Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Adams Redline RPM Dual driver weights

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pirate

Pirate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119802
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

I picked up a slightly used Adams Redline RPM driver, the one with the dual weights--heel and toe.  There was none of the extra weights available from the place that i got this used (no weight wrench either although a search here indicated that a certain sized allen wrench works just fine at removing and inserting these).  Anyway, I got this thing for like 35 bucks which I couldn't resist since it has the green Aldila NV 65 stiff shaft which costs twice as much as I paid for the whole club and I tested it at the range before I bought it and I cranked every single drive right down the middle with a slight draw and really good distance.  I know it's not the latest and greatest that's out there, but for an adjustable weight driver that I can crush, how can you go wrong at that price?

Anyway, I hit ths thing so sweet that I may never adjust these weights, but I'd still like to have the extra ones in case I ever have the desire to tinker with it.  The problem is that these weight kits are just not available.  Unless you get lucky on ebay and happen to see someone selling them, you can't get them.  I checked all the major golf retailers...not in stock...and I even called Adams and they don't make these weights anymore (apparently they changed the design of their removable club weights a couple years ago and stopped making the type that's used in the Redline RPM.

Of course, a look at the taylormade website shows that they carry several different weight kits for their clubs.  So, the question is, has anybody ever tried a TM weight in an Adams redline RPM driver to see if the screw fits?  The picture of the TM weights look exactly like the Adams weights, but I have no way of knowing the size of the threads by looking at the picture.  Just wondered if anyone here had access to both clubs and had ever tried to put the TM weights into the Adams driver.

By the way, if anyone knows where I can pick up Adams weights or has some that they want to dump, let me know.  Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• rpm460dual.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors