Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

ping red dot vs blue dot shaft length

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigeasy

bigeasy

Bigeasy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3724
  • Handicap:6.0
  • Ebay ID:ilovetopar
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

i have a set of red dot G10 irons standard length and i set of i10s blue dot standard length. when i place these irons on the table side by side, the red dots are 1/4 or more longer, ping is telling me this is normal due to difference in lie angle, pics are shown. please give me some input

Edited by bigeasy, 11 January 2011 - 06:02 PM.

TaylorMade R1 10.5 stiff
Ping G20 16.5 stiff
Taylormade Stage 2 20* hybrid
Ping i10 3-9 Ping tour w 47* PW
Ping Redwood Piper Superstroke 5.0
Ping Tour W 56sw, 60lw, Titleist 52 gw *

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 titleist1

titleist1

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 752 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8716
  • Handicap:3.5
  • Ebay ID:601dcraft310
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

Hmmm, Why would lie angle have anything to do with shaft length? Clubs are measured from the end of the shaft to the heel of the sole. Looks to me like one is 1/4" over standard. I mean when you have the lie angles adjusted at the golf shop do the shafts grow a 1/4" on the way home!

Edited by titleist1, 11 January 2011 - 12:09 AM.

Titleist 913D2 w/ UST Attas 7X
Titleist 913F 15* w/ Accuflex VS993
Titleist 910H 21* w/ UST Attas Prototype
Titleist 910H 24* w/ UST Attas 85
Vokey 51,55 & 60 custom wedges
Titleist 712 AP1 5-PW DGS400

#3 SUArmy

SUArmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90175
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:28 PM

View Postbigeasy, on 10 January 2011 - 11:59 PM, said:

i have a set of red dot G10 irons standard length and i set of i10s blue dot standard length. when i place these irons on a table or on the floor side by side, the red dots are 1/4 or more longer, ping is telling me this is normal due to difference in lie angle, pics are shown. please give me some input

View Posttitleist1, on 11 January 2011 - 12:09 AM, said:

Hmmm, Why would lie angle have anything to do with shaft length? Clubs are measured from the end of the shaft to the heel of the sole. Looks to me like one is 1/4" over standard. I mean when you have the lie angles adjusted at the golf shop do the shafts grow a 1/4" on the way home!

If you set the clubs on the floor standing up, then lie angle would certainly effect the perceived length of the club. But the way you have them on the table shows that you have the bores in the same place. My only thought is that because you're using 2 different types of grips, the end caps or one brand could have more material in them than the other, and/or the grips weren't seated properly when gripped. I had this issue with a set of iron I bought second hand where whomever re-gripped the clubs, didn't seat the grips properly and it made my 6 and 7 irons appear to be the same length, and my PW was longer than my 9 iron.

Edited by SUArmy, 11 January 2011 - 01:33 PM.

#4 jcosjrgolf

jcosjrgolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1042
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

View Postbigeasy, on 10 January 2011 - 11:59 PM, said:

i have a set of red dot G10 irons standard length and i set of i10s blue dot standard length. when i place these irons on a table or on the floor side by side, the red dots are 1/4 or more longer, ping is telling me this is normal due to difference in lie angle, pics are shown. please give me some input

They should be the same length.

#5 coluccim

coluccim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16006
  • Ebay ID:quickray73
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

With Ping, everything is based off of color code.

If you are a red dot - you will "fit" into every red dot regardless of length ordered.  Thus the red dots you have will have a slightly flatter lie than a red dot with a shorter shaft.

Michael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors