Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

EA Sports Tiger Woods 2012 Masters Edition

100 replies to this topic

#31 Titleist1455

Titleist1455

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50172
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:39 AM

View PostOne_Putt_Blunder, on 04 January 2011 - 04:07 PM, said:

I really hope it will be available for download for the 2011 version. Otherwise ill be out another 60 bucks

ummm sorry.  you'll be out another $60

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 Inochi

Inochi

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117827
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:28 AM

View Postgilbo, on 04 January 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

i blieve i read the game is kinect compatible and ps3move compatible

Can we confirm this is official? With the technology of kinect or ps3move, will it be like an simulator? That would be amazing

#33 noddy

noddy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73816

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:59 AM

Generally not a fan of EA's attempts at (arcade) Golf. They f&^%ed it up royally this year in TW 11. I was pumped for the Ryder Cup edition, went out and bought it on release only to find the rosters were so shallow that the US team was filled with players like Suzanne Petterson, Natalie Gulbis etc...

So LAME.. If you are going to do a golf game make sure it has at least 60-70 players to get a realistic(ish) field. They have totally failed to create a lifelike back nine - you v tiger or whoever in the stretch on a Sunday afternoon.

Ridiculous maxed out stat golfers bombing 450yd drives everytime shooting 51's.

Incomplete course list for PGA Tour (= nowhere near complete). PR that says look this year we got x course (this yr Augusta which is really quite cool), what they don't say is we also dropped courses y & z.

I would love a sim but can never see it happening with ea sports.

It could be so awesome but is instead - half assed.

There, I've had enough haterade for now! But EA has duped me out of enough cash over the years...

Edited by noddy, 05 January 2011 - 04:40 AM.

#34 hull17rw

hull17rw

Mills Mob Represent!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33042
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:57 AM

For sure the recent EA TW games have been lacking in realism. But the chance to play Augusta, finally! Almost makes up for it. I will be getting a copy for my PS3.

Kevin
HULL17RW

#35 aeboarderus

aeboarderus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97796
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:aeboarderus
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

this game will be the only game that pulls me away from madden11 and/or COD Black ops.. another one sold for xbox 360

AMP CELL PRO AD DI 6X
VRS 19* YS-6S/RBZ STG-2 YS-7X
MIZUNO JPX 22* RIP BETA 100X
NIKE VR SPLIT CAV PX 6.0 FLIGHTED
METHOD MIDNITE 008 SS 3.0 SLIM
CG15 58* CG12 52*

#36 Titleist1455

Titleist1455

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50172
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

View Postnoddy, on 05 January 2011 - 03:59 AM, said:

Generally not a fan of EA's attempts at (arcade) Golf. They f&^%ed it up royally this year in TW 11. I was pumped for the Ryder Cup edition, went out and bought it on release only to find the rosters were so shallow that the US team was filled with players like Suzanne Petterson, Natalie Gulbis etc...

So LAME.. If you are going to do a golf game make sure it has at least 60-70 players to get a realistic(ish) field. They have totally failed to create a lifelike back nine - you v tiger or whoever in the stretch on a Sunday afternoon.

Incomplete course list for PGA Tour (= nowhere near complete). PR that says look this year we got x course (this yr Augusta which is really quite cool), what they don't say is we also dropped courses y & z.

There, I've had enough haterade for now! But EA has duped me out of enough cash over the years...

hey, i have a secret for you...it's a GAME!

it's a lot more realistic than winning 250 games in a row in Madden...or doing an 1800 rotation, triple back flip on Tony Hawk...or ANY of the war games where you can get a "health pack" and get back to 100% even though you were shot 15 times...

i could go on and on.........

just enjoy the game for what it's worth.  if it was really as hard as REAL golf, we would be searching for lost golf balls, missing 4 footers left and right, we would ACTUALLY be nervous over a tournament winning putt (instead of the controller shaking)...and oh yeah, we could NEVER  be able to "compete" with Tiger Woods

#37 gotj1

gotj1

gotj5iron

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11846
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 04 January 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

I don't own a gaming console yet but will be buying one now for sure.  Which one should I get?  PS3 Move, Wii or Xbox 360???

PS3 for the Blu-Ray alone.

#38 Watkins4x

Watkins4x

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103360
  • Ebay ID:Watkins4x
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

View PostInochi, on 05 January 2011 - 03:28 AM, said:

View Postgilbo, on 04 January 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

i blieve i read the game is kinect compatible and ps3move compatible

Can we confirm this is official? With the technology of kinect or ps3move, will it be like an simulator? That would be amazing

The press release yesterday said it would be WII compatible and PS3 Move, but they didn't have enough time to make it compatible with the Kinect.

#39 walterjay25

walterjay25

Winter is Coming

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69099
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

This is absolutely crazy.  I can't believe the members allowed this to  happen.  They are going to sell a lot of these!!!

They even got Nantz to do the commercial.  Here's a link:

http://www.golf.com/...2040676,00.html

#40 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

***Twirl of Doom***

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 1147

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

View Postwalterjay25, on 05 January 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

This is absolutely crazy.  I can't believe the members allowed this to  happen.  They are going to sell a lot of these!!!

I get chills each time I watch that commercial.  It was very well done!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#41 tbowles411

tbowles411

Carolin Pinegger, BB:MB. Must see TV!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 1872

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:15 PM

View Postwalterjay25, on 05 January 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

The member's like cash...and their charity will be helped too.

#42 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
GolfWRX Likes : 441

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:27 PM

I dont know if anyone else caught this part the announcers will be Ferhety and Nance which means no more Tilghman :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
9.5 9064 Oban Devotion 06
14.5 X Hot 3 Deep
18* IDEA PRO Hybrid the OG
RAZR X Forged 4-PW
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill
Vokey 52/56/60 200series/TVDK/TVDMgrind
WITB Link

#43 DallasPanic

DallasPanic

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20278
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

Hilarious!!!!Posted Image
....meaning how far gaming has come and how some think how much better it can be and how its lacking.
Seems that its pretty damn cool how it is and only going to get better.

View PostTitleist1455, on 05 January 2011 - 01:50 PM, said:

hey, i have a secret for you...it's a GAME!

it's a lot more realistic than winning 250 games in a row in Madden...or doing an 1800 rotation, triple back flip on Tony Hawk...or ANY of the war games where you can get a "health pack" and get back to 100% even though you were shot 15 times...

i could go on and on.........

just enjoy the game for what it's worth.  if it was really as hard as REAL golf, we would be searching for lost golf balls, missing 4 footers left and right, we would ACTUALLY be nervous over a tournament winning putt (instead of the controller shaking)...and oh yeah, we could NEVER  be able to "compete" with Tiger Woods

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 05 January 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

I'm finally going to buy a new gaming system this year because of the new 2012 Tiger Woods game that is coming out.  I can't decide between the Xbox 360 or the PS3?  I play mostly sports games (when I play) and my girlfriend wants to utilize netflicks from this too.  Which one would be better for me?

Edited by DallasPanic, 06 January 2011 - 12:01 AM.

Titleist 913 D3 9.5* Oban Devotion 6/05
Titleist 913fd 15* UST VTS TourSPX Red7
Bridgestone J40 18* Diamana 'Ahina X
Bridgestone J40 4-W KBS C-Taper
Miura MB-5002 48* DG S400
Miura Wedge Series 55* & 59* DG S400

#44 noddy

noddy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:47 AM

Whatever floats your boat...

Hey I'm, happy for you if you're happy with it.

I'm personally not becase I have seen an absolute lack of improvement in the TW series from year to year.

It COULD be fantastic but I have found it a total dissapointment year after year - and I have bought most editions. From gameface not working properly to the flat out ridiculous scores that are posted in online play I just cannot get into it.

So in madden they can provide full rosters for 32 teams (with updates) and in Tiger they can only produce 15-20 golfers? How about FIFA they produce full squads for about 12 LEAGUES yet why oh why can they only give us so few golfers that you cannot even properly fill a Ryder cup team?

As I say...whatever makes you happy.. :friends:

#45 kduffy

kduffy

Advanced

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109201
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:52 AM

View PostBkgolferNH, on 04 January 2011 - 06:26 PM, said:

Any idea on new players in the 2012 game? I have ps3 and I have how they put guys in there like Danny Lee, Monty, and that Nick Dougherty guy (or something like that). I want to play with Bubba, Dustin Johnson, and Rickie Fowler, the new guys, not these guys that barely play.

I'm so excited about this, I have waited forever to see Augusta in here, thanks EA

Looks like Dustin Johnson could be in it as I saw a screen-shot of his caddy (or it could be Zach Johnson!?!) on the EA Sports website.

Oh and i'm fairly sure Bubba Watson is in it as well as I saw a screen-shot of his (awesome!) swing, Tiger Woods seems to be using it as well...Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by kduffy, 06 January 2011 - 06:00 AM.

#46 EK16

EK16

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87450
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

I had 09, 10, and held off on 11.

I just might have to buy 12 now....

Now if they only can get titleist products in there.....

#47 RedSide

RedSide

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107019
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

I happen to agree 100% with those statements. Fact is, with all the licensing and copyright that would have to go into the game, EA would have to shell out lots of $$ to ever get close to what we look for in a golf game. I have skipped the last few years of series for that reason, and I hate giving anymore money to EA $ports. It all their about, really.

#48 highergr0und

highergr0und

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 735

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

Now they just need to add a historic shot mini game to it.....   Not only for Augusta (which may actually get me to buy the game), but for the other courses.

#49 noddy

noddy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

View PostFlyGuy, on 06 January 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

I happen to agree 100% with those statements. Fact is, with all the licensing and copyright that would have to go into the game, EA would have to shell out lots of $$ to ever get close to what we look for in a golf game. I have skipped the last few years of series for that reason, and I hate giving anymore money to EA $ports. It all their about, really.

Agreed 1000%. I'm over EA's ca$h grabs too. Anyone who has played NBA 2k11 will see what a sports game should be like.  That game is so good it's flat our ridiculous.

I know absolutely the licensing fees would cost a squillion for EA to give us what we want. One word would fix that - editor. Let the community build what we want! Build any golfer, any course it could be nuts.

#50 Allen Robertson

Allen Robertson

Seattle Seahawks - Superbowl XLVIII Champions

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93984
  • Handicap:1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

View PostEK16, on 06 January 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

I had 09, 10, and held off on 11.

I just might have to buy 12 now....

Now if they only can get titleist products in there.....

Same here, and the only reason i have 10 is because my girlfriends brother gave it to me lol. I never thought I would see the day when Augusta let their course be put into a video game, as EA has been trying for years... Definitely thought we would see Titleist products before Augusta National

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#51 Obiwan21

Obiwan21

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97191
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:15 AM

I've already notified the wife that if I am to purchase the earrings she wants for Valentine's Day, then there had better be an existing pre-order on Amazon for this game for me.

#52 r8ted_vrp

r8ted_vrp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117726
  • Ebay ID:whodat924

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

LOL

View PostObiwan21, on 10 January 2011 - 02:15 AM, said:

I've already notified the wife that if I am to purchase the earrings she wants for Valentine's Day, then there had better be an existing pre-order on Amazon for this game for me.

Adams Insight a4 Tour 9* AD MD-6X
Callaway Razr Fit Extreme 15* Matrix 7M3
Callaway x2 Hot 5 Deep Tour Green
Nike Covert Tour 21* Kuro Kage
Cleveland 588 TT 6-PW
Cleveland 588 RTX 50*,56*, Nike DS 60*

#53 Cassius King

Cassius King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122266
  • Ebay ID:yemtrey
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

Is Augusta going to be available for play anytime, ie, online, head to head, etc?  Or is it only going to be available if you play  a "season" mode.  This would be a serious deal breaker for me.

#54 J.R.

J.R.

Advanced

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96265

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

View PostCassius King, on 22 February 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

Is Augusta going to be available for play anytime, ie, online, head to head, etc?  Or is it only going to be available if you play  a "season" mode.  This would be a serious deal breaker for me.

Hopefully its not like 10 where you have to "unlock the courses"
Anser 9.5 Tour Spec Fuel 60X
913F NV 85X
i20 4-PW Nippon Super Peening Orange X
Vokey 52 56 60 Dynamic Black Gold X
Ping Redwood D66 Gripmaster

#55 HoosierMizuno

HoosierMizuno

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87620
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 213

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:39 PM

View Postnoddy, on 06 January 2011 - 03:47 AM, said:

So in madden they can provide full rosters for 32 teams (with updates) and in Tiger they can only produce 15-20 golfers? How about FIFA they produce full squads for about 12 LEAGUES yet why oh why can they only give us so few golfers that you cannot even properly fill a Ryder cup team?

As I say...whatever makes you happy.. :friends:

NFL, NBA, MLB all have player unions and all players can be used under a license by each league. If EA gets the NFL license they are allowed to use all players. This is why its so hard to get players no longer playing for the legends or classic teams, because they don't fall under the league license. In golf, there is no players union so each player represents himself. They have to get permission and probably pay a fee to each player in the game similiar to boxing.

I hope i'm right on this...

Adams Fast 12 LS 10.5* W/ Fubuki S
TM Stage 2 Tour 3HL TP w/ Matrix RUL 80
Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid 18*
TM Speedblades 4-PW, AW KBS TOUR S
TM ATV 54* and 58*
SeeMore mFGP2 34"

#56 msupl

msupl

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8194
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

EA announced today the demo for Tiger 2012 will be on March 8th.  You'll be able to play the 18th hole at Augusta.

http://www.ea.com/ti...mo-announcement

#57 Anser

Anser

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28177
  • Ebay ID:ADX
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:46 PM

View PostDustin, on 04 January 2011 - 02:41 PM, said:

Wow....i haven't had a gaming system in many years....but this game alone could make me get one.  Anyone know if these games are available for a MAC?

It's not quite the same game but there is an online browser only Tiger Woods game called Tiger Woods Online and I believe Augusta will be coming to it as well.
TaylorMade SLDR 12 with Tour AD DI 7X
TaylorMade SLDR S 12 mini TP
Adams XTD 19 degree hybrid
TM 2014 CB 4,5,6 MC 7,8,9,P
Cally X Forged 54/58
Ping Anser Milled 5 34"

#58 Chappie

Chappie

Let's play sometime!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78190
  • Ebay ID:thechappie
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:02 AM

I'll give it a rent so I can experience Augusta in some kind of first hand way for myself, but I have to agree:  TW has become a really tired series.  Not enough realism, pretty shallow gameplay after a fairly short amount of time.

Hopefully they'll get Merion in there the year they host the US Open, I might buy that one.

#59 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
GolfWRX Likes : 441

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

Well mine is pre ordered for ps3. For those that complain about the realism try playing the true aim mode. some of the changes look pretty good, like being able to adjust the skill level when playing tour mode so you just can't lap the field
9.5 9064 Oban Devotion 06
14.5 X Hot 3 Deep
18* IDEA PRO Hybrid the OG
RAZR X Forged 4-PW
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill
Vokey 52/56/60 200series/TVDK/TVDMgrind
WITB Link

#60 QuadzillaXXX

QuadzillaXXX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123357
  • Ebay ID:quadzillaxxx
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

awesome...if you want an easy win catch me on xbox live under same name as here lol

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors