Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

DYNAMIC Gold XP

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 wega85

wega85

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60696
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

Fellow GolfWRX members,

The other day I happend to demo a Taylor Made MC w/Dynamic Gold XP shaft.  I have been looking for information about this shaft but I cannot seem to find anything useful.  I did happen to find dynalite gold xp, are these the same shafts?? Also when I went to the TM site, the MC were not offered with this shaft, so I am a little confused.  I am looking forward to seeing what the fellow members say about this.  Thanks!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Ska_Tay

Ska_Tay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105600
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:20 PM

they're Dynalite Gold XP's ....http://www.truetemper.com/golf/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=25

#3 dcrsx

dcrsx

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3831
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

Dynamic Gold XP is a different shaft from the Dynalite Gold XP.  Higher ball flight than original DG, not as high as Dynalite XP.

#4 linksman

linksman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:29 AM

I also have a Taylormade fitting cart with the Dynamic Gold XP shaft.  I don't understand why there isn't any information on this shaft anywhere.

#5 spartanglfr

spartanglfr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52836
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:37 AM

Just a guess that the Dynamic Gold XP is similar to the discontinued Dynamic Gold Lite, or the Dynamic Gold High Launch.  True Temper is historically slow to update their website with their new shafts.  Until now, hadn't heard that there was a Dynamic Gold XP.

#6 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 768 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8549
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

View Postspartanglfr, on 19 April 2011 - 09:37 AM, said:

Just a guess that the Dynamic Gold XP is similar to the discontinued Dynamic Gold Lite, or the Dynamic Gold High Launch.  True Temper is historically slow to update their website with their new shafts.  Until now, hadn't heard that there was a Dynamic Gold XP.

The shaft isn't available to the public yet, only TM, thus not putting it up on the company website. It will be made available to everyone late in 2011. Until then specs are:

R300 111g
S300 116g
X100 121g

These are designed to fall in between DG and DG SL in terms of weight and produce a mid-low ball flight.

TTS
WI Don's Bag Dr- Grafalloy Boost, FWs- PXv Tour 52 Hy- PX LZ HY Prototypes, Irons- DG Pro WI Bill's Bag DR- PX LZ Proto, FW- PX 7D3 HY- PX HD2, Irons- DG PRO Blk finish

#7 18th Legion

18th Legion

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29486
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:40 AM

The TaylorMade catalog lists the DGXP R300 as 105 gram.

#8 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 768 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:37 PM

View Post18th Legion, on 19 April 2011 - 11:40 AM, said:

The TaylorMade catalog lists the DGXP R300 as 105 gram.

My weights are raw weights, looks like they are listing playing weights.

TTS
WI Don's Bag Dr- Grafalloy Boost, FWs- PXv Tour 52 Hy- PX LZ HY Prototypes, Irons- DG Pro WI Bill's Bag DR- PX LZ Proto, FW- PX 7D3 HY- PX HD2, Irons- DG PRO Blk finish

#9 jammer59

jammer59

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46586
  • Ebay ID:jmaier59
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:02 PM

This shaft is a stock option in many Mizuno irons.  I have the DGXP S300 in my MP-52s.  Having played both the DG, in MP-57s, and the Dynalite in MX-900s, I can tell you that this shaft is lighter than the DG  and it has a lower kickpoint (higher launch) and it plays less stiff than either the DG or Dynalight.  I wouldn't recommend it for 1) a fast SS or 2) a quick tempo player because I think that you could see a ballooning problem.  It feels to me like a True Temper response to Nippon 950 shafts and I think that it was originally designed for Mizuno.

#10 jjl

jjl

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4664
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

I don't think the DGXP that came stock in the MX-300 is the same shaft as the DGXP that comes stock in the TP CB's.  The DGXP S300 in the MX-300 weighs 117 grams, whereas the DGXP in the TM TPCB weighs in at 110 grams.  The DGXP in the TPCB felt noticeably lighter to me than the ones in the MX-300.  My guess is that the XP is a 'made for' shaft that could vary depending on which manufacturer it's made for, and may not appear on TT's website at all.

Edited by jjl, 19 April 2011 - 02:28 PM.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5*
Titleist 910 Fd 15*
Taylor Made JetSpeed Rescue 22*
Taylor Made SLDR 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 50*, 56*, 60*
Scotty Cameron Futura X5 33"

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 768 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:47 PM

View Postjjl, on 19 April 2011 - 02:21 PM, said:

I don't think the DGXP that came stock in the MX-300 is the same shaft as the DGXP that comes stock in the TP CB's.  The DGXP S300 in the MX-300 weighs 117 grams, whereas the DGXP in the TM TPCB weighs in at 110 grams.  The DGXP in the TPCB felt noticeably lighter to me than the ones in the MX-300.  My guess is that the XP is a 'made for' shaft that could vary depending on which manufacturer it's made for, and may not appear on TT's website at all.
Mizuno currently uses the Dynalite Gold XP whereas TaylorMade is using the Dynamic Gold XP. Two completely different shafts from a launch perspective. Dynalite Gold XP was a Mizuno only shaft for 2 years before it was added to our catalog and Dynamic Gold XP will be available late 2011, officially in our catalog for 2012. They aren't "made for" shafts, XP stands for Extra Performance.

TTS

#12 bslosh

bslosh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3078

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:28 PM

View PostTrueTemper, on 19 April 2011 - 02:47 PM, said:

Mizuno currently uses the Dynalite Gold XP whereas TaylorMade is using the Dynamic Gold XP. Two completely different shafts from a launch perspective. Dynalite Gold XP was a Mizuno only shaft for 2 years before it was added to our catalog and Dynamic Gold XP will be available late 2011, officially in our catalog for 2012. They aren't "made for" shafts, XP stands for Extra Performance.

TTS

Thanks TrueTemper.  When you say that the DGXP S300 and the Dynalite Gold XP S300 are completely different from a launch perspective, could you comment on how they are different?  I am looking at both the TM MC and the MP-53 and hit the MC in the DGXP this weekend at my club.  Thanks for clarifying.

#13 BudhaNl

BudhaNl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4743

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

Had a Mizuno Swing DNA fitting last week, and was fitted for this very shaft. I distinctly remember looking at the label and seeing 'Dynamic Gold' XP. Reading this, it seems this is not possible, or is this due to the fact that I had a fitting in Europe (Netherlands to be exact)?

#14 Geohans

Geohans

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29545
GolfWRX Likes : 273

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

TT, is there a date certain when these will be available for purchase outside of Taylormade?

#15 balbowski

balbowski

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,098 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120697
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

View Postbslosh, on 24 April 2011 - 11:28 PM, said:

View PostTrueTemper, on 19 April 2011 - 02:47 PM, said:

TTS

Thanks TrueTemper.  When you say that the DGXP S300 and the Dynalite Gold XP S300 are completely different from a launch perspective, could you comment on how they are different?  I am looking at both the TM MC and the MP-53 and hit the MC in the DGXP this weekend at my club.  Thanks for clarifying.

As TrueTemper said earlier, the Dynamic Gold XP has a mid-low launch and is designed to fit in between the Dynamic Gold and Dynamic Gold SL in terms of weight. Whereas the Dynalite Gold XP is designed to be a high launch shaft with a more responsive tip section to help low ball hitters.

View PostBudhaNl, on 25 April 2011 - 02:21 PM, said:

Had a Mizuno Swing DNA fitting last week, and was fitted for this very shaft. I distinctly remember looking at the label and seeing 'Dynamic Gold' XP. Reading this, it seems this is not possible, or is this due to the fact that I had a fitting in Europe (Netherlands to be exact)?

The Dynalite Gold XP label looks really similar, since it is only an option from TM right now I would be very surprised if one got into a mizuno fitting system. But it might have been released in Europe already, I doubt it though.

#16 mihi4

mihi4

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38958

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

View PostTylerJagels, on 02 May 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

The Dynalite Gold XP label looks really similar, since it is only an option from TM right now I would be very surprised if one got into a mizuno fitting system. But it might have been released in Europe already, I doubt it though.
I went to a Mizuno fitting 2 weeks ago here in Austria, Europe, and also got fitted for the DYNAMIC Gold XP. Looks like Mizuno.eu uses this shaft already.

greetings
michi

#17 Geohans

Geohans

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29545
GolfWRX Likes : 273

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

Michi,  The only one Mizuno Europe has on their site is DYNALITE XP.  But who knows, maybe the retailers are ahead of the website. . .

#18 jmck

jmck

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66331
GolfWRX Likes : 320

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

I've run into several Mizzy reps that use "Dynalite Gold XP" and "Dynamic Gold XP" interchangeably when describing the Dynalite shaft.  I don't think it was ignorance on their part, more a product of fitting a customer who is familiar with the Dynamic Gold line but has never heard of the Dynalite line.  Who knows how much confusion stuff like that causes as it ripples outwards.  Also the shaft bands are identical except for a couple of letters.

#19 duffer888

duffer888

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22282
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

FWIW, I saw a chart somewhere and it had Dynamic Gold XP listed as mid-launch.  I've hit them into a net and I thought the tip was firmer.
Callaway Razr Hawk Fubuki Tour 63
Callaway X2 Hot Aldila Tour Blue
3 Hybrid
4-GW
SW
Putter

#20 mihi4

mihi4

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38958

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:54 AM

View PostGeohans, on 03 May 2011 - 08:54 AM, said:

Michi,  The only one Mizuno Europe has on their site is DYNALITE XP.  But who knows, maybe the retailers are ahead of the website. . .
Could be...

But at least, the shaft label I looked at said "Dynamic Gold XP" :)

greetings
michi

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 CTLong

CTLong

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70004
  • Ebay ID:shaggyspe

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

I know this is super old but I am looking for more information on dynamic gold xp.  

True Temper seems to say it is a low-mid trajectory and a bit lighter than dyanmic gold. Sounds like a lighter dg.  Maybe like a px shaft.

Others feel it is more of a mid trajectory shaft.

Ive always played dg s300 but im looking to get the tm tour preferred cb and they have the dg xp s300.  

Are dg and dg xp really similar or no?

Thanks

#22 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
GolfWRX Likes : 1278

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostCTLong, on 24 June 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

I know this is super old but I am looking for more information on dynamic gold xp.  

True Temper seems to say it is a low-mid trajectory and a bit lighter than dyanmic gold. Sounds like a lighter dg.  Maybe like a px shaft.

Others feel it is more of a mid trajectory shaft.

Ive always played dg s300 but im looking to get the tm tour preferred cb and they have the dg xp s300.  

Are dg and dg xp really similar or no?

Thanks

I have a set of DG XP pulls installed in some Wishon 752 heads.  Haven't hit them yet (bad knee) but they feel true to flex if that matters to you.  As for who to believe, my money is on True Temper.  My research on this subject supports the claim that they launch slightly higher than the regular DG shafts, but medium-low overall.  They are noticeably lighter than DG, that I know for a fact.

#23 CTLong

CTLong

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70004
  • Ebay ID:shaggyspe

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

Very much appreciated!

#24 Starched

Starched

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67894
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

View Postdcrsx, on 24 March 2011 - 02:25 PM, said:

Dynamic Gold XP is a different shaft from the Dynalite Gold XP.  Higher ball flight than original DG, not as high as Dynalite XP.
It's a "made for" Taylormade shaft by True Temper just like the TX-105 for Wilson or the Aldila NVX for Cobra. It's basically OEM
Callaway XHot Pro Driver and 3W
W/S FG Tour M3 Hybrids
W/S FG Tour V2 4-6 and FG62, 7-P
Vokey Wedges, ProV1x, SeeMore FGP

#25 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
GolfWRX Likes : 1278

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostStarched, on 14 July 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

It's a "made for" Taylormade shaft by True Temper just like the TX-105 for Wilson or the Aldila NVX for Cobra. It's basically OEM

Did you miss True Tempers post above?

#26 haydos

haydos

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100389
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Why do ppl post so much crap without any research.

Go to DG site and read that info before putting your "own" illinformed views here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors