Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

2011 PGA Show - Wilson Demo Day Pics

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

• Marshals
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:00 AM

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Smoothduffer

Smoothduffer

Fantastico

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114680
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:28 PM

WOW niiice pics, i would spend the whole day at W/S's tents. The new FG Tour wedges are in my opinion by far the best looking wedge in the game  i cant wait to hit them. I'm excited to hit the DXI driver and fairways too, they look ok but i really wanna see how they perform. I'm not interested in replacing my Ci9's and my fybrids will never go anywhere, LOL but nothing else in my bag is safe. I will be looking for a new putter sometime this year but, i am not interested in the new Vizor. Not only is it ugly but, i got to roll a few balls with it and it felt terrible to me, it just does not fit my putting stroke at all. Did you guys hit any of the W/S clubs? I would especially like to hear what you about the DXI driver and fairways and the FG Tour wedges if you hit them that is.

#3 acpar72

acpar72

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18378
  • Ebay ID:acpar72
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:29 PM

Sorry for thinking out loud...Wilson looks like it could be sold at Golfsmith or Walmart.
Nike Covert Fuji X
Nike Covert Fuji X
NIke T40 Tour 17 X
Ping Eye 2 2-SW
Cobra Trusty Rusty 61*
Ping Shea H

#4 btasse

btasse

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52926
  • Ebay ID:btasse-1944
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

These are some nice looking clubs and probably as good or better than some of the big name golf companies. Too bad they made a bad decision in the past to sell their clubs at retail stores..... They cant seem to shake that image of being cheap clubs...... and i'm sure they are not.

#5 zan3pric3

zan3pric3

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105205

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

View Postacpar72, on 27 January 2011 - 04:29 PM, said:

Sorry for thinking out loud...Wilson looks like it could be sold at Golfsmith or Walmart.

Let me know which WalMart you have found irons like that!

Callaway RHT; Harrison Mugen Proto 60x
Callaway Razr Fit; Fujikura Speeder 8.3x
Callaway X Tour (2); Razr X Forged (3)
Callaway Razr X MB (4-P); Project X 6.5
Callaway JAWS CC (52, 58); TTDG X100
Odyssey WHXG #9 (SpryEvo Custom)
WITB Link

#6 philsRHman

philsRHman

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100923
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

Every conversation about Wilson goes back to them being Wal-Mart clubs. It's crazy to me, as someone who has played Wilson Staff irons about 90 pct of my golfing life. I guess the bottom line is they gain a perception and it'll be hard to break. I got a set of FG Tours late last year and even though I only got a couple rounds in, I'm super pumped to get back on the course with them in the bag.

#7 acpar72

acpar72

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18378
  • Ebay ID:acpar72
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

I shouldnt have said it. Wilson is only guilty of the same things that every other OEM is. They are putting too many bells and whistles on the clubs. The thing about wilson is to me they seem to lack craftsmanship. They need to get back closer to their roots. The FG 62 is a good start.
Nike Covert Fuji X
Nike Covert Fuji X
NIke T40 Tour 17 X
Ping Eye 2 2-SW
Cobra Trusty Rusty 61*
Ping Shea H

#8 Smoothduffer

Smoothduffer

Fantastico

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

View Postacpar72, on 28 January 2011 - 10:27 AM, said:

I shouldnt have said it. Wilson is only guilty of the same things that every other OEM is. They are putting too many bells and whistles on the clubs. The thing about wilson is to me they seem to lack craftsmanship. They need to get back closer to their roots. The FG 62 is a good start.

They lack craftsmanship LMAO seriously???  Their blades have been classy since the 20's and if you think the FG Tours irons and wedges are not classy looking you should get glasses. The rest of their line has no more bells and whistles than any other companies so i guess you think every company should move their line to wal-mart.  And just so you know the Staff line has NEVER been sold at wal-mart only the regular wilson line has and they are completely different.

Edited by Smoothduffer, 28 January 2011 - 01:38 PM.

#9 gunmetal

gunmetal

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6904
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

View Postacpar72, on 28 January 2011 - 10:27 AM, said:

The FG Tour Irons don't lack craftsmanship anymore than any forged cb iron from the big pay for play companies.  You are right that companies that release new clubs every year are seriously stretching with all of their inserts and badges.  Gotta do what it takes to please the shareholders, lol!

#10 napoleoncomplex

napoleoncomplex

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67837

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

Was that a non-fat shaft di11?  Appears to be.  Can any one confirm or deny?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 Asleep

Asleep

• Marshals
  • 8,473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:43 PM

View Postnapoleoncomplex, on 29 January 2011 - 01:25 PM, said:

I honestly cannot recall at this point, sorry.

Let me see what I can find out next week.
Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.

#12 brad_mcwhirt

brad_mcwhirt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71535
  • Ebay ID:brad_mcwhirt
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

The FG62 are one of the best looking blades for 2011.
Ping Rapture: 9* with Aldila NV 75-S
Ping G5: 13* with Aldila NV 75-S
Ping G5: 18* with Aldila NV 75-S
Ping i5: 3-PW with CS Lite Stiff
Ping iWedge: 56* with CS Lite Stiff
Ping iWedge: 60* with CS Lite Stiff

#13 Smoothduffer

Smoothduffer

Fantastico

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:06 AM

I cant tell if it is or not but, i do know they can be ordered with standard shafts this year. The FST stepless shaft that comes in the Ci9's, and the half and half shaft i think are the options and they are available in reg. stiff and sr. flexes. The widetip shaft is available in uniflex, stiff and sr. flexes also so, its not the widetip uniflex only option as it has been in the first 3 editions of the Di series. You can check all the options out on their website, i may not have it all right but, i'm close.

#14 napoleoncomplex

napoleoncomplex

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:51 AM

View PostSmoothduffer, on 31 January 2011 - 02:06 AM, said:

I cant tell if it is or not but, i do know they can be ordered with standard shafts this year. The FST stepless shaft that comes in the Ci9's, and the half and half shaft i think are the options and they are available in reg. stiff and sr. flexes. The widetip shaft is available in uniflex, stiff and sr. flexes also so, its not the widetip uniflex only option as it has been in the first 3 editions of the Di series. You can check all the options out on their website, i may not have it all right but, i'm close.

#15 napoleoncomplex

napoleoncomplex

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:52 AM

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

#16 Smoothduffer

Smoothduffer

Fantastico

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

View Postnapoleoncomplex, on 31 January 2011 - 07:52 AM, said:

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

No problem .... i gamed the Di7's for about a year and they were great irons. I decided to upgrade a couple of months ago and it came down to the Di11's and the Ci9's. I went with the Ci9's because i wanted more of a players iron and i figure if i need the extra forgivness i still have the Di7's. I was really close to getting the 11's tho and the shaft options were the main reason but in the end i think i was just to impatient to wait till they came out. I am happy with my choice and, i really luv my Ci9's ALOT but, the more i look at those 11's and think about all of the shaft options the more i want them too, lol. Its a hopeless journey cause the grass is always greener over there :russian_roulette:

#17 SoldGold

SoldGold

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87406
  • Ebay ID:drew5376
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

Is it just the angle of the pic or does that driver have a ton of offset?

#18 Smoothduffer

Smoothduffer

Fantastico

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:53 AM

View PostSoldGold, on 31 January 2011 - 09:43 PM, said:

Is it just the angle of the pic or does that driver have a ton of offset?

The first driver pictured is the HL (high loft) version and yes it has more offset. The second driver pictured is the 9* and i dont think it or the 8* and 10.5* have any offset or atleast not nearly as much.

#19 Bob_golf1

Bob_golf1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9043

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:42 AM

You wont find better equipment on the market. Its bad perception by the general public. Whats wrong with Golfsmith?

#20 TempusFugit

TempusFugit

Acquafragile

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52034

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

You will not find WS stuff anywhere near Wal-Mart or K-Mart, but Costco here in Quebec City always stocks Callaway (Fusion irons, gloves, balls etc.) and who says that Callaway is junk because of that ?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 jmlloyd

jmlloyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37474

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

Di11 is available with the standard tip Half & Half shaft.  Awesome!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors