Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bushnell/Igolf won't work with Mac -Anyone??

31 replies to this topic

#1 jrr

jrr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67716
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:46 AM

I just saw the Upro issue thread and I have the same issue with my Bushnell XGC+. Thought I would see if anyone has had any luck in getting the unit to synch with Igolf.

It worked fine until last Dec and now will not sync. Bushnell sent me a new unti and that won't sync either. Igolf will not troubleshoot at all. Igolf will not help with suggested Mac settings or Firefox settings they use to supposedly get it to work. Their recommendation is go try it on a PC. Sent the new unit back to Bushnell and they got it to work but on a PC, WTF what happened to "supports Mac".

Any Mac users have any suggestions or success in getting this to work. I have a paid subscription and map credits that I can't use due this issue.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Harry Longshanks

Harry Longshanks

I Like Big Putts and I Cannot Lie.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75388
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:53 AM

Wish I could help.  I do find it interesting that iGolf has acted like they are supporting Mac OSX on the Bushnell site, the iGolf site, and even in the iGolf forum for Beta users.

Posted Image

Posted Image

maybe you should get on the "forum" as raise some hell.

Titleist 910D2 9.5 'ahina
                PING G10 3W
                Titleist 712U
                PING i20 4-U
                PING Tour Gorge 56WS, 60TS
                PING Scottsdale TR Anser 2

#3 bpark1210

bpark1210

Pacific Dunes #2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79766
  • Handicap:8.4
  • Ebay ID:Bpark1210
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:09 AM

The issue is with Mac not supporting Java anymore. You can thank Mr. Jobs for that. The Bushnell is a great unit and it worked wonderfully with the Bushnell app but since converting the firmware over it strictly uses the igolf web site now to sync. The trouble lies in a coding issue with Java and Macs.

I have tried everything possible: Firefox, Google Chrome, emailing support at Bushnell, emailing support at igolf. I can tell you nothing has worked other than booting up in windows on my Macbook. Surprisingly my old copy of Windows XP on bootcamp is able to sync no problems. Kind of annoying to do this every time but there really isn't a choice w/ Mac not supporting Java anymore.

Ps nice thing is now all courses are pre-loaded, if you have a paid membership it will give unlimited downloads of course gps maps no more credits to worry about

Edited by bpark1210, 18 February 2011 - 08:12 AM.

Bstone J40 445 10.5::Motore Speeder 6.2
Adams XTD Ti 15 :: Matrix 7Q3 S
Bstone Airmuscle 2i 19 :: PX HD2
Bstone J40 DPC :: KBS Tour S+
Bstone WC52/J4058 :: TT Spinner Wdg+
Piretti Teramo CS
WITB Link

#4 jrr

jrr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:17 AM

View PostHarry Longshanks, on 18 February 2011 - 07:53 AM, said:

Wish I could help.  I do find it interesting that iGolf has acted like they are supporting Mac OSX on the Bushnell site, the iGolf site, and even in the iGolf forum for Beta users.

Posted Image

Posted Image

maybe you should get on the "forum" as raise some hell.

Harry

Hi again. Just hoping I can find someone who is using a Mac/Firefox who can share setting info.

Been on that forum and it is whitewashed by IGolf big time.  My guess is that anyone who tries to complain is being removed. Notice there are no software issues since give or take Oct.  All I get is it works on Mac from Igolf and then they say go to Bushnell. Bushnell does the same thing and sends you to Igolf. The interesting fact is that when the new unit was sent back to Bushnell who well knew my problem, however they decided not to have someone use a Mac to sync, rather only using a PC and telling me well it works on Windows 7 or 8.

As previously discussed a simple checking of the Imac preferences or the Firefox settings to make sure there isn't some  out of place toggle switch, iis a minimum support effort by a quality company who has professional intentions OR isn't trying to hide a problem. L1, the actual company, is tiny and Bushnell claims they can't force them  to help because they aren't required to give out proprietary code. Who wants their code, just what setting do they use on either open source FF or readily open Imac / settings [preferences].

#5 Harry Longshanks

Harry Longshanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:23 AM

I'd demand a refund of the purchase price then.  They delivered a product that doesn't work the way it is supposed to, and advertised to.  That's a breach of warranty.  Use the money to buy a product that works with a Mac.

Easier said than done, I know.

PING G10 3W
                Titleist 712U
                PING i20 4-U

#6 jrr

jrr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:27 AM

View Postbpark1210, on 18 February 2011 - 08:09 AM, said:

The issue is with Mac not supporting Java anymore. You can thank Mr. Jobs for that. The Bushnell is a great unit and it worked wonderfully with the Bushnell app but since converting the firmware over it strictly uses the igolf web site now to sync. The trouble lies in a coding issue with Java and Macs.

I have tried everything possible: Firefox, Google Chrome, emailing support at Bushnell, emailing support at igolf. I can tell you nothing has worked other than booting up in windows on my Macbook. Surprisingly my old copy of Windows XP on bootcamp is able to sync no problems. Kind of annoying to do this every time but there really isn't a choice w/ Mac not supporting Java anymore.

Ps nice thing is now all courses are pre-loaded, if you have a paid membership it will give unlimited downloads of course gps maps no more credits to worry about
Bpark
I thought Java was the issue and downloaded the latest for Mac. If Igolf or Bushnell would just step and admit it, heck I could understand it , not accept it, but understand it. Issue now both Igolf and Bushnell are firmly saying they support Mac.  No downloads, course changes/adds or detailed maps, since I don't run windows on mine and can't sync. It is becoming a matter of principle. Paid big bucks for me because it  worked with Apple.

#7 Harry Longshanks

Harry Longshanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

Hmmmmm. . .speaking of Java . . .

Yesterday was the last day of my membership.  I logged on the  iGolf using the Sync app. (no unit attached because it is on it's way  back from iGolf after being updated.)  I had 15 credits left and wanted  to use them up.  (downloading courses from the iGolf database without the unit connected has never been a  problem.)

I was able to log in, search the courses, select a course . . .  but  when I clicked the "Download GPS" button, I got a pop-up warning telling  me that I couldn't download anything because I needed the latest Java installed.  That had never happened  before.   So, I clicked the download link, updated Java, rebooted, ran  the Sync App, logged back in, etc. - same result.  Tried this several  times but couldn't get past the Java warning pop-up. (I'm on Win7, btw).

So, I left 15 credits unused.  Not a huge deal because I was just grabbing some courses I might play some day, rather than local ones, but annoying nonetheless.  

I hope I don't need an active membership to re-sync with my 80+ downloaded courses when I get the unit back. I use the map function for my regular courses all the time because I know the courses well and I need to know lay-up yardages.   Not having access to the maps I paid for would make me very unhappy.  I read all of the info and there was no mention of needing to maintain the membership until after you received the unit back.  I intentionally waited until the last minute because: (a)  I hadn't used all of my credits for course downloads and I wanted to use them as I needed them; and (b) I wanted to make sure all of the bugs had been worked out of the new firmware.

PING G10 3W
                Titleist 712U
                PING i20 4-U

#8 bpark1210

bpark1210

Pacific Dunes #2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:05 AM

View PostHarry Longshanks, on 18 February 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

Hmmmmm. . .speaking of Java . . .

Yesterday was the last day of my membership.  I logged on the  iGolf using the Sync app. (no unit attached because it is on it's way  back from iGolf after being updated.)  I had 15 credits left and wanted  to use them up.  (downloading courses from the iGolf database without the unit connected has never been a  problem.)

I was able to log in, search the courses, select a course . . .  but  when I clicked the "Download GPS" button, I got a pop-up warning telling  me that I couldn't download anything because I needed the latest Java installed.  That had never happened  before.   So, I clicked the download link, updated Java, rebooted, ran  the Sync App, logged back in, etc. - same result.  Tried this several  times but couldn't get past the Java warning pop-up. (I'm on Win7, btw).

So, I left 15 credits unused.  Not a huge deal because I was just grabbing some courses I might play some day, rather than local ones, but annoying nonetheless.  

I hope I don't need an active membership to re-sync with my 80+ downloaded courses when I get the unit back. I use the map function for my regular courses all the time because I know the courses well and I need to know lay-up yardages.   Not having access to the maps I paid for would make me very unhappy.  I read all of the info and there was no mention of needing to maintain the membership until after you received the unit back.  I intentionally waited until the last minute because: (a)  I hadn't used all of my credits for course downloads and I wanted to use them as I needed them; and (b) I wanted to make sure all of the bugs had been worked out of the new firmware.

Since the new firmware update the igolf website has been requiring the unit to be connected to dl courses. It seems courses are now loaded direct to the unit through java and bypass operating systems and the old bushnell sync app. It's web based through igolf and this is where the issue is with Mac's. Believe me I've tried everything. It has nothing to do with Bushnell other than they were idiots in handing over their perfectly simplistic gps device to igolf to re-image their firmware and screw it up for us Mac users. I too was disappointed with the level of support they offered for Mac/Syncing.

Both companies are partly to blame, but I would also put some blame on Steve Jobs for being an anti Java supporter for years. if you do a search on Java and Mac you'll see he's never liked Java. Mac is no longer supporting Java code and unfortunately the latest Java update from Apple does nothing.

Piretti Teramo CS
WITB Link

#9 bpark1210

bpark1210

Pacific Dunes #2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:19 AM

View Postjrr, on 18 February 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

View Postbpark1210, on 18 February 2011 - 08:09 AM, said:

Bpark
I thought Java was the issue and downloaded the latest for Mac. If Igolf or Bushnell would just step and admit it, heck I could understand it , not accept it, but understand it. Issue now both Igolf and Bushnell are firmly saying they support Mac.  No downloads, course changes/adds or detailed maps, since I don't run windows on mine and can't sync. It is becoming a matter of principle. Paid big bucks for me because it  worked with Apple.

JRR

Ha i was just running through the igolf website support forum and found my original post there with the exact same issue. Someone replied to my thread (back in Nov haha), too bad igolf doesn't have a thread update notification like golfwrx Posted Image.

Good news looks like someone figured out the java settings. I haven't tried it out but hope this works:

I called tech support. They said it was a java issue on my computer. I played with java preferences and made it work in safari. Click on the spotlight (magnifying glass) type in java preferences. Click run in their own preferences instead of within the browser process. Then move java se 6, 64 bit to the top then move java se 5, 64 bit to the 2nd position and java 5.0, 32 bit to the third position making sure they are all checked. Reload safari go to igolf.com sync device and it will sync. But you have to download all the course files again to load images and it worked. I tried it in firefox and I couldn't get it to sync with those same settings but it worked in safari.Hope that helps.

Link to igolf support topic

Piretti Teramo CS
WITB Link

#10 Harry Longshanks

Harry Longshanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:08 AM

I'm wondering . . . with the new sync procedure (using browser, not Bushnell sync app), is it still possible to "trade" course maps?  Are they even still stored locally on the owner's computer?

Mind you, with all the courses now on the unit and the fact that 90% of the time I'm not using the map function, I'm not sure it's even something I would want/need to do.  Mostly, I'm just curious.

PING G10 3W
                Titleist 712U
                PING i20 4-U

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 jrr

jrr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

bpark

You are a genius. It worked. Now let me ask you and Harry. just how difficult would it have been for the idiots at Igolf to refer me to that link. Took maybe 3 mins start to finish [type slow]. Also what deep dark secrets would this have given away. I assure you the time spent by Bushnell and Igolf was not a little bit. What is interesting though is that you can't go to the logical "beta" thread and get this info. How difficult is it to say to someone who is having Mac/sync issues, "have you tried this in following link?"

Harry re the course map. I also asked that early as the rumor had that you could only load less than 50. The answer from Igolf was you could add upwards of 200. But to my knowledge there is no longer a "buy" and store capability.

#12 bpark1210

bpark1210

Pacific Dunes #2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:22 AM

View Postjrr, on 18 February 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

bpark

You are a genius. It worked. Now let me ask you and Harry. just how difficult would it have been for the idiots at Igolf to refer me to that link. Took maybe 3 mins start to finish [type slow]. Also what deep dark secrets would this have given away. I assure you the time spent by Bushnell and Igolf was not a little bit. What is interesting though is that you can't go to the logical "beta" thread and get this info. How difficult is it to say to someone who is having Mac/sync issues, "have you tried this in following link?"

Harry re the course map. I also asked that early as the rumor had that you could only load less than 50. The answer from Igolf was you could add upwards of 200. But to my knowledge there is no longer a "buy" and store capability.

Good to know that it works. I'll have to test it out later today on my own.
Piretti Teramo CS
WITB Link

#13 jrr

jrr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

View Postbpark1210, on 18 February 2011 - 10:22 AM, said:

View Postjrr, on 18 February 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

bpark

Good to know that it works. I'll have to test it out later today on my own.

By way it still won't work on FF just Safari

#14 Harry Longshanks

Harry Longshanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:30 AM

Awesome job bpark!  Hit you with a +1 rep for helping a fellow member.  Good to know that if I ever move to a Mac full time (that new MacBook Air is calling me - can't justify it right now though), I'll be able to sync my XGC using it. Well done sir, well done.

And jrr, I agree, iGolf should have: (a) directed you to that thread; and (more importantly) (b) known about the fix and had it available to all of their customer service people to give to customers.

EDIT:  bpark, what part of Seattle are you in?  Ever hit the slopes at Snoqualmie, Stevens Pass, Crystal, Baker, or Whistler?

Edited by Harry Longshanks, 18 February 2011 - 10:32 AM.

PING G10 3W
                Titleist 712U
                PING i20 4-U

#15 jrr

jrr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

View PostHarry Longshanks, on 18 February 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

Awesome job bpark!  Hit you with a +1 rep for helping a fellow member.  Good to know that if I ever move to a Mac full time (that new MacBook Air is calling me - can't justify it right now though), I'll be able to sync my XGC using it. Well done sir, well done.

And jrr, I agree, iGolf should have: (a) directed you to that thread; and (more importantly) (b) known about the fix and had it available to all of their customer service people to give to customers.

Agree re bpark and thanks. Really agree re customer service. Tried to call Bushnell all their phones and web sites are "service not available". Now what?

#16 bpark1210

bpark1210

Pacific Dunes #2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:37 AM

View PostHarry Longshanks, on 18 February 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

EDIT:  bpark, what part of Seattle are you in?  Ever hit the slopes at Snoqualmie, Stevens Pass, Crystal, Baker, or Whistler?

Harry def appreciate the feedback.

I currently live in Edmonds just north of Seattle. Haven't had time to go up all season, it's been getting cold again and talks of snow. More concentrated on golf the past few years to go up boarding. Steven's is my usual choice when going up.
Piretti Teramo CS
WITB Link

#17 Harry Longshanks

Harry Longshanks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

Well, you can add me to the group of people who have iGolf on their sh!t list.

I got my GPS back from the beta firmware update.  The firmware seems fine (haven't had a chance to play yet), but when I sync'd per the instruction, all my maps were gone.  Now, from meticulously reading the website, I knew that the old files weren't compatible with the new firmware.  But it was my understanding the maps I'd already paid for would re-download in the (new) compatible format when I sync'd.  In other words, I would get the maps I'd already paid for, but no new ones unless I chose to renew my membership and get more map credits. . .

. . .nope.  Customer service informed me that, because my membership expired while my unit was at iGolf for the update, I would have to buy a new membership and re-download the maps I'd already paid for.  
I explained that if I'd known that was the case (and that I'd specifically looked for any sort of warning that that might be the case, but iGolf didn't have one on their website), I'd never have sent my unit in for the new firmware.  They then responded that I could pay (again) to send the unit back in and have the old firmware restore.  FYI: to/from shipping each time with insurance and shipping confirmation is $20.  So they want me to spend another $20 to get my unit back to the way it was.  That's $40 total just to get what I had before I sent it to them in the first place.

If I had known they would treat me this way, I would have: (a) never upgraded; and (b) just spent the $40 on an iPhone golf GPS app.

Please spread the word, iGolf has terrible customer service and, frankly, I feel like I got suckered into a bait & switch.

PING G10 3W
                Titleist 712U
                PING i20 4-U

#18 jrr

jrr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

Harry
Believe me I understand your feelings. I think the word "autocratic" covers their cr(*y attempt at customer service. They are making up the rules on the fly.

The astounding thing is that Bushnell bends over backwards to help you but can't get their vendor in line. I suggest that you bring this to Bushnell's attention. Certainly worth a try.

#19 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 17,680 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 4158

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:05 AM

I'm glad I found this thread. I was going to purchase a Bushnell, but after reading what I read no thanks.

Now I'm more confused then ever. I would really like a GPS, but I may just go with a rangefinder.

#20 jrr

jrr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:54 AM

View PostSean2, on 06 March 2011 - 12:05 AM, said:

I'm glad I found this thread. I was going to purchase a Bushnell, but after reading what I read no thanks.

Now I'm more confused then ever. I would really like a GPS, but I may just go with a rangefinder.

Sean

I need to clarify again that Bushnell's Cs is first class as is the quality of their product. The issue is Igolf , who unfortunately, is involved with more than Bushnell in supplying software.
If you use a PC you will have no issue. If you use a Mac see message above #9 from bpark, go to the link at the bottom and the solution is there. Now what is interesting that thread is cut out of the forum threads run by Igolf. You have to wonder why??? But his great direction is working for now at least.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• 17,680 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

View Postjrr, on 07 March 2011 - 08:54 AM, said:

Sean

I need to clarify again that Bushnell's Cs is first class as is the quality of their product. The issue is Igolf , who unfortunately, is involved with more than Bushnell in supplying software.
If you use a PC you will have no issue. If you use a Mac see message above #9 from bpark, go to the link at the bottom and the solution is there. Now what is interesting that thread is cut out of the forum threads run by Igolf. You have to wonder why??? But his great direction is working for now at least.
JRR,

Thanks JRR, and I'm sure Bushnell offers first rate products. However, I'm a little leery of spending that much money on something and then have to use a work around to get it to work...and for how long I don't know. Plus the fact that iGolf cuts out the thread. You would think Bushnell would have something to say about that. Too bad too. I was all set to purchase the hybrid.

#22 jrr

jrr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:05 AM

I do understand

#23 MSchad

MSchad

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93174
  • Ebay ID:intruder1152
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

I'm not sure this is strictly an iGolf support issue. Since this all seems to relate to Java, you may find the following link interesting.
http://news.cnet.com...020338-260.html

#24 ChipDriver

ChipDriver

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105907
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

View Postjrr, on 07 March 2011 - 08:54 AM, said:

Sean

Contact Apple - if you want a reliable long-term solution.  Write to Steve Jobs (SJobs@Apple.com) or Jeff Maranhas (Maranhas@Apple.com).  If you merely "patch" or work-around the problem now, the problem may replicate when the OSX update occurs.   This is both bad for Igolf and Bushnell and Apple.  But since it probably is an OSX issue, then you should tell Apple.  For lack of a better term - Apple sets the framework and advises software manufacturers how to geek their software to work on Apple.   Sometimes the wires get crossed and OSX updates or software upgrades cause the framework to make a mistake.

I had a similar problem with a new car (that alleged it was specifically Ipod friendly) and my Iphone.  The car dealer and then manufacturer and Apple both pointed the finger at each other.  The problem was evidenced by several car sites. I wrote a fairly lengthy explanation to Mr. Jobs and sent an email to him.  I did NOT BLAME him or anyone (as many seem to do in this thread) but simply explained the issue and who/what/where I had gone to resolve it, before bothering him.  Very much to my surprise - about 2 hours after I emailed Mr. Jobs, Jeff Maranhas (who I think is a Lead Product Manager for Apple) emailed me.  We began a communication trail for the next 3 months - about 10 emails and a few phone calls - and in the ensuing IOS 4.2 - the problem was resolved for me, and the several car forum members who'd had the problem.   Needless to say I was amazed that a peon like me would get any response whatsoever...not to mention a full solution.

FWIW - I am not a techie - all I basically explained was that I had bought an Apple-compatible product - and it wasn't working properly.  No "tech" experience required.  LOL

Try it - can't hurt.

Good luck.

Edited by ChipDriver, 07 March 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#25 jrr

jrr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

Mschad/Chip

You are right but Apple was very willing to help. They asked for the java "hooks" and they would  fix it. Igolf absolutely refused to cooperate. Or to do anything from their end. Obviously the interesting question is why they removed the "fix" from their support thread. Basically, there is a missing month's worth of input comments.

Now back to the real situation. Both of the web sites, Bushnell and Igolf, still state they support Mac and Windows. Purchases were made based on that commitment. Bushnell is trying, Igolf based on my interaction just doesn't give a darn. Igolf is responsible for at least trying to work with Apple. I expect them to work with Leopard and Snow Leopard since both are current Mac OS. Lion may be something else

By the way you can, and I did, just add the latest Java to your Imac or whatever.

#26 ChipDriver

ChipDriver

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

View Postjrr, on 07 March 2011 - 02:46 PM, said:

Mschad/Chip

You are right but Apple was very willing to help. They asked for the java "hooks" and they would  fix it. Igolf absolutely refused to cooperate. Or to do anything from their end. Obviously the interesting question is why they removed the "fix" from their support thread. Basically, there is a missing month's worth of input comments.

Now back to the real situation. Both of the web sites, Bushnell and Igolf, still state they support Mac and Windows. Purchases were made based on that commitment. Bushnell is trying, Igolf based on my interaction just doesn't give a darn. Igolf is responsible for at least trying to work with Apple. I expect them to work with Leopard and Snow Leopard since both are current Mac OS. Lion may be something else

By the way you can, and I did, just add the latest Java to your Imac or whatever.

Thanks - at my age a GPS is getting harder to see....but I do use Bushnell...1600 Tour Edition (range finder).  :)  No Mac needed.

Edited by ChipDriver, 07 March 2011 - 09:33 PM.

#27 jrr

jrr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:13 AM

Chip if you don't use Mac. Bushnell is perfect for aged users. I'm 65. Easy to use, no fees unless you need detailed maps. I can easily read on the course without my 2.0's. Bushnell, the company, is actually wonderful to deal with on things not Mac.

#28 ChipDriver

ChipDriver

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

View Postjrr, on 08 March 2011 - 07:13 AM, said:

Chip if you don't use Mac. Bushnell is perfect for aged users. I'm 65. Easy to use, no fees unless you need detailed maps. I can easily read on the course without my 2.0's. Bushnell, the company, is actually wonderful to deal with on things not Mac.

What I was saying is that I already use a Bushnell 1600 rangefinder.  I don't use a GPS b/c it's hard to read b/c I'm starting to get presbyopia   :)  Notwithstanding...I'm a range finder guy, not a GPS guy....but that's another thread.

I'm a big Apple fan though.

#29 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• 17,680 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:22 AM

View PostChipDriver, on 08 March 2011 - 07:58 AM, said:

What I was saying is that I already use a Bushnell 1600 rangefinder.  I don't use a GPS b/c it's hard to read b/c I'm starting to get presbyopia   :)  Notwithstanding...I'm a range finder guy, not a GPS guy....but that's another thread.

Chip, do you find it difficult to hold the 1600 steady? I'm getting up there myself and that is one of my concerns.

#30 ChipDriver

ChipDriver

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:57 AM

View PostSean2, on 08 March 2011 - 08:22 AM, said:

View PostChipDriver, on 08 March 2011 - 07:58 AM, said:

Chip, do you find it difficult to hold the 1600 steady? I'm getting up there myself and that is one of my concerns.

I don't but a trick is to pull your arms into your body if your arms are weak or your hands shake.  The 1600 also has a very large viewfinder so that should help too.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors