Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * - - - 1 votes

Callaway Diablo Forged vs Razr X iron...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 sicman16

sicman16

Sicman16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104375
  • Ebay ID:bogey1616
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:01 AM

has anyone hit the Diablo Forged  side by side with the Raxr X....will be ordering a set soon and any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance

Edited by sicman16, 01 March 2011 - 07:02 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 First Ascent

First Ascent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122173

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:55 AM

Obviously swing characteristics aside and depending on which actual Razr X iron you talking about (Razr X, Razr X Tour or Razr Forged). I own a set of Diablo forged with X100 shafts and have hit the Razr X Forged briefly on a range day. Not many clubs on the market that are as long as the Diablo forged but not too many more expensive either. Razr's seem to be solid performing irons if you have the game to weld them. Not the most forgiving iron in the players iron department and knuckle breaking if your off plane. Hope this helps.

#3 Hoo_Daddy24

Hoo_Daddy24

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69571

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:21 AM

I just demoed both and ended up going with the Diablo forged. It was longer for me and the forged was way better feeling. There more expensive but way worth. Best iron I've played yet.

#4 golfcs78

golfcs78

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58002

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:32 AM

Diablo Forged are LOOOOOOOONG.  Hard to find anything out there longer.  Really unique combination of hot-off-the-face feeling and soft-off-the-face forged feeling.  Not too bad at address/on the top line either.  Both forgiving and workable.  All three of the Razr X are great (and won the Editors Choice on GD Hot List for a reason), but Diablo Forged are longer (and still feel great).

#5 kg4ever

kg4ever

another miss hit T.T

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94479
  • Ebay ID:5liuhuikai23
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:46 AM

I live in a small town so I don't have a chance to get my hands on razor irons. But I love the diablo forged over 09 burners. The only thing I don't like on DF is the around ish sole from 6-p

#6 plee542

plee542

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117163
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:45 AM

Diablo forged are long because they are 3* stronger than most iron specs.  Also they are a hybrid on forged and carpenter steel face (hotter face) so strictly speaking not 100% forged.  Still a great iron set but probably not as good in the feel department as the razr forged.

#7 skyleralan

skyleralan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91490
  • Ebay ID:skyleralan
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

Personally, I would consider feel over distance any day.  My irons aren't a club I am necessarily looking to add distance.  I want a club that feels good, sets up nice to my eye, and allows me to feel confident and work the ball.

Distance needs to go down on the list of reasons to buy irons in my opinion.

#8 golfware

golfware

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439
GolfWRX Likes : 154

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

View Postskyleralan, on 04 March 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

Personally, I would consider feel over distance any day.  My irons aren't a club I am necessarily looking to add distance.  I want a club that feels good, sets up nice to my eye, and allows me to feel confident and work the ball.

Well, the feel of the Diablo Forged are awesome to me, the forgivenss is first rate!!  And the added length is a bonus!

#9 jwolf778699

jwolf778699

jwolf77869

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27280
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:59 AM

I agree-I just demoed the razor after owning the Diablo forged. Diablo  was longer for me and the forged was way better feeling.  Best iron I've played yet.

Razor x iron loft
8=36
9=40
PW=44

Diablo Forged
8=35
9=40
PW=45

#10 TM_HOYER

TM_HOYER

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90581
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

View Postplee542, on 04 March 2011 - 01:45 AM, said:

Diablo forged are long because they are 3* stronger than most iron specs.  Also they are a hybrid on forged and carpenter steel face (hotter face) so strictly speaking not 100% forged.  Still a great iron set but probably not as good in the feel department as the razr forged.

The carpenter steel face is forged. They are 100% forged but of two different steels.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 sshadow2

sshadow2

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51793
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

View Postskyleralan, on 04 March 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

+1. Irons are for position so they are more about accuracy. Don't get trapped by the the whole longer iron trends. All they are doing are messing up the lofts, and giving you bigger gaps in your wedges.

#12 plee542

plee542

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117163

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:19 AM

View PostTM_HOYER, on 04 March 2011 - 11:40 AM, said:

The carpenter steel face is forged. They are 100% forged but of two different steels.

Really? I understood this part from Callaway's spec as the face not being forged.  "Soft carbon steel body combines with a precision welded 455 Carpenter Steel face to provide incredibly soft, responsive feedback."  I could be wrong but doesn't sound like the face is forged.

It's definitely not as soft or as good in the feel department as full forged irons such as razor x forged as I've demo'd them.  Still a great iron set as I have the diablo forged and use them at times but they aren't my gaming irons anymore.

#13 TM_HOYER

TM_HOYER

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90581
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

View Postplee542, on 05 March 2011 - 01:19 AM, said:

View PostTM_HOYER, on 04 March 2011 - 11:40 AM, said:

Really? I understood this part from Callaway's spec as the face not being forged.  "Soft carbon steel body combines with a precision welded 455 Carpenter Steel face to provide incredibly soft, responsive feedback."  I could be wrong but doesn't sound like the face is forged.

It's definitely not as soft or as good in the feel department as full forged irons such as razor x forged as I've demo'd them.  Still a great iron set as I have the diablo forged and use them at times but they aren't my gaming irons anymore.

When the Diablo Forged was released, they had a video that included how the Diablo Forged was manufactured. It showed how both pieces are forged and plasma welded together. That is why the Diablo Forged costs more than most irons. This is not a cheap way to build an iron.

#14 The BECK

The BECK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123776

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:18 AM

There is no comparison between the two. Diablo Forged by a mile. Feel and distance are far superior. The iron will eventually be looked back on as a classic, much like the X12 Pro Series. Only problem is they are ugly in a bag. That says how good this iron really is when it can survive longer than a season with so much equipment that is solid and pleasing to the eye. I had every intention of buying Razr Tours unti I hit these on a whim. One swing and it was over. Ordering as soon as I determine shaft.  

#15 Fairwayrocker

Fairwayrocker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102618

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:25 AM

Hey,

i own a Diablo Forged set of irons and compared this weekend the RAZR X Tour and RAZR X forged iron. I have to say that the RAZR X forged was the better club in terms of consistency and length and not comparable to the Diablo forged set I normally play.

I was absolutely surprised of the forgiveness of the Razr X forged irons and I seriously consider to switch.

View Postjwolf778699, on 04 March 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

I agree-I just demoed the razor after owning the Diablo forged. Diablo  was longer for me and the forged was way better feeling.  Best iron I've played yet.

Razor x iron loft
8=36
9=40
PW=44

Diablo Forged
8=35
9=40
PW=45

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors