Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

2011 Nicklaus Golf Dualpoint ML4 Driver

97 replies to this topic

#61 getinthehole

getinthehole

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43632
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

The G15 seems to be competing very well without adjustability, sometimes simple is fine. I still have the 07 dule point fairway woods in the bag and they are as good as anything I try.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 mozgolf

mozgolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29434
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

View PostJerryMB1, on 10 April 2011 - 09:53 AM, said:

View Postmozgolf, on 10 April 2011 - 08:57 AM, said:

View PostJerryMB1, on 10 April 2011 - 03:01 AM, said:

I just bought a Nicklaus driver, it says Jack Nicklaus Tour on the sole, a 9*, Has two adjustable screws, on the face is 6-4ti, The shaft says Jack Nicklaus Tour Hi 65 launch stiff, any info on this driver?  any reviews, is this one of the drivers models that you guys are talking about?

I think it sounds like a mid range offering, The Premium stuff just says Nicklaus, the bottom-end stuff is Golden Bear- Jack Nicklaus mid point. I dont recall any top end stuff with weights and hi launch fits with the mid range market segment
Well there is no golden bear anywhere on the club just Nicklaus, still has the rapper on the head

Roger that, Nicklaus golf has three ranges (they say one brand 3 collections)

Nicklaus- Premium
Jack Nicklaus- Intermediate
Golden Bear- Beginner

You can see the current ranges on their website, that looks like its back up. There is no adjustment screws anymore, but there was in the intermediate range over previous seasons

#63 mozgolf

mozgolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:38 AM

I just bought a Nicklaus driver, it says Jack Nicklaus Tour on the sole, a 9*, Has two adjustable screws, on the face is 6-4ti, The shaft says Jack Nicklaus Tour Hi 65 launch stiff, any info on this driver?  any reviews, is this one of the drivers models that you guys are talking about?

I think it sounds like a mid range offering, The Premium stuff just says Nicklaus, the bottom-end stuff is Golden Bear- Jack Nicklaus mid point. I dont recall any top end stuff with weights and hi launch fits with the mid range market segment
Well there is no golden bear anywhere on the club just Nicklaus, still has the rapper on the head

Roger that, Nicklaus golf has three ranges (they say one brand 3 collections)

Nicklaus- Premium
Jack Nicklaus- Intermediate
Golden Bear- Beginner

You can see the current ranges on their website, that looks like its back up. There is no adjustment screws anymore, but there was in the intermediate range over previous seasons

#64 stingingbee

stingingbee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22662
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

View Postalexthegrrr8, on 09 April 2011 - 10:51 PM, said:

View Poststingingbee, on 08 April 2011 - 08:43 PM, said:

Well pretty nice comments here about the ML4 driver. I haven't seen one of our new products hit on TV in along time until Jack teed off yesterday morning with it. I must say it was exciting and felt like old times (real old times HA!)
I actually got a bunch of calls and e-mails about it yesterday. I didn't see the TV so I was thinking "what is up with this". A very nice surprise.
This driver has turned out to be very good. They are all good but every once in a while one just turns out better than good. Even the big companies suffer this with all their resources, some heads are better than others. Its like the difference between talented and gifted. Anyway, Nicklaus Golf doesn't have much distribution so seeing one might be a challenge but if you do by all means hit one on the launch monitor and see what you get.

You know the great thing about being an "old club designer" is that you can use a "new computer" to do the club design these days! Thanks for the kind words.

Clay Long

Clay:

I don't know if you had anything to do with the NPS-2 irons or the Spin Slot 10-G wedges but if so...

Job well done!!!!

Alex

Thanks Alex, nice to get to chat a bit. Yes, the NPS-2 and the Spin Slot are my work. We are on our third generation of heel relieved wedge designs since the original Slot Wedge. The latest 10-G versions have a smokey chrome finish and new 2010 grooves. NPS-2 is a new groove version of the original NPS with a few minor tweaks.

Clay

#65 gxDD

gxDD

Major Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 273471
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

View PostRJD, on 10 April 2011 - 11:57 AM, said:

View PostJTYP726, on 09 April 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

It's gotta be sexy for me to even want to put my hands on it.....kind'a like women.  Just because a 300 lb female is great in bed doesn't mean I'm going to knock out my 115 lb fox.  Performance is important...but not everything.  A design like this will never appeal to the masses.

Just my $0.02....which typically means nothing.

Why would your analogy be a 300 lb female rather than a 115 lb one?  This club isn't 3 times bigger than others.  Rather, it's a less gimicky, cleaner design.  It seems to me the better analogy would be that you like a woman who needs a lot of makeup to look good.  As for me, I'll take the one who looks good the next morning without any makeup on.  ;)

The analogy was more geared toward the comparison of: a 300 lb woman who's a sex machine.....vs......a 115 lb woman who's not exactly Jenna Jameson......and how I'm not going to leave one for the other, based solely on performance.....It's gotta look good...and feel good to make me want to "hit" it....no pun intended:--)

Edited by JTYP726, 11 April 2011 - 10:33 AM.

913D3 - Diamana D+ 72x
                910Fd - Motore Sp. VC 8.2x
                712CB - KBS Tour S+
                SM4 - KBS Tour S
                2014 Fastback
                ProV1x

#66 mx6262

mx6262

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93496
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

A good friend of mine on a local minitour stated that theses drivers are getting some play out there and they are VERY LONG and EASY to hit....

Thats a good combo when you are playing for money with no sponcer....

#67 alexthegrrr8

alexthegrrr8

Aim high....score low!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4338
  • Ebay ID:cobragolffan
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

View Poststingingbee, on 11 April 2011 - 10:16 AM, said:

View Postalexthegrrr8, on 09 April 2011 - 10:51 PM, said:

View Poststingingbee, on 08 April 2011 - 08:43 PM, said:

Well pretty nice comments here about the ML4 driver. I haven't seen one of our new products hit on TV in along time until Jack teed off yesterday morning with it. I must say it was exciting and felt like old times (real old times HA!)
I actually got a bunch of calls and e-mails about it yesterday. I didn't see the TV so I was thinking "what is up with this". A very nice surprise.
This driver has turned out to be very good. They are all good but every once in a while one just turns out better than good. Even the big companies suffer this with all their resources, some heads are better than others. Its like the difference between talented and gifted. Anyway, Nicklaus Golf doesn't have much distribution so seeing one might be a challenge but if you do by all means hit one on the launch monitor and see what you get.

You know the great thing about being an "old club designer" is that you can use a "new computer" to do the club design these days! Thanks for the kind words.

Clay Long

Clay:

I don't know if you had anything to do with the NPS-2 irons or the Spin Slot 10-G wedges but if so...

Job well done!!!!

Alex

Thanks Alex, nice to get to chat a bit. Yes, the NPS-2 and the Spin Slot are my work. We are on our third generation of heel relieved wedge designs since the original Slot Wedge. The latest 10-G versions have a smokey chrome finish and new 2010 grooves. NPS-2 is a new groove version of the original NPS with a few minor tweaks.

Clay

Clay:

It's a pleasure and honour to talk to the man behind the NPS-2 irons and Spin Slot 10-G wedges. I recently hit both the NPS-2 and the Spin Slot 10-G and to say that I love them is a huge understatement. I know this isn't the thread to talk about it but they are absolutely sweet.

Were you a part of the design team for the ML4 as well?

Alex

#68 robert.villante

robert.villante

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22650
  • Ebay ID:Bigdogbossman

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:57 PM

Would love to hit one of these, hope to see one around soon

#69 mozgolf

mozgolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:44 AM

Funny how fickle golf marketing can be. Someone puts out a colorful driver with lots of gadgets/ a strange shape and the majority complain about it being Wal-Mart. Someone puts out something old school looking that by all accounts is a cannon and the majority complain it is too boring!!!

#70 alexthegrrr8

alexthegrrr8

Aim high....score low!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:58 AM

View Postmozgolf, on 12 April 2011 - 04:44 AM, said:

Funny how fickle golf marketing can be. Someone puts out a colorful driver with lots of gadgets/ a strange shape and the majority complain about it being Wal-Mart. Someone puts out something old school looking that by all accounts is a cannon and the majority complain it is too boring!!!

Here! Here!

It just goes to show that it's true. It's been said that you can't please everyone...
this driver is a case in point. To be honest, I'm trying to think of the last time I felt a ball jump off of the face like this.

Alex

+1

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#71 tpando561

tpando561

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117559

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

View Postrobert.villante, on 11 April 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

Would love to hit one of these, hope to see one around soon

Robert!
Hello sir!
Thank you for your interestin the new ML4 driver!
I am with Nicklaus GOlf and would be happy to assist you in finding an ML4 to demo.
We have a rep in GA and I can get him in touch with you for a personal demo if you would like.
Thanks!
Tony Pando
VP Sales- Nicklaus Golf
Direct: 561-373-9969

#72 tpando561

tpando561

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

View Postdduval08, on 04 April 2011 - 12:31 PM, said:

I have played some NIckalus equipment in the past and it was always top notch. And yes the name always seems to be overshadowed. I would love to know how you get in contact with someone like Rick Gomes, as I am an apsiring tour player

dduval08-
THANK YOU for the nice post!
Have spoken with Rick Gomes and he would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
I am with Nicklaus Golf Equipment and here is his contact info:
Office: 800-322-1872
email: rgomes@nicklausgolf.com

thanks!
Tony Pando
Nicklaus Golf

#73 tpando561

tpando561

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

View PostMetalhead, on 04 April 2011 - 05:47 PM, said:

Wow.. That is sleek! No-nonsense looking love it!!
Sak- excellent review.. Makes me want to locate one and try it out!

Metalhead-
Hello from Nicklaus Golf!
Thank you for the nice post.

We would be happy to help you find an ML4 to demo.
What city/ state do you reside?

Thanks!
Tony Pando
Nicklaus Golf

#74 tpando561

tpando561

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

Thank you for the inquiry.
Yes, this is post is correct about the JN Tour driver.
This is a mid-range product under our Jack Nicklaus category.
The head is a 6-4 Ti and is great for the casual golfer.
The shaft is a nice mid range/mid-kick shaft that is a bit heavier than current offerings.
Thanks!
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us directly.
800-322-1872
email: tpando@nicklausgolf.com

#75 bldolat

bldolat

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116598
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

The 9* ML4 launches low and had to go 10.5* and hitting 5 yards passed my Ping G15 9*.

#76 Gallery_dduval08_*

Gallery_dduval08_*
  • Guests
  •  
  • Member #: 0
GolfWRX Likes :

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:58 PM

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to chime in and say that my driver won't be here for a couple weeks. But it is definitely not because of Nicklaus golf, I am a pretty demanding player for specs and Nicklaus golf along with Tony have only been only top notch. I am now extremely excited to finally soon be playing another Nicklaus driver after having the Airmax 430-s for so many years. In my area of this industry I deal with many of the top OEM's and none compare to the service and care that Nicklaus golf has put into it for me.

J.J.

Edited by dduval08, 14 April 2011 - 10:26 PM.

#77 vinny809

vinny809

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109748
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

Looks very clean.  Whats the price point on these drivers?

#78 aplomb

aplomb

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2600
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

I've hit this thing along with every other driver on the planet(my friend manages an Edwin Watts). Seriously, this thing is as good or better than anything else available. I could bag it in a heartbeat. The Mizuno JPX is another sleeper even with the stock shaft.

#79 tpando561

tpando561

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:24 AM

Hello Vinny!

My name is Tony Pando and I represent Nicklaus Golf.
The price point on the 2011 ML4 driver with Fujikura 55-G shaft is $229.99.

Jack owns Nicklaus Golf personally and his goal is to offer golfers a great product, at a great price.
We are a USA company and we value our customers very much and don't aspire to be the biggest, just the best for who we are.
If you have any Nicklaus Golf questions, or needs, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Thanks!
Tony Pando
VP Sales
Office: 800-322-1872

View Postvinny809, on 01 May 2011 - 04:40 PM, said:

Looks very clean.  Whats the price point on these drivers?

#80 e-dog9

e-dog9

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26226

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

Can someone comment about the stock shaft in the ML4 driver?  I see on the Nicklaus website its described as being  Fujikura 3.01, does that refer to the torque?  Are there other specs you can provide us?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#81 Gallery_dduval08_*

Gallery_dduval08_*
  • Guests
  •  
  • Member #: 0
GolfWRX Likes :

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:51 AM

e-dog9, I just got my ML4 with the Fujikura 3.01 in x-stiff tipped another inch. First I have to say this driver is a beast. I asked for a driver that was one degree open and they dialed me in perfectly. The shaft is pretty good, it feels very nice and is a solid shaft. When you order you can ask them to tip them any way you like it. That being said I am still going to throw my Aldila RIP Alpha X-stff in it and I swear this thing is going to be a bomber an knock out my 9064ls with a Axivcore Tour Green.

#82 tpando561

tpando561

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

e-dog9,

THANK YOU for the inquiry.
The Fujikura Version 3.01 shaft is a shaft we offered in the Fastback Drivers two years ago.
Last year we ugraged to the 4.01 for the ML3 drivers.
These shafts were both 67g low/mid kick

The newest shaft offering update is combined with the new ML4 driver.
Our shaft today is the Fujikura 55g mid kick stock shaft.
Also, we have the TS (Tip Stiff) version which is a high kick low torque shaft.

We hope this helps!
If you have any further questions, please contact our offices at 800-322-1872 or Post a reply.
thanks!
Tony Pando
Nicklaus Golf

View Poste-dog9, on 10 May 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

Can someone comment about the stock shaft in the ML4 driver?  I see on the Nicklaus website its described as being  Fujikura 3.01, does that refer to the torque?  Are there other specs you can provide us?

#83 alexthegrrr8

alexthegrrr8

Aim high....score low!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:48 PM

Tony:

What are the torque ratings of the various Fujikura shafts listed as stock with the ML4?

Fujikura 4.01
Fujikura 3.01
Fujikura 3.01TS

I tried to scour the internet for this info and came up empty.

Thanks.

Alex

Edited by alexthegrrr8, 17 May 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#84 Oscar

Oscar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33858

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:57 AM

Just chiming in.. it's great that Nicklaus continue to make great drivers. I have an old Airmax 440 with some nondescript shaft and it is an excellent driver- classic looks, extremely long, beautiful sound... an absolute pleasure to hit. I often choose it for a round over some much newer and pricier sticks.

I live in Asia so getting a new Nicklaus may not be easy but after reading this thread I'm going to re-shaft my Airmax and let it fly :)

#85 3fiddyz

3fiddyz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128544
  • Ebay ID:THETANGOMAN
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

Partx'd my 2010 DualPoint Draw for a Taylormade Burner and TBH I wish I had kept the DualPoint (not that I dont love my Burner...!) Miss the sound it made when you nailed it... Great driver for the price too

#86 soflahack

soflahack

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6127
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

I finally have had some time to test out the ML4 and have been quite pleased.  My gamer has been a 9015d for the past several years.  I paired the 10.5 ML4 head with an Accra Dymatch S3 75 s.  The head was a lttle lighter and combined with a 44.5" shaft a few strips of lead tape added to make the sw D4-5.  It took a few swings on the range to adjust to the squarer face of the ML4 compared to the open faced Adams.  Once comfortable, the first thing I noticed is the feel, no wierd sound and ball comes off like a rocket.  The 9015d is no slouch in this category but the ML4 feels and sounds even better.  Results on the course for me had me hitting some great drives for me.  A couple around 275.  I usually am around 250-260 range.   Control was not an issue as even bad swings were holding in the fairway.  The Accra shaft is great as well, good feel with a very stable profile.  A complement to the driver is that I have had the 9015d in the bag the past two rounds as a backup waiting for the ML4 not to perform and I can't stop hitting good drives with the ML4.  The Adams has been retired to the closet.  I am very happy and may look at the fw wood of theirs next.

Attached Thumbnails

• GetAttachment57.jpg
  • GetAttachment56.jpg
  • GetAttachment55.jpg

#87 Shankopottamus

Shankopottamus

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85980
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

View PostJTYP726, on 09 April 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

View PostDoublebuck, on 09 April 2011 - 02:57 PM, said:

View PostJTYP726, on 09 April 2011 - 10:17 AM, said:

The stuff just looks soooo generic......from the paint colors, to the sole design...that driver looks like it's straight out of the 90's.

Performance over paint perhaps.

It's gotta be sexy for me to even want to put my hands on it.....kind'a like women.  Just because a 300 lb female is great in bed doesn't mean I'm going to knock out my 115 lb fox.  Performance is important...but not everything.  A design like this will never appeal to the masses.

Just my $0.02....which typically means nothing.
Your last sentence pretty much says it all...Ridiculous...:busted2:

#88 GolfingBear

GolfingBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109187
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

My very first set of "real" irons were Nicklaus N1's.   The design made so much sense to me I just couldn't not buy them.   Nicklaus golf truly showed some real innovation with the moving bar.  I loved the heads so much I even had them put onto new shafts  years later.   I still have the heads in my basement and can't bring myself to throw them away.  I was always hoping that they'd come out with a 2nd generation but unless I missed it, they never did.  

I had an "AirBear" driver and 3W and their quality was second to none!  It's no surprise to me that they make high quality stuff and a fraction of the cost of the ad monsters.  It's funny when I see other companies talking about air flow over the head because Nicklaus was doing that 10+ years ago.

I wish there was a local dealer in Syracuse so I could try one of these drivers!   I'd probably buy it after 3 balls!

Edited by GolfingBear, 12 June 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#89 tpando561

tpando561

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

Hello GolfingBear!
My name is Tony Pando and I am with Nicklaus Golf.
Thank you for your kind words.
There is a Nicklaus dealer in Clifton Park, NY.
Northway 8 Golf Shop
Tel:  518-371-3141
Manager: Scott Hoffman

If you have any further questions or needs, please feel free to contact me directly at Nicklaus Golf.
thanks!

Tony Pando
VP Sales
800-322-1872

View PostGolfingBear, on 09 June 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

My very first set of "real" irons were Nicklaus N1's.   The design made so much sense to me I just couldn't not buy them.   Nicklaus golf truly showed some real innovation with the moving bar.  I loved the heads so much I even had them put onto new shafts  years later.   I still have the heads in my basement and can't bring myself to throw them away.  I was always hoping that they'd come out with a 2nd generation but unless I missed it, they never did.  

I had an "AirBear" driver and 3W and their quality was second to none!  It's no surprise to me that they make high quality stuff and a fraction of the cost of the ad monsters.  It's funny when I see other companies talking about air flow over the head because Nicklaus was doing that 10+ years ago.

I wish there was a local dealer in Syracuse so I could try one of these drivers!   I'd probably buy it after 3 balls!

#90 golf-a-holic

golf-a-holic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20935

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

Very nice looking and thanks for the review Sakman.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors