Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 1 votes

Amateurs with Staff Bags...Yes or No?(merged)


608 replies to this topic

Poll: Amateurs with Staff Bags...Yes or No? (1915 member(s) have cast votes)

Yes or No?

  1. Yes (382 votes [19.96%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 19.96%

  2. No (473 votes [24.71%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 24.71%

  3. Who Cares (1059 votes [55.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 55.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Smoothduffer

Smoothduffer

    Fantastico

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114680
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:04 AM

View PostYipMaster, on 28 April 2011 - 08:28 PM, said:

View PostSmoothduffer, on 28 April 2011 - 01:23 AM, said:

So the consensous is that staff bags are ridiculous and, us that carry them are all wannabe's and all of you with a little stand bag are just perfect because staff bags have LOGO's embroidered all over them. Have you guys even looked at your own stand bags they have the SAME logo's embroidered all over them also, LMAO. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, grow up, play this great game, worry about your own SHAT and shut up.

I don't care about logos on any bag (and I'm not sure how the thread got to this point - all bags have logos); if I had an issue with staff bags (I don't - as I posted above, yeah they look a little ridiculous but not enough for me to care), it's that they're wholly unnecessary for 99.99% of people and are an absolute nightmare for a caddy (if any of you walk).

EXACTLY why are they wholly unnecassary? The same could be said for ANY bag no matter the size of it,  if it has more than lets say 5 pockets. That is WHOLLY unnecassary too, 1 pocket for balls 1 pocket for tees 1 pocket for gloves 2 pockets for miscellaneous stuff there that is 5 pockets and everything you need to carry. So, we should all carry a 5 pocket bag if you have any more than that I will be laughing my ARSE off at you and you better not let me beat you, LMAO. I ride in a cart everytime i play just like 99% of everyone else i have ever seen at a golf course. I guess since i'm a wannabe for using a staff bag when i COULD use a stand bag, i can call all of you that walk a course and hold everyone up wannabe's when you could ride in a cart and not hold everyone up, HUH. I dont care if golfers walk, ride, crawl, or hop when you play, i think its good enough that you are out enjoying this great game. Apparently i am in the MINORITY of minding my own bussiness tho, stop worrying about what other people bring to the golf course worry about YOURSELF and be glad others are out enjoying themselves.

Edited by Smoothduffer, 29 April 2011 - 02:06 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 Random Hack

Random Hack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125010
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:28 AM

View PostSmoothduffer, on 29 April 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

View PostYipMaster, on 28 April 2011 - 08:28 PM, said:

View PostSmoothduffer, on 28 April 2011 - 01:23 AM, said:

So the consensous is that staff bags are ridiculous and, us that carry them are all wannabe's and all of you with a little stand bag are just perfect because staff bags have LOGO's embroidered all over them. Have you guys even looked at your own stand bags they have the SAME logo's embroidered all over them also, LMAO. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, grow up, play this great game, worry about your own SHAT and shut up.

I don't care about logos on any bag (and I'm not sure how the thread got to this point - all bags have logos); if I had an issue with staff bags (I don't - as I posted above, yeah they look a little ridiculous but not enough for me to care), it's that they're wholly unnecessary for 99.99% of people and are an absolute nightmare for a caddy (if any of you walk).

EXACTLY why are they wholly unnecassary? The same could be said for ANY bag no matter the size of it,  if it has more than lets say 5 pockets. That is WHOLLY unnecassary too, 1 pocket for balls 1 pocket for tees 1 pocket for gloves 2 pockets for miscellaneous stuff there that is 5 pockets and everything you need to carry. So, we should all carry a 5 pocket bag if you have any more than that I will be laughing my ARSE off at you and you better not let me beat you, LMAO. I ride in a cart everytime i play just like 99% of everyone else i have ever seen at a golf course. I guess since i'm a wannabe for using a staff bag when i COULD use a stand bag, i can call all of you that walk a course and hold everyone up wannabe's when you could ride in a cart and not hold everyone up, HUH. I dont care if golfers walk, ride, crawl, or hop when you play, i think its good enough that you are out enjoying this great game. Apparently i am in the MINORITY of minding my own bussiness tho, stop worrying about what other people bring to the golf course worry about YOURSELF and be glad others are out enjoying themselves.

Wow, you sure do take this personally - not sure what you're taking such offense to, but I'm sorry that this topic gets you so worked up.

My thinking that they're unnecessary is that I can't see what people need all that bag for - I have training aids (Inside Approach and a Momentus weighted club), a SS measuring device (Swing Speed Radar), two dozen new golf balls, a dozen used golf balls, numerous sunscreens, extra gloves, lip balms, ballmark repair tools, etc...............and I carry all that in the three main pockets of my Ping carry bag - heck, I can even fit an extra pair of shoes in there (and have at times), and I wear size 14E which are kinda large.

I put my keys and my wallet in the tiny fourth pocket.

Again, that's just me and what works for me - if you're happy with your staff bag and always take a cart, then everyone's happy :)

#63 Smoothduffer

Smoothduffer

    Fantastico

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114680
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

View PostYipMaster, on 29 April 2011 - 07:28 AM, said:

View PostSmoothduffer, on 29 April 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

View PostYipMaster, on 28 April 2011 - 08:28 PM, said:

View PostSmoothduffer, on 28 April 2011 - 01:23 AM, said:

So the consensous is that staff bags are ridiculous and, us that carry them are all wannabe's and all of you with a little stand bag are just perfect because staff bags have LOGO's embroidered all over them. Have you guys even looked at your own stand bags they have the SAME logo's embroidered all over them also, LMAO. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, grow up, play this great game, worry about your own SHAT and shut up.

I don't care about logos on any bag (and I'm not sure how the thread got to this point - all bags have logos); if I had an issue with staff bags (I don't - as I posted above, yeah they look a little ridiculous but not enough for me to care), it's that they're wholly unnecessary for 99.99% of people and are an absolute nightmare for a caddy (if any of you walk).

EXACTLY why are they wholly unnecassary? The same could be said for ANY bag no matter the size of it,  if it has more than lets say 5 pockets. That is WHOLLY unnecassary too, 1 pocket for balls 1 pocket for tees 1 pocket for gloves 2 pockets for miscellaneous stuff there that is 5 pockets and everything you need to carry. So, we should all carry a 5 pocket bag if you have any more than that I will be laughing my ARSE off at you and you better not let me beat you, LMAO. I ride in a cart everytime i play just like 99% of everyone else i have ever seen at a golf course. I guess since i'm a wannabe for using a staff bag when i COULD use a stand bag, i can call all of you that walk a course and hold everyone up wannabe's when you could ride in a cart and not hold everyone up, HUH. I dont care if golfers walk, ride, crawl, or hop when you play, i think its good enough that you are out enjoying this great game. Apparently i am in the MINORITY of minding my own bussiness tho, stop worrying about what other people bring to the golf course worry about YOURSELF and be glad others are out enjoying themselves.

Wow, you sure do take this personally - not sure what you're taking such offense to, but I'm sorry that this topic gets you so worked up.

My thinking that they're unnecessary is that I can't see what people need all that bag for - I have training aids (Inside Approach and a Momentus weighted club), a SS measuring device (Swing Speed Radar), two dozen new golf balls, a dozen used golf balls, numerous sunscreens, extra gloves, lip balms, ballmark repair tools, etc...............and I carry all that in the three main pockets of my Ping carry bag - heck, I can even fit an extra pair of shoes in there (and have at times), and I wear size 14E which are kinda large.

I put my keys and my wallet in the tiny fourth pocket.

Again, that's just me and what works for me - if you're happy with your staff bag and always take a cart, then everyone's happy :)

No im not taking it personally at all i just dont understand why people worry about why someone else carries what, i dont get it. I play golf in foursomes, scrambles and tourneys all the time and all ive ever heard is "wow, thats a sharp bag, were did you get it". Only on this site have i heard all of the haterade toward staff bags (its like a buncha 5 year olds) and, BTW they are big but mine only has 6 pockets so, i dont think thats excessive at all. Yea maybe im worked up a little bit but, i mind my own and dont understand why everyone dont mind theirs. My bag works great for me, looks bad@$$ and nobody has to carry it and, if yours works for you thats great. Keep enjoying the game cause thats all that really matters.

#64 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

    AKA Jay.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23410
  • Joined: 01/01/2007
  • Location:Central Florida
  • Handicap:+6.3
  • Ebay ID:RRFireblade
GolfWRX Likes : 1279

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

View PostSmoothduffer, on 29 April 2011 - 11:07 AM, said:

No im not taking it personally at all i just dont understand why people worry about why someone else carries what, i dont get it. I play golf in foursomes, scrambles and tourneys all the time and all ive ever heard is "wow, thats a sharp bag, were did you get it". Only on this site have i heard all of the haterade toward staff bags (its like a buncha 5 year olds) and, BTW they are big but mine only has 6 pockets so, i dont think thats excessive at all. Yea maybe im worked up a little bit but, i mind my own and dont understand why everyone dont mind theirs. My bag works great for me, looks bad@$$ and nobody has to carry it and, if yours works for you thats great. Keep enjoying the game cause thats all that really matters.


IDK , I see most everyone here saying if they dont understand it but do whatever you want.

If everyone minded 'thiers' there would be no thread , no forum , no discusion and this would be a boring place. Your in here too speaking your mind yea?

I dont understand why people do alot of things but thats why you ask , might learn something or hear something that maybe never occured to you.

Think that why we're here.

Could be wrong.  :)
RFE 8.5* XS
RHT #3 XS
Cally MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally Forged 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

#65 Smoothduffer

Smoothduffer

    Fantastico

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114680
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

View PostRRFireblade, on 29 April 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

View PostSmoothduffer, on 29 April 2011 - 11:07 AM, said:

No im not taking it personally at all i just dont understand why people worry about why someone else carries what, i dont get it. I play golf in foursomes, scrambles and tourneys all the time and all ive ever heard is "wow, thats a sharp bag, were did you get it". Only on this site have i heard all of the haterade toward staff bags (its like a buncha 5 year olds) and, BTW they are big but mine only has 6 pockets so, i dont think thats excessive at all. Yea maybe im worked up a little bit but, i mind my own and dont understand why everyone dont mind theirs. My bag works great for me, looks bad@$$ and nobody has to carry it and, if yours works for you thats great. Keep enjoying the game cause thats all that really matters.


IDK , I see most everyone here saying if they dont understand it but do whatever you want.

If everyone minded 'thiers' there would be no thread , no forum , no discusion and this would be a boring place. Your in here too speaking your mind yea?

I dont understand why people do alot of things but thats why you ask , might learn something or hear something that maybe never occured to you.

Think that why we're here.

Could be wrong.  :)

Really? If everyone minded thier own that would mean none of us would get on here and talk golf? What does minding your own have to do with talking on a golf forum? I'm not talking about anybody that is just asking queations, obviously. I am talking about all of the smart@$$ remarks like "if you carry a staff bag we are ALL laughing at you" and, "if you have a staff bag you better not let me beat you" and, all that are on this thread acting like they are still in 2nd grade. I'm not talking about any who are just trying to learn and i really cant imagine how you would think that i was, did you even read my post? I dont think you did cause you are sure not understanding it.

Edited by Smoothduffer, 29 April 2011 - 09:48 PM.


#66 GatorNate11

GatorNate11

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117979
  • Joined: 11/24/2010
  • Location:West Virginia
  • Ebay ID:gatornate5
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

The arguments this forum has..lol

#67 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

    AKA Jay.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23410
  • Joined: 01/01/2007
  • Location:Central Florida
  • Handicap:+6.3
  • Ebay ID:RRFireblade
GolfWRX Likes : 1279

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:26 PM

View PostSmoothduffer, on 29 April 2011 - 09:45 PM, said:

View PostRRFireblade, on 29 April 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

View PostSmoothduffer, on 29 April 2011 - 11:07 AM, said:

No im not taking it personally at all i just dont understand why people worry about why someone else carries what, i dont get it. I play golf in foursomes, scrambles and tourneys all the time and all ive ever heard is "wow, thats a sharp bag, were did you get it". Only on this site have i heard all of the haterade toward staff bags (its like a buncha 5 year olds) and, BTW they are big but mine only has 6 pockets so, i dont think thats excessive at all. Yea maybe im worked up a little bit but, i mind my own and dont understand why everyone dont mind theirs. My bag works great for me, looks bad@$$ and nobody has to carry it and, if yours works for you thats great. Keep enjoying the game cause thats all that really matters.


IDK , I see most everyone here saying if they dont understand it but do whatever you want.

If everyone minded 'thiers' there would be no thread , no forum , no discusion and this would be a boring place. Your in here too speaking your mind yea?

I dont understand why people do alot of things but thats why you ask , might learn something or hear something that maybe never occured to you.

Think that why we're here.

Could be wrong.  :)

Really? If everyone minded thier own that would mean none of us would get on here and talk golf? What does minding your own have to do with talking on a golf forum? I'm not talking about anybody that is just asking queations, obviously. I am talking about all of the smart@$$ remarks like "if you carry a staff bag we are ALL laughing at you" and, "if you have a staff bag you better not let me beat you" and, all that are on this thread acting like they are still in 2nd grade. I'm not talking about any who are just trying to learn and i really cant imagine how you would think that i was, did you even read my post? I dont think you did cause you are sure not understanding it.
Wow,talk about second grade. You don't sound like your taking it personal at all......rriiigghhht.  :)

Nevermind then.  I think I heard the bell ring anyways,  don't wanna be late for class.

Peace out.
RFE 8.5* XS
RHT #3 XS
Cally MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally Forged 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

#68 Smoothduffer

Smoothduffer

    Fantastico

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114680
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:40 AM

View PostRRFireblade, on 29 April 2011 - 11:26 PM, said:

View PostSmoothduffer, on 29 April 2011 - 09:45 PM, said:

View PostRRFireblade, on 29 April 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

View PostSmoothduffer, on 29 April 2011 - 11:07 AM, said:

No im not taking it personally at all i just dont understand why people worry about why someone else carries what, i dont get it. I play golf in foursomes, scrambles and tourneys all the time and all ive ever heard is "wow, thats a sharp bag, were did you get it". Only on this site have i heard all of the haterade toward staff bags (its like a buncha 5 year olds) and, BTW they are big but mine only has 6 pockets so, i dont think thats excessive at all. Yea maybe im worked up a little bit but, i mind my own and dont understand why everyone dont mind theirs. My bag works great for me, looks bad@$$ and nobody has to carry it and, if yours works for you thats great. Keep enjoying the game cause thats all that really matters.


IDK , I see most everyone here saying if they dont understand it but do whatever you want.

If everyone minded 'thiers' there would be no thread , no forum , no discusion and this would be a boring place. Your in here too speaking your mind yea?

I dont understand why people do alot of things but thats why you ask , might learn something or hear something that maybe never occured to you.

Think that why we're here.

Could be wrong.  :)

Really? If everyone minded thier own that would mean none of us would get on here and talk golf? What does minding your own have to do with talking on a golf forum? I'm not talking about anybody that is just asking queations, obviously. I am talking about all of the smart@$$ remarks like "if you carry a staff bag we are ALL laughing at you" and, "if you have a staff bag you better not let me beat you" and, all that are on this thread acting like they are still in 2nd grade. I'm not talking about any who are just trying to learn and i really cant imagine how you would think that i was, did you even read my post? I dont think you did cause you are sure not understanding it.
Wow,talk about second grade. You don't sound like your taking it personal at all......rriiigghhht.  :)

Nevermind then.  I think I heard the bell ring anyways,  don't wanna be late for class.

Peace out.

No im not taking it personal at all man and, i find it funny that you think i am. You think im the one acting like im in second grade, LMAO too funny dude. I dont think you are able to comprehend anything im posting but, thats alright and yes you REALLY should get back to class and let the grown ups have a conversation. Peace out???? LOL.

#69 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

    AKA Jay.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23410
  • Joined: 01/01/2007
  • Location:Central Florida
  • Handicap:+6.3
  • Ebay ID:RRFireblade
GolfWRX Likes : 1279

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:19 AM

View PostSmoothduffer, on 29 April 2011 - 09:45 PM, said:


Really? If everyone minded thier own that would mean none of us would get on here and talk golf? What does minding your own have to do with talking on a golf forum? I'm not talking about anybody that is just asking queations, obviously.   I am talking about all   of the smart@$$ remarks like "if you carry a staff bag we are ALL laughing at    you  " and, "if you have a staff bag you better not let me beat   you  " and, all that are on this thread acting like they are still in 2nd grade. I'm not talking about any who are just trying to learn and i really cant imagine how you would think that i was, did you even read my post? I dont think you did cause you are sure not understanding it.


Got a couple minutes before recess so I'll waste another couple seconds on it.

This is going to be a little advanced for ya since they dont dont teach much pysch in elementary school but anyway . . .

When total strangers make general open ended statements and you turn those open ended generalized statements into a personal attack on yourself compounded by an intense need to forcefully defend yourself from such attack..... that is actually the definition of taking something personal.

Just a fyi.  ;)

Hope that helps.

Uh oh . . . nap time , gotta jet.

Later dude.
RFE 8.5* XS
RHT #3 XS
Cally MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally Forged 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

#70 BirdieMac

BirdieMac

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127904
  • Joined: 05/02/2011
  • Ebay ID:blickjr
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:18 PM

A big bag is totally impractical.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#71 Smoothduffer

Smoothduffer

    Fantastico

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114680
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

View PostRRFireblade, on 02 May 2011 - 01:19 AM, said:

View PostSmoothduffer, on 29 April 2011 - 09:45 PM, said:

Really? If everyone minded thier own that would mean none of us would get on here and talk golf? What does minding your own have to do with talking on a golf forum? I'm not talking about anybody that is just asking queations, obviously.   I am talking about all   of the smart@$$ remarks like "if you carry a staff bag we are ALL laughing at    you  " and, "if you have a staff bag you better not let me beat   you  " and, all that are on this thread acting like they are still in 2nd grade. I'm not talking about any who are just trying to learn and i really cant imagine how you would think that i was, did you even read my post? I dont think you did cause you are sure not understanding it.


Got a couple minutes before recess so I'll waste another couple seconds on it.

This is going to be a little advanced for ya since they dont dont teach much pysch in elementary school but anyway . . .

When total strangers make general open ended statements and you turn those open ended generalized statements into a personal attack on yourself compounded by an intense need to forcefully defend yourself from such attack..... that is actually the definition of taking something personal.

Just a fyi.  ;)

Hope that helps.

Uh oh . . . nap time , gotta jet.

Later dude.

Open ended statements???? WOW and, No i NEVER took them as an attack on myself at all nor am i defending myself, you keep accusing me of taking it personal so, i am telling you (ONCE AGAIN) that i'm not taking it personal. The ONLY reason i have to keep repeating it over and over is because you are apparently not smart enough to comprehend it the first time that i said it. I guess you think its ok to just put words in my mouth and, then rip me when they are your words, LOL. All i've said all along is why do golfers worry so much about what other golfers have, thats all. How is that taking it personal, do you really think i give a DA#M about what someone like you thinks about my bag? NO i dont but some of the remarks on here are just simply outta line. Really man give it up you only look worse with each new post, enjoy your little nap-time and go ahead and stay with the kids this time and let us grown ups discuss things cause you cant seem to understand grown up talk.

Edited by Smoothduffer, 03 May 2011 - 01:32 PM.


#72 Random Hack

Random Hack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125010
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

View PostSmoothduffer, on 03 May 2011 - 12:50 PM, said:

View PostRRFireblade, on 02 May 2011 - 01:19 AM, said:

View PostSmoothduffer, on 29 April 2011 - 09:45 PM, said:

Really? If everyone minded thier own that would mean none of us would get on here and talk golf? What does minding your own have to do with talking on a golf forum? I'm not talking about anybody that is just asking queations, obviously.   I am talking about all   of the smart@$$ remarks like "if you carry a staff bag we are ALL laughing at    you  " and, "if you have a staff bag you better not let me beat   you  " and, all that are on this thread acting like they are still in 2nd grade. I'm not talking about any who are just trying to learn and i really cant imagine how you would think that i was, did you even read my post? I dont think you did cause you are sure not understanding it.


Got a couple minutes before recess so I'll waste another couple seconds on it.

This is going to be a little advanced for ya since they dont dont teach much pysch in elementary school but anyway . . .

When total strangers make general open ended statements and you turn those open ended generalized statements into a personal attack on yourself compounded by an intense need to forcefully defend yourself from such attack..... that is actually the definition of taking something personal.

Just a fyi.  ;)

Hope that helps.

Uh oh . . . nap time , gotta jet.

Later dude.

Open ended statements???? WOW and, No i NEVER took them as an attack on myself at all nor am i defending myself, you keep accusing me of taking it personal so, i am telling you (ONCE AGAIN) that i'm not taking it personal. The ONLY reason i have to keep repeating it over and over is because you are apparently not smart enough to comprehend it the first time that i said it. I guess you think its ok to just put words in my mouth and, then rip me when they are your words, LOL. All i've said all along is why do golfers worry so much about what other golfers have, thats all. How is that taking it personal, do you really think i give a DA#M about what someone like you thinks about my bag? NO i dont but some of the remarks on here are just simply outta line. Really man give it up you only look worse with each new post, enjoy your little nap-time and go ahead and stay with the kids this time and let us grown ups discuss things cause you cant seem to understand grown up talk.

Attached Thumbnails

  • mj-274.jpg


#73 tElihu

tElihu

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87680
  • Joined: 07/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

View PostBirdieMac, on 03 May 2011 - 12:18 PM, said:

A big bag is totally impractical.

In what way?

If you only ride or push/pull, then it's actually more practical than a small bag. If you never have to carry it, why not use a large bag and have enough room for things that you would normally leave out when you walk?

#74 Smoothduffer

Smoothduffer

    Fantastico

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114680
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:43 PM

View PostYipMaster, on 03 May 2011 - 01:55 PM, said:

View PostSmoothduffer, on 03 May 2011 - 12:50 PM, said:

View PostRRFireblade, on 02 May 2011 - 01:19 AM, said:

View PostSmoothduffer, on 29 April 2011 - 09:45 PM, said:

Really? If everyone minded thier own that would mean none of us would get on here and talk golf? What does minding your own have to do with talking on a golf forum? I'm not talking about anybody that is just asking queations, obviously.   I am talking about all   of the smart@$$ remarks like "if you carry a staff bag we are ALL laughing at    you  " and, "if you have a staff bag you better not let me beat   you  " and, all that are on this thread acting like they are still in 2nd grade. I'm not talking about any who are just trying to learn and i really cant imagine how you would think that i was, did you even read my post? I dont think you did cause you are sure not understanding it.


Got a couple minutes before recess so I'll waste another couple seconds on it.

This is going to be a little advanced for ya since they dont dont teach much pysch in elementary school but anyway . . .

When total strangers make general open ended statements and you turn those open ended generalized statements into a personal attack on yourself compounded by an intense need to forcefully defend yourself from such attack..... that is actually the definition of taking something personal.

Just a fyi.  ;)

Hope that helps.

Uh oh . . . nap time , gotta jet.

Later dude.

Open ended statements???? WOW and, No i NEVER took them as an attack on myself at all nor am i defending myself, you keep accusing me of taking it personal so, i am telling you (ONCE AGAIN) that i'm not taking it personal. The ONLY reason i have to keep repeating it over and over is because you are apparently not smart enough to comprehend it the first time that i said it. I guess you think its ok to just put words in my mouth and, then rip me when they are your words, LOL. All i've said all along is why do golfers worry so much about what other golfers have, thats all. How is that taking it personal, do you really think i give a DA#M about what someone like you thinks about my bag? NO i dont but some of the remarks on here are just simply outta line. Really man give it up you only look worse with each new post, enjoy your little nap-time and go ahead and stay with the kids this time and let us grown ups discuss things cause you cant seem to understand grown up talk.


I luv it when someone jumps in to share their .02, LOL you can put yourself in that category also.

Edited by Smoothduffer, 03 May 2011 - 06:58 PM.


#75 Guia

Guia

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,768 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97501
  • Joined: 10/28/2009
  • Location:Southwest
GolfWRX Likes : 453

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:57 PM

A bag is a bag.    Use whatever you want to use.  Using a staff bag is no different than using paintfill on your cameron, a swish or shark on your shirt.  If you like it, use it.


#76 Netsonar

Netsonar

    Aspiring Lefty

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107578
  • Joined: 05/08/2010
  • Ebay ID:Netsonar
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:17 PM

View Postmisterlau, on 19 April 2011 - 08:29 AM, said:

I heard it helps build your core strength while you're on the course....

But seriously, it's their money, their clubs, their back. They can go into a store and buy whatever they please. It's not like they need a license or certification to get a golf bag. It has no bearing on anyone else's game.

If I knew that I was playing against someone who was bothered by amateurs with staff bags, I'd be hauling the biggest baddest staff bag I could find. I'd probably also throw on a white belt, break out the blades and covers, and iron a few logos onto my shirt and hat. I might even get a caddy and make him wear my name.

Classic! + 1 next tournament I am going all out! I may even pack the drizzle stick to put in the bag and rent a custom golf cart with a bar in the back!

#77 geesecougar2

geesecougar2

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104647
  • Joined: 03/11/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 219

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:35 AM

No one is "worried" about what others do, but if you ask my opinion I'm going to give it. Not much different from people whining about jeans.

Staff bags are named as such because they are for staff pros. It's no big deal, and I really wouldn't have any preconceived notions about someone I meet who is a bad golfer with a staff bag. But I would never buy one unless it was to hold clubs in my home.

However, if you have a staff bag with your name embroidered on it, that is a whole other offense. People should refrain from doing this out of respect for the humble club pro. To me the embroidered staff bag is almost a symbol that you have taken a rite of passage and devoted your life and work to the game of golf.

Now a staff bag with someone else's name on it, like a Tour player? That would be cool. I would definitely buy a Ping staff bag that has been used by Angel Cabrera, a Titleist bag used by DLIII, or a Bridgestone bag used by Freddy.

Edited by E - SF, 05 May 2011 - 01:23 AM.

RBZ Tour 9* Diamana Whiteboard 73x
Burner TP 07 14.5 Axivcore Green 79x
Rescue 11 18* Aldila RIP 105x
i25 4-PW KBS Tour X Soft-stepped 1x
Vokey TVD 56* & 60* S400
Scotty Pro Platinum Laguna

#78 m5power

m5power

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52647
  • Joined: 03/31/2008
  • Location:socal
  • Handicap:4.6
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:51 AM

View PostE - SF, on 05 May 2011 - 12:35 AM, said:

No one is "worried" about what others do, but if you ask my opinion I'm going to give it. Not much different from people whining about jeans.

Staff bags are named as such because they are for staff pros. It's no big deal, and I really wouldn't have any preconceived notions about someone I meet who is a bad golfer with a staff bag. But I would never buy one unless it was to hold clubs in my home.

However, if you have a staff bag with your name embroidered on it, that is a whole other offense. People should refrain from doing this out of respect for the humble club pro. To me the embroidered staff bag is almost a symbol that you have taken a rite of passage and devoted your life and work to the game of golf.

R1 v2 AD BB7
R11 3 wood
RBZ tour 18.5 hybrid
4-pw TM MC 2014 KBS
52, 56 Nike vforged 60 TM ATV
TM Ghost 880

#79 tElihu

tElihu

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87680
  • Joined: 07/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:54 AM

View PostE - SF, on 05 May 2011 - 12:35 AM, said:

No one is "worried" about what others do, but if you ask my opinion I'm going to give it. Not much different from people whining about jeans.

Staff bags are named as such because they are for staff pros. It's no big deal, and I really wouldn't have any preconceived notions about someone I meet who is a bad golfer with a staff bag. But I would never buy one unless it was to hold clubs in my home.

However, if you have a staff bag with your name embroidered on it, that is a whole other offense. People should refrain from doing this out of respect for the humble club pro. To me the embroidered staff bag is almost a symbol that you have taken a rite of passage and devoted your life and work to the game of golf.

Now a staff bag with someone else's name on it, like a Tour player? That would be cool. I would definitely buy a Ping staff bag that has been used by Angel Cabrera, a Titleist bag used by DLIII, or a Bridgestone bag used by Freddy.

What if you won an embroidered staff bag in a member guest? I have seen them given as gifts.

#80 Random Hack

Random Hack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125010
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

View PosttElihu, on 05 May 2011 - 07:54 AM, said:

View PostE - SF, on 05 May 2011 - 12:35 AM, said:

No one is "worried" about what others do, but if you ask my opinion I'm going to give it. Not much different from people whining about jeans.

Staff bags are named as such because they are for staff pros. It's no big deal, and I really wouldn't have any preconceived notions about someone I meet who is a bad golfer with a staff bag. But I would never buy one unless it was to hold clubs in my home.

However, if you have a staff bag with your name embroidered on it, that is a whole other offense. People should refrain from doing this out of respect for the humble club pro. To me the embroidered staff bag is almost a symbol that you have taken a rite of passage and devoted your life and work to the game of golf.

Now a staff bag with someone else's name on it, like a Tour player? That would be cool. I would definitely buy a Ping staff bag that has been used by Angel Cabrera, a Titleist bag used by DLIII, or a Bridgestone bag used by Freddy.

What if you won an embroidered staff bag in a member guest? I have seen them given as gifts.

I think many of us have won something similar, and as I said in my first post in this thread, I used it in my office to store spare clubs in - pretty sure most of the other golfers I know do the same thing with their staff bags.

Again, if you feel like bringing a staff bag to the course is something that makes you happy - then by all means go for it.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#81 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

    Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
  • Joined: 08/04/2006
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 835

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

I love my giant bag....Posted Image

#82 SwingLikeElk

SwingLikeElk

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57137
  • Joined: 06/02/2008
  • Location:Lantana, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

Nothing wrong with a staff bag at any level. Growing up, my dad and all his friends had them. My Mizuno staff holds everything and looks great. I ride a cart most of the time, so it's no big deal. Not so sure about having your name on it, though. That might be a bit over the top. If you can give a lesson...add your name.

I really like classic looking staff bags like the plain black Belding bags. Those are sweet; with some Jan Craig or Rocket Tour covers.
Ping G10 10.5 - Diamana Blue stiff
T.E.Exotics CB2 15 - V2 stiff
Hogan CFT 19 - V2 stiff
Mizuno MX17 (3i)  MP60 (4-PW) - DG S300
Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie
Mizuno MP-T 53 & 60 - DG S300

#83 stiffdogg06

stiffdogg06

    Tour Sauce

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107291
  • Joined: 05/03/2010
  • Location:Columbus, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

Why do pros use staff bags?
TM 9.5° SLDR Fujikura Fuel Tour Spec
Cobra Pro MB's Project X 6.5
Ping i20 15° Black Project X 6.0
Odyssey White Ice 2-Ball

#84 Brendon1215

Brendon1215

    Tour Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123335
  • Joined: 03/01/2011
  • Location:Columbus, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

I could really care less. I guess they've been known to be quite heavy, so hopefully they're tipping that caddy some good, well deserved money, lol.

#85 Anakinn

Anakinn

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38400
  • Joined: 08/28/2007
  • Location:Paradise, South Pacific
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

View PostGuia, on 03 May 2011 - 06:57 PM, said:

A bag is a bag.    Use whatever you want to use.  Using a staff bag is no different than using paintfill on your cameron, a swish or shark on your shirt.  If you like it, use it.
+1 Posted ImagePosted Image

Ping i25, 9.5*
Adams XTD Ti, Fwy 15*
Adams XTD Ti, Hyd 20*
Mizuno MP 59, 3-P
Titleist SM4, 52* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Select, Newport 2

#86 Par72

Par72

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116957
  • Joined: 11/02/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

Staff Bags look sweet and if you don't carry or push I cant imagine NOT having one.

Having your name stitched on it is kind of a poser thing to do if you aren't sponsored or a pro though....

#87 BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger

    I am a horrible golfer but I like Beer!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,880 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73088
  • Joined: 01/17/2009
  • Location:Northern Wisconsin
GolfWRX Likes : 459

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

Gave my dad the 2011 season opener Taylormade staff bag I won on here. He emails me every week saying how much he loves it and all the compliments he gets on it. My father is going to be 72 this July. Does anyone think he is a poser or doesn't deserve a staff bag to wheel around?

Who gives a crud what kind of bag someone has.
10.5* PING G30 Tour 65 Stiff
15* RBZ Matrix Ozik 7/S
18* RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S
23* PING G25 TFC-189 Stiff
PING G20 5-LW CFS Stiff Black Dot
34" Bettinardi Studio Stock 15

#88 GatorNate11

GatorNate11

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117979
  • Joined: 11/24/2010
  • Location:West Virginia
  • Ebay ID:gatornate5
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

View PostBuckyBadger, on 06 May 2011 - 03:07 PM, said:

Gave my dad the 2011 season opener Taylormade staff bag I won on here. He emails me every week saying how much he loves it and all the compliments he gets on it. My father is going to be 72 this July. Does anyone think he is a poser or doesn't deserve a staff bag to wheel around?

Who gives a crud what kind of bag someone has.

Don't worry, someone will show up any minute now saying something about how he doesn't need one at his age or some other jacka**ery like that.

#89 130R

130R

    Tour Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86741
  • Joined: 06/26/2009
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:33 AM

Ive had a stand bag; now using a staff bag which is more practical for me atm (course Im a member at, all members get free use of carts) so its easier to load the staff bag and shoot of to the range or hit the course........I really couldnt give a stuff what bag people use...whatever gets the job done.
Nike CT 2.0 w/- Fujikura Speeder 661
Nike Covert 2.0 3W w/- Kai'li 70
Callaway Optiforce 5W w/- Blueboard 83
Callaway X Prototype 4-PW w/- PXF 6.5
X Forged MD 52°/Cleveland 588 RTX 56°60°
Odyssey ProType Tour #2

#90 Buddyjay

Buddyjay

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84720
  • Joined: 06/04/2009
  • Location:Pennsylvania
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:29 AM

I must admit...this topic has been debated many times over the years. At least, this time, it took to page 2 before the fireworks began.
Everyone has there opinions and they are entitled to them. It's the ones who start with the critical comments that shows who the jacka**es are. The people who use staff bags never get offended when a non-user comments in a respectful manner. But when ridiculed, that's when it gets offensive.

Two years ago, I was heavily criticized for using a staff bag. One member actually said I was trying to look like a pro. So I told him that I use name brand clubs (Pings), like 99% of most golfers use...am I still trying to look like a pro? His comment was "yes".
Now I realized I was dealing with someone who has probably been hit in the head with a golf ball, too many times.
... sorry, lecture over.

I personally, use all kinds of bags. I have a Callaway staff bag, a Nike cart bag, a Ping carry bag, etc. I like the extra room the larger bags have since I carry a lot of "stuff". During the transitional weather months, I carry a lot of clothes since the weather changes hourly. I also carry food (hypoglycemic). The staff bags offer me more room to carry these things. The Nike cart bag will carry them but you have to cram the clothes and food into the pockets.

It doesn't matter WHAT you use on the course. If it adds to your enjoyment, then by all means, do/use it. Don't worry about what others think.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors