Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

"AGSI" vs. "Pure Roll"


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 onafriday

onafriday

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39284
  • Joined: 09/13/2007
  • Handicap:2.7
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

I'm tempted to have BOS 'ghost' my 2010 Kia Ma Daytona w/ AGSI insert.  

At the same time, I wonder if it'd make more sense to wait for the TM-110 (non-Rossa) Daytona Ghost to come out (the ghost daytona with the moveable weights).

Best i can tell between the two putters is the 2010 Kia Ma has the AGSI insert, but the TM-110 has an insert called 'Pure Roll'.  I can't tell by it doesn't look like the TM-110 is milled, which doesn't really matter to me, given the inserts anyway.

I've also read that the Kia Ma has 3.5* of loft (TM site), the TM-110 has 4* (which is based on what Tour Spec is showing for the JDM release), which is the same as the current Rossa ghost that's out now.

I guess what it comes down to is, are there any real differences in the inserts?

At the same time, packaging and shipping to BOS and the treatment....  the TM-110 is $160 off the rack, so maybe it makes more sense just to grab one when they come out.

What does the group think?  What would be your move?

i25 9.5* w/ 'ahina
xHot Pro 15* w/ Fubuki K
SLDR TP Hybrid 19*
Royal Collection Tour VS (4-PW) X100
Vokey SM5 50F, 54S, 58M
Kingston KP1 w/ SS 2.0

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 lilgarcia

lilgarcia

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37764
  • Joined: 08/20/2007
  • Location:London
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

Ok well lets compare the putters. The Rossa Kia Ma will have the red badge but the TM 110 has no badge so that is more of a visual preference. The AGSI on the Kia Ma is made of Titallium which is a very dense metal and soft ans smooth in feel. The Pureroll is made of stainless steel and will have more of a solid and clicky feel. But there will be no more Kia Ma putters so you could might as well own the last one. Good luck with your choice.

I personally prefer the Kia Ma. Nothing like a peace of art.

#3 onafriday

onafriday

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39284
  • Joined: 09/13/2007
  • Handicap:2.7
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

That makes alot of sense and is very helpful - thanks.

What i'm trying to figure out, in addition to the feel issues you noted, is whether the AGSI on the Kia Ma (Titallium) vs, the Pureroll (stainless steel) and impart more of the overspin / top spin the grooves are intended to produce.

Based on the taylor made forward roll chart that's floating around, it would seem as though the steel would produce LESS of the top / overspin than the Titilium would?

In other words, the Titilum in the Kia Ma would impart more spin and feel better than the steel one would?

That's really what i'm trying to figure out.  Pure Roll = firmer, AGSI = softer.  

But is there any difference in the insert as it relates to the grooves getting the top roll going.

I'd THINK the Kia Ma insert would be better in this regard, given it's the premium offering at the higher price point, but i'd love to confirm somehow.

If that is the case, then maybe it might make sense to just get my Kia Ma BOS'd.

Thanks for the help-
i25 9.5* w/ 'ahina
xHot Pro 15* w/ Fubuki K
SLDR TP Hybrid 19*
Royal Collection Tour VS (4-PW) X100
Vokey SM5 50F, 54S, 58M
Kingston KP1 w/ SS 2.0

#4 onafriday

onafriday

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39284
  • Joined: 09/13/2007
  • Handicap:2.7
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

Perfect solution - the DA-12 Daytona Ghost tour issue from tourspecgolf.

Done and done.
i25 9.5* w/ 'ahina
xHot Pro 15* w/ Fubuki K
SLDR TP Hybrid 19*
Royal Collection Tour VS (4-PW) X100
Vokey SM5 50F, 54S, 58M
Kingston KP1 w/ SS 2.0

#5 Nunan

Nunan

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20162
  • Joined: 10/02/2006
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Ebay ID:chelsacaru
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

View Postonafriday, on 06 January 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

That makes alot of sense and is very helpful - thanks.

What i'm trying to figure out, in addition to the feel issues you noted, is whether the AGSI on the Kia Ma (Titallium) vs, the Pureroll (stainless steel) and impart more of the overspin / top spin the grooves are intended to produce.

Based on the taylor made forward roll chart that's floating around, it would seem as though the steel would produce LESS of the top / overspin than the Titilium would?

In other words, the Titilum in the Kia Ma would impart more spin and feel better than the steel one would?

That's really what i'm trying to figure out.  Pure Roll = firmer, AGSI = softer.  

But is there any difference in the insert as it relates to the grooves getting the top roll going.

I'd THINK the Kia Ma insert would be better in this regard, given it's the premium offering at the higher price point, but i'd love to confirm somehow.

If that is the case, then maybe it might make sense to just get my Kia Ma BOS'd.

Thanks for the help-

Can anyone tell me what BOS'd is referring to?  Thanks


#6 mastapp

mastapp

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95520
  • Joined: 09/29/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:40 AM

View PostNunan, on 29 June 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

View Postonafriday, on 06 January 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

That makes alot of sense and is very helpful - thanks.

What i'm trying to figure out, in addition to the feel issues you noted, is whether the AGSI on the Kia Ma (Titallium) vs, the Pureroll (stainless steel) and impart more of the overspin / top spin the grooves are intended to produce.

Based on the taylor made forward roll chart that's floating around, it would seem as though the steel would produce LESS of the top / overspin than the Titilium would?

In other words, the Titilum in the Kia Ma would impart more spin and feel better than the steel one would?

That's really what i'm trying to figure out.  Pure Roll = firmer, AGSI = softer.  

But is there any difference in the insert as it relates to the grooves getting the top roll going.

I'd THINK the Kia Ma insert would be better in this regard, given it's the premium offering at the higher price point, but i'd love to confirm somehow.

If that is the case, then maybe it might make sense to just get my Kia Ma BOS'd.

Thanks for the help-

Can anyone tell me what BOS'd is referring to?  Thanks

Black Oxide Service (a company that refinishes putters)

#7 minhjn

minhjn

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101642
  • Joined: 01/09/2010
  • Location:Oklahoma
GolfWRX Likes : 136

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

There are two versions of the pure roll. Stainless steel and then a surlyn version, which is pretty soft

#8 2659edward

2659edward

    #insideTMAG

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,843 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Joined: 08/27/2008
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 369

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

View Postlilgarcia, on 06 January 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

Ok well lets compare the putters. The Rossa Kia Ma will have the red badge but the TM 110 has no badge so that is more of a visual preference. The AGSI on the Kia Ma is made of Titallium which is a very dense metal and soft ans smooth in feel. The Pureroll is made of stainless steel and will have more of a solid and clicky feel. But there will be no more Kia Ma putters so you could might as well own the last one. Good luck with your choice.

I personally prefer the Kia Ma. Nothing like a peace of art.

+1    I have 3 Kia Ma's and counting
Twitter:@ Ed _Settle
WITB Link

#9 jg6925

jg6925

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 902 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19927
  • Joined: 09/27/2006
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, Fl
  • Ebay ID:jg6925
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

send it to BOS you wont be disappointed with how great it comes out

#10 itr8

itr8

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51688
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

I have a corza ghost and i havent played golf for about a year since my hip replacement didnt go to plan, the pureroll insert im asking is there rubber between the grooves, because ive just left my putter in the car all these months and i have  found the face off center the rubber is sticking out of the face..... have i been ripped off, or the heat had messed the face up a little?
thanks in advance for any advice


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors