Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bags with Decent Sized Cooler Areas?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 CuTiger26

CuTiger26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125023
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:43 PM

Hello,

I have done a lot of searching for cart bags with coolers that can fit around 6 cans/bottles with ice/ice pack.  I have only come up with two, which is the reason I am here asking for help:  

1.)  Orlimar Arctic
2.)  2010 Sun Mountain C-130

Do you guys/girls know of any others?  The two above look to be slightly more bulky than I would like, but I fear this will be the norm if I want a cooler that size in a bag.  I am looking to spend under $150, but if you know of any bags above that price, please list them anyways.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 rynobucket

rynobucket

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43807
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:02 PM

Give the Callaway Org 14 Sport a look, seriously I think I could fit a 12-pack in there. I think it's a great bag all around. The Org 14 Xtreme has an equally large (if not larger) cooler but the design isn't as nice in my opinion.

#3 knockdown9

knockdown9

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91034
  • Ebay ID:ryedhel
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

I've been looking for a cart bag with a decent sized cooler pocket.  I've narrowed my search down to two bags:

1) Callaway 2011 Org.14 Sport Bag
http://www.tgw.com/c.../sattrVal0/cart
As the other poster mentioned this bag has a huge cooler pocket.  It's probably the biggest cooler pocket I've seen.  It's the large zippered pocket on the right side of the bag and has a few drainage holes at the bottom.  I'm prefer to have a cooler pocket that is located at the front bottom of the bag.  It's easier to keep a couple beverages in there plus some fruit and snacks without the food being squished.  Here is a video review of this bag

2) Wilson Staff Tour Cart Bag
I really like the cooler pocket in this bag.  The very bottom compartment at the front of the bag is the cooler department.  It's hard to tell how big it is from the picture, but after looking at it in a store I was quite impressed.  There are drainage holes at the bottom of this pocket too.  This was a sleeper bag for me.  I had about 5 different bags in mind and this was not one of them when I started looking. The price is nearly half the cost of anything else I've looked at as well.

I would also recommend looking at some Datrek bags.  They are little harder to find though.  The Datrek Raptor Cart bag looks to be about the size that I am looking for.  I currently use a small Datrek cart bag and it has a pretty decent sized cooler pocket for such a small bag.  I think Datrek's bags all have cooler pockets and the larger bags probably have larger cooler pockets.   Datrek seems to always place their cooler pockets on the front bottom of the bag which I prefer.  They are also the most functional bags I have come across to date.

#4 hockey 1933

hockey 1933

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70705
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

The TaylorMade Catalina bag has a huge cooler pocket.  Give that bag a look.

#5 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

De oppresso liber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,969 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 614

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

Oh, great  - another potential drunk on the course -- four.... :cheesy:

SLDR TP 9.5 Fujikura Fuel Tour Spec 60
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Kaili 80 x5ct
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0 D2
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x or Hex Black Tour
SC California Monterey

#6 MKSmith

MKSmith

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55064
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

I can't remember the name , but there is a bag you put a party ball with ice in and it has a tap...JK, but someone is welcome to invent it and just give me a shout out from their Mansion, limo, jet and private island when it takes off.

#7 bigmoneyp

bigmoneyp

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106403
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

You are asking the wrong question.  You don't need a bag with a cooler pocket.  You need a cooler that fits in your golf bag that you currently own.  Check out the cover cooler designed to looks like a shoe bag.

http://www.covert-co...are-cooler.html

#8 CuTiger26

CuTiger26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125023
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

I really like the look and weight (6Lbs) of the Callaway Sport (Could be the winner), and I'll check out the Datrek bags as well.  I'm surprised there isn't more information out there on cooler sizes in bags.  Well, then again, maybe the majority of people in the golfing community aren't drunks.... naaa that couldn't be.  

Thanks A LOT for the additional options!

#9 BigGameDb

BigGameDb

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108292
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

Ogio Spry.  Not sure why it doesn't get much love.  Individual club holders and a nice sized insulated cooler pocket.  I can fit 2 16 oz waters or Gatorade's w/o a problem.  Keeps them cool too.  I highly recommend this bag.

#10 leoh923

leoh923

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71328
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

I'll just add another vote for the Callaway Org 14 Sport. Best cart bag I've ever had.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 timbo08

timbo08

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105122
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:31 AM

View Postleoh923, on 23 March 2011 - 03:03 PM, said:

I'll just add another vote for the Callaway Org 14 Sport. Best cart bag I've ever had.

Add another one as well.  No problems loading up the cooler portion of this bad boy!

#12 bigbullym

bigbullym

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101405
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

The Bag Boy Revolver Pro has a pretty big, removeable cooler pouch. Check it out, I can't imagine anyone having a bigger cooler pocket than this.

#13 huskerblue

huskerblue

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116287
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

Heck with the golf bag, I can't wait for the new Clicgear cooler bag!!!:partytime2:

COOLER BAG!!
SLDR 430 TP, 9*
SLDR, 15*
Adams Pro Black 9031, 20*
Mizuno MP68
Mizuno MP T4 wedges
"Cheater" 49" Odyssey 7

#14 2659edward

2659edward

#insideTMAG

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 224

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

View Posthockey 1933, on 23 March 2011 - 11:22 AM, said:

+1 nice sized and the rest of the bag is great also!
Twitter:@ Ed _Settle
WITB Link

#15 OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1282
  • Handicap:16.1
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

View Post2659edward, on 27 March 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

View Posthockey 1933, on 23 March 2011 - 11:22 AM, said:

+1 nice sized and the rest of the bag is great also!

+2.  I have had (2) 20oz water bottles AND (2) 32oz Powerades in there at once.  I froze the waters so it would be the ice packs.  By the end of the round,  they were cold water.  I have an insatiable thirst so I drink alot on the course.

Titleist 907D2 9.5* Ozik Code 6X
TM R7TP 15* w/ UST Tour 86S
Adams PRO 16* & Hogan CFT 21*
Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW KBS Tour
YES! Tracy
Vokey 52.08 & 58.08

#16 avrag

avrag

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32251
GolfWRX Likes : 212

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

View Postknockdown9, on 23 March 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:

I've been looking for a cart bag with a decent sized cooler pocket.  I've narrowed my search down to two bags:

2) Wilson Staff Tour Cart Bag
I really like the cooler pocket in this bag.  The very bottom compartment at the front of the bag is the cooler department.  It's hard to tell how big it is from the picture, but after looking at it in a store I was quite impressed.  There are drainage holes at the bottom of this pocket too.  This was a sleeper bag for me.  I had about 5 different bags in mind and this was not one of them when I started looking. The price is nearly half the cost of anything else I've looked at as well.

Old thread, I know, but I would like to sing the praises of the Wilson Staff Tour Elite bag mentioned above. It is also a long term review. I have been using and abusing this bag for a year and a half now, and I cannot say anough good things about it. I use a push cart and I have a tendency to put lots and lots of stuff in my bag, and this one can take it all. The giant cooler bag has already been mentioned, but this is also my first bag that did not break at the seams or at the zippers within a year. The dividers are also great without having any "lock" system, they keep the clubs in place (at least on push and pull carts) because of the raw material on top. I also like the fact that it has so many smaller pockets, so that it is really easy to keep gloves, tees and all other things organized.
The outer shell is treated somehow, so that it is virtually waterproof. I used it in a tournament in pouring rain, and everything inside stayed totally dry. You do not need a special cover with this bag. There is a top cover that is attached and that can be folded into a special pocket, when you do not need it.  
After seeing me use it for about half a year or so, two of my friends bought it as well. It is a pity that Wilson did not just keep producing it. The newer model lacks a few of the features. If you still can find one anywhere, buy it.

Edited by avrag, 09 November 2011 - 11:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors