Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 12 votes

Maryland Golfers/Virginia and DC Golfers

DC Maryland Virginia DCMetro

22265 replies to this topic

#61 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2381
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:28 PM

Golfinnova:
  Wouldn't you know it.  Weather was sunny and perfect all week.  Of course I'm playing this coming Monday....Weather starting Saturday...40% thunderstorms...Sunday same...Monday iffy...LOL

MDHacker

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 Golfinnova

Golfinnova

Paiute Wolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16582
  • Ebay ID:MdTerps1989
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

View PostMDHacker, on 13 May 2011 - 07:28 PM, said:

Golfinnova:
  Wouldn't you know it.  Weather was sunny and perfect all week.  Of course I'm playing this coming Monday....Weather starting Saturday...40% thunderstorms...Sunday same...Monday iffy...LOL

MDHacker

MDHacker,

Just wanted to give you some inspiration once your little ones get older and you can take them out on the course.  Enjoy.

Golfinnova

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02312.JPG
  • DSC02313.JPG
  • DSC02314.JPG
  • DSC02315.JPG
  • DSC02316.JPG
  • DSC02317.JPG
  • DSC02318.JPG
  • DSC02319.JPG

#63 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127164
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:26 PM

View PostGolfinnova, on 14 May 2011 - 06:13 PM, said:

Golfinnova:

MDHacker

MDHacker,

Just wanted to give you some inspiration once your little ones get older and you can take them out on the course.  Enjoy.

Golfinnova

How did you get to play with Paula Creamer?
G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6
Every kind of wedge there is

#64 Golfinnova

Golfinnova

Paiute Wolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16582
  • Ebay ID:MdTerps1989
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

She definitely likes pink just like Creamer but she hasn't asked for a Pink Panther headcover yet :lol:

#65 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

Golfinnova:

MDHacker

how about this..2 day tournament...leading my flight...going off next to last...then here comes the stupid rain again....trying to stay dry, keep clubs dry.  All the people that were way back got to quit.  Our group had to keep playing.  The worst part was that the guy driving my cart thought it was a good idea to take 2 minutes lining up a 2 inch putt or 3 minutes to hit his tee shots.  To make up the time, he would come ripping up behind us when we were on our backswings or zip by us during the swing.  I got tired of telling him to stop so I started to walk.  We were over 3 holes behind and so naturally, the three of us starting rushing to make up for the turtle.  We all had bad back nines and turtle ends up winning our flights net score.   I wanted to either scream or beat him with a putter but did neither. But, never again in my group will he place his clubs.

Worst part? after every shot, he had to mark a form that said 'fairway hit', green hit, number of putts, etc.  

That is why I wish Roy Sabatini was in our group...he would have taken care of it.

G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6

#66 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,702 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9960
GolfWRX Likes : 326

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

Nova-Vegas...Great pictures.  Looked like they are having a great time.   Just a matter of a few years before they are beating the old man huh :)     Maybe a couple golf schloarships in the future!!

BTW, our weather turned out Ok that Hacker mentioned.  We were all pretty worried.   We had a two day event, well for those of us without wives and kids it was two days (for some married with kids) it was only one day :)

But we had forecast of rain of 70 and 80 percent for Sunday and Monday.   Good news is our outing was on the Eastern Shore at the Hyatt resort, and it was sunny both days.   Terp and I played on Sunday and had a great time and great round.   Then Hacker and another friend of mine joined us on Monday for the scramble.   We did "ok"   shot 62 and the winning score was 58, so we didn't really challenge but we enjoyed the day and course.

OptiForce 10.5* Diamana 62+ R
OptiForce 15* Diamana 62+ R
19 and 23 XHot Hybrid PXI 5.5
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
MD2 58-C 14 degree Hopkins 52 Custom
Versa No. 7

#67 ahoop24

ahoop24

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114004
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

First time posting since the thread was moved, but wanted to give an update on my driver fitting. Based on the recommendation I received here, I scheduled an appointment with Wade from Golf Care Center. As noted, it took about a month to get an appointment and I am finally scheduled for this weekend. Could not be more excited.
Titleist 913D3 Driver 9.5'
TM RBZ Tour 3 Wood 14.5'
Adams Idea Pro A12 20'
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro - 4-GW
Odyssey #2 Black Prototype
Callaway MD2 54 and 58

#68 Terphack

Terphack

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106797
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Man is the rough getting tough at UMD--- course is in real good condition.  Lots of prep work going on for The Melwood and TGC.  It seems there is a bit less hype around here this year compared to last.  Nationwide/PGA starts showing here on Thursday with the players showing up on Monday.

#69 Greenie

Greenie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82498
  • Handicap:13.7
GolfWRX Likes : 257

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. I just noticed this new thread so I thought I would stop in and say HI.........

Attached Thumbnails

• 40982_152934678055375_100000165324721_504311_6031265_n.jpg

#70 bmorejared

bmorejared

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128405
  • Ebay ID:jaredbmore1972
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to the forums and I noticed this thread, so local Maryland hacker checking in.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#71 Terphack

Terphack

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

First time this year I played at Timbers on Saturday.  Plesantly surprised at how good the conditions were.  The course was in very good condition except for 12 which always seem to kill me.  12 was actually in great condition as well but since I hate that hole I will bad mouth it every time I get a chance.

#72 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

Greenie:
  Nice picture!  When did you play Renditions ?

MDHacker

View PostGreenie, on 26 May 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. I just noticed this new thread so I thought I would stop in and say HI.........

#73 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

All:
  Just wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy memorial day.

MDHacker

#74 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

bmorejared:
  Welcome to the Maryland thread :D  

MDHacker

View Postbmorejared, on 26 May 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to the forums and I noticed this thread, so local Maryland hacker checking in.

#75 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

Terphack:
  Glad you liked it.  It's my home course and I'm usually there at least once a week give or take when the new family allows.  LOL about the 12th hole.  That's a love it or hate it hole (I love it when I hit a great drive and hate it when I don't ;-)  I seem to love it or hate it on the second shot too :D

MDHacker

View PostTerphack, on 29 May 2011 - 08:27 PM, said:

First time this year I played at Timbers on Saturday.  Plesantly surprised at how good the conditions were.  The course was in very good condition except for 12 which always seem to kill me.  12 was actually in great condition as well but since I hate that hole I will bad mouth it every time I get a chance.

#76 Terphack

Terphack

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

MDHacker-

I live right down the road from Timbers but I just don't play there very often anymore.  No real reason other than 12 :russian_roulette:

#77 ahoop24

ahoop24

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

I had my driver fitting with Wade at the Golf Care Center this past weekend. What a great experience. Thanks again to the recommendations made on this forum.  

Wade looked at my setup, had me hit about 5 or 6 balls, and realized that I already had the right driver, it just needed to be fit to me. He changed the grip, cut the driver to 44.5 inches and got the swing weight back up with some lead tape. I immediately took the driver to the range and the difference was noticeable.  My ball flight, previously  very high, came down and I was getting a ton of roll out!  What a difference.
TM RBZ Tour 3 Wood 14.5'
Adams Idea Pro A12 20'
Callaway MD2 54 and 58

#78 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

View Postahoop24, on 31 May 2011 - 12:12 PM, said:

I had my driver fitting with Wade at the Golf Care Center this past weekend. What a great experience. Thanks again to the recommendations made on this forum.  

Wade looked at my setup, had me hit about 5 or 6 balls, and realized that I already had the right driver, it just needed to be fit to me. He changed the grip, cut the driver to 44.5 inches and got the swing weight back up with some lead tape. I immediately took the driver to the range and the difference was noticeable.  My ball flight, previously  very high, came down and I was getting a ton of roll out!  What a difference.

what did he do with the grip? and where did he put the tape?
G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6

#79 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

Ahoop24:
  Glad that the changes worked for you.  Hard to find good guys that know what they are doing.  He changed the grip size ?   What driver did you have and was it stock length for the shaft ?

MDHacker

View Postahoop24, on 31 May 2011 - 12:12 PM, said:

#80 ahoop24

ahoop24

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:30 AM

@peanutandjelly - Based on my hand size, he replaced the stock Ping grip with a smaller grip.  The lead tape was placed on the heel of the club and was used to get the swing weight back to D-3 after cutting down the shaft.

@MDHacker - Correct, he changed the grip size from the standard grip to a smaller one to help get the grip a bit more into my fingers. The driver is a 9 degree G15 with the stock TFC stiff shaft that I believe plays 45.75".  Based on our conversation, Wade thinks the G15 is very good driver choice for a high handicapper like myself, but that it just needed to be fit for me.

TM RBZ Tour 3 Wood 14.5'
Adams Idea Pro A12 20'
Callaway MD2 54 and 58

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#81 Rich1234

Rich1234

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106805
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:27 AM

Played Northwest on Monday.  Turns out it was going to be a qualifying site (the next day) for the Nationwide event at U Md.  

The fairways and greens were in excellent shape - would have been nice if I had a hit a few of them  :russian_roulette:

About 1/3 of the bunkers had been filled with new white sand (mostly FW bunkers, but a few greenside also).  One of the guys in my group hit out of one of the "normal" Northwest bunkers and almost dislocated his shoulder in the crud.  Then he hit out of a "refurbished" bunker and was completely screwed - he swung like it was a "normal" bunker (poor guy, but it was funny).

The group in front of us included one guy hitting from the tips (7300+ yds - yikes!).  He was amazing and we decided he was a Nationwide guy playing a practice round.  The poor soul was grouped with three guys who seemed to barely know which end of the club to hold.  The marshall was after that group like flies on a rib roast - they were absurdly slow.  Not the guy hitting from the tips, the other 3.  We felt sorry for him.

#82 Terphack

Terphack

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

The heat yesterday and today is just brutal.  Spent most of the day working with The Melwood tournament folks and PGA guys yesterday, unfortunately most of it outside.  By the end of the day I was wiped out.  Today isn't much better but fortunately most of my work is complete.  Not sure how a lot of the players are playing 36 without falling over.  Many played 18 early and will participate in the Pro-Am this afternoon.  Must be nice to be young.  Of course most of them are not carrying the extra insulation that I do.  I did meet Priceless on the practice range today, fortunately there is a tent so he can get out of the sun.  It was nice to put a face to a name after being on the message boards a while.

#83 Greenie

Greenie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82498
  • Handicap:13.7
GolfWRX Likes : 257

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

View PostMDHacker, on 29 May 2011 - 08:43 PM, said:

Greenie:
  Nice picture!  When did you play Renditions ?

MDHacker

View PostGreenie, on 26 May 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

That was a picture from last year.
My group was going to play there a few Mondays ago but we had to put it on hold due to shift changes at work. Trying to get back there soon but alot of turmoil at work with 140 getting laid off. There is a Tee Time coupon you can buy that works out to be $35 a man but you need a foursome. Just can't get us four from work on the same page.  I will get back there soon. I loved it alot and would play it regular if it was closer for me.

#84 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

View Postahoop24, on 01 June 2011 - 06:30 AM, said:

@peanutandjelly - Based on my hand size, he replaced the stock Ping grip with a smaller grip.  The lead tape was placed on the heel of the club and was used to get the swing weight back to D-3 after cutting down the shaft.

@MDHacker - Correct, he changed the grip size from the standard grip to a smaller one to help get the grip a bit more into my fingers. The driver is a 9 degree G15 with the stock TFC stiff shaft that I believe plays 45.75".  Based on our conversation, Wade thinks the G15 is very good driver choice for a high handicapper like myself, but that it just needed to be fit for me.

good driver...I have the G10, had the G2 before and several of our guys went to the G15.  I like the Ping drivers because it doesn't weigh as much as some of the others, doesn't need a pit cvrew with wrienches to set it up and makes a nice sound unlike a few which sound like a rock hitting a trashcan.  I play with a guywho says "I just can't hit a Ping wood".  Several times I have let him hit mine and it is straight and long...Then a week later, he will say "I just can't hit a Ping driver".   oh well.
G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6

#85 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

View PostTerphack, on 01 June 2011 - 08:31 AM, said:

The heat yesterday and today is just brutal.  Spent most of the day working with The Melwood tournament folks and PGA guys yesterday, unfortunately most of it outside.  By the end of the day I was wiped out.  Today isn't much better but fortunately most of my work is complete.  Not sure how a lot of the players are playing 36 without falling over.  Many played 18 early and will participate in the Pro-Am this afternoon.  Must be nice to be young.  Of course most of them are not carrying the extra insulation that I do.  I did meet Priceless on the practice range today, fortunately there is a tent so he can get out of the sun.  It was nice to put a face to a name after being on the message boards a while.

I did meet Priceless on the practice range today......the local papers have him as a favorite to win the whole thing..

G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6

#86 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

View PostTerphack, on 01 June 2011 - 08:31 AM, said:

I got 'volunteered' to work a college tournament on a nationwide golf course site.  Not sure what I am going to do but the guy that picked me said he knew I knew the rules whatever than means.  It is in two weeks so we will soon find out.  but I do get a free golf shirt and shorts (like I need another golf shirt in my closet).
G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6

#87 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:45 AM

ahoop24:
  Small fingers ?  LOL, there's a joke in there somewhere :cheesy: the ping guy didn't fit you with a smaller grip size to begin with ?  Just wondering.  I also own the G15 with the TFC149 Stiff shaft and I believe the rep put the length down to 45" for better control with the aqua colored grip.  I love the club as it definitely is a bit longer than the FT-5T it replaced but my eye is always wandering...:D

MDHacker

#88 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

Rich1234:
  So the rough was up and the greens fast ?  It's been a long time since I've played NW.  I really need to get out there again...

MDHacker

View PostRich1234, on 01 June 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

Played Northwest on Monday.  Turns out it was going to be a qualifying site (the next day) for the Nationwide event at U Md.  

The fairways and greens were in excellent shape - would have been nice if I had a hit a few of them  :russian_roulette:

About 1/3 of the bunkers had been filled with new white sand (mostly FW bunkers, but a few greenside also).  One of the guys in my group hit out of one of the "normal" Northwest bunkers and almost dislocated his shoulder in the crud.  Then he hit out of a "refurbished" bunker and was completely screwed - he swung like it was a "normal" bunker (poor guy, but it was funny).

The group in front of us included one guy hitting from the tips (7300+ yds - yikes!).  He was amazing and we decided he was a Nationwide guy playing a practice round.  The poor soul was grouped with three guys who seemed to barely know which end of the club to hold.  The marshall was after that group like flies on a rib roast - they were absurdly slow.  Not the guy hitting from the tips, the other 3.  We felt sorry for him.

#89 ProBowler

ProBowler

UConn ...... Bleed Blue !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16496
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

Click

#90 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

Terphack:
  It was brutal yesterday.  I participated in a golf tourney at the Links at Gettysburg yesterday - Florida scramble.  I also had the brilliant idea to play a practice round BEFORE the tourney.  By the time the tourney rolled around I was baked, LOL.  What I didn't count on though, was that there were only two of us in our group, so we each hit two shots off the tee and the approach shots...so it was like playing 3 rounds of golf yesterday.  It rained for about 2 minutes just enough to bring the heat index to around 105, LOL...by hole 17, I could barely hold the club let alone swing it but it was for a charity and I was golfing instead of working so I pushed through the pain ;-) LOL
  Glad that you met priceless.
MDHacker

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Also tagged with DC, Maryland, Virginia, DCMetro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors