Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Callaway Diablo Forged vs Razr X iron...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sicman16

sicman16

Sicman16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104375
  • Ebay ID:bogey1616
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

has anyone out there compared Callaway's Razr X iron to the Diablo Forged??? any input would be appreciated... thanks in advance!!!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 lacosteguy

lacosteguy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5244
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

I wrote earlier about the Callaway Tour Driver that just came out, and how nicely surprised I was with it. As i DO NOT like callaway usually.

I tried the irons as well.The Diablo Forged did nothing for me, nothing great at all, wouldn't put them in the same league as AP2, any Mizuno irons, or even R9TP's. .......that being said, I just bought the Razr X Tour forged irons. Oddly, I love the look of them, and they feel nice! really really strong club, and strong lineup in general for Callaway this year. Tried the hybrids (new ones just came out) and again, BIT WINNER there! Callaway produced some GREAT things this year...see it stacking up or better then most lineups I have tried.

#3 jjl

jjl

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4664
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

I play the Diablo Forged and like them a lot.  The Razr X is more in line with Cally's X series irons..cast not forged like the DF, more offset, thicker topline, larger head.  More of a game improvement iron, whereas the DF is a tweener.  try to hit them both and see which you prefer.
Titleist 910 D2 9.5*
Titleist 910 Fd 15*
Taylor Made JetSpeed Rescue 22*
Taylor Made SLDR 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 50*, 56*, 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.7

#4 sallyboy7153

sallyboy7153

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117346
  • Ebay ID:joeyg71506
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

I like the diablo forged but there very game improvementy for me.  The razr X tours are more of players iron.  You'll def get more distance with the diablo forged tho.  More offset in the diablos and thicker top line and sole.  Try em out.

#5 E-5

E-5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100798

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

I've always liked the Diablo forged every time I've hit them.  When the opportunity to get a new set with KBS tours at a stupid price, I jumped.  I am presently waiting for the brown truck to arrive today with them.  They will do battle with my Nike Split cavities and who knows, they may find a spot.

To your question, both sets of irons are great.  I don't find the DF's too tough to look at, and I prefer clean-ish lines and not a lot of offset.  I think they set up just as nice as the Razrs.  I may be in the minority, but I prefer the feel of the DF's with KBS to the Razr's I recently hit.  Your mileage may vary...

#6 The BECK

The BECK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123776

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:00 AM

MY FIRST POST!!!!!!! I've been stalking this site forever but never joined. I can't believe your topic!!! I have been hitting the RAZR x tours for 2 weeks in stores. I also hit a set that a friend just bought  2 days ago. I've probably hit close to 1000 balls to date. I planned to order a set Tuesday. My main hold up has been trying to decide on shaft, KBS s or Project X 5.5 flighted. So I was doing my usual routine, heading to Dicks to hit my soon to be ordered iron. I arrive and the stock Razr tours had been sold. So I look around and pick up the Diablo Forged....Very ugly on the rack due to labeling. Stock shaft is garbage. Has a much bigger look than my irons of the past, excluding my Pro series X-12's....THE BEST IRON I EVER OWNED. Not what I'm really into.. BUT...I'm curious becasue I'm seeing this $999.99 price tag. So I hit the damn things..

Simply incredible. These things feel like a sledge hammer made of butter. (That may not make sense??) The stamping on the iron is gross but when you set this club down it looks great. That's if you can handle thicker lines. I am strongly considreing ordering. I've been researching all night and I am concerned about distance. These may be too cranked and too hot for their own good. I will order them a degree or two weaker than stock wih KBS tour stiff. My 8 flies 155-165 in a muscle blade. These are designed to be stupid long. I have zero desire to hit an 8 iron longer than 165.

So bottom line...I've hit the Razr X Tour a great deal and the feel, ball speed, distance, and forgiveness of the Diablo Forged blows it away. Now mind you that this is only on the simulator. Not on the course or under the gun. The last game improvement iron I played was the X 12 Pros. I never should of sold them. I bought the X-16 Pros and they were garbage and my 12s were long gone. It might be time to get back to Cally. Going to demo so more but I really think I'm going to pull the trigger on these ugly things.

Handicap...0.1
Irons... Srixon I-701 Forged
Putter...What day is it?

#7 Turbosnake

Turbosnake

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68914
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:10 AM

Funny you posted this comparison........ i was on a trackman yesterday hitting my diablo forged 5 iron against a razr x 5 iron..... the numbers were identical. (my diablo's are cut down 1/2")....but the feel of the diablo forged is AMAZING !!!!!!  i love my diablo forged and it will be a looooong time i think before i find anything that is even close to the feel and performance......... hands down go with the diablo forged... you will not regret it.

just my $0.02

#8 alexhsi

alexhsi

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119652
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:23 AM

I went from the Xforged 07 to the DF. never look back. I need the GI aspect of the iron, and the feel is amazing.

#9 Raven Logics

Raven Logics

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61941
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

What about the Razr Forged? I hit some at a demo yesterday, alongside my older forged X-Tours and the Razr Tour. I liked the DF, but prefer the X-Tours so stuck with them last season.

I found the Razr Tour to be a little harsh on mishits and a little dull on clean hits. In comparison, the forged version had a much sweeter feel on both, although it maybe punished poor shots a little more. I'm not a great golfer, but I found the forged version to be easier to control (direction and trajectory) than either the Tours or my older X-Tours. In comparison, if I remember correctly the DF was great for hitting straight shots. Just my 2c :)

#10 Dr.JP

Dr.JP

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80468
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:44 PM

Diablo Forged are the best Irons I have hit to date period! I loved them so much I picked up a spare set (got an awesome price).

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 jjl

jjl

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4664
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

agree with the positive comments on the Diablo Forged, and i also came upon them almost by accident, i didn't like the looks of the cavity at all (still dont although it's grown on me a bit), but at the end of a session of trying out many different irons (R9 TP, JPX-800 Pro, AP1, etc.) i picked up the Diablo Forged demo and was instantly blown away.  definitely a sleeper iron that probably doesnt get the recognition it deserves due to the cavity graphics and its price tag.  worth the money in my book.  i disagree that the stock shaft is junk, the Nippon 1100's fit me perfectly.
Titleist 910 D2 9.5*
Titleist 910 Fd 15*
Taylor Made JetSpeed Rescue 22*
Taylor Made SLDR 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 50*, 56*, 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors