Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ping Tour W or S with TS Grind

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bogey222

bogey222

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3978
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:55 AM

Looking for feedback from those who have played these wedges with the TS(thin sole)Grind. Is this grind really more versatile than the standard wedge grind? I play on mostly firm conditions and am trying to see which would be easier to open. Thanks for any info.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 juanki

juanki

mexican bomber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60587
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:47 PM

i play a tour w with the ts grind, (now called tour grind) and its not the same as the ts wedges, the ts wedges, have only a narrower sole and less bounce (10 to 8), and not the heel grind, mine is a 61 and its a great tool when it comes to open the face, very easy to get under the ball, as to play in firm conditions, probalby the for lesser wedges may not be as usefull, because its rarely to open a 56 or a 52, for those the ts wolud be fine as its has less bounce and thin sole (b and bounce grinds). the h grind lets you lower the hands when you open the face.

#3 keithrichards

keithrichards

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104260
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:05 PM

GolfSmith has PING wedges marked down and they had a 60 with "TS" stamp.  I had never seen these before. I am also interested in others feedback...
Adams 9015d 9* F6M2 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 14.5 Tour Green stif
PING Rapture DI stock stiff
Nike Covert Tour Pro 21 KK stiff
PING s55 4-pw KBS Tour stiff
PING Anser 54/60 DG Spinner

#4 vernon

vernon

Vernon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11868
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:27 AM

Ordered a set of S56's with two matching "S" wedges a few months ago.  Got the radius grind on the 4-PW and wanted the TS on the 50 (bent to 52) and the 56 (bent to 58) but was told by Ping that the 4-PW was no problem but that they wouldn't do the wedges as the finish on the wedges was different and would be too easily damaged in the grinding process.  Thought it sounded a little weird and even asked in an earlier post if anyone else had been told the same thing but didn't get any responses.  Can't hardly believe if Hunter Mahan wants a special gring on his "S" wedges that he ain't gonna get it.  Nonetheless, turns out to be no big deal at all as I absolutely love the irons and the wedges as they are.  

Have played Mizuno, Vokey, Cleveland, Nike and others in the past and was pleasantly surprised at how good the new Pings really are.  Don't seem to hit them quite as far as some of the others but the feel and control is second to none.  Even with the new grooves, I don't have any problem spinning them out of the rough. Opening the face works well and shutting it down for chips and runners is easy too.  Not sure what the deal is on the custom grinds but I really do like these irons and wedges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors