Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Maximum Lie Angle Adjustment

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jc0

Jc0

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119066
  • Handicap:+0.1
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:58 AM

How much can an iron be bent without breaking.  I am looking to get new wedges and I have heard that forged can be bent easier than cast.  I was wondering if this is true and how much can each handle.

On another note, I was also considering making the wedges slightly flatter than the rest of my set, like 2 degrees.  Has anyone done this and what was your experience with it.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 dwb7272

dwb7272

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,031 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3305
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

Pretty much the softer the metal the more you can bend them safely. Forged is much easier to bend and can be adjusted quite a bit. Cast is harder and depending on material can break. I have never broke one but have heard some of the Clevelands break very easily. Pings are hard to bend but the ones with the channel cut on the hosel, I have bent those 3 to 4 degrees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors