Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Monday Qualifying

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pub

pub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118539
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

Hi,

I have heard some tours have monday qualifying opportunities for amateurs. Do you guys know which tours around the world have monday qualifyings for amateurs? I think on the australasia tour are some events, but I cannot find enough information.

Cheers

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 tigerphan

tigerphan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67329
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

canadian tour you can try to qualify as a am.

#3 freshprince99

freshprince99

Major Winner

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113704
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

you can try to monday qualify for the pga tour, australasian tour, nationwide tour, sunshine tour, canadian tour, challenge tour as an amateur and maybe some other tours. its only fair to warn you though that monday qualifying is very hard to do, often you need to shoot 64 or 63 just to get in. as far as the australasian tour goes it has a reputation amongst pros as one of the hardest tours in the world to get on, im sure you could find many amateur events in your area that would be much easier to qualify for and would give you a good shot of performing well. i have never heard of a professional event on a major tour holding qualifyers just for amateurs, you would have to go compete against the pros.

#4 ncblademan

ncblademan

Major Loser!!!!!!!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120235
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

I think that there is Monday Qualifying on just about every tour out there. I am thinking of trying a Monday Qualifyer for the Hooters Tour in July.

Edited by ncblademan, 10 January 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#5 pub

pub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118539
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for all the answers!!

I did not know there were so many monday qualifying opportunities. I always thought you had to go to qualy school in autumn in order to get to the tour. I was hoping there is one of the development tours that offer monday qualifying where there actually is a chance to go to on to thursday.

How does the monday qualifyings actually work?

Pub

#6 vietnameeh

vietnameeh

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93431
  • Ebay ID:vietnameeh
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

as an amateur

to monday qualify for a pgatour event

you must do the pre-qualifying round get past that then you do the monday qualify

pretty simple just like any qualifying event

i believe other  tours you pay the money and try

if you have the game and money do it

but if you cant qualify for USGA am events... you should maybe spend the money on playing AM tournaments

just like previous posts.... monday qualifiers will be shooting well below par... on courses where scratch golfers will be shooting a couple over (generally speaking)

Edited by vietnameeh, 10 January 2011 - 06:25 PM.

#7 dferrugg

dferrugg

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6597
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

View Postvietnameeh, on 10 January 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

as an amateur

you must do the pre-qualifying round get past that then you do the monday qualify

but if you cant qualify for USGA am events... you should maybe spend the money on playing AM tournaments

just like previous posts.... monday qualifiers will be shooting well below par... on courses where scratch golfers will be shooting a couple over (generally speaking)

+1 the qualifying scores are super low, and normally it is a few dozen people playing for one or two spots after exemptions and so on. Essentially plan on being 5 better than par to have a chance; then hope noone gets too hot!

#8 dferrugg

dferrugg

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6597
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

View Postdferrugg, on 10 January 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

View Postvietnameeh, on 10 January 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

as an amateur

+1 the qualifying scores are super low, and normally it is a few dozen people playing for one or two spots after exemptions and so on. Essentially plan on being 5 better than par to have a chance; then hope noone gets too hot!

To clerify; I am talking about going three under at least on a difficult course with the longest setup it offers. If you have the money to burn go for it; it is a great experience because you will be playing against pros who are competing for a paycheck. You get a good idea of how they prepare and approach the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors