Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 7 votes

***KBS TOUR C-TAPER vs. PROJECT X***


1207 replies to this topic

#1171 acesneights

acesneights

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1244
  • Joined: 05/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

Not sure why but I have been having severe wrist pain since switching from x100 to cts+... any one jnow why? botj are same swingweght. Clear;y the x1 are heavier and I would have thought it would have ben other way. I agree with earlier poster that these are more harsh than x1 or px6... I am more of a sweeper,

#1172 noob2play

noob2play

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141395
  • Joined: 10/06/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

View Postacesneights, on 04 April 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Not sure why but I have been having severe wrist pain since switching from x100 to cts+... any one jnow why? botj are same swingweght. Clear;y the x1 are heavier and I would have thought it would have ben other way. I agree with earlier poster that these are more harsh than x1 or px6... I am more of a sweeper,
Check with doctor?

#1173 Ezgolfer

Ezgolfer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19575
  • Joined: 09/18/2006
  • Location:OB
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

View Postacesneights, on 04 April 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Not sure why but I have been having severe wrist pain since switching from x100 to cts+... any one jnow why? botj are same swingweght. Clear;y the x1 are heavier and I would have thought it would have ben other way. I agree with earlier poster that these are more harsh than x1 or px6... I am more of a sweeper,

I had the same exact problem......
Moved one flex down much better now.

#1174 ToysRUs

ToysRUs

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 783 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46878
  • Joined: 01/23/2008
  • Location:Brentwood, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

View Postnoob2play, on 05 April 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

View Postacesneights, on 04 April 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Not sure why but I have been having severe wrist pain since switching from x100 to cts+... any one jnow why? botj are same swingweght. Clear;y the x1 are heavier and I would have thought it would have ben other way. I agree with earlier poster that these are more harsh than x1 or px6... I am more of a sweeper,
Check with doctor?

Take up Needlepoint?  :man_in_love:

Really, See a Doc.

Edited by ToysRUs, 05 April 2012 - 05:34 AM.


#1175 acesneights

acesneights

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1244
  • Joined: 05/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Looks as though I may need to get some lessons in grammar as well. Did I really type that? If it does not go away I will see a doctor. I just thought it was interesting that I did not have pain until the very first day I used these. I did play 27 that day, which I normally play 18. Happened to be in a tournament and played 18 the next day as well. Just curious as to whether or not anyone else had the same issue. As for going down in flex, I did go from X1 to these in S+ so I thought I was going down a bit... Maybe I'll give some stiffs a try.


#1176 UWHuskies

UWHuskies

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180284
  • Joined: 05/10/2012
  • Location:Cottleville, MO
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

I posted this on another C Taper review as well.  Love seeing so many PNW's up in here!  I grew up in Redmond, WA but job transferred me here to St. Louis in 2003.

I used to live at the Super Range in Everett at night and worked at West Seattle, Willows Run, and few others over the years while in college at UW.

Few questions as I'm brand new to this forum.  I just play golf and honestly know nothing about shafts.  I am a very high ball hitter and always just look for feel and trajectory when it comes to picking my clubs.  

I recently hit the TM MC's with C Tapers in them and they felt great.  This week I hit the AP2's with C taper S's and S+'s in them and the numbers were staggering.  My buddy is a pro and a Titleist rep so I trust him and his launch monitor.  Although I almost asked him if this thing is right and/or if it needed to be calibrated.

I have Cally X forged from 2007 with PX 6.5's, 2* upright, 1/4" over.  I've been playing these for almost 6 years and loving them.  But my Titleist buddy said I needed to try the C Tapers.  He hits it really high and so pure and he's playing the S's.  He said he liked to play soft irons because he doesn't typically swing 100%.  

He also said nobody plays the C tapers in X flex, not even most pros.  I don't know how true that is but anyway.  

My launch #'s with the AP2 6i in the C Taper S on the launch monitor were 138MPH ball speed, 17* launch (If I recall launch angle correctly) and my carry was 200-203.

Maybe I was getting tired or just making bad swings but then I tried the S+, 1/2" over standard (I think) and my ball speed went down 2-3MPH and I was hitting it 195.

No clue as to the reason why but just found it interesting.

My normal 6i with my Callys and PX6.5's is 185 average and maybe 195 if I really step on it.  With the C Tapers I was launching it lower and flying it 15 yards further with TOP FLIGHT RANGE BALLS.  I didn't even feel like I was making great swings or swinging 100%. That is scary if I pick up at least a club in length and lower my spin with the C-Tapers.

Now I'm really torn as to the AP2's or MC's.  I was going to get the Mizuno MP59's or 69's but I can't order them with C Tapers in them yet I don' think.

I guess my main questions are why would my numbers drop going to stiffer shaft if you say the X is really more like the 6.5's?  Unless I was just making poor tired swings.  

I'm trying to figure out which flex of C taper to go with.  My 6i swing speed is 95-98MPH I believe.  I prefer to swing smooth, 85% most of the time.  I have a medium tempo I think.  

On a side note I tried the 910D3 7.5* head with a custom Fuji Speeder VC 7.2X and wow I think I finally found my driver shaft.  1950-2500 spin rate, 284 carry with 12-14* launch (going off memory here).  With my driver espeically I've always had a problem with too much spin but I'm never short so I just put up with it.  I currently have an 8.5* 910D3 with the Ahina X flex in it and it's ok but my spin is often 3000-3500 which is horrible.
TaylorMade SLDR TP 9.5* w Speeder TS6.3x
Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 13* w/ UST V2 75x
Ping i20 17* & 20* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/C-Taper 130x SS
Cleveland 588 54* & 60*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

#1177 ngw257

ngw257

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156177
  • Joined: 01/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

I love the finish on the c tapers, they sound like swords against each other

#1178 neova

neova

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97802
  • Joined: 11/02/2009
  • Location:Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
  • Ebay ID:neova2
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

I'm late to the game but better late than never right?

Picked up a set of c-taper s+ pulls 3-PW, SW, LW and installed then into my C-Protype after talking to another WRXer who had the same set up. I played two rounds with the existing shafts (PX 6.0 Flighted) before throwing the C-Tapers S+ in.

I was a bit comprehensive at first because my two rounds with the PX wasn't that great, plus my recent experiment with KBS Tour X resulted in a lost of 1 club in carry as was the same case with X100 but just smoother feeling. So moving to the C-Taper S+ might have been just a more expensive mistake.

However a lot of you guys said the C-Taper plays softer than the measured FCM and that was verified on my first bucket of balls at the range prior to my round yesterday.

The feel of the C-Tapers is just unparalleled compared to the DG/PX/KBS Tours that I've played and imperfect hits go just as far as my good hits with the other shafts! This safety net gave me the license to swing the way I want which took away any apprehension about mishits and promoted a much smoother and quicker tempo that resulted in higher avg club head speed! This is where I believe my real gain in distances come from in addition to the lower spin!

like OP said that it's the controlled misses that really sets this shaft apart - normally an imperfect hit will result in carrying a club or more short but with the C-tapers we are talking about only 3-5 yards short which is absolutely awesome for distance controll!!! Because of these controlled mishits I was often able to still reach the green in regulation  for long birdie chances rather than trying to get up and down to save par.

I ended up shooting about 10 shots less in my first round with the C-Tapers (82 vs 92 last week).

The C-tapers are especially lethal in my wedges - its like throwing darts with controlled trajectory and exact distances. Contact feels very solid and any vibration from even the poorest mishits are minimized like it has a built-in sensicore...

All in all even if you don't care about longer distances in your irons, you should give these a try to help control or minimize the penalty from mishits.

Edited by neova, 25 June 2012 - 03:36 PM.

Taylormade RBZ 2 Tour 9 Fubuki a60s
Taylormade RBZ 2 Tour 14.5 Fubuki a70s
Taylormade RBZ 2 Tour 18.5 Fubuki t415s
Fourteen TC930 3-PW Modus 3 120S
Fourteen RM-11 52.08/58.08 C-Taper 125S+
Bettinardi BB35 355g 35"

#1179 csminor

csminor

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 182954
  • Joined: 05/25/2012
  • Ebay ID:majminor
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

Just purchased Mirua PP irons with C-taper shafts stiff with Iomic grips.   I love the flight and ball penetration.    The question is on the flight monitor for fitting the flight path was low.   Outside and I have about ten rounds in them are higher.   The real deal is that the dispersion is AWESOME..  They go where you are aiming...   I can not say enough that the consistency and tightness of dispersion is great....   The Irons look great and I really enjoy playing with them.   I also added Scratch wedges to the bag and again great feel.   Currently the secs are one inch longer 2 degree upright with a D8 swing weight.

#1180 peteypro

peteypro

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26627
  • Joined: 03/13/2007
  • Location:Philadelphia
  • Ebay ID:petepro10
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

I have c tapers and love the feel.  Coming from dgs300, these really make a difference in ball flight


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#1181 Hstead

Hstead

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95600
  • Joined: 09/30/2009
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1159

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

i had an iron fitting last week.  I could not believe how much difference in feel there was between the S-taper, PX, and the DG.  I have been playing X100s for years, like 25 years.  The C-tapers were phenomenal feeling.  I really liked the PX too, but the CTs were the bomb.  I was fit for X flex with the Mizuno Optimizer in KBS Tour, DG, or 6.5 PXs.  The range only had S+ in the 1/2" longer and I loved the feel.  The fitter wanted me to go with X flexes, but I was skeptical because my numbers were dead on, 15.2 launch 5850 spin.  The feel was great.  I like the lighter shaft.

I ended up calling KBS and talked to a couple of their tech guys, both told me to order S+ that almost all of the Tour players are hitting S+ and only very few playing X.  So, I have the shafts and am waiting on my new heads to get here tomorrow.  I will be hitting them Friday so I can't wait.  The dispersion was much tighter, they were effortless to swing, the flight was better, spun lower, flew longer, and every time I picked up the DG it felt like a TURD.  I had never been so dissatisfied with my clubs in my life until I hit them side by side with the CTs.
Ping G30 9* 65 Tour X
TaylorMade SLDR Mini 14 Kuro Kage X
Ping i20 3-UW Nippon SP Blue X
Callaway MacDaddy 2 54* and 58*
Scotty Cameron Custom Newport
Bridgestone Tour B330

#1182 Larbear

Larbear

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54273
  • Joined: 04/22/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

I just got off the phone with Nike golf "technical" support, and I asked them about the KBS C-tapers playing stiffer to flex. The guy told me that they do feel stiffer, but they they do play to the correct flex. He said something along the lines of the tip of the KBS C-tapers make the shafts feel stiffer. Hope that helps anyone in between flexes.

