KNOWING HIS EXACT IRON DISTANCES = 69.  when you can properly FLIGHT irons - things happen.  NO BALLOONING - more hit greens, more birdie opportunities.

tdk8180 - equipment can make people better.  46" drivers won't but - some equipment will make people better.  if you have any questions on the CTAPERs please ask them...  i don't want this to get off track or negative.  thanks...

I agree I like to try to keep things positive here :drinks:  I am always trying to find ways to improve.  I have a long way to go but always have appreciated the input and feedback that people give.  What it comes down to is I love the game.  I imagine myself becoming a great player.  Does the mean I'm going to to join the tour.  No!, but it motivates me and enjoy the challenge that golf presents.

#73 Metalhead

Metalhead

I love this GAME!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

View Postkenwiggins11, on 03 May 2011 - 09:41 AM, said:

I agree I like to try to keep things positive here :drinks:  I am always trying to find ways to improve.  I have a long way to go but always have appreciated the input and feedback that people give.  What it comes down to is I love the game.  I imagine myself becoming a great player.  Does the mean I'm going to to join the tour.  No!, but it motivates me and enjoy the challenge that golf presents.

I don't know Ken, your pre-shot routine is much like a PGA Tour player...so you got that part down;)

#74 PingDrv00

PingDrv00

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21573
  • Handicap:3.2
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

If these shafts are as you say, than I have to give them a shot.  Do you know what the price will be per shaft?  I am figuring pretty high?
Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

#75 kenwiggins11

kenwiggins11

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:35 AM

View PostMetalhead, on 03 May 2011 - 10:02 AM, said:

View Postkenwiggins11, on 03 May 2011 - 09:41 AM, said:

I don't know Ken, your pre-shot routine is much like a PGA Tour player...so you got that part down;)

Thanks Metalhead! :crazy:  Someday I will make it out of this porta potty I am living in and join the PGA Tour! Golf Channel could pick it up! One man! One dream! To make it out of his crappy living arrangments and join the tour! Porta Dream

#76 BirdKiller14

BirdKiller14

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100373

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

View Postswanry30, on 03 May 2011 - 08:58 AM, said:

PW120+12=132
9 - 130 13 143
8 - 140 14 154
7 - 150 15 165
6 - 170 17 187
5 - 180 18 198
4 - 190 19 209

FOR ME...  there are FEW people on the board that i can really trust with information (NOT CALLING ANYONE LIARS - YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW SOMEONE ELSE'S GAME TO FILTER PRODUCT REVIEWS).  if you don't know how they play, what their ball flight is, strong/weak points it is a total crap shoot.  one of the reasons i have FOUR PEOPLE involved with this thread and testing is that it brings a variety of players into the mix.  also TRACKMAN data can help everyone who has access to a monitor find out if these shafts could work for them.  NUMBERS DON'T LIE.  

how long did it take for you to get use to your PX satin distances?  great shafts aren't they!!! probably more than one round - what about the feel?  again, probably took some time.  so far i haven't seen a ball that came off the face that gave you that WHAT IN THE HELL distance.  the distance range will just change slightly depending on the user.

let me ask you a question...  you have the same accuracy from your PW - 9?  what about your 9-8? 8-7? 7-6? 6-5? 5-4?  why not be able to hit a more accurate iron into the green.  seems to work for some guy - mainly tour guys.  BUBBA does pretty well hitting shorter iron into greens - so did a young dude one time named TIGER.

finally the girlfriend affect will always be out there with some posters.  i can honestly say that i have never STARTED a thread and given positive comments about a product unless it holds water.  if i see myself keeping it in the bag i will write about it.  if not - why waste your time and mine?  it takes about 5 hours of on and away from the computer getting a solid review up...  i have way better things to do with my time and so do you...

are they for everyone?  maybe not.  would they benefit you?  from the sounds of it - yes, if you are open to it.

and trust me i am not offended if you don't like these shafts.  my PX are still in my irons - because i keep thinking their is going to be a flaw with the C-TAPERs.  only problem is i see more flaws in the PX as my testing continues.  for Brad it is a no brainer - STRAIGHT into his bag, coming from what he was playing.

You make some good points but my gains are across the board and yes I added a 50' wedge for the gap I had. The main thing I would like to stress is this shaft is very stable and the dispersion is very tight on miss hits. On Sunday I played and #17 is a par 3 210 yards the pin was playing in the back and my laser said 221I played a five iron and did not put a good swing on it at all!!!Posted Image But guess what I only had a 25 foot putt for birdie instead of coming short of the green like I would have with the old shafts!!! I did shot 69 my first round out just going off my trackman sessions I have had for yardage, It wasn't my best ball striking day but I was still getting looks at birdie cause my miss hits are in a tighter group. You guys can't just think of the spin numbers we are giving you. Launch angle, ball speed, the whole flight of the ball all add's up in the end!! With my KBS tours my miss hits could come up short 20 yards cause the ball would just ballon with spin and fall straight out of the sky, My over all ball flight is way better miss hit's are only 10 yards shorter and they still get the same flight!!! I am just like 98% of you guys with I work 5 days a week that has nothing to do with golf and I practice 4-5 days a week and I have a life!!!! If just swapping shafts can help me just 10% in my round with no added time into my game then to me its a small price to pay!!

#77 harleygolfer43

harleygolfer43

I wish I could turn like that!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126634
  • Ebay ID:mxracer215
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

View PostBirdKiller14, on 03 May 2011 - 11:32 AM, said:

View Postswanry30, on 03 May 2011 - 08:58 AM, said:

PW120+12=132
9 - 130 13 143
8 - 140 14 154
7 - 150 15 165
6 - 170 17 187
5 - 180 18 198
4 - 190 19 209

You make some good points but my gains are across the board and yes I added a 50' wedge for the gap I had. The main thing I would like to stress is this shaft is very stable and the dispersion is very tight on miss hits. On Sunday I played and #17 is a par 3 210 yards the pin was playing in the back and my laser said 221I played a five iron and did not put a good swing on it at all!!!Posted Image But guess what I only had a 25 foot putt for birdie instead of coming short of the green like I would have with the old shafts!!! I did shot 69 my first round out just going off my trackman sessions I have had for yardage, It wasn't my best ball striking day but I was still getting looks at birdie cause my miss hits are in a tighter group. You guys can't just think of the spin numbers we are giving you. Launch angle, ball speed, the whole flight of the ball all add's up in the end!! With my KBS tours my miss hits could come up short 20 yards cause the ball would just ballon with spin and fall straight out of the sky, My over all ball flight is way better miss hit's are only 10 yards shorter and they still get the same flight!!! I am just like 98% of you guys with I work 5 days a week that has nothing to do with golf and I practice 4-5 days a week and I have a life!!!! If just swapping shafts can help me just 10% in my round with no added time into my game then to me its a small price to pay!!

+1 He!! ya to that post!

#78 BirdKiller14

BirdKiller14

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100373

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

View PostDNice26, on 03 May 2011 - 07:12 AM, said:

I had a trackman account about a month ago and I checked my 6 iron numbers (hitting range balls btw) just now (this is with my MP68s with KBS Tour Stiff shafts).  I think the main numbers were BallSpeed= 126mph, Launch = 17 and Spin was 5900.  It looks like my spin is ok, but my launch appears to be much higher than pro average (14-15).  I'm planning to get a set of more forgiving irons (MP53/63 combo), but I wonder if these C-Tapers would be too low spin for me.  I'm planning to go with either PX or C-Tapers.

Thoughts????

I think you should give them a try!! I can only tell you what I know and the numbers I am getting with X flex!!! Your launch will get lower and your spin will reduce but how much I cant tell you!!!

#79 foreright360

foreright360

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6609
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

View Postswanry30, on 02 May 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

GENTLEMEN...

Are we assuming that there are no women who read this board?

#80 blade_man

blade_man

Major Winner

• 2,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47994
  • Ebay ID:napaman
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

View PostPingDrv00, on 03 May 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

If these shafts are as you say, than I have to give them a shot.  Do you know what the price will be per shaft?  I am figuring pretty high?

KBS has them at MSP of $35 per shaft

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#81 Mat905s

Mat905s

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21064
  • Ebay ID:mat905s
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

I've seen lots of post comparing the X flex c-taper to the PX 6.5 or KBS tour X but are the C Taper going to be offered in a flex similar to PX Satin 7.0?

Thanks

#82 blade_man

blade_man

Major Winner

• 2,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47994
  • Ebay ID:napaman
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

View PostMat905s, on 03 May 2011 - 02:34 PM, said:

I've seen lots of post comparing the X flex c-taper to the PX 6.5 or KBS tour X but are the C Taper going to be offered in a flex similar to PX Satin 7.0?

Thanks

The c tapers will offer an R and an R+ flex but that will be June or so, they have the S at 120 gm, the S+ at 125 gm, and the X at 130 gm

#83 Eagle006

Eagle006

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41616
  • Ebay ID:eagle006
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

Accepting the fact I am not in a position to get fit for these at the moment, are these likely to be any good for a mortal like me who shots high 70s - mid 80's and only hits his 7 iron 150 - 155 with high flight and spin?

#84 kenwiggins11

kenwiggins11

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

View Postforeright360, on 03 May 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

GENTLEMEN...

"Assumption is the mother of screw up" I think he used GENTLEMAN as catchy lead in to capture the attention of the women audience.... or it could of been used a figure of speech or his highly paid Editor and PR person missed it in the editing process. ooops there I go assuming

Edited by kenwiggins11, 03 May 2011 - 02:55 PM.

#85 jdg2494

jdg2494

I have won as many majors as Brandel Chamblee.....Zero!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37650
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

This all sounds good, but my question is, do any of these shafts contain Zolex?  If they don't, they are garbage.  Jack Hamm says that Zolex is the future.  I need a 6 iron I can hit 230 yards and yell BOOM...POW! when I hit it.  Can these shafts do that for me?

LOL!!!

View PostBirdKiller14, on 02 May 2011 - 06:23 PM, said:

Well boys these are the real deal!!!! I am at work so I will leave a small post with a ton more to come!!! I have played almost every shaft there is from PX to tour issue x100's and KBS tours and nothing has had a better flight, launch, spin and FEEL!!!! It is a very hard thing to describe the feel of these shafts but what I feel is the clubhead snapping thru the ball with force!! It is something you have to feel to know what i am talking about but they feel like butter! Played yesterday and the whole day all I could think after hitting every iron shot was PROTRACER!!!! I have become so use to balloning ball flights due to spin it was such a night and day difference. I was thinking with the spin reduction trackman was giving me that I might have to change balls, I was dead wrong!! I hit a 6 iron into a par 5 from 197 and the ball was maybe 7 inches away from the ball mark!!!
6 IRON
KBS TOUR X 6800-7000 spin 170-175 carry
PROJECT X 6.5 4800-5000 spin 185-190 carry
KBS C-TAPERS X 4200-4500 spin 200-205 carry

The boys at FST have made the holly grail in iron shafts and I can say I have no need to look for anything better cause I am not going to find it!!! I will be updating off and on and will be writing a better review with some more trackman and on course testing!!! So stay tuned for some more pics and maybe some video!!!
I need to get back to work so I hope this helps some people out for now!!! More to comePosted Image

#86 NWS Alpine

NWS Alpine

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108914
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

View PostBabycakes, on 03 May 2011 - 02:10 AM, said:

Anyone know if Scratch Golf plans to offer these as an option on thier clubs?
Miura and Vega as well... anyone got a line on these being offered soon?

Scratch will def have these available.  They are close with KBS and have shown some of their products with Scratch heads at the PGA show.  Scratch will get whatever you want.

#87 mflores

mflores

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38844
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

I'm having some wedges built and thnking of building them with the C Tapers

I play KBS tours in my irons - but  I want to lower my wedge trajectory (GW and SW) and thinking of pairing the wedges with the c taper.

I have heard not so good reviews of the hi revs.

Am I over thinking this? I was orginally going to stick with KBS tours in the wedges but I am getting caught up in the hype. Will these work well in wedges or will the feel be so different from the KBS tours that it will screw me up?

Thanks
SLDR Accra Tour Z LS
TEE XCG7 15 Black Tie
2007 Burner TP 5 wood
Titleist 714 AP2 PXi 4-PW
Scotty Cameron Golo N7
Vokey Forged 50, 54R & 60K

#88 albatrosser

albatrosser

Major Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73432
GolfWRX Likes : 541

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

I'd love to try these shafts, but until I can find head to head numbers for the C tapers vs. the Nippon SPB's, I'll be a doubter.  I doubt the Taper C's will be any lower launch... I'd be shocked if they had any lower spin, and I'd almost bet the dispersion is no better, if it's even as good.

But I hope you'll prove me wrong.  They're sure purdy to look at!

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

#89 swanry30

swanry30

VaporWRX

• 3,729 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

View Postforeright360, on 03 May 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

GENTLEMEN...

didn't want to waste my time responding to this - but SERIOUSLY...  grammatical errors in the first post too - assuming you caught that?

please start your own thread - LOCATED TOP RIGHT OF YOUR SCREEN.

View PostMat905s, on 03 May 2011 - 02:34 PM, said:

Thanks

they play slightly firmer - HARD STEP = almost dead on to what you need.

View PostEagle006, on 03 May 2011 - 02:50 PM, said:

Accepting the fact I am not in a position to get fit for these at the moment, are these likely to be any good for a mortal like me who shots high 70s - mid 80's and only hits his 7 iron 150 - 155 with high flight and spin?

if you have a high flight and high spin it doesn't matter how far you hit your 7 iron.  choose the correct flex and BINGO.  you will be hitting your 7 iron 160-170 as a result...

View Postalbatrosser, on 03 May 2011 - 04:38 PM, said:

I'd love to try these shafts, but until I can find head to head numbers for the C tapers vs. the Nippon SPB's, I'll be a doubter.  I doubt the Taper C's will be any lower launch... I'd be shocked if they had any lower spin, and I'd almost bet the dispersion is no better, if it's even as good.

But I hope you'll prove me wrong.  They're sure purdy to look at!

haven't hit them personally...  NIPPON makes some great shafts that are VERY LOW LAUNCHING.  for you the differences may not be enough.  for those in other shafts....

Edited by swanry30, 03 May 2011 - 05:15 PM.

WITB Link

#90 highergr0und

highergr0und

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 758

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

How well do they stop with all that distance and low spin?  Having any issues having the long irons hitting the greens and bouncing right over?

That carry is awesome on the 6, but that spin and descent angle seems a little on the low side.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors