Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 7 votes

***KBS TOUR C-TAPER vs. PROJECT X***

1207 replies to this topic

#1 swanry30

swanry30

VaporWRX

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,747 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14598
  • Ebay ID:swanry30
GolfWRX Likes : 438

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

GENTLEMEN...  like the rest of you i have been waiting with anticipation for the KBS TOUR C-TAPER shafts to be released, or to hear the early reviews.  i was fortunate to have the boys over at FST have me put them to the test...

before we get into the details here is some quick background information for those of you who may not be familiar with FST and their product or the journey i have taken to find the perfect setup.  for the better part of the past 10 years there have been two big iron shaft players on tour.  TRUE TEMPER and ROYAL PRECISION.  after the merger/buyout of ROYAL PRECISION by TRUE TEMPER a new company entered the scene - FST.  this wasn't their first time around the block but with new and better engineering and information a new shaft was manufactured to compete with the the most popular shafts on tour DYNAMIC GOLD and PROJECT X.  the KBS TOUR entered with high expectations, great feel and nice high launch.  it filled a perfect void for a lot of people who liked the feel of DYNAMIC GOLD but the launch of the PROJECT X shafts.  for me being a high spin player the KBS TOUR felt amazing - but i was left disappointed.  a shaft that felt so good was impossible to properly swing weight and spun too much.  i could deal with the launch, but the spin...  not good.  i recently was able to get a set of the new TAYLORMADE 2011 MBs.  i ordered them with x100's.  after some TRACKMAN time i realized that i could gain a full club in distance by making a change to PROJECT X 6.5's due to the DRAMATIC spin reduction.  PX has always been a wild card for me.  before TRACKMAN we could only really go off of feel and ball flight.  for me until about a year ago the PX's were harsh.  with some quality swing work i am compressing the ball consistently now and instantly the feeling went from harsh to a stable feel with incredible energy transfer at the moment of truth.  that being said guys - there are EARS on the board here.  if you don't think that OEM's are lurking, listening and watching you are DEAD wrong.  FST listened to us and listed to the guys that rely on their product for a paycheck.  

as i opened pandora's box i found a little note from the team at KBS/FST.  

IMG_0512.JPG

BOLD STATEMENT... "C-TAPER shaft outperformed our leading competitor offering over 5% less spin, 5% lower launch and 5% more distance without sacrificing playability"

if i could see 5%/5%/5% i would be surprised.  i already gained more than that 5% in distance with the PX over DG...

the day after i received the shafts i met up with a GOLFWRX crew from PDX - played a little show and tell with our new equipment, then i break out the trump card with my box of C-TAPERs.  Birdkiller14 (BRAD) has the same irons as me (TMAG 2011MBs) only shafted with the KBS TOUR shafts.  Brad is pissed and ready to dump his irons.  loves everything about them with the exception of the shafts.  SPIN TOO MUCH - LAUNCH TOO HIGH - BUT FEEL GREAT...  oh yeah, the swing weight TERRIBLE.  so we get an idea.  lets throw the C-TAPERs into Brad's set and keep mine in tact...  we took some initial TRACKMAN numbers to get a baseline from his KBS TOURs / my PXs and then Brad was off for some club work.  two days later i get a text messages from Brad - actually dude bombs me...  i'll rephrase his words but he kind of thought they looked awesome (A LOT OF CENSORING HERE) :man_in_love: AND...  SW was DEAD PERFECT.  we went back and forth over and over again about how they felt in hand, even without actually hitting them, Brad indicated that these were not something NORMAL or something that he had felt before...  we made plans to meet up - but he was off to the range to get some initial testing in on TRACKMAN.  

GUYS...  this is what i get from BRAD.

"THIS IS MY SIX IRON NOW"

brad trackman.jpg

if he could have heard my thoughts - it went something like this...  BULL SH!T that is your six iron.  in the little time i have know Brad we are pretty close in distances - he being a couple yards longer - but not a club longer.  with the x100s i was 178-188 with my 6 - the PX jumped that up a full 10 yards easily.  Brad had the same increases almost to the tenth of a yard.  but look at those numbers...

SEEING is BELIEVING...

two days later our PDX metro crew met up for some initial testing.  i was in awe...  before i hit the irons i had brad hit the x100 (short of the green - pin at 187), then the PX (on the flag), then the C-TAPERs (AIRMAIL the green well over 200 yard carry).  the same for me only my distances being shorter.

MOVING FORWARD...

the purpose of this thread is to help all of you HIGH SPIN/HIGH LAUNCH guys that require your instruments be precise and have feel.  over the next couple of weeks, months, etc... four of us will be updating our findings and sharing information that you can trust.  we will be posting TRACKMAN information, screen shots, answering any questions that you may have.  there is a unique value to this shaft that cannot be described - as feel is SUBJECTIVE and in the hands of the golfer.  also - those who have hit this shaft will say they can't describe it - because nothing feels like it.  this is a revolutionary product that changed Brad's game and will without a doubt produce numbers for those of you in the same camp we were.  

KBS has my interest and business moving forward, Brad has my damn shafts, and his six iron is still in flight.  if you are on the fence i will shove you over.  your $$$$$ will be well spent - every dime - with a set of C-TAPER shafts.  now i have to wait until the release date to pick up another set   :cry:

oh yeah - one final note...  KBS is full of crap.  THERE IS NO WAY THAT 5%/5%/5% is accurate...  10%/10%/10% - yeah...  maybe even better!!!!

Nike CT 2.0 10.5* - Motore Speeder 7.2TS
Nike CT 2.0 15* - Motore Speeder 8.2TS
Nike CP 17* hybrid - TOUR AD DI 95x
Nike 2014 Split Cavity 3-PW - PX 6.5
Nike MOD 30 - SS Flatso Ultra 1.1
Nike Raw VR Forged 54.12 / 58.10
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 albatrosser

albatrosser

Major Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73432
GolfWRX Likes : 541

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

hoping that one of you guys has hit the NIppons SPB's and can do a comparison as well... I'll never go back to DG or PX (bleh), but if these have numbers that beat the SPB's, I'll be shocked, and on the market for a set immediately.

PLEASE!!!
T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

#3 craz-e

craz-e

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39596
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

Thats what we have all ben waiting for, probably not going to be the shaft for me but love reading your thread and certainly would like to try these shafts.

#4 mjwidell

mjwidell

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6181
  • Handicap:+1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

Wow, great review and I'm definitely subscribing to this thread! I made the switch from PX to KBS and while I love the feel, I don't like the launch angle and spin (especially into the wind). I was considering going back to PX, but now after reading your review, what I thought the C Tapers would be really is true! Living in Seattle, I'm jealous that there's a cadre of you guys with really cool equipment just down the freeway. ;)
TM SLDR 430 10.5* Rogue 70TX
Callaway 3Deep 13* Fuji TS 7.3X
Callaway Apex Pro 3-PW, Tour-V 120X
On a putter hunt
Fourteen RM12 52* and 58* DGS400

#5 leftymike28

leftymike28

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120653
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for the review. I can't wait to try these!

#6 JJK947

JJK947

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36028
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

Hmmm.... Definitely peaked my iron shaft interest for the first time in quite a while.  I am one of those people who really benefited from PX over the DG and these look awesome.
Mizuno 2010 Fli Hi 2, 3 -
Mizuno MP4 4-PW - True Temper Black Gold
Titleist Vokey SM5 54S 60L- Dynamic Gold
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2
WITB Link

#7 serveitup911

serveitup911

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85684
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

Thanks so much for writing that up - I'm sure it will help a lot of people!

#8 DNice26

DNice26

Major Winner

• 2,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
GolfWRX Likes : 137

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

Woohooo!!!!  Reviews.......!!!  Thanks man!
Ping G30 10.5, AD DI 7X, 45"
TM RBZ S2, Blue Board X
Mizuno MP64 5-PW, C-Taper S+
Titleist SM5, 50S, 56S & 60K
Scotty Kombi S, 34" SS 3.0

#9 harleygolfer43

harleygolfer43

I wish I could turn like that!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126634
  • Ebay ID:mxracer215
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:12 PM

Release date? I thought these were out already, or was that the unveiling on the 29th? If that is the case with this much interest what will the delivery time be to the club manufacturers and distributors? From the sounds of it these are the shafts I'm looking for but with demand and lead time it could be middle of the season before I could take delivery.....

#10 swanry30

swanry30

VaporWRX

• 3,747 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

albatrosser, on 02 May 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

hoping that one of you guys has hit the NIppons SPB's and can do a comparison as well... I'll never go back to DG or PX (bleh), but if these have numbers that beat the SPB's, I'll be shocked, and on the market for a set immediately.

PLEASE!!!

i haven't - but i have hit the NIPPON MODUS 3 and boy do those kick.  kind of a mid shafts POWER kick at impact.  again - i honestly can't describe the feel - but HUGE energy transfer at impact with the C-TAPERS.  even the X flex feels slightly softer when you waggle it in comparison to the PX or DG - yet you still know where the shaft is in the swing.  impact is different though.  what just happened would be an accurate statement!

WITB Link

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 swanry30

swanry30

VaporWRX

• 3,747 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

JJK947, on 02 May 2011 - 01:09 PM, said:

Hmmm.... Definitely peaked my iron shaft interest for the first time in quite a while.  I am one of those people who really benefited from PX over the DG and these look awesome.

what people including me forgot is that you can fit an iron shaft just like a driver shaft.  you need a perfect balance of performance, feel, dispersion and distance.

SO MANY PEOPLE COULD BENEFIT - even guys who don't hit the ball far!!!!
WITB Link

#12 tp280

tp280

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66017
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:28 PM

Any of the top OEM's want to let us know when we can order these as a custom order this season?

#13 DNice26

DNice26

Major Winner

• 2,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
GolfWRX Likes : 137

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:28 PM

Swanry....... question is.......are these shafts going to replace your PXs?

Funny you mention gaining yardage with the PX shafts, when I was in Myrtle Beach early in the year, I was getting on average 3-4 more MPH ballspeeds with the PX over the KBS Tour shafts (tested on LM in Martins golf).  I currently have KBS Tours in my MP 68s and I think I could see great benefit from less spin/launch.  I may do an MP63/MP53 combo set with C-Tapers.
Ping G30 10.5, AD DI 7X, 45"
TM RBZ S2, Blue Board X
Mizuno MP64 5-PW, C-Taper S+
Titleist SM5, 50S, 56S & 60K
Scotty Kombi S, 34" SS 3.0

#14 desaille

desaille

FU GolfWRX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59872
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:35 PM

I just want to say that my arms are tired. Swanry30 is one tough nugget, all I wanted is to try the 2 iron.
But Swanman said, look, "couple cords of fir, gutters need to be cleaned, yard needs to mowed"  and "ya gotta fold some clothes"

Let me tell you, I put his wife "TO SHAME"
I'm the folding master. Got the 1 fold shirt technique down. Keep left arm straight, right elbow tucked in, nice shoulder turn ...

In return ...
C-Taper 2 iron
YEAH BABY!!!!!

Lets just say, feel is like no other. Nothing in the last few years. Feel is subjective, but I'm sure most agree.
When flushed PX has that solid feeling. Just solid.
C-Tapers, just a whole different feeling.
The grin on birdkiller & swanmans face just kept making them keep giggle. Now watching two grown men giggle is a site in itself.  LOL :cheesy:

I'm still giggling myself how flushed and great feeling the shaft is.
Flight is great, a very controllable flight.

I've posted before, theres a waggle and very tight kick. It will definitely throw some folks off as this might be a bit unexpected, but the shaft so far plays pretty true.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2369.JPG

#15 shankz

shankz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43235
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

hmm, now which forged satin heads do I put these in?

#16 Oldboy

Oldboy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30613
GolfWRX Likes : 225

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:51 PM

Any info on whether these will play comparably in flex to the KBS Tour?  ie a stiff in the Tours will be comparable to a stiff in the C tapers?  Thanks .. Cant wait for these

Edited by zerofade, 02 May 2011 - 01:51 PM.

#17 Coach Ritz

Coach Ritz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32213
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

Great write up  thanks for taking the time to do that.   I look forward to follow up posts from folks who got to test these.  I am very curious as I am a high spin/highball/ player myself.  Thx

#18 Chappie

Chappie

Let's play sometime!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78190
  • Ebay ID:thechappie
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

I HATE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!

I'm dying right now.  Bought Srixon pro-100's with s300s in them because well... I love the pro-100's and wanted to game a set ever since I first saw them.

Problem is... I hate the s300's.  They are dead and boring, especially at impact, and my swing doesn't fit them.  The x100's are even worse.  I've been biding my time until I could go out and buy a set of PX's (which fit my swing to this point better than any other shaft to this point), but nowwwwwwwwww you have me wondering.  I liked the original KBS', but had the same initial griefs and issues with them that everyone else on here has.  Even a hard stepped X spins too much for me in the tour, and I don't have a very fast transition, very smooth actually.  I don't hit my 6 quite as far as you, usually right around 175, but if these are going to bump up my distances a good 10+ yards and give me the trajectory I want, I'm totally interested....

DAMN YOU GWRX, WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE ANYTHING EASY! lol

Edited by Chappie, 02 May 2011 - 02:06 PM.

#19 kenwiggins11

kenwiggins11

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117327
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

Thanks Swanry30, Desaille, and Brad for letting me hit the irons!

I also had the opportunity to hit C-Taper.  

I loved the feel of the kick of the C-Taper in addition to the added distance. Swanry30 posted he thought it was more 10%,10%,10% I have to agree.  I never thought a shaft could make that much difference.  I was purely amazed! I am getting ready to buy some AP2's and wish the offered the C-Taper.  Every Iron I hit with the shaft felt great including a 2 iron.  KBS has done a great job with these.  

#20 swanry30

swanry30

VaporWRX

• 3,747 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

DNice26, on 02 May 2011 - 01:28 PM, said:

Funny you mention gaining yardage with the PX shafts, when I was in Myrtle Beach early in the year, I was getting on average 3-4 more MPH ballspeeds with the PX over the KBS Tour shafts (tested on LM in Martins golf).  I currently have KBS Tours in my MP 68s and I think I could see great benefit from less spin/launch.  I may do an MP63/MP53 combo set with C-Tapers.

right now the answer is YES!  more testing to come...  like i said Brad has my shafts - just need to get another set in my hands - THIS TIME WITH STICKERS :)

zerofade, on 02 May 2011 - 01:51 PM, said:

Any info on whether these will play comparably in flex to the KBS Tour?  ie a stiff in the Tours will be comparable to a stiff in the C tapers?  Thanks .. Cant wait for these

desaille put it perfect in another thread - maybe he can chime in...  IMO - if you play an X in the KBS TOUR - the C-TAPERS follow suit.  they will feel different (COUNTERBALANCED vs. NON), flex equivalent.

Chappie, on 02 May 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

I HATE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

feeling is mutual  ;) LOL!!!!

you good at chopping wood?

WITB Link

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 Chappie

Chappie

Let's play sometime!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

swanry30, on 02 May 2011 - 02:07 PM, said:

right now the answer is YES!  more testing to come...  like i said Brad has my shafts - just need to get another set in my hands - THIS TIME WITH STICKERS :)

desaille put it perfect in another thread - maybe he can chime in...  IMO - if you play an X in the KBS TOUR - the C-TAPERS follow suit.  they will feel different (COUNTERBALANCED vs. NON), flex equivalent.

I HATE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

lol, I live just outside the city, so not a lot of experience, but I pickup things fast and am good with my hands. :D

#22 swanry30

swanry30

VaporWRX

• 3,747 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

kenwiggins11, on 02 May 2011 - 02:06 PM, said:

Thanks Swanry30, Desaille, and Brad for letting me hit the irons!

I also had the opportunity to hit C-Taper.  

I loved the feel of the kick of the C-Taper in addition to the added distance. Swanry30 posted he thought it was more 10%,10%,10% I have to agree.  I never thought a shaft could make that much difference.  I was purely amazed! I am getting ready to buy some AP2's and wish the offered the C-Taper.  Every Iron I hit with the shaft felt great including a 2 iron.  KBS has done a great job with these.

for all of you who may be looking at the distances that i put up - don't be concerned.  KENWIGGINS11 has been golfing for 2 years now and has made some HUGE improvements to his game - probably one of the quickest learners i have seen.  DUDE is built like a bear, but doesn't have a SS that is crazy or off the charts.  he was pounding a 2 iron.  not many can say that.  i would consider Ken a mid spin player with his irons and gained 10% distance.  so these shafts aren't for just one type of player/swinger/hitter/etc...  may profiles can be fit into these shafts.

i will say that PW-8 ballflight and distance were closer to the PX than the rest of the clubs.  C-TAPERS were slightly longer and lower.  from 7 up.  holy hell...  the ball just kept going.  no ballooning just pure penetrating distance that still had hangtime.  how does that happen - i don't know?????!!!!!
WITB Link

#23 duvall408w

duvall408w

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73294
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

Man these shafts are killing me, I love the SPB hands down but just sold my irons and im going to replace shafts in my new irons Had my mind made up till i seen post on here about the c tapers. i wish some one could compare the 2. I think i will give it till wensday then i will flip a coin. Heads c taper, tails SPB. Great review keep us up dated.Thanks

#24 Chappie

Chappie

Let's play sometime!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:17 PM

How much is a set going to retail for... I have to figure out how much I'm going to end up paying with my clubfitters fees, etc.  Posted Image

#25 kenwiggins11

kenwiggins11

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117327
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

Chappie, on 02 May 2011 - 02:09 PM, said:

swanry30, on 02 May 2011 - 02:07 PM, said:

I HATE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

lol, I live just outside the city, so not a lot of experience, but I pickup things fast and am good with my hands. :D

I am going to get a set of C-taper's in my hands.  Sorry Swanry30 and Brad I do not know who that mask man my height, stature, and with the same voice was who stole your irons and shafts. It wasn't me I have had these for years.  :diablo:

Edited by kenwiggins11, 02 May 2011 - 02:19 PM.

#26 DTown3011

DTown3011

#DTown3011

• 1,603 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59636
GolfWRX Likes : 240

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

Growing up playing Dynamic Gold S400, I loved the increase in height and drastic reduction in spin that PX provided when it came out on the market however I simply hated the FEEL of those shafts...so I continued to play S400 with hesitation.  For the past 3 years, I have been happily cemented into a set of KBS Tour X shafts that not only gave me the increased launch and the decreased spin of the PX shafts with the feel of Dynamic Gold.  Also, if you build your clubs properly and have the ability to swingweight them, KBS Tour shafts to not drastically effect the swingweight - the are counterbalanced a few points.   I've never had an issue with it.

I will try the C-Taper shafts most likely, but don't see any reason to switch as I love the Tour shafts and the ball goes far enough in Colorado as it is!

Your review almost makes it sound like they failed a little bit with the KBS Tour shafts - I think they nailed it.  I enjoy the higher trajectory the provide.

Edited by DTown3011, 02 May 2011 - 02:20 PM.

BBα 10.5 Tour AD MT-6x
X2Hot Pro 17 Kai'li 70x
X-Hot Pro 20 Tour AD DI-85s
Apex UT 21 | Apex 5-PW KBS
MD2 Tour Grind 52/56/60 S400
Odyssey Tankified MXM-V #7 38"

#27 scs1070

scs1070

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23195
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

I am very intrigued by these.  As a high ball hitter I have been using DG's only.  This also times out well as I am looking for a new set of stick these could go in.

#28 TLUBulldogGolf

TLUBulldogGolf

Sasquatch

• 1,831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32821
  • Handicap:+1.9
  • Ebay ID:ajvesey08
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

That spin seems quite low for a six iron, that's crazy. These shafts really have me intrigued, I have found my go to shaft for now with PX 7.0, but the flight at times can still get a bit high on me. These shafts really look awesome. I hope OEMs start offering them for custom orders because I am looking into ordering some irons and would love to try these.
Callaway RAZR Fit 8.5* Ahina 70X
Titleist 913 Fd 15* Speeder TS 8.2X
Ping I20 17* Diamana Thump 103X
Mizuno MP-69 3-PW PX 6.5
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Mizuno MP T-10 54/09 & 60/08

#29 swanry30

swanry30

VaporWRX

• 3,747 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

DTown3011, on 02 May 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

Growing up playing Dynamic Gold S400, I loved the increase in height and drastic reduction in spin that PX provided when it came out on the market however I simply hated the FEEL of those shafts...so I continued to play S400 with hesitation.  For the past 3 years, I have been happily cemented into a set of KBS Tour X shafts that not only gave me the increased launch and the decreased spin of the PX shafts with the feel of Dynamic Gold.  Also, if you build your clubs properly and have the ability to swingweight them, KBS Tour shafts to not drastically effect the swingweight - the are counterbalanced a few points.   I've never had an issue with it.

I will try the C-Taper shafts most likely, but don't see any reason to switch as I love the Tour shafts and the ball goes far enough in Colorado as it is!

Your review almost makes it sound like they failed a little bit with the KBS Tour shafts - I think they nailed it.  I enjoy the higher trajectory the provide.

i will clarify then...  KBS TOURs - not for me...  they nailed it for a lot of folks though.  if i was at altitude i would consider them.

BTW - good club fitter yes a necessity with using KBS TOURs or any shaft.  5 points...  5 swing weight points changed when the KBS TOURs were pulled for the C-TAPERs.  i have the picture on my phone.  that is fact.  if i am building clubs getting paid by the hour for changes or work - the KBS TOURs would be preferred, it takes some good sweet time to SW everything perfectly.  PX to C-TAPERS were dead nuts same from METALHEADs experience.

i appreciate your input because i don't want people to think the original KBS TOURs are bad! :scenic:
WITB Link

#30 desaille

desaille

FU GolfWRX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59872
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

Chappie, on 02 May 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

I HATE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!

I'm dying right now.  Bought Srixon pro-100's with s300s in them because well... I love the pro-100's and wanted to game a set ever since I first saw them.

Problem is... I hate the s300's.  They are dead and boring, especially at impact, and my swing doesn't fit them.  The x100's are even worse.  I've been biding my time until I could go out and buy a set of PX's (which fit my swing to this point better than any other shaft to this point), but nowwwwwwwwww you have me wondering.  I liked the original KBS', but had the same initial griefs and issues with them that everyone else on here has.  Even a hard stepped X spins too much for me in the tour, and I don't have a very fast transition, very smooth actually.  I don't hit my 6 quite as far as you, usually right around 175, but if these are going to bump up my distances a good 10+ yards and give me the trajectory I want, I'm totally interested....

DAMN YOU GWRX, WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE ANYTHING EASY! lol

Chappie for your Srixon Pro 100
Either a set of PX or C-Taper will make you smile like you should with those irons.
Those irons are sweet.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors