Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Adams Idea Tech V3


21 replies to this topic

Poll: Adams Idea Tech V3 (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinion Count!

  1. 5 (Best) (20 votes [57.14%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 57.14%

  2. 4 (12 votes [34.29%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 34.29%

  3. 3 (1 votes [2.86%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.86%

  4. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  5. 1 (2 votes [5.71%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 G.Review

G.Review

    Tour Winner

  • Forum Review
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24339
  • Joined: 01/20/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

What do you think?

Adams Idea Tech V3.jpg


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 parpar41

parpar41

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21432
  • Joined: 11/06/2006
  • Location:Montreal, QC
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:04 PM

I think it sure is purdy.

#3 vulcan

vulcan

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88614
  • Joined: 07/15/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

I like that they aren't huge, and they are more iron like in size compared to some hybrids. I'm hoping to pick up a full set of these clubs this year, if I find I like how they feel at a demo day.

#4 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Sophie Horn. Wilson Staff. Seriously.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 2024

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

The best Adams has done to date.  In a nice small package and really gets the ball out there.  Wonderful hybrid!

#5 OhioCanuck

OhioCanuck

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119566
  • Joined: 12/29/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

I've read that the finish isn't very durable, wears off after a couple of uses, has anyone seen that to be true?


#6 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Sophie Horn. Wilson Staff. Seriously.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 2024

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:58 PM

View PostOhioCanuck, on 03 February 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

I've read that the finish isn't very durable, wears off after a couple of uses, has anyone seen that to be true?
So far no.  Got some range time, and I have had no issues.

#7 scooterush

scooterush

    HELLLO BALL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106298
  • Joined: 04/14/2010
  • Location:Staten Island, New York
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

i started a thread trying to find out more on v3 and did not get much response. i hope more people share there expirience with this club.

#8 crazygolfnut

crazygolfnut

    CrazyGolfNut

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3580
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:NEBRASKA
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

Do these tend to draw or fade?
Ping Driver G25 - 9.5
Callaway XHot fairway woods
Titleist 710 AP1 irons - 6 to GW
Titleist Vokey wedges SM5 56s & 60m
Callaway HEX Chrome Yellow
Rife Mid Mallet 400 w/ SuperStroke 3.0

#9 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Sophie Horn. Wilson Staff. Seriously.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 2024

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:38 AM

Got to put it in play this weekend.

This hybrid is smaller than the Super Hybrid, and in my book, that's a good thing.  They say it's built on the same chassis, and you can see it, but the overall look is smaller.  It lets you get away with alot.  If you swing too steep, you'll make contact.  Sweep too much, you'll still make contact.  

For the first round of the year, I performed decently with it for the first real time in anger.  It's long.  Very long and accurate.  Unaltered, it performs with a very slight fade to straight flight.  I had Adams bend mine a little upright to make it go the opposite way (slight draw to straight).  Stock shafts are 60g which makes the ball get up in a hurry and the length is pretty remarkable.  My best shot of the day was a 179 yard strike with the 5i hybrid out of the right rough (soft, slightly muddy turf) to 25 feet of the pin.  The best I could have asked for given that situation.

Overall a very nice hybrid.  I say the best they've done still because I went away from Adams because they just started to look too funky.  They've gone back to a more traditional look and gave a big technology punch to allow different types of hitters to use the same stick.  I was very happy with it and will have these for some time.

#10 dpb5031

dpb5031

    Major Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67947
  • Joined: 10/21/2008
  • Location:Central NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 282

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

View Postscooterush, on 05 February 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

i started a thread trying to find out more on v3 and did not get much response. i hope more people share there expirience with this club.



I got the #6 hybrid for my daughter for Christmas.  After hitting hers several times into our net, I decided to order the #4 for myself.  The feel at impact is that good!   Hers has the stock Bassara shaft, but I ordered mine with the Matrix Ozik Altus shaft which is a no-charge option from Adams (thanks Discount Dans).  I also ordered it slightly shorter in length than standard.  I put the club in play on a recent trip to the Caribbean and it performed exceptionally well.  I also got to hit it side-by-side against my buddy's pro black.  IMO no comparison.  The V3 is way easier to hit and feels much better and is longer at similar lofts.  The ball flight is high and flat.  I am a high launch/high spin 5 handicap.  I could work the ball with this club both directions.  It launches nice and high, but no spinners.  The club head also seems to sit ever so slightly open at address, unlike some other manufacturers hook machines.


These hybrids get progressively larger as you go down in loft, so the #3 hybrid is larger than the #4 and so on.  I'm not sure  if I would like anything larger than the #4, but I'm sure many players would.  The #5 and #6 are really cool for player who don't like long irons.

I give this hybrid my highest rating and think although it was made as more of a game improvement stick, better players are going to migrate to this club and will love it if they put the right shaft in it.  The V3 is a winner!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#11 Lenny Intensity

Lenny Intensity

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59325
  • Joined: 07/01/2008
  • Location:WA
  • Handicap:6.7
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:49 AM

5 stars for me.  Love my V3 head, but hated the Bassara..... a 65 g shaft in a club originally designed to replace irons, no me gusta.  Reshafted my 22* with an Accra XH 105 and I love it.  Mine also was ordered 2* flat which I think helps given the tendency for hybrids to be too upright for most people.  Wants to go straight, can even work a fade.  Side note, I tried to order mine with an Altus for no upcharge through Golfsmith.... twice.... and got two Bassaras, so after a month at that point I gave up.  Think I've found a winner, and just ordered up a 19* head off ebay as well as a pair of Accra shafts (68 bucks shipped for the pair).
Ping G25 9.5* Fuji Fuel 70x
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5*/20.5* Speeder 9.9
Nike VRS Forged C-Taper KBS Tour S 4-P
Callway Mack Daddy 2 47*/54*/60*
Scotty Cameron California Fastback

#12 Travis_can't_golf

Travis_can't_golf

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125936
  • Joined: 04/04/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

I am just getting back into the golf world after taking about a 10 year break so my game is really not very good.  I typically shoot around 110-115 on a par 72 course but my game is improving ( I have about 5 rounds under my belt).  So I did some research and found that the Adams Idea tech v3 hybrid irons were rated very high and that they are a very good game improvement set of clubs.  I Picked up a set off of ebay for $450 and played my first round with them last Saturday and all I can say is WOW I am very impressed with the distance, the accuracy and the straight flight of the ball.  These clubs made me fell like a pro as they are easily 2-3 clubs longer than my ping i3 oversized irons.  I was able to make 3 long shots onto the green from 170, 176, and 100 yards and each time the ball flew high long and straight and the ball stuck hard.  For someone like me with a 30 handicap that is quite an achievement.  The 7 hybrid iron is easily longer than my 5 iron in the ping set.  The added weights on the hybrid irons easily adds a great amount of feel to the swing and when you contact the ball it is a feeling like butter as the club face launches the ball.   In my opinion the Hybrid Irons are far superior to the traditional cavity backed irons.  The Adams clubs are very forgiving and even on mis-hits the ball flew long and straight.  I know that with a few lessons and If I can learn how to hit my driver straight consistently I can be playing in the 90's in a short amount of time. These clubs are light weight easy to hit and fly great and while my knowledge is limited I can say that for me these clubs are amazing.

#13 peanutandjelly

peanutandjelly

    pinging away

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127164
  • Joined: 04/21/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

View PostTravis_can, on 04 April 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

I am just getting back into the golf world after taking about a 10 year break so my game is really not very good.  I typically shoot around 110-115 on a par 72 course but my game is improving ( I have about 5 rounds under my belt).  So I did some research and found that the Adams Idea tech v3 hybrid irons were rated very high and that they are a very good game improvement set of clubs.  I Picked up a set off of ebay for $450 and played my first round with them last Saturday and all I can say is WOW I am very impressed with the distance, the accuracy and the straight flight of the ball.  These clubs made me fell like a pro as they are easily 2-3 clubs longer than my ping i3 oversized irons.  I was able to make 3 long shots onto the green from 170, 176, and 100 yards and each time the ball flew high long and straight and the ball stuck hard.  For someone like me with a 30 handicap that is quite an achievement.  The 7 hybrid iron is easily longer than my 5 iron in the ping set.  The added weights on the hybrid irons easily adds a great amount of feel to the swing and when you contact the ball it is a feeling like butter as the club face launches the ball.   In my opinion the Hybrid Irons are far superior to the traditional cavity backed irons.  The Adams clubs are very forgiving and even on mis-hits the ball flew long and straight.  I know that with a few lessons and If I can learn how to hit my driver straight consistently I can be playing in the 90's in a short amount of time. These clubs are light weight easy to hit and fly great and while my knowledge is limited I can say that for me these clubs are amazing.
pro as they are easily 2-3 clubs longer than my ping i3 oversized irons...the only problem I have is that they changed all the loft angles so you can't easily replace a club that is in your bag with the same number of the adams.  I loved the 7 iron at the store but it is the same loft as my odler adams 6 iron.  Because I carry several cleveland hybrids, I would have to replace a few of them in order to have the proper gapping. (callaway and tayjor made did the same thing recently).  Then they brag about being the longest 7 iron, etc.

but I do like the v3s and wish they didn't charge 200 bucks for one club if you are not buying the set.  I did see one 7 hybrid in the very small head style that you can subsiitute and it is a 31 degree.
G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6
Every kind of wedge there is

#14 Thrillamanjaro

Thrillamanjaro

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124597
  • Joined: 03/15/2011
  • Location:Joliet, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:52 AM

What are the shaft options for this? I saw somewhere a few people had a black Ozik in it... is there a pro model available?

#15 hashrogers

hashrogers

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138069
  • Joined: 08/30/2011
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

i just bought this recently and my first round was like wow! from the rough, the minute it struck the ball just took off. Straight! the whole round was amazing. great club. Very easy to hit!


#16 mark092974

mark092974

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124458
  • Joined: 03/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

I bought the 4i with the Bassara shaft and I was ready to send it back.  After having it reshafted with a V2 it's become my favorite club of all time.  I can hit fades and draws, I use it to hit punches, off the tee with 1/2 and 3/4 swings etc...I can't speak more highly of this club.

#17 rlogolf1

rlogolf1

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120494
  • Joined: 01/13/2011
  • Location:Charleston, IL
  • Ebay ID:rlogofl9
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostOhioCanuck, on 03 February 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

I've read that the finish isn't very durable, wears off after a couple of uses, has anyone seen that to be true?

The finish on both of my hyrbids has held up very well.

#18 Dr. Shankenstein

Dr. Shankenstein

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121184
  • Joined: 01/27/2011
  • Location:Seattle
  • Ebay ID:mdcmdeal
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

For those of you who reshafted their V3, did you have any problem with swing weighting? The V3 #3 is 16 grams lighter than my A4 #3 and trying to swap shafts is creating a swingweight conundrum. A dry fit of the V3 measures at a C3 while the A4 measures D1 with the same shaft.
TM SLDR 10.5* Fubuki Alpha 60x5ct
Cally X-Hot 17* 4w stock PxV
Cally X-Hot 22* & 19* stock shafts
Bridgestone J38 DPC 5-P NSPro 1050GH
SnakeEyes 695lz 54*&60* DG spinners
Rife Aussie Mallet/Rife Abaco
WITB Link

#19 Qegurezi

Qegurezi

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,299 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29176
  • Joined: 05/19/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 110

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostDr. Shankenstein, on 28 September 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

For those of you who reshafted their V3, did you have any problem with swing weighting? The V3 #3 is 16 grams lighter than my A4 #3 and trying to swap shafts is creating a swingweight conundrum. A dry fit of the V3 measures at a C3 while the A4 measures D1 with the same shaft.


The V3 #3 is manufactured to play 3/4" longer than the A4OS so there's about  4.5 SW points covered. Via the manufacturer the V3 was made D0, the A4OS D1 so thats up to 5.5 SW points. 60 vs 65 gram stock shafts so that's near enough to 6 points. I wouldn't be surprised if the V3 had a lighter grip either. 16 grams of headweight is huge tho.

So yeah, at any rate you'd be looking at retaining the extra 3/4" length to have a fighting chance. You could look at shaft weight too, but that may be getting away from preference.

#20 Dr. Shankenstein

Dr. Shankenstein

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121184
  • Joined: 01/27/2011
  • Location:Seattle
  • Ebay ID:mdcmdeal
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

View PostQegurezi, on 29 September 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

View PostDr. Shankenstein, on 28 September 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

For those of you who reshafted their V3, did you have any problem with swing weighting? The V3 #3 is 16 grams lighter than my A4 #3 and trying to swap shafts is creating a swingweight conundrum. A dry fit of the V3 measures at a C3 while the A4 measures D1 with the same shaft.


The V3 #3 is manufactured to play 3/4" longer than the A4OS so there's about  4.5 SW points covered. Via the manufacturer the V3 was made D0, the A4OS D1 so thats up to 5.5 SW points. 60 vs 65 gram stock shafts so that's near enough to 6 points. I wouldn't be surprised if the V3 had a lighter grip either. 16 grams of headweight is huge tho.

So yeah, at any rate you'd be looking at retaining the extra 3/4" length to have a fighting chance. You could look at shaft weight too, but that may be getting away from preference.
I was hoping to pair that head with the NV 85S and which was cut down to play of the progression of my irons. Oh well, back to the old drawing board.

TM SLDR 10.5* Fubuki Alpha 60x5ct
Cally X-Hot 17* 4w stock PxV
Cally X-Hot 22* & 19* stock shafts
Bridgestone J38 DPC 5-P NSPro 1050GH
SnakeEyes 695lz 54*&60* DG spinners
Rife Aussie Mallet/Rife Abaco
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#21 Dugan408

Dugan408

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97174
  • Joined: 10/23/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

I gave this hybrid a 1 due to the lightweight shaft in it. When you swing this club with the bassara shaft in it it feels like you're swinging at air.

#22 aso2b

aso2b

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93021
  • Joined: 08/27/2009
  • Location:Austin, Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

I have two of these -- a 3H and 4H, both with Altus shafts (not the whippy Bassara).  Fantastic hybrids, but I've replaced them.  PM me if you're interested.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors