Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 12 votes

Maryland Golfers/Virginia and DC Golfers

DC Maryland Virginia DCMetro

22265 replies to this topic

#31 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2381
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

Terphack:
  I've been in the shadows reading the posts as well.  As Carolina Golfer 2 eluded, I'm up to my 45.5" G15 driver in wet and "other" diapers so my time has been limited.  Although, while at the Verizon store the other day, I got some funny looks as I used the baby carrier (yes with baby inside) as a swing tool to groove my take-away :D  No worries on the baby, he was buckled in  :rolleyes:   We do need to get a group outing together though!

MDHacker

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

View Postpeanutandjelly, on 24 April 2011 - 01:00 PM, said:

View PostTerphack, on 22 April 2011 - 03:08 PM, said:

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 22 April 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

View PostTerphack, on 21 April 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

CG2-  I don't post much but I do lurk regularly.  Hopefully you can squeeze some Daddy time in, I feel your pain as it wasn't that many years ago that I was in your shoes.  If you limit your UNC gear to a hat or a shirt you will probably make it through all 18, no promises.

Terp!!  LOL!!  Ok, I'll keep it to a minumum.  Actually other than a couple polos I don't have a whole lot of Carolina garb.  My last trip down last May I didn't have time to make it over to Franklin Street where most of the good shops are.

As for the Daddy time, you must be thinking of MDHacker who just had his second kid and is busy changing diapers on him and running around after his 3 year old.    Me I don't have any kids (at least that I've been told about :) )   It's been mostly a busy work schedule that will keep me busy through August most likely.

Sorry about the mix up CG2, I guess if I would get out and play with you guys it might help me keep everyone straight.  :yes:

happy easter everybody....in honor of easter, I used a yellow golf ball and then hunted for it in  the rough...

ROTFLMAO...at least you got out to golf :D

MDHacker

#33 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

peanutandjelly:
  I saw that article.  I believe it said that the course was acquire some private equity firm from VA.  Business as usually from the article but with improvements in landscaping, kitchen equipment (?) and maybe new golf carts.

MDHacker

#34 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,702 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9960
GolfWRX Likes : 327

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

View PostTerphack, on 22 April 2011 - 03:08 PM, said:

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 22 April 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

View PostTerphack, on 21 April 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

CG2-  I don't post much but I do lurk regularly.  Hopefully you can squeeze some Daddy time in, I feel your pain as it wasn't that many years ago that I was in your shoes.  If you limit your UNC gear to a hat or a shirt you will probably make it through all 18, no promises.

Terp!!  LOL!!  Ok, I'll keep it to a minumum.  Actually other than a couple polos I don't have a whole lot of Carolina garb.  My last trip down last May I didn't have time to make it over to Franklin Street where most of the good shops are.

As for the Daddy time, you must be thinking of MDHacker who just had his second kid and is busy changing diapers on him and running around after his 3 year old.    Me I don't have any kids (at least that I've been told about :) )   It's been mostly a busy work schedule that will keep me busy through August most likely.

Sorry about the mix up CG2, I guess if I would get out and play with you guys it might help me keep everyone straight.  :yes:
No worries.  You had me worried for a moment though. I thought maybe there was a woman out that had some news she hadn't shared with me :)

But it would be great to get out with you sometime.
OptiForce 10.5* Diamana 62+ R
OptiForce 15* Diamana 62+ R
19 and 23 XHot Hybrid PXI 5.5
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
MD2 58-C 14 degree Hopkins 52 Custom
Versa No. 7

#35 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:46 AM

View Postpeanutandjelly, on 26 April 2011 - 01:02 PM, said:

View Postpriceless, on 21 April 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

Terphack:

I will play the Maryland course at least twice this year.  I am scheduled to work the practice area during the Nationwide event.  As a result, a free round is available.  A golf association with which I belong has an event scheduled at Maryland.  

Carolina:

Public play has been at Hunters for quite a while. It's just that before, they were called preview rounds.  While I will need to check, if anyone wants to play Hunters contact me.  Unless, it's changed (which is highly possible) the member guest fee was less than the public fee. I do know that membership costs have changed.  My dues have been significantly reduced, but a modest restaurant minimum was introduced.  Accordingly, if we play together, the food and beer is on me to meet the minimum.

I picked up a golf couse industry magazine and they were listing the courses that had closed or were losing money or being picked up at a huge loss for the owners.  Musket Ridge was one of them.  Is it still open?
yep it's still open.  it was bought  recently by a new company.  However, it better stay open for at least another 6 weeks as we are having an outing there!!

5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#36 doublenuts

doublenuts

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4154
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:51 PM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 29 April 2011 - 09:46 AM, said:

yep it's still open.  it was bought  recently by a new company.  However, it better stay open for at least another 6 weeks as we are having an outing there!!

????

#37 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127164
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 29 April 2011 - 09:46 AM, said:

View Postpeanutandjelly, on 26 April 2011 - 01:02 PM, said:

View Postpriceless, on 21 April 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

Terphack:

I will play the Maryland course at least twice this year.  I am scheduled to work the practice area during the Nationwide event.  As a result, a free round is available.  A golf association with which I belong has an event scheduled at Maryland.  

Carolina:

Public play has been at Hunters for quite a while. It's just that before, they were called preview rounds.  While I will need to check, if anyone wants to play Hunters contact me.  Unless, it's changed (which is highly possible) the member guest fee was less than the public fee. I do know that membership costs have changed.  My dues have been significantly reduced, but a modest restaurant minimum was introduced.  Accordingly, if we play together, the food and beer is on me to meet the minimum.

I picked up a golf couse industry magazine and they were listing the courses that had closed or were losing money or being picked up at a huge loss for the owners.  Musket Ridge was one of them.  Is it still open?

a question for everybody....I have several sets of irons. For example, I have the clubs that Phil used to play, the yonex adx.  They had stiff boron grpahite shafts.  Are they worth anything or should I just give them to a local high school..which brings up the question...would today's kids want to play with a set that has a 3 iron, smaller heads.?  I also have a set of Hogan radials, steel shafts, 3-gw....Would it even be worth the shipping to give them to somebody?  Seems like a waste to just leave them out in the garage.
G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6
Every kind of wedge there is

#38 AFSFK

AFSFK

Sweet Puttin'

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126726
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:57 PM

hmm. im somewhat close to md. where do you guys play at?

#39 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:57 AM

View PostAFSFK, on 01 May 2011 - 06:57 PM, said:

hmm. im somewhat close to md. where do you guys play at?
Welcome AF...
We play all over really.   A lot of times it's just an impromtu round during the week close to work for many of us.  Which would be Waverly Woods or Timbers at Troy.  Other times we may plan a weekend outing a couple weeks in advance and end up with 2 or 3 groups.

In those cases we try to make it somewhat accessable to NOVA guys as well.   So we do Musket Ridge a lot or one of the other Frederick area courses.   We have done NOVA courses as well.   Laurel Hills, Raspberry Falls and Old Hickory.  

Usually someone will throw out a day and course and see who's interested.  Feel free to chime in and suggest any dates in times in this thread.   That's what it's all about.

What are some of your favorite places?
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#40 AFSFK

AFSFK

Sweet Puttin'

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 02 May 2011 - 07:57 AM, said:

Welcome AF...
We play all over really.   A lot of times it's just an impromtu round during the week close to work for many of us.  Which would be Waverly Woods or Timbers at Troy.  Other times we may plan a weekend outing a couple weeks in advance and end up with 2 or 3 groups.

In those cases we try to make it somewhat accessable to NOVA guys as well.   So we do Musket Ridge a lot or one of the other Frederick area courses.   We have done NOVA courses as well.   Laurel Hills, Raspberry Falls and Old Hickory.  

Usually someone will throw out a day and course and see who's interested.  Feel free to chime in and suggest any dates in times in this thread.   That's what it's all about.

Well since I'm a poor college student I only splurge about once a month otherwise it's at Quantico for $8. But Forest Greens, Old Hickory, The Gauntlet, and Pohick Bay. I'm trying to get out to Bull Run, Cannon Ridge, Virginia Oaks and Raspberry Falls this summer.

Edited by AFSFK, 02 May 2011 - 10:37 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#41 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

View PostAFSFK, on 02 May 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Welcome AF...

Well since I'm a poor college student I only splurge about once a month otherwise it's at Quantico for $8. But Forest Greens, Old Hickory, The Gauntlet, and Pohick Bay. I'm trying to get out to Bull Run, Cannon Ridge, Virginia Oaks and Raspberry Falls this summer.

HA!!  No worries, I'm a struggling working guy.  I actually was going to be down in the F'Burg area later this month and was thinking about getting a round in at Cannon Ridge.   it might be a mid to late afternoon weekday thing, I don't know the details yet, but keep an eye out I'll post here as time gets closer (toward the end of the month).
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#42 Boogaloo_Jones

Boogaloo_Jones

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

• 4,836 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83989
  • Handicap:17.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1043

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:36 AM

Just dropping in, I didnt post much at the other one, but I noticed that it wasnt around anymore and then I saw CG2's opening statement.  Just seeing how everyone's been doing and if you guys have gotten any rounds in despite the weather man/woman telling us that its gonna be 70 degrees partly sunny only to rain the entire day (like this past sunday).  

I've gotten some rounds in and Lil bennett is playing real nice, greens are firm and FAST...even in the rain it felt like they were rolling to a 9 or 9.5!

#43 AFSFK

AFSFK

Sweet Puttin'

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

HA!!  No worries, I'm a struggling working guy.  I actually was going to be down in the F'Burg area later this month and was thinking about getting a round in at Cannon Ridge.   it might be a mid to late afternoon weekday thing, I don't know the details yet, but keep an eye out I'll post here as time gets closer (toward the end of the month).

I'll be on the lookout. I'm a mid/low 90's guy just to let you know.

#44 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

View PostAFSFK, on 03 May 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

I'll be on the lookout. I'm a mid/low 90's guy just to let you know.
OK....Good to know so you'll be giving me strokes :)
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#45 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

View Postionakana511, on 03 May 2011 - 09:36 AM, said:

Just dropping in, I didnt post much at the other one, but I noticed that it wasnt around anymore and then I saw CG2's opening statement.  Just seeing how everyone's been doing and if you guys have gotten any rounds in despite the weather man/woman telling us that its gonna be 70 degrees partly sunny only to rain the entire day (like this past sunday).  

I've gotten some rounds in and Lil bennett is playing real nice, greens are firm and FAST...even in the rain it felt like they were rolling to a 9 or 9.5!
Iona...good to see you post.   I know what you mean about Sunday.  I was originally upset I had to work so I was going to miss out on a supposedly nice day to play.  It was cloudy and cool when I came into work and cloudy and cool when I went home, so I didn't feel too bad!!

We should try and hook up at Timbers or somewhere

5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#46 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

pinging away

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127164
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 03 May 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

Iona...good to see you post.   I know what you mean about Sunday.  I was originally upset I had to work so I was going to miss out on a supposedly nice day to play.  It was cloudy and cool when I came into work and cloudy and cool when I went home, so I didn't feel too bad!!

It was cloudy and cool when I came into work and cloudy and cool when I went home, so I didn't feel too bad!!
...what? they didn't tell you ? from 10 am to 4 pm it was 85 and sunny!!!
G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6
Every kind of wedge there is

#47 AFSFK

AFSFK

Sweet Puttin'

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 03 May 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

For some reason at 12:32pm golfnow has cannon ridge for 30 a player M-F. Just some info for the future.

#48 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:38 PM

peanutandjelly;
  I don't believe the local high schools would appreciate those clubs, but the local first tee program or even better, the give2troops or similar organization most likely would.

MDHacker

#49 MDHacker

MDHacker

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

AFSK:

"...mid/low 90's guy just to let you know."

I prefer to play when the temps are in the low 80's myself  :crazy:

MDHacker

#50 AFSFK

AFSFK

Sweet Puttin'

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

View PostMDHacker, on 03 May 2011 - 08:42 PM, said:

AFSK:

"...mid/low 90's guy just to let you know."

I prefer to play when the temps are in the low 80's myself  :crazy:

MDHacker

Really? I like 75 with a soft breeze

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#51 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

View PostAFSFK, on 03 May 2011 - 03:31 PM, said:

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 03 May 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

For some reason at 12:32pm golfnow has cannon ridge for 30 a player M-F. Just some info for the future.

definitely good to know.  Thanks.
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#52 Golfinnova

Golfinnova

Paiute Wolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16582
  • Ebay ID:MdTerps1989
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing great :wave:

Quick question for you all, have you guys been able to get out to play?  I know you guys had that rough winter now it seems like you guys have been hit with rain constantly.  Listening to Steve Czaban this morning and he said he hasn't played a round back in DC since he came back from Vegas for March Madness.

If I was back there and still volunteering at Brambleton, it sounds like I would have an extended break.

Anyway, hope you guys get some nice weather.

#53 AFSFK

AFSFK

Sweet Puttin'

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

It finally stopped raining. We've had about 2 weeks of nice weather now

#54 titleistman66

titleistman66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122846
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:44 PM

Let me know if you guys ever come out to Falls Road in Potomac. Shoot me a PM we can either tee it up or I'll make you some food, I work in the grill & bar there!

#55 AFSFK

AFSFK

Sweet Puttin'

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:36 AM

View Posttitleistman66, on 04 May 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

Let me know if you guys ever come out to Falls Road in Potomac. Shoot me a PM we can either tee it up or I'll make you some food, I work in the grill & bar there!

only a 50 minute drive. id be up for it sometime. whats the walking rate?

#56 Boogaloo_Jones

Boogaloo_Jones

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

• 4,836 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83989
  • Handicap:17.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1043

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 03 May 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

Hey CG2....yeah...Sunday was just a bad day...so you didnt miss out too much.  Definitely trying to get a round in at Timbers again...let me know if you're going to have any openings soon and I'll see if I "get sick" at work all of a sudden lol.

#57 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

View PostGolfinnova, on 04 May 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing great :wave:

Quick question for you all, have you guys been able to get out to play?  I know you guys had that rough winter now it seems like you guys have been hit with rain constantly.  Listening to Steve Czaban this morning and he said he hasn't played a round back in DC since he came back from Vegas for March Madness.

If I was back there and still volunteering at Brambleton, it sounds like I would have an extended break.

Anyway, hope you guys get some nice weather.

Hey Nova...Good to hear from you.  You pretty much hit it on the head about the weather.  I've gotten 3 18 hole rounds in this year.   The last one was about two weeks ago on a Monday afternoon at Worthington Manor they had an all you can play after 2:00 special.   Got out with Terp.

I know Czabe pretty well, and you're right he hasn't been out much at all this year with his new schedule and the weather not cooperating.   He has a trip to Pinehurst coming up that he asked me to go on , but I just couldn't becaue of my schedule this month.

But it looks like we're catching a break this week with the weather mid 70's and sunny all week.
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#58 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Hey Guys I was out of the area for several days over the past week.  The news on Gary Williams broke when I was gone, and initial reports were that they were going to hire Sean Miller out of AZ.  But it sounds like he just used the opening to get a new contract.

So where would you Terp fans like to see them go with this move?   Any exciting names out there?
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#59 nickrut

nickrut

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106276
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 09 May 2011 - 12:16 PM, said:

Hey Guys I was out of the area for several days over the past week.  The news on Gary Williams broke when I was gone, and initial reports were that they were going to hire Sean Miller out of AZ.  But it sounds like he just used the opening to get a new contract.

So where would you Terp fans like to see them go with this move?   Any exciting names out there?

Clearly Phil Jacksn is the only logical choice...

#60 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

View Postnickrut, on 09 May 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 09 May 2011 - 12:16 PM, said:

Clearly Phil Jacksn is the only logical choice...
LOL!!  You know I thought that earlier today....If he really wanted to see what coaching without a lack of stars was like, this would be the job for him!!   If he got this team to the NCAA, he could be called the greatest coach of all time.

5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Also tagged with DC, Maryland, Virginia, DCMetro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

TurtleJeJus

GolfWRX Sponsors