#1183 swanry30

swanry30

    VaporWRX

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,747 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14598
  • Joined: 05/07/2006
  • Location:Woodland, WA
  • Ebay ID:swanry30
GolfWRX Likes : 438

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

View Postneova, on 25 June 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

I'm late to the game but better late than never right?

Picked up a set of c-taper s+ pulls 3-PW, SW, LW and installed then into my C-Protype after talking to another WRXer who had the same set up. I played two rounds with the existing shafts (PX 6.0 Flighted) before throwing the C-Tapers S+ in.

I was a bit comprehensive at first because my two rounds with the PX wasn't that great, plus my recent experiment with KBS Tour X resulted in a lost of 1 club in carry as was the same case with X100 but just smoother feeling. So moving to the C-Taper S+ might have been just a more expensive mistake.

However a lot of you guys said the C-Taper plays softer than the measured FCM and that was verified on my first bucket of balls at the range prior to my round yesterday.

The feel of the C-Tapers is just unparalleled compared to the DG/PX/KBS Tours that I've played and imperfect hits go just as far as my good hits with the other shafts! This safety net gave me the license to swing the way I want which took away any apprehension about mishits and promoted a much smoother and quicker tempo that resulted in higher avg club head speed! This is where I believe my real gain in distances come from in addition to the lower spin!

like OP said that it's the controlled misses that really sets this shaft apart - normally an imperfect hit will result in carrying a club or more short but with the C-tapers we are talking about only 3-5 yards short which is absolutely awesome for distance controll!!! Because of these controlled mishits I was often able to still reach the green in regulation  for long birdie chances rather than trying to get up and down to save par.

I ended up shooting about 10 shots less in my first round with the C-Tapers (82 vs 92 last week).

The C-tapers are especially lethal in my wedges - its like throwing darts with controlled trajectory and exact distances. Contact feels very solid and any vibration from even the poorest mishits are minimized like it has a built-in sensicore...

All in all even if you don't care about longer distances in your irons, you should give these a try to help control or minimize the penalty from mishits.

better late than a no show...!

i want to emphasize the "miss hit" statement.  bad shots happen - but when you can tighten up the miss hit and keep them closer to your intended line or target - you can potentially save strokes.  along with the great feel, more penetrating flight, spin control etc... the dividends are paid in tighter dispersion.
Nike CT 2.0 10.5* - Motore Speeder 7.2TS
Nike CT 2.0 15* - Motore Speeder 8.2TS
Nike CP 17* hybrid - TOUR AD DI 95x
Nike 2014 Split Cavity 3-PW - PX 6.5
Nike MOD 30 - SS Flatso Ultra 1.1
Nike Raw VR Forged 54.12 / 58.10
WITB Link

#1184 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124960
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 158

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

I hit these today in two different heads, a 712cb 2 degree up and a std lie tmag mc (little flat for me).  The first few swings were a learning time but once I got dialed in these are sweet. On solid hits the ball (for me) seemed to jump up and immediately flatten out and just go until it ended up right next to the flag. Hit a few different shots and trajectories, you can see the ball flight is tight, mishits didnt go as far off line and the breeze into and off my left did little to effect the ball.  When I hit the mc's I was dialed in and only hit two shots (all I needed).  Two high pure 6 irons dropping right next to the flag.
At first waggle the shaft felt much stiffer than normal but during the swing it had a nice kick and was very smooth, fubuki like but with whiteboard spin. Great combo.
And these things look sooooo sick!!

After those I went to my bag and hit a bucket with my irons, noticing the ball flight was not as flat as the C-tapers but going the about same distance (no exacts), however I can't justify the switch yet. At first impression they are great but I might order a 6 iron to play with and see how it behaves on greens.

#1185 bosoxfan

bosoxfan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14841
  • Joined: 05/16/2006
  • Location:Kansas
  • Ebay ID:kjam100100
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Quick question for you C-Taper vets, I'm going to give them a try sometime soon.  LIke many others, I have had some elbow issues in the past mainly when playing PXs, been playing KBS Tours and Tour 90s with ProSoft inserts, not sure if I needed them or not but they seemed like good insurance.  It seems that the key word with C-Tapers is SMOOOOOOOTH, so do I need the inserts or are they smooth enough that I can forgo them?
Kelly


#1186 Bobcat43

Bobcat43

    E+R= O-H-I-O

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13602
  • Joined: 03/22/2006
  • Location:Middle Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

View Postbosoxfan, on 24 September 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

Quick question for you C-Taper vets, I'm going to give them a try sometime soon.  LIke many others, I have had some elbow issues in the past mainly when playing PXs, been playing KBS Tours and Tour 90s with ProSoft inserts, not sure if I needed them or not but they seemed like good insurance.  It seems that the key word with C-Tapers is SMOOOOOOOTH, so do I need the inserts or are they smooth enough that I can forgo them?
Kelly

I had the same elbow issues you speak of playing the PX. I've played the CTaper (no inserts) all year and haven't had any pain at all. Give 'em a go without and you can always add the Prosofts if needed later.

Edited by Bobcat43, 25 September 2012 - 09:32 PM.


#1187 bosoxfan

bosoxfan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14841
  • Joined: 05/16/2006
  • Location:Kansas
  • Ebay ID:kjam100100
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

Thanks!
KH

#1188 trying2scratch

trying2scratch

    Advanced

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 203751
  • Joined: 09/19/2012
  • Location:London, ON
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

First post here, apologies in advance if I cover something that was already shared.

My background is I'm a about a 15 handicap, played seriously for about the last 3 years.  I'm 6'3 and have a smooth easy type swing, hit my 8 iron 150 yds (adams a1) with an 80% swing.  No swinging for the fences for this guy.  I decided to purchase some new clubs this year, had been playing Adams idea A1 since i started... they were just too big and numb feeling. I felt my game was better then the results they were providing... ha ha. I really wanted to go the forged route.

I experimented with a used set of titleist 695 cb's with a mix of px 6 and DG s300.  Although they felt good on the few shots i put a perfect swing on, they left a lot to be desired.  The px 6 felt better for my swing but really got punished on mishits or partial swings. (could have been the 695cb's but who knows).

Before I picked the Titleist i got a chance to demo the Adams CMB with some C taper s flex.  These things felt amazing, but the price tag was way to high and I didn't want to find out later my game wasn't a good match for these players type irons.

After much research and time spent on GolfWRX (Thanks everyone!)  I decided on some Srixon ZTX2, a close runner up was the Bridgestone j38 DPC but couldn't track down a good 3-pw set.  Found a couple old threads and A member who was selling some ZTX2's with C tapers s flex.... the sky's opened up and I bought them.... Best decision ever!

These things are amazing, this set up feels even better than the Adams cmb's.  The heel to toes is a little longer and the square toe really inspires confidence.  The weight and flex feel like they were custom made in a tour van for me.  I was a little worried that the s flex might be too much for me, but the overall smoothness of these shafts makes up for it.  Partial shots still feel great and mis hits are only marginally worse than good ones.  I was hitting these easily 1 club further than my old set up.  I would recommend this set up to anyone.  It offers the forgiveness and feel that I think would help improve any golfers game.  

Best part of this story.... Went out yesterday, first time gaming this set up.  Hit an eagle (1st of the yr) on a short par 4 from 105 yds with a low bump n run out of the rough.  Needless to say, this sealed the deal that I made the right decision.

Thanks again to everyone who posts and provides info on their set ups.  Also a big thanks to  Bravo36 for the clubs, I can't stop talking about these things.


#1189 78blades

78blades

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59589
  • Joined: 07/04/2008
  • Location:Portland, Or
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Wow, after reading these posts I've gotta try these C tapers. I tried the original KBS and didn't really like them; I though they were too smooth, lol. I've always liked Rifle shafts so I'm a big PX fan. I play PX 5.5 ss x1, (I should have put them straight in). 3i is 200 yds, 8i 150 yds. If I play a PX 6.0 the shaft gets a little harsh for me w/o a good swing.

#1190 jgpl

jgpl

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44902
  • Joined: 01/02/2008
  • Location:Ireland
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

I have played with x-100's for 20 years but still have trouble with high launch and lots of spin

My driver SS is 112-115 (fitted for 910 D3 with Motore F1 x flex and fits me perfect)

My 6 iron distance is about 190-192 yds

As a dedicated ho I recently installed a set of C tapers (s+ flex, as I was warned the x was a beast) in my 712cb/mb combo's - I absolutely HATED them

I didn't like the satin finish - it looks like graphite and was quite off putting

Yes, the ball flight was lower, but they had absolutely no feel - just dead contact with little spin (maybe the flex was wrong?). It never once felt like a steel shaft

I persisted for 3 rounds, but did not hit one nice iron shot, though distance was very good

I have NEVER been so disappointed in any golf product and it nearly put me off ho'ing for life

A PX 6.5 was a perfect fit for me in a set of Mizuno MP67's - the harshness of the PX was negated by the Mizuno forging

For me PX and Mizuno are perfect partners. PX in anything else is harsh in the short irons

Tried KBS tour (x flex) in the Titleist 712 and it was nice, good feel, but the launch/spin was too high and a nightmare into the wind

Overall - be careful, you will either love or hate the C-tapers, I don't think there is an in between. Test a demo iron on the course or it maybe an expensive mistake

My next ho'ing experiment will be Nippon Modus 3 in my 712 combo's - Any feedback on these?

Edited by jgpl, 22 November 2012 - 04:31 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#1191 Sean25rp

Sean25rp

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82451
  • Joined: 05/09/2009
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

View Postjgpl, on 22 November 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

I have played with x-100's for 20 years but still have trouble with high launch and lots of spin

My driver SS is 112-115 (fitted for 910 D3 with Motore F1 x flex and fits me perfect)

My 6 iron distance is about 190-192 yds

As a dedicated ho I recently installed a set of C tapers (s+ flex, as I was warned the x was a beast) in my 712cb/mb combo's - I absolutely HATED them

I didn't like the satin finish - it looks like graphite and was quite off putting

Yes, the ball flight was lower, but they had absolutely no feel - just dead contact with little spin (maybe the flex was wrong?). It never once felt like a steel shaft

I persisted for 3 rounds, but did not hit one nice iron shot, though distance was very good

I have NEVER been so disappointed in any golf product and it nearly put me off ho'ing for life

A PX 6.5 was a perfect fit for me in a set of Mizuno MP67's - the harshness of the PX was negated by the Mizuno forging

For me PX and Mizuno are perfect partners. PX in anything else is harsh in the short irons

Tried KBS tour (x flex) in the Titleist 712 and it was nice, good feel, but the launch/spin was too high and a nightmare into the wind

Overall - be careful, you will either love or hate the C-tapers, I don't think there is an in between. Test a demo iron on the course or it maybe an expensive mistake

My next ho'ing experiment will be Nippon Modus 3 in my 712 combo's - Any feedback on these?

Thanks for posting this. Very pertinent for me.

#1192 NickRugs21

NickRugs21

    "A nod to the gods"

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245897
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:New York, NY
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:offshoreaccount21
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

View Postjmiller065, on 14 March 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

View Postconner229, on 10 March 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

Not sure this is the right place to ask this, if not I am sure I will get some correction.  How about the C tapered vs the Project X graphite iron shafts?  Cannot find a good review on the graphite version.

Graphite version of Project X? For woods and drivers you can check in the section of 'shafts' --> http://www.golfwrx.c...orum/16-shafts/
If you are talking about Graphite iron shafts then this is probably not the place you will find information on that, you could try starting a new topic in the Equipment section, really at this point since the KBS C-Taper is no longer pre-released this should probably be moved to equipment as well.

I'd still say looking back over a season of golf with them and two different iron head using the C-Tapers, the 5%,5%,5% is a good estimate compared to PX 6.5 and XS for my results. A lot of people will gain distance by lowering spin, so 5% less spin would give about 5% more distance to a lot of people that will tend to over spin or balloon shots. The Trajectory isn't that much lower then PX only slightly, Thank about it this way as I have said before if you have a 18* launch angle on a 6iron with the PX the C-Taper would be about 17* instead (0.9 degree less at 5%), really where you might see more of a change in the trajectory in the low irons, and that is where you want to have more control over the spin as well. You don't want to balloon a PW shot and lose distance, C-Taper gives a nice flat boring trajectory, a lot of better players prefer this shot type on short irons.

The biggest thing that I like in comparasion to the PX line is that the C-Taper FEELS softer then it actually plays. The X-Stiff has a 7.3 Butt section but will FEEL like the over all stiffness of a PX 6.5... really the stiffness over all in feel of the X-Stiff C-Taper is around a 6.8 in the PX line but a lot smoother. the PX line will feel super HARSH to a lot of golfers and some people will feel that the KBS C-Taper is too soft, but you have to remember, if you have a hard load on the shaft then get +1 in flex when moving from PX to C-Taper. The average PGA Tour PW launches at 24.2*, so if you take 5% off that you are now talking about decreasing the launch angle by 1.21* so it would be 22.99* instead. Really nothing that is what i would call "stupid low".

So if you are in PX 6.0 with a hard load, try the CT S+ (6.8 butt rating) they will FEEL like they play to the same stiffness over all in the swing, more like 6.2 or 6.3 honestly. The CT XS (7.3 butt rating) will FEEL around 6.8 so play more close to the PX 6.5 for a lot of people. IF you wanted the same stiffness over all as the PX 7.0 you'd need to hard step the CT XS. The shaft needs to be fitted to you specifically your transition load and your ball flight in the shaft you have now.

Now I am sure you can get a hold of some singles to demo in the 6iron so the best idea is to spend $35 on one shaft and then buy a whole set and hate them. I find that they work a lot better for me as the SMOOTH feel in the swing is something that is hard to come by when swinging X-Stiff iron shafts. Some people will just miss the harsh feel of the PX and FEEL that the CT is just too soft for them.

Over all no shaft is 1 fits all, KBS says that it is a shaft designed for players that have a higher ball flight then they like and more spin then they want --> www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OpM7TaS49FQ

I would take the C-Taper XS over the PX 6.5 simply for the SMOOTH FEEL and STABLE BUTT sections, the kick point on the shaft appears to be just bellow the but section high on the shaft. The PX6.5 feels so harsh that you really think you are swinging pure iron fire poker. The DG x100 is the most workable highest spinning shaft out of all of them, but like i said before, their is no perfect shaft for everyone.

The DG x100 is semi harsh, PX is just flat harsh, C-Taper smooth but very stable, Modus 3is a soft butt section so it's a different beast all together.... Majority of steel shaft have a stiff butt section for stable impact in the hands, where they change is the mid section of the shaft and the tip section.
I just recently ordered a set of C Tapers in X for my titleist cb going to soft step them one time....I did this purely bc of the weight coming from DG s300 ... I hit the CT in s and felt the 120g was a little to light of shaft...just hoping the CT in x softstepped will not be to stiff??!!
Callaway BB Alpha 9 Oban Kiyoshi Wh 65 5
TEE XCG7 Beta 13 GD Tour AD MT 8
TEE XCG7 Beta 17 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 85
Adams Pro 18 21 Tour AD DI 105x
Titleist 714 AP2/SM5 50 56 60 ctaper
Scotty Cameron Select Squareback

#1193 jmiller065

jmiller065

    Advanced

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75087
  • Joined: 02/11/2009
  • Location:NC
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostNickRugs21, on 19 July 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

View Postjmiller065, on 14 March 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

View Postconner229, on 10 March 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

Not sure this is the right place to ask this, if not I am sure I will get some correction.  How about the C tapered vs the Project X graphite iron shafts?  Cannot find a good review on the graphite version.

Graphite version of Project X? For woods and drivers you can check in the section of 'shafts' --> http://www.golfwrx.c...orum/16-shafts/
If you are talking about Graphite iron shafts then this is probably not the place you will find information on that, you could try starting a new topic in the Equipment section, really at this point since the KBS C-Taper is no longer pre-released this should probably be moved to equipment as well.

I'd still say looking back over a season of golf with them and two different iron head using the C-Tapers, the 5%,5%,5% is a good estimate compared to PX 6.5 and XS for my results. A lot of people will gain distance by lowering spin, so 5% less spin would give about 5% more distance to a lot of people that will tend to over spin or balloon shots. The Trajectory isn't that much lower then PX only slightly, Thank about it this way as I have said before if you have a 18* launch angle on a 6iron with the PX the C-Taper would be about 17* instead (0.9 degree less at 5%), really where you might see more of a change in the trajectory in the low irons, and that is where you want to have more control over the spin as well. You don't want to balloon a PW shot and lose distance, C-Taper gives a nice flat boring trajectory, a lot of better players prefer this shot type on short irons.

The biggest thing that I like in comparasion to the PX line is that the C-Taper FEELS softer then it actually plays. The X-Stiff has a 7.3 Butt section but will FEEL like the over all stiffness of a PX 6.5... really the stiffness over all in feel of the X-Stiff C-Taper is around a 6.8 in the PX line but a lot smoother. the PX line will feel super HARSH to a lot of golfers and some people will feel that the KBS C-Taper is too soft, but you have to remember, if you have a hard load on the shaft then get +1 in flex when moving from PX to C-Taper. The average PGA Tour PW launches at 24.2*, so if you take 5% off that you are now talking about decreasing the launch angle by 1.21* so it would be 22.99* instead. Really nothing that is what i would call "stupid low".

So if you are in PX 6.0 with a hard load, try the CT S+ (6.8 butt rating) they will FEEL like they play to the same stiffness over all in the swing, more like 6.2 or 6.3 honestly. The CT XS (7.3 butt rating) will FEEL around 6.8 so play more close to the PX 6.5 for a lot of people. IF you wanted the same stiffness over all as the PX 7.0 you'd need to hard step the CT XS. The shaft needs to be fitted to you specifically your transition load and your ball flight in the shaft you have now.

Now I am sure you can get a hold of some singles to demo in the 6iron so the best idea is to spend $35 on one shaft and then buy a whole set and hate them. I find that they work a lot better for me as the SMOOTH feel in the swing is something that is hard to come by when swinging X-Stiff iron shafts. Some people will just miss the harsh feel of the PX and FEEL that the CT is just too soft for them.

Over all no shaft is 1 fits all, KBS says that it is a shaft designed for players that have a higher ball flight then they like and more spin then they want --> www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OpM7TaS49FQ

I would take the C-Taper XS over the PX 6.5 simply for the SMOOTH FEEL and STABLE BUTT sections, the kick point on the shaft appears to be just bellow the but section high on the shaft. The PX6.5 feels so harsh that you really think you are swinging pure iron fire poker. The DG x100 is the most workable highest spinning shaft out of all of them, but like i said before, their is no perfect shaft for everyone.

The DG x100 is semi harsh, PX is just flat harsh, C-Taper smooth but very stable, Modus 3is a soft butt section so it's a different beast all together.... Majority of steel shaft have a stiff butt section for stable impact in the hands, where they change is the mid section of the shaft and the tip section.
I just recently ordered a set of C Tapers in X for my titleist cb going to soft step them one time....I did this purely bc of the weight coming from DG s300 ... I hit the CT in s and felt the 120g was a little to light of shaft...just hoping the CT in x softstepped will not be to stiff??!!

ss 1x will be roughly 7.0 to 7.1 for the X-Stiff C-Tapers. The FEEL I would guess lines up to 6.6 or 6.8, which is closer to the DG x100 then the DG s300.

Since i last posted in this topic I have changed my equipment and my swing, my home course is going from Bent greens to Champions Bermuda Greens, so I did a 1x Soft Step on the X-Stiff C-Tapers. I'm actually basing that off my feel of swinging the X100 and The 1x SS C-Taper next to each other. CT is smoother feeling but plays over all a little stiffer then x100, less spin as well and I got about 5 to 10 yards more distance over the x100 with the 1x SS CT X-Stiff.

I don't have LM numbers right now, but I can get back to you on that in August if you would like next time I do a LM session.

If you are looking for a DG s300 your target would be a 5.8, even 2x SS of the X-Stiff would be about a 6.8 or 6.9 raw and feel around a 6.3 or 6.4. It is going to be stiffer then a typical DG s300 IMHO

Edited by jmiller065, 19 July 2013 - 09:25 AM.

KZG VC420 ML ~ RT Ares LT S tipped 1/2in
TE CB3 4w ~ RT Zeus 85g S tipped 1/2in
TE CB2 19* ~ RT Midas 98g S tipped 1in
W/S FG62 3-9 ~ KBS Tour X 1xSS
14 MT28 v5 TS (48, 54, 60) ~ KBS Tour X
Yes! Callie-f (33.25in, 3.5*, 69*)

#1194 NickRugs21

NickRugs21

    "A nod to the gods"

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245897
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:New York, NY
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:offshoreaccount21
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

View Postjmiller065, on 19 July 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

View PostNickRugs21, on 19 July 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

View Postjmiller065, on 14 March 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

View Postconner229, on 10 March 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

Not sure this is the right place to ask this, if not I am sure I will get some correction.  How about the C tapered vs the Project X graphite iron shafts?  Cannot find a good review on the graphite version.

Graphite version of Project X? For woods and drivers you can check in the section of 'shafts' --> http://www.golfwrx.c...orum/16-shafts/
If you are talking about Graphite iron shafts then this is probably not the place you will find information on that, you could try starting a new topic in the Equipment section, really at this point since the KBS C-Taper is no longer pre-released this should probably be moved to equipment as well.

I'd still say looking back over a season of golf with them and two different iron head using the C-Tapers, the 5%,5%,5% is a good estimate compared to PX 6.5 and XS for my results. A lot of people will gain distance by lowering spin, so 5% less spin would give about 5% more distance to a lot of people that will tend to over spin or balloon shots. The Trajectory isn't that much lower then PX only slightly, Thank about it this way as I have said before if you have a 18* launch angle on a 6iron with the PX the C-Taper would be about 17* instead (0.9 degree less at 5%), really where you might see more of a change in the trajectory in the low irons, and that is where you want to have more control over the spin as well. You don't want to balloon a PW shot and lose distance, C-Taper gives a nice flat boring trajectory, a lot of better players prefer this shot type on short irons.

The biggest thing that I like in comparasion to the PX line is that the C-Taper FEELS softer then it actually plays. The X-Stiff has a 7.3 Butt section but will FEEL like the over all stiffness of a PX 6.5... really the stiffness over all in feel of the X-Stiff C-Taper is around a 6.8 in the PX line but a lot smoother. the PX line will feel super HARSH to a lot of golfers and some people will feel that the KBS C-Taper is too soft, but you have to remember, if you have a hard load on the shaft then get +1 in flex when moving from PX to C-Taper. The average PGA Tour PW launches at 24.2*, so if you take 5% off that you are now talking about decreasing the launch angle by 1.21* so it would be 22.99* instead. Really nothing that is what i would call "stupid low".

So if you are in PX 6.0 with a hard load, try the CT S+ (6.8 butt rating) they will FEEL like they play to the same stiffness over all in the swing, more like 6.2 or 6.3 honestly. The CT XS (7.3 butt rating) will FEEL around 6.8 so play more close to the PX 6.5 for a lot of people. IF you wanted the same stiffness over all as the PX 7.0 you'd need to hard step the CT XS. The shaft needs to be fitted to you specifically your transition load and your ball flight in the shaft you have now.

Now I am sure you can get a hold of some singles to demo in the 6iron so the best idea is to spend $35 on one shaft and then buy a whole set and hate them. I find that they work a lot better for me as the SMOOTH feel in the swing is something that is hard to come by when swinging X-Stiff iron shafts. Some people will just miss the harsh feel of the PX and FEEL that the CT is just too soft for them.

Over all no shaft is 1 fits all, KBS says that it is a shaft designed for players that have a higher ball flight then they like and more spin then they want --> www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OpM7TaS49FQ

I would take the C-Taper XS over the PX 6.5 simply for the SMOOTH FEEL and STABLE BUTT sections, the kick point on the shaft appears to be just bellow the but section high on the shaft. The PX6.5 feels so harsh that you really think you are swinging pure iron fire poker. The DG x100 is the most workable highest spinning shaft out of all of them, but like i said before, their is no perfect shaft for everyone.

The DG x100 is semi harsh, PX is just flat harsh, C-Taper smooth but very stable, Modus 3is a soft butt section so it's a different beast all together.... Majority of steel shaft have a stiff butt section for stable impact in the hands, where they change is the mid section of the shaft and the tip section.
I just recently ordered a set of C Tapers in X for my titleist cb going to soft step them one time....I did this purely bc of the weight coming from DG s300 ... I hit the CT in s and felt the 120g was a little to light of shaft...just hoping the CT in x softstepped will not be to stiff??!!

ss 1x will be roughly 7.0 to 7.1 for the X-Stiff C-Tapers. The FEEL I would guess lines up to 6.6 or 6.8, which is closer to the DG x100 then the DG s300.

Since i last posted in this topic I have changed my equipment and my swing, my home course is going from Bent greens to Champions Bermuda Greens, so I did a 1x Soft Step on the X-Stiff C-Tapers. I'm actually basing that off my feel of swinging the X100 and The 1x SS C-Taper next to each other. CT is smoother feeling but plays over all a little stiffer then x100, less spin as well and I got about 5 to 10 yards more distance over the x100 with the 1x SS CT X-Stiff.

I don't have LM numbers right now, but I can get back to you on that in August if you would like next time I do a LM session.

If you are looking for a DG s300 your target would be a 5.8, even 2x SS of the X-Stiff would be about a 6.8 or 6.9 raw and feel around a 6.3 or 6.4. It is going to be stiffer then a typical DG s300 IMHO
thanks I actually decided to switch from ss the CT xstiff to just straight in CT S+ i feel the xstiff will be to stiff for me even SS and the S+ will give me that feel that is inbetween s300 and x100 Thanks
Callaway BB Alpha 9 Oban Kiyoshi Wh 65 5
TEE XCG7 Beta 13 GD Tour AD MT 8
TEE XCG7 Beta 17 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 85
Adams Pro 18 21 Tour AD DI 105x
Titleist 714 AP2/SM5 50 56 60 ctaper
Scotty Cameron Select Squareback

#1195 neova

neova

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97802
  • Joined: 11/02/2009
  • Location:Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
  • Ebay ID:neova2
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

Well, since my "success" with the C-Taper last season, the "ho" in me convinced myself to try out the PXi shafts when I ordered my new irons during the off season. PXi were nice and smooth, but way too light in my hands - while on paper I was supposed to gain clubhead speed, I lost the solid contact I had from a 125g shaft.. 112g shaft was too light and so I've gone back to S300 (standard shafts that came with my new irons) for now while my C-Tapers are in the mail...

note to self - once I find something that works, stop messing around!

Taylormade RBZ 2 Tour 9 Fubuki a60s
Taylormade RBZ 2 Tour 14.5 Fubuki a70s
Taylormade RBZ 2 Tour 18.5 Fubuki t415s
Fourteen TC930 3-PW Modus 3 120S
Fourteen RM-11 52.08/58.08 C-Taper 125S+
Bettinardi BB35 355g 35"

#1196 Derek666

Derek666

    Major Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 260110
  • Joined: 06/29/2013
  • Location:Scotland
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

I just tried some KBS tours tody, being a normal PX player i think they were excellent.

#1197 yhj

yhj

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 218315
  • Joined: 12/29/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

Thanks for the input!

#1198 darrickpe

darrickpe

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 234241
  • Joined: 03/04/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

Morning!

I normally dont post but after my experience last night, i figured I would share my 2 pennies and strike some thoughts......

Gaming 712MB's S300 and after some talks and hopes in improving ones game, decided to give alternate shafts a try. I read alot about KBS and how "smooth" they feel, dispersion and performance gains, so went into my local golf store to give them a try.

So I give the KBS C Taper S a whack and immediately felt the "smoothness" i hear everyone commenting about. Thoroughly impressed by the feel, however after getting a few swings under my belt i noticed the numbers.....launch, spin, carry where slightly worse than my previous S300. This stunned me because I was expecting better results based on the manufature's claim. Because of the feel, i decided to order the 6I shaft and give a try.

Got the 6I installed in my club and starting hitting.....Same as before....great feel, same if not worse numbers(launch,spin etc)

On my way out of the shop, I was talking to a rep about my experience and he said that "give that shaft a week or 2 to BREAK-IN" I'm thinking to myself...I have NEVER heard of a break-in period with shafts, but said hey, I'm not expert maybe I will give it a few more turns and see what happens.(Note to self- just because he works at the golf shop, doesnt mean he knows golf!)

Weather here sucks so getting on the course has been a challenge but was able to get to the range and get some real feel with the club/shaft/ball....This validated my in-door results...great feel, higher ball flight, minimal distance gains/loss....

So back to the shop I go and meet one of the new fitters and explain to him wants going on and what I am trying to accomplish, he says I know exactly what you are talking about.... He is about same build as me (5'11" 170lbs) and said he had the exact same experience.....So this time i spend about 2 hours hitting different shaft combos and talking to the guy who seemed very knowledgeable about the game....he suggested I hit the C-Taper X, soley based on tempo, and how I load the shaft..... I was skeptical at first but thinking to myself, I have nothing to lose, the goal is to get the right fit for ME!

First hit was impressive, so i keep turning.....I'm shaking my head at this point because these are the numbers I was expecting with the C-Taper S. Here is a quick break down.....

6i C-Taper S
Launch = 19-21
Spin = 5600-5900
Carry = 165-171
SS = 79-81
BS = 115-117

6i C-Taper X
Launch = 16.8
Spin = 5389
Carry = 179.37
SS = 84.9
BS = 123.7
*these are averages based on 10 swings

Those C-tap X numbers are the last swings of the night and this is after I hit:
C-Taper S
C-Taper X
KBS Tours X
PX 5.0 rifle flighted
Dynamic Gold TI X
Matrix Ozik (graphite) - if I had the money i would get these!!!! the numbers unbelieveable but that's another story
C-Taper X

In conclusion....I say all that to say this...maybe it was just 1 of those days and the swing was on, but it's hard to deny what I felt and what I was seeing with the C-Taper X. Based on my SS, i doubt any fitter would have suggested I try a X, but numbers dont lie! Once I settled back into the CTAP X i starting playing with shot making. I was still able to hit my draw without hooking, high/lows and baby fade(i say baby fade because i'm a "drawer" and most fades are straight shots)! But I was sold on the performance!!

My last/best shot of the night (mind you this was after hitting over 100 shots)
SS = 87
BS = 127.1
LA = 17.4
Spin = 5431
Carry = 183.9

Those may not be the "best" numbers, but they are the best numbers for ME! It may just be now about tweaking for here (stepping, etc) but I think I got a good base!

At the end of the day, I think the better fitters take the time to exhaust all options and don't just look at your swing speed as an easy way to tell you what you should play just to get your $$$

Again, I like the numbers but being able to execute what I want to do with the golf ball regardless of club/shaft is the main goal correct???

Sorry for the long post, but I rarely do this and hope it helps someone like myself.

Regards,

#1199 JaxBeachNole

JaxBeachNole

    Juicy

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,205 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30170
  • Joined: 05/29/2007
  • Location:Jax Beach, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 338

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

Anyone got info on dispersion between these two?

Any problems in the long irons with height?
G25 8.5 Diamana B Series 60
G30 Tour 80
X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80
MP 54 4-PW Modus 130
"The Nightman" Midnight 006
SM5 56F (54), 60 K S400
WITB Link

#1200 shermantank13

shermantank13

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 298430
  • Joined: 02/23/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostNJGolfer21, on 14 March 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

JMiller is right.

C TAPER is not for everyone. If you have a quick transition, little steep, and fast, these shafts are for you.

Its a big beefy shaft for guys who move on the ball hard. I should know.

6 Iron SS- 97 mph
I have very similar swing, hard transition, pretty steep, and fast.  6 iron SS- 97 mph.  I currently play tour issue x100's.  Ive been eager to try KBS, how would you compare the two ball flights and dispersion???  Thanks!!!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors