Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

epon ems driver reviews?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 boycer11

boycer11

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,770 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80867
  • Ebay ID:mboyce1249
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

When the weather got nicer, if it ever does, I was thinking about trying one of these or the taylormade superfast 2.0. Was just wondering how everybody the ems.

Ping G30 10* rogue 125 60 stiff
Ping K15 # & 5 wood stock stiff
Ping karsten 5hybrid
Ping karsten 6-sw steelfiber i95
Ping Gorge LW
Taylormade JDM itsy spider

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 idrive

idrive

gone golfin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31830
  • Ebay ID:golfer84770
GolfWRX Likes : 168

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:41 AM

I love mine. Been in the bag longer than any other driver has been in a long time.

Does not sound anything like the original em-b. Very solid sound and feel. You can
work the ball but it prefers to go straight. It is as forgiving as any driver I've hit.

Big test coming up next week....

#3 big67

big67

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75361
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:20 AM

View Postidrive, on 06 February 2011 - 03:41 AM, said:

What's coming next week?

#4 Spoon

Spoon

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28217
  • Ebay ID:carlo12377
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:47 AM

i have used the ems for over a year, when swing is not at its best i will use this. very long and straight!
you cant go wrong, feels solid and very forgiving.

#5 boycer11

boycer11

Major Winner

• 1,770 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:41 PM

Thanks for the reviews guys.  I almost gave up on getting any.  You guys give any feedback on how it compares to the recent Taylormade stuff or Titleist 910?  

Did you guys get yours from tourspec?

idrive, let us know how it goes!

What shaft you guys using? Swing speed and shot tendencies?  

I am around 102 swing speed and can sometimes fight the right side.  I usually a low ball hitter, so need a higher launching shaft.

Edited by boycer11, 06 February 2011 - 01:44 PM.

Ping karsten 5hybrid
Ping Gorge LW

#6 Spoon

Spoon

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:47 AM

View Postboycer11, on 06 February 2011 - 01:41 PM, said:

Thanks for the reviews guys.  I almost gave up on getting any.  You guys give any feedback on how it compares to the recent Taylormade stuff or Titleist 910?  

Did you guys get yours from tourspec?

idrive, let us know how it goes!

What shaft you guys using? Swing speed and shot tendencies?  

I am around 102 swing speed and can sometimes fight the right side.  I usually a low ball hitter, so need a higher launching shaft.

i have a ss of around 108 i use a oban devotion 65s on the ems, current gamer is a epon 102 with graphite design di6s.
i defintely suggest you take a look at the DI. it is high launching and super low spin but im pulling it out in favor of the
quadra fire express. my launch is too high in the DI.

#7 boycer11

boycer11

Major Winner

• 1,770 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:03 AM

Nice driver setups you have their. Please post or pm me on how you like that quadra fire express spoon. Was tempted to look at the crazy driver and shaft instead of the epon though.
Ping karsten 5hybrid
Ping Gorge LW

#8 Spoon

Spoon

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

View Postboycer11, on 07 February 2011 - 10:03 AM, said:

Nice driver setups you have their. Please post or pm me on how you like that quadra fire express spoon. Was tempted to look at the crazy driver and shaft instead of the epon though.

my dad has the ems shafted with the quadra fire express 55r. although its only 55 i had a go with it. soft but extremely stable and STRAIGHT. i balloned but i easily carried my drives with the di by about 20 yards. and this was balooning. im assuming i will have great success with the 65s or sx. thats the whole reason why i am swapping. if i did not try my dads club i would not have known about the beauty of quadras benefits. sometimes the less you know the cheaper it is

#9 Duffy19

Duffy19

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27822
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

View PostSpoon, on 07 February 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

View Postboycer11, on 07 February 2011 - 10:03 AM, said:

my dad has the ems shafted with the quadra fire express 55r. although its only 55 i had a go with it. soft but extremely stable and STRAIGHT. i balloned but i easily carried my drives with the di by about 20 yards. and this was balooning. im assuming i will have great success with the 65s or sx. thats the whole reason why i am swapping. if i did not try my dads club i would not have known about the beauty of quadras benefits. sometimes the less you know the cheaper it is

C, I have the same set up as your dad, EMS with the FE55 R.  I like the shaft so much and now have one on the 151.  Somehow Crazy does nothing for me so I have given it up.  I don't find the FE is particularly high spin (ballooning) but definitely very stable.

#10 boycer11

boycer11

Major Winner

• 1,770 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

So what quadra shaft would you guys recommend for me in a 10.5 ems. My swing speed is around 102-105, usually need a med to high launch shaft, with med spin.

Ping karsten 5hybrid
Ping Gorge LW

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 boycer11

boycer11

Major Winner

• 1,770 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:24 AM

I'm thinking quadra fire express 65s, but tourspec said it is pretty low torque which has me a little concerned. Course it says the epon ems is out of stock anyway.
Ping karsten 5hybrid
Ping Gorge LW

#12 Spoon

Spoon

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

View Postboycer11, on 08 February 2011 - 08:44 AM, said:

So what quadra shaft would you guys recommend for me in a 10.5 ems. My swing speed is around 102-105, usually need a med to high launch shaft, with med spin.

get the quadra fEX 65 s/r. it will be perfect for your swing.

#13 idrive

idrive

gone golfin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:17 AM

View Postbig67, on 06 February 2011 - 04:20 AM, said:

What's coming next week?

I hate to admit I'm even going to try something else because of the success I am having with the ems/crazy combo. I hit some bombs today with the ems that had the folks I was playing with wanting to know everything about this driver and shaft. FWIW, it seems the more I go after the ems/crazy the better it goes. A gentle, baby swing does not produce results. Give it a rip and admire.

Ryoma w/fire express (quadra) will be here in a couple of days for an on course shoot out.

If if the Ryoma takes the ems/crazy out of the bag.... I don't believe it can...

Stay tuned!!!

#14 Spoon

Spoon

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:46 AM

View Postidrive, on 09 February 2011 - 03:17 AM, said:

View Postbig67, on 06 February 2011 - 04:20 AM, said:

What's coming next week?

I hate to admit I'm even going to try something else because of the success I am having with the ems/crazy combo. I hit some bombs today with the ems that had the folks I was playing with wanting to know everything about this driver and shaft. FWIW, it seems the more I go after the ems/crazy the better it goes. A gentle, baby swing does not produce results. Give it a rip and admire.

Ryoma w/fire express (quadra) will be here in a couple of days for an on course shoot out.

If if the Ryoma takes the ems/crazy out of the bag.... I don't believe it can...

Stay tuned!!!

tought act to beat but if theres anything that can its the QUADRA! i just got my hands on the QFX 2 hours ago and am having it installed today.

#15 smack

smack

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7565

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:37 PM

View Postboycer11, on 08 February 2011 - 09:24 AM, said:

I'm thinking quadra fire express 65s, but tourspec said it is pretty low torque which has me a little concerned. Course it says the epon ems is out of stock anyway.

Hey boycer,

I am from St. Louis too!

Have you tried going to Midwest Golf Lab? You can try out all the shafts you want before buying something that may not suit your needs. I bought my Epon 101 driver/shaft combo and am very happy. You may pay more cost wise, but at least you won't be stuck with a driver/shaft combo that might not suit your needs and have to spend more later.

Best regards,

Smack

#16 boycer11

boycer11

Major Winner

• 1,770 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

Smack, thanks. I have been their before and will probably drop by their soon and see what shafts they have. Weather is so bad here in the stl, I'm not in a hurry. Wish I could just get out on the course.

Do you know if they have crazy and quadra shafts? What shaft you have in your driver?
Ping karsten 5hybrid
Ping Gorge LW

#17 smack

smack

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7565

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

View Postboycer11, on 09 February 2011 - 03:36 PM, said:

Smack, thanks. I have been their before and will probably drop by their soon and see what shafts they have. Weather is so bad here in the stl, I'm not in a hurry. Wish I could just get out on the course.

Do you know if they have crazy and quadra shafts? What shaft you have in your driver?

I hear you on the weather! I haven't played since October! I am itching to get back out and play.

I am not sure if they have the crazy or the quadra shafts. I haven't been to the store since September. I was talking to JR about getting a stiffer shaft and he told me that they were adding some new shafts to their stock. I would definitely call before going to make sure they have what you want.

I currently have a Diamana WB stiff. I am thinking about getting a 70 gram Kali X. I tried the WB X and it seemed too much for me back in September. JR recommended trying out the Kali X. I haven't had the chance to try that since they didn't have the Kali X in stock. I hope to get back with them in March/April to try it out.

Good Luck!

smack

#18 boycer11

boycer11

Major Winner

• 1,770 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:27 PM

View Postsmack, on 10 February 2011 - 11:24 AM, said:

View Postboycer11, on 09 February 2011 - 03:36 PM, said:

I hear you on the weather! I haven't played since October! I am itching to get back out and play.

I am not sure if they have the crazy or the quadra shafts. I haven't been to the store since September. I was talking to JR about getting a stiffer shaft and he told me that they were adding some new shafts to their stock. I would definitely call before going to make sure they have what you want.

I currently have a Diamana WB stiff. I am thinking about getting a 70 gram Kali X. I tried the WB X and it seemed too much for me back in September. JR recommended trying out the Kali X. I haven't had the chance to try that since they didn't have the Kali X in stock. I hope to get back with them in March/April to try it out.

Good Luck!

smack

I like kai'li's.  They are a good stick.
Ping karsten 5hybrid
Ping Gorge LW

#19 mo9lff

mo9lff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42791
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

For anyone interested, I will be starting up again April 1st at ProAm Golf South www.proamgolfsouth.com doing my clubfitting and repairs. Good news, I will have an outdoor Trackman! What a treat. U can reach me for now at MO9LFF@charter.net
John Kelly

#20 idrive

idrive

gone golfin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:48 AM

The EMS/Crazy combo can not be beat.

The shaft is a big part of it... no doubt in my mind.

The Head just compliments it.

I have never been so happy with a driver, the honeymoon
period was over months ago as well.

This could be the first setup I wear out.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 boycer11

boycer11

Major Winner

• 1,770 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

Idrive, what is the setup u went with (loft, flex, what's your swing speed, ball flight). Where did you get it from?
Ping karsten 5hybrid
Ping Gorge LW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors