Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 12 votes

Maryland Golfers/Virginia and DC Golfers

DC Maryland Virginia DCMetro

22265 replies to this topic

#631 ismashedit

ismashedit

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133374
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

And watching CAPS in double OT right now.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#632 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,702 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9960
GolfWRX Likes : 326

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

View Postismashedit, on 02 May 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Man...What a game.  5 hours invested in that, and what an emotinal crash!!  

A friend of mine who knows more about Hockey, than just about anyone I know, said it was the best game he has seen in probably 10 years.  And he's a Red Wing fan, who has seeen his share of Stanley Cup wins!!
OptiForce 10.5* Diamana 62+ R
OptiForce 15* Diamana 62+ R
19 and 23 XHot Hybrid PXI 5.5
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
MD2 58-C 14 degree Hopkins 52 Custom
Versa No. 7

#633 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Are you up for or available for Timbers or Waverly Woods this afternoon around 3:30 or so?
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#634 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127164
GolfWRX Likes : 169

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 03 May 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

A friend of mine who knows more about Hockey, than just about anyone I know, said it was the best game he has seen in probably 10 years.  And he's a Red Wing fan, who has seeen his share of Stanley Cup wins!!

I work with a Nu Yawker who sawr the game..(that is how he talks).   Hated to see him smiling today...  home ice appears to not mean very much at all...so why do they play all season for home ice? oh, I know, make lots of money for the team...I wondered if either coach considered putting in a fresh goalie after 2 overtime periods...
G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6
Every kind of wedge there is

#635 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

View Postpeanutandjelly, on 03 May 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 03 May 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

I work with a Nu Yawker who sawr the game..(that is how he talks).   Hated to see him smiling today...  home ice appears to not mean very much at all...so why do they play all season for home ice? oh, I know, make lots of money for the team...I wondered if either coach considered putting in a fresh goalie after 2 overtime periods...

Home Ice hasn't mean much to any team in the playoffs.  As of yesterday the away team has won 65% of the games in the first and second rounds.

Goales were fine, you don't want to bring someone in cold who hasn't been in the flow and throw them straight into a sudden death situation.   I thought the longer the game went, it would favor the caps and negate the Rangers speed.  But both teams had  hit a lot of pipes, it very easily could have been a 5-4 type of game.  

At least it ended at 9:00 PM for you guys, not after midnight.  

Note in today's Post:  The Metro stayed open an hour and half later (the verizon center sits right on top of the metro) at a cost of $29,000.  I wonder if Metro will send the bill to Ted :)

5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#636 ismashedit

ismashedit

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 03 May 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

Are you up for or available for Timbers or Waverly Woods this afternoon around 3:30 or so?

Sorry, was just too busy at work today to take the afternoon off.  But in any case I am off every Sunday and Tuesday of the year.  I play in a golf league every Tuesday and tee off around 230.  Sometimes I play two rounds on Tuesdays.  There are some days that I can take some time off to play though.  Just let me know.  And btw I have never played those courses. PM me for number.

#637 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

View Postismashedit, on 03 May 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 03 May 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

Sorry, was just too busy at work today to take the afternoon off.  But in any case I am off every Sunday and Tuesday of the year.  I play in a golf league every Tuesday and tee off around 230.  Sometimes I play two rounds on Tuesdays.  There are some days that I can take some time off to play though.  Just let me know.  And btw I have never played those courses. PM me for number.
Got it.  Sent you a PM.

My work schedule might have me off on some Tuesdays or Wednesdays this year.  Also Sunday mornings are better for me than Saturdays. So I'm sure we might be able to meet up.  

it be nice to get puppetmaster, Tbowles, ionakana, goosehook and others together one Sunday morning for an outing.  Maybe I can work on that for July.  May and June are pretty jam packed all ready for me.
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#638 Boogaloo_Jones

Boogaloo_Jones

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

• 4,822 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83989
  • Handicap:17.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1014

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 03 May 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

I
Home Ice hasn't mean much to any team in the playoffs.  As of yesterday the away team has won 65% of the games in the first and second rounds.

Goales were fine, you don't want to bring someone in cold who hasn't been in the flow and throw them straight into a sudden death situation.   I thought the longer the game went, it would favor the caps and negate the Rangers speed.  But both teams had  hit a lot of pipes, it very easily could have been a 5-4 type of game.  

Note in today's Post:  The Metro stayed open an hour and half later (the verizon center sits right on top of the metro) at a cost of $29,000.  I wonder if Metro will send the bill to Ted :)

From what I read, the Caps and Metro have an agreement if games were to go into OT or late into the night, that the Caps would take some/all of the bill.  It was definitely one hell of a game and I had to keep quiet from waking up the family from screaming/cursing LOL.  

What do you guys think of Ovi not getting much playing time even though with his less minutes they win?

#639 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

View Postionakana511, on 04 May 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

I

From what I read, the Caps and Metro have an agreement if games were to go into OT or late into the night, that the Caps would take some/all of the bill.  It was definitely one hell of a game and I had to keep quiet from waking up the family from screaming/cursing LOL.  

What do you guys think of Ovi not getting much playing time even though with his less minutes they win?

LO!!  I know what you mean Ionakana...While my fiance was napping on the couch, I kept waking her up with my "AHHH MANNN's and a few F'bombs mixed in with each missed shot of the caps.

As for Ovie, I have frineds who know much more about Hockey than I ever will.  But what one of them has told me, is pretty much what you may have heard Alan May or others say on the radio.  That Ollie just doesn't play full ice defense and that at times his defenisve liability outweighs his potential offensive capability.  

Hunters system seems to be workng so far, they didn't go very far in past years with him geting a lot of ice time and scoring.  To his credit he seems to be handling it pretty well and not beng a malcontent.   You know what they say, "if it's not broke dont' fix it"

But this style of dump and chase, sure makes for close competive games, even if it is nerve wracking to watch.
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#640 Norboo

Norboo

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34535
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Just signed up for GolfStyles Players Series :D

Laurel Hill
June 9 (Sat 7:30 AM)

Westfields
July 28 (Sat 9:00 AM)

Stonewall
Aug 4 (Sat 8:00 aM)

Raspberry Falls
Aug 18 (Sat 10:32 AM)

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#641 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostNorboo, on 04 May 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

Laurel Hill

Westfields

Stonewall

Raspberry Falls

Sorry to see you'll be playing 4 goat tracks  LOL!!  Seriously, very nice.  You'll have a great time.  They are very well run and a great group of guys play in them.  You'll more than get your initial entry fee back with the nice shirt they give you.  Depending on some work changes that may happen, I might or might not be able to play in any this year.  I haven't signed up yet, waiting to see in the next week or so.

Good luck!!
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#642 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 04 May 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

I

LO!!  I know what you mean Ionakana...While my fiance was napping on the couch, I kept waking her up with my "AHHH MANNN's and a few F'bombs mixed in with each missed shot of the caps.

As for Ovie, I have frineds who know much more about Hockey than I ever will.  But what one of them has told me, is pretty much what you may have heard Alan May or others say on the radio.  That Ollie just doesn't play full ice defense and that at times his defenisve liability outweighs his potential offensive capability.  

Hunters system seems to be workng so far, they didn't go very far in past years with him geting a lot of ice time and scoring.  To his credit he seems to be handling it pretty well and not beng a malcontent.   You know what they say, "if it's not broke dont' fix it"

But this style of dump and chase, sure makes for close competive games, even if it is nerve wracking to watch.

the one thing I hear about ovi is that he doesn't hesintate before making the shot and he sure whipped one by the goaie the other night...it was fun watching all my teams almost win all the games this weekend...loved the steal of home but man, a wrist is not supposed to bend that way regarding werth.....I swear the nats look like a high school team with a bunch of 18 year olds.

saturday, played a very tough pga type course....their skins game lets guy over 60 play from the whites so jumped on that break...still couldn't get to one of the par 3s with a driver and it bounced off the cart path into the deep dark woods but got one whole skin.  the guy with me looked like he was drawing snowmen on his card...8,8,8,8, etc.

so I got home on sunday, let the cat out, opened the doors and am watching baseball when a big crash and a ball comes into my house and rolls just off the patio...the cat goes and checks out the ball and here comes two guys, one of them just out of a crocodile dundee movie...hat on backwards, playing left handed but with the glove on the wrong hand, a grip that looks like he is pulling stumps....I tell him that he is OB...he says in his accent  AND WHO MADE YOU THE JUDGE?...I told him to look at the wall on both sides of you, that is the course, this is my house.....so his friend says HE GETS A DROP CORRECT?  ... and I said actually you should go back to the tee and hit 3....now ozzie is thunderstruck so his friend says just drop it out here.....so dundee takes a might swing with a tight lie wo0d    ...lots of trees in his way and puts it back on the patio....now he is really getting mad and drops it again and puts in right into the trees......anybody keeping count here?   then stomps off and smacks it again....his friend is now openly laughing...they were playing for money....
G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6

#643 ismashedit

ismashedit

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

Playing Black Rock tomorrow!  Can't wait for the postage stamp area greens.

#644 Norboo

Norboo

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34535
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 05 May 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

Laurel Hill

Westfields

Stonewall

Raspberry Falls

Sorry to see you'll be playing 4 goat tracks  LOL!!  Seriously, very nice.  You'll have a great time.  They are very well run and a great group of guys play in them.  You'll more than get your initial entry fee back with the nice shirt they give you.  Depending on some work changes that may happen, I might or might not be able to play in any this year.  I haven't signed up yet, waiting to see in the next week or so.

Good luck!!

Thanks,  I can only afford to play these "goat tracks" LOL.  I live 5 minutes away from Laurel Hills (my home course). Maybe we might play in some eventes together....hope to see you on the "goat tracks":D

#645 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster

Hall of Fame

• 7,048 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91668
GolfWRX Likes : 1512

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

Laurel Hill

Westfields

Stonewall

Raspberry Falls

Good luck!!

Man, I need to do one of these series sometime... those are all my favorite courses!  

Edited by Puppetmaster, 08 May 2012 - 06:52 AM.

Cobra Bio Cell Pro 8.5*, GD DI-7x
TEE CB5 15*, Fujikura Rombax P95
TEE CB Pro-h 21*, Aldila RIP Tour 115
Callaway X-Proto, DG X100
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*, DG
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M
WITB Link

#646 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostPuppetmaster, on 08 May 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

Laurel Hill

Westfields

Stonewall

Raspberry Falls

Good luck!!

Man, I need to do one of these series sometime... those are all my favorite courses!  

Puppet Master, so true.  You know the more I think about it. If you were to make a Mt. Rushmore of public golf in NOVA, those might be the four courses on the list.   I maybe missing one, but I'm not sure if there is one (public) I'd put in place of any of those.   Maybe Old Hickory or Cannon Ridge, but I don't know which of the four you'd take off.
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#647 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster

Hall of Fame

• 7,048 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91668
GolfWRX Likes : 1512

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 08 May 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Puppet Master, so true.  You know the more I think about it. If you were to make a Mt. Rushmore of public golf in NOVA, those might be the four courses on the list.   I maybe missing one, but I'm not sure if there is one (public) I'd put in place of any of those.   Maybe Old Hickory or Cannon Ridge, but I don't know which of the four you'd take off.

Hmm... I wouldn't put Old Hickory on that list, and haven't played Cannon Ridge yet, although I keep going down there for fittings and equipment tests. Hopefully some day soon I'll get to play it. Old Hickory is great though, don't get me wrong, but those I think are clearly in the top tier. That list is IT for NOVA, other than RTJ and the other private courses of course.

Edited by Puppetmaster, 08 May 2012 - 09:44 AM.

Cobra Bio Cell Pro 8.5*, GD DI-7x
TEE CB5 15*, Fujikura Rombax P95
TEE CB Pro-h 21*, Aldila RIP Tour 115
Callaway X-Proto, DG X100
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*, DG
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M
WITB Link

#648 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

Well, you can call me Mr. 59.  I found out what's it like to shot a 59 yesterday!!  Well MDHacker, SHTerp and a coworker of mine found out.  Granted it was in a
Scramble but it still felt pretty good to make so many birdies and eagles :partytime2:   Kind of funny though, I've never seen 4 guys get so mad over the 8 pars that we couldn't convert to a birdie  LOL!!   But we went 12 under on the other 10 holes, with 8 birdies and 2 eagles.  

It was good enough for 3rd place.  Wining score was a 56 and there was a 58 for 2nd.  Great course River Marsh at the Hyatt Cambridge.  The course was in phenominal condition, not a blemish anywhere I could see and the greens rolled as true as any I have putted on in a long time.
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#649 jwojtanik

jwojtanik

jnwojo37

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125539
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

played Challedon Sunday morning for $45, course looked great!  Tight, but nice track...greens in good condition...

#650 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostNorboo, on 07 May 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

Laurel Hill

Westfields

Stonewall

Raspberry Falls

Good luck!!

Thanks,  I can only afford to play these "goat tracks" LOL.  I live 5 minutes away from Laurel Hills (my home course). Maybe we might play in some eventes together....hope to see you on the "goat tracks":D

goat tracks are for real men...anybody can look good on perfect fairways, perfect bunkers, perfect greens...a real golfer knows how to hit off crabgrass tufts, rock hard mud bunkers, bumpy chopped up greens.....it is like the old days when men were men in scotland and the sheep were scared..

I watched the hall of fame ceremony last night and they showed peter allis pitching to a green and it looked awful!!! like someones front yard where the grass had kind of died in august.

I played sunday on a pga course and it was hard not to hit a good fairway wood or iron off those fairways.

when I first started playing and was going to places like northwest park, the plastic lining of the bunkers would be sticking up thru the mud...now that was a challenge....the first time I played a perfect course, I went into a bunker with my usual fear and was amazed at how the ball came out with real sand.

some guys like carolina only play the finest places so they wouldn't know goat tracks.

a guy I play with used to kind of a lobbyist for a railroad.  Every city he went to, they took him to play golf and every one was a former us open site or pga site. It was like he was knocking off the top 100 list from golf digest.  Our only revenge was that those places beat him up scorewise.

G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#651 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 08 May 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

Well, you can call me Mr. 59.  I found out what's it like to shot a 59 yesterday!!  Well MDHacker, SHTerp and a coworker of mine found out.  Granted it was in a
Scramble but it still felt pretty good to make so many birdies and eagles :partytime2:   Kind of funny though, I've never seen 4 guys get so mad over the 8 pars that we couldn't convert to a birdie  LOL!!   But we went 12 under on the other 10 holes, with 8 birdies and 2 eagles.  

It was good enough for 3rd place.  Wining score was a 56 and there was a 58 for 2nd.  Great course River Marsh at the Hyatt Cambridge.  The course was in phenominal condition, not a blemish anywhere I could see and the greens rolled as true as any I have putted on in a long time.

I didn't watch last night's caps game under the impression it is bad luck to see the end of the game...my ny ranger friend said it was a good thing I wasn't watching...I would have died...

the previous game, I was watching at home and they showed the goalie of the rangers going off....my wife asked why...I told her that they wanted an extra attacker....she said but what if the caps shoot at the goal, would that count?  I said yes but the rangers didn't care because they were behind...she said but now they would be two behind.....so I put a pillow over my face and gave up..
G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6

#652 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

View Postpeanutandjelly, on 08 May 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

I didn't watch last night's caps game under the impression it is bad luck to see the end of the game...my ny ranger friend said it was a good thing I wasn't watching...I would have died...

the previous game, I was watching at home and they showed the goalie of the rangers going off....my wife asked why...I told her that they wanted an extra attacker....she said but what if the caps shoot at the goal, would that count?  I said yes but the rangers didn't care because they were behind...she said but now they would be two behind.....so I put a pillow over my face and gave up..

hey carolina, last week we had a 3 out of 4 thing..the winning team had a 54!!!!  it sure wasn't us.
G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6

#653 GooseHook

GooseHook

Do you not?

• 4,645 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114119
GolfWRX Likes : 1897

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Man, I would have been all over that open spot if my friend wasn't in town!! We played 54 this weekend, Mountain Branch -> Diamond Ridge -> Rocky Point.  I must say, Mountain Branch is in phenomenal shape right now.
SLDR 460, Elements Chrome 7F5T
PING G25 , Elements Chrome 8F5T
SLDR Rescue 19, hM3 Black Tie
SLDR Rescue 24, Speeder 9.8 HB
JPX 825 Pro/ MP- T4
Piretti Potenza
WITB Link

#654 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

Goose, That's a nice weeked of golf in of itself.  How was the rough at Mountain Branch, seems like every time I play there, it is thick and high.  I know the answer is to be in the fairway, but that's a bit easier than done.

yeah, our Sunday round at River Marsh was fantastic.  Priceless was able to step in and make it so it was good time to see him and here a few new jokes.  Those of you who have never met or palyed with Pricless, well let's just say you owe it to yourselt to experence it at least once.   Many people probably pay top dollar to be paired with some celebrity comics and suc, I guarantee they aren't entertained as much as you are with Priceless.

Overall a great weekend!!  I highly recommend the River Marsh course and the Resort if you want a nice weekend getaway.
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#655 ismashedit

ismashedit

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

Is there anyone else locally here who is playing clustered spires on Monday to try to qualify for the open?  They have 6 spots and 2 alternates.  I'm in at 10:47.  Everyone has a chance.

#656 GooseHook

GooseHook

Do you not?

• 4,645 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114119
GolfWRX Likes : 1897

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 09 May 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Goose, That's a nice weeked of golf in of itself.  How was the rough at Mountain Branch, seems like every time I play there, it is thick and high.  I know the answer is to be in the fairway, but that's a bit easier than done.

yeah, our Sunday round at River Marsh was fantastic.  Priceless was able to step in and make it so it was good time to see him and here a few new jokes.  Those of you who have never met or palyed with Pricless, well let's just say you owe it to yourselt to experence it at least once.   Many people probably pay top dollar to be paired with some celebrity comics and suc, I guarantee they aren't entertained as much as you are with Priceless.

Overall a great weekend!!  I highly recommend the River Marsh course and the Resort if you want a nice weekend getaway.

The rough is indeed lush at "the Branch," trust me...I was in it several times!!  Being my second time there, I'm starting to learn how to navigate the course, every hole seems to give you one miss (and one miss only).
SLDR 460, Elements Chrome 7F5T
PING G25 , Elements Chrome 8F5T
SLDR Rescue 19, hM3 Black Tie
SLDR Rescue 24, Speeder 9.8 HB
JPX 825 Pro/ MP- T4
Piretti Potenza
WITB Link

#657 Boogaloo_Jones

Boogaloo_Jones

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

• 4,822 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83989
  • Handicap:17.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1014

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 04 May 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

I

LOL....I woke up the entire family, the dog started barking and my cousin ran down to make sure I was alright when they won that game in OT.  

I didnt see the game they lost in OT in game 5 (with a really dumb penalty by Ward), but I did see the winning goal by Staal (sp?) and resulted in me yelling in a loud F Bomb waking up some of the fam once again lol.  

Yesterdays game was good.  Glad to see Ovi score the first goal and they played well overall.  I would like them to clear the puck a little better but a win is a win and cant wait for Game 7.

Has anyone been watching any Basketball?  After that disturbing and vomit-inducing injury by Baron Davis and his dislocated knee cap, I stopped watching Basketball altogether lol.  Plus D-Rose is injured and I really cant stand the Heat lol.

#658 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

View PostGooseHook, on 10 May 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 09 May 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

The rough is indeed lush at "the Branch," trust me...I was in it several times!!  Being my second time there, I'm starting to learn how to navigate the course, every hole seems to give you one miss (and one miss only).

There is a local course that has us open type rough...I have seen a guy's ball roll off the green and we can't find it ....one guy left his club by his ball and then couldn't find the club!!   a guy who was from pittsburgh came out to visit his brother, and wanted a souvenier ball but didn't want to pay the 5 bucks or whatever.....so as they are walking thru the rough, they find 2 of them just by stepping on them.....  Rough like that leaves only one option, get out sideways if need be...do NOT try to hit your fairway wood towards the hole.
G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6

#659 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

LOL....I woke up the entire family, the dog started barking and my cousin ran down to make sure I was alright when they won that game in OT.  

I didnt see the game they lost in OT in game 5 (with a really dumb penalty by Ward), but I did see the winning goal by Staal (sp?) and resulted in me yelling in a loud F Bomb waking up some of the fam once again lol.  

Yesterdays game was good.  Glad to see Ovi score the first goal and they played well overall.  I would like them to clear the puck a little better but a win is a win and cant wait for Game 7.

Has anyone been watching any Basketball?  After that disturbing and vomit-inducing injury by Baron Davis and his dislocated knee cap, I stopped watching Basketball altogether lol.  Plus D-Rose is injured and I really cant stand the Heat lol.
[/quote]

when I left work, it was 2-0 so I figured even if they did give up a late goal on a dumb penalty, they might be able to hold them off...in this series, a 2 goal lead is major, a one goal lead is the same as being tied...come on caps, finally win a big game!!!
make the other team who finished high take a vacation instead of the being the no. 1 seed and choking.
G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6

#660 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Game 5 was a punch straight to the gut.  I mean 7 seconds really.  You were right, one good clear and they would have won that game.  I went to bed before OT started, I had a feeling they would come out flat in OT.  

Yeah, last night was a good game, probably the best Ovie has played all year.  Really into it.  But I was nervous as hell with less than a minute to go after NY got the one goal, I thought here we go again.  But Hoaltby is really standing up to all the pressure.  Saturday night will be exciting.  

Except I'm down in NC for a nephews graduation and there is a graduation dinner that night, i'll be sneaking to the bar to catch updates and hopefully back to the hotel before the end.

5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Also tagged with DC, Maryland, Virginia, DCMetro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors