Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 8 votes

Swing weight factors in relation to parts

422 replies to this topic

#421 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,981 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
GolfWRX Likes : 5263

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:38 AM

View Postgripandrip, on 14 January 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

I used to hit a 45 inch 910D2, very consistent and controllable, but too much spin. I was fit into a EPIC SZ at 45.5 inches. Fitter saw no real value to reducing the shaft length. While I am getting comfortable with the longer shaft, I have still not gotten back to my previous level of control or confidence.

Find a better fitter.  No am's should be playing a driver that long. Shortening the playing length is the best way to help with consistency and control issue.s

If I read above correctly, I will need to add 6 grams to the head to have consistent swingweight.  Do these rules hold for a driver?

Those rules were never meant to be used in the context of adjusting SW after changing playing length.  Or more accurately, those rules are for adjusting SW but maintaining the same SW at different lengths (or in the context of many other changes) does NOT mean maintaining the same feel.

Just follow the tutorial here on adjusting length and swing weight and you should be fine.
http://www.golfwrx.c...up-diy-fitting/

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#422 flyingwedges2

flyingwedges2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257236
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

View Post78blades, on 06 October 2011 - 04:05 AM, said:

georgiaboy

I do agree that the upper end manufacturing is better, but the OEM's don't really seem to care very much when assembling the clubs. This is why I take my club apart and weigh the heads. I've had 4i head weigh more than 5i head, and that was a set of Mizuno's! After I corrected that, that set of clubs played very good. This is also why I won't buy new clubs from the OEM. I end up taking them apart and weighing & spining and that voids the warrenty. Less expensive to buy a relatively little used set for me, so thats what I do now.

What did you do to the 4 iron head to reduce the weight?

#423 gripandrip

gripandrip

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121337
GolfWRX Likes : 214

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

View PostStuart G., on 15 January 2018 - 04:38 AM, said:

I used to hit a 45 inch 910D2, very consistent and controllable, but too much spin. I was fit into a EPIC SZ at 45.5 inches. Fitter saw no real value to reducing the shaft length. While I am getting comfortable with the longer shaft, I have still not gotten back to my previous level of control or confidence.

Find a better fitter.  No am's should be playing a driver that long. Shortening the playing length is the best way to help with consistency and control issue.s

If I read above correctly, I will need to add 6 grams to the head to have consistent swingweight.  Do these rules hold for a driver?

Those rules were never meant to be used in the context of adjusting SW after changing playing length.  Or more accurately, those rules are for adjusting SW but maintaining the same SW at different lengths (or in the context of many other changes) does NOT mean maintaining the same feel.

Just follow the tutorial here on adjusting length and swing weight and you should be fine.
http://www.golfwrx.c...up-diy-fitting/

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